Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30437

Kalon Adopts (Mod Apps Open!) by Karmel

Based on Click to view
Artist Karmel [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 15
724 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon Adopts (Mod Apps Open!)

Postby Karmel » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:36 pm

nursery | growths + transfers | customs | artist search | nursery artist search | archive | customs archive
fanclub | announcements | tumblr | kalon myos | edit shop | suggestion thread | artist alley

Welcome to Kalon Adopts!
Thank you for visiting our species today.
We invite you to see if there's any up for adoption that interest you!

Moderator Applications are now open!
Click here to go to the information post.

◤--- Image

QUICK FACTS wrote:eupleridae
    → iridescent tail shines
    fossa whiskers & teeth
    → textured manes
    long tongues
    minkish paws
    sheepish noses
    social, tame, clever
    → woodland habitats
    → adore colorful things
    → fruit, insects, fish
    Kalons [ka·lon] are generally long-furred omnivorous creatures similar in body structure to fossa. These eupleridae vary in size from a house cat to a full-grown liger (9”-60” high). They are red blooded, viviparous, and highly protective of their young until the offspring reaches maturity. Their paws are dexterous for grasping food, climbing trees, and to groom one another. The diet of a Kalon tends to consist of fruits, nuts, fish, and insects although some are also known to eat other meat.

A unique trait specific to the species is a shining, flexible iridescent material found on their tails used mostly for identification and showing off which is helpful when spotting another Kalon from afar. The shine can be compared to a hummingbird or snake’s natural iridescence, and this shimmering association to their own kind has led to many Kalons hoarding shiny or colorful objects they come across. They also tend to create close bonds with fellow species members, especially those within a family unit. They communicate through a series of chatters and growls, each succession of noises unique to form a sort of language. These creatures are active both during the day and the night cycles usually spending time napping in the sunlight or hunting prey after dark.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sapient. Scientists have urged the general population to consider adopting Kalons for further study into their aptitude. Their intelligence has been called similar to that of dolphins.

Human interference with the species, such as radiation or their sensitivity to airwaves, has caused hundreds of these creatures to form harmless mutations. These genetic transformations vary greatly such as additional limbs, excessive fur growth, and even glowing body parts. The most elusive Kalons are known as legends that walk the earth capable of possessing wings or transparency.

◤--- Image

[ kalon species trait guide - coming soon]

Standard:
    Hair edits that stay above jawline when wet, Custom Tail Shine, Teeth, Claws

Common:
    Hair edits that go beyond the jawline when wet, Backmanes, Custom Tails, Longer Fur

Uncommon:
    Short/No Fur, Custom Ears, Custom Pupil, Custom Tongue

Rare:
    Extra/Missing Eyes (maximum of six eyes total), One Halo, Extra Limbs (up to six total), Missing Limbs (up to two total, does not pass in breeding without mutation/autopass item), Glow, Two Tails, Height Mutation (Munchkin or Reverse Munchkin), Horns on the Head, Extra Ears (maximum of two sets), Colorful Blood, Approved Natural Mutations (i.e. goop, polydactyl, etc.)

Legendary:
    Wings, Gems, Transparency, Multiple Heads, Multiple Halos, Elemental Aspects, Multiple Tails (more than two, up to nine total), Scales, Shine on the Body, Horns on the Body, More than Six Limbs (maximum of eight), Gene Splicing (with species owner approval only)

Retired Traits:
    (These can no longer be used on Kalons and cannot pass in breeding.)

Eyes on the Body, No Tail, No Shine, Body Parts made of Goop/Slime

Non-Rarity Traits:
    (These do not automatically pass in breeding and hold no trait rarity.)

Weight (Plump/Skinny), Sclera Color, Heterochromia

Species banner art by PrismicPuppy @ DA
Last edited by Karmel on Wed May 02, 2018 11:59 am, edited 71 times in total.
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ Guidelines ]

Postby Karmel » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:35 am

◤--- Image

• Kalons are a closed species and it is not permitted for a non-staff user to create their own Kalon adoptable.

• Selling or purchasing Kalons for any type of payment be it art, currency, or likewise is prohibited.

• You may not use the Kalon base to sell designs for the species. You may only offer your services to create a design for another user, but you cannot pre-make designs for profit. Designs purchased on other bases may be transferred into the species as Kalons with the appropriate MYO level so long as the original design also allows transfers.

• Kalons/MYOs may only be traded for other Kalons/MYOs, and Items can only be traded for other Items. You cannot exchange these adoptables or species items for art, currency, or outside species.

• You may roleplay Kalons.

• A Kalon may be your fursona if you have written proof of permission from the original artist. Permission from the owner of the other parent(s) must also be obtained if using anything other than a first-gen Kalon such as a kit.

• Transfers out of the species must be first discussed with the original artist of the design, and then secondly with the species Owners and run on a case-by-case basis. If these steps are refused to be taken, and the transfer goes forth anyway, it will result in a ban on the user. A transfer will only be approved for special circumstances.

• Be kind and courteous to every member, harassment within the species will not be tolerated. Please do not whine or beg for Kalons.

• Respect Artists and their adopt competitions. Do not post forms after the deadline, continually bump an unjudged competition, or attempt to blackmail/persuade the artist into picking your form.

• We would appreciate it if you asked a species Owner before making public Kalon based threads. Roleplays and such are fine to proceed without permission.

• Please do not mini mod the threads. Allow all questions posted here to be answered by staff only and if there is an issue contact a member of staff directly. Please message a species Owner if you have any complaints or concerns instead of posting them here.

◤--- Image

• You may not edit your Kalon's lines (including all traits and colors) unless adding accessories, changing expression, or coloring the line-art. You may add as many accessories as you desire. Message a species Owner for approval on adding scars to existing Kalons.

• Kalon muzzles cannot be edited to change the length, shape, etc. This includes the nose. The only exception is matching the line thickness to your style, but everything must remain the same look.

• A list of edits must be posted on all Main Adopts, Kits, Transfer, and Customs.

◤--- Image

• Custom lined MYOs/Adopts must have a secondary reference on the Official Kalon lines to be used for approval, breeding, and archive purposes. A copy of official off-oekaki species lines in PNG and PSD format can be found here.

• Growths, Transfers, and MYO Customs may be made by any user, staff or otherwise.

• Transfers, Growths, and Customs must have clear approval from a staff member to ensure accuracy and assess potential issues. To receive approval you must send a screenshot of the completed Kalon to any staff member along with the link to the original design/kit reference/MYO slot proof. If a screenshot is not possible please add the staff member you're messaging to the covered image.

• You cannot regrow a Kalon that has already been approved and is accurate to the kit reference. Only exception is moving from V.1 to V.2 lines or transferring to oekaki.

• You can receive permission from Wicced!Witch or Karmel to reline a growth/transfer. It must be on the same reference, you cannot make an entirely new growth, and the purpose of a reline is for accuracy to the kit or original reference.

• Users may revamp customs, so long as they have the current species Owners express permission as well as posted proof of written approval of the revamp from a species Owner. However, revamps cannot occur if the Kalon has had kits.

◤--- Image

• Users may own an unlimited number of Kalons, but you may only win up to 3 main adopts in one month including any awarded Runner Ups. The following do not count toward this cooldown: Customs, Nursery Batches, Readoptions, and special adopts (events, 50s, 00s).

• A user must own a Kalon for 2 weeks before they are allowed to trade it and may only make a trade once every 30 days. This cooldown includes the trading of MYO/custom slots. You must fill out the proper form found on the Kalon Archive Update Thread for the trade to be valid.

• A user may gift a Kalon at any time without waiting for any ownership cooldown, and you may gift an unlimited number of Kalons a month. You must fill out the proper form found on the Kalon Archive Update Thread for the gifting to be valid.

• Users must wait one week after obtaining a new Kalon before they can breed it.

• Kits can be grown three weeks after their batch was posted.

• Users must wait three weeks after breeding any of their Kalons before they can request another batch. This cooldown starts when the ticket was accepted by the artist, not when the batch was posted.

◤--- Image

• Kalons can be any romantic or sexual orientation and have as many relationships as they'd like.

• Kalons can breed with one or two other Kalons, regardless of gender, so long as the other owner(s) condone the breeding.

• Kalons may breed a maximum of three times during their lifespan. The mate does not have to be the same in every breeding.

• One breeding will result in 1-4 kits (number randomly rolled).

• Incestuous relationships and relationships involving kits with adults are not allowed. You may not look for breeding/adult romantic partners for your kit until they have been grown and approved by staff; this includes kits that are "ready to be grown" or have a "growth in progress."

• Users may not PM artists about obtaining breeding slots. Breeding slots will remain public so everyone has a fair chance at obtaining the slot. Proof of user and/or artist sidestepping this rule will result in a strike.

• Users may not switch nursery artists for two weeks after they send in their breeding ticket/reserve a slot, unless the artist cancels their open slots. If switching nursery artists after two weeks, users must provide proof that they gave a day's notice to the initial artist that they would be switching, and then wait at least one day before switching to a new artist.

• Batches involving Legendary traits must be rolled for via live stream.

• All breeding based items must be on the ticket when posting.

◤--- Image

• Artists may hold any competition type for their adopts (raffles, FCFS, impress, etc.)

• Staff may not take payment for HM Customs or Nursery Batches, but can be paid for MYO Customs and Growths.

• Staff may make or have another artist make their Personal Breeding after every 4 staff duty related tasks are completed (Adopts or Nursery Batches, can be a mix of both or four of one thing).

• Staff will not step in to decide the fate of a nursery batch as those must be determined by the owners themselves. If needed and all breeding partners agree, a staff member can randomly roll for the fate of a kit via live stream.

• Guest artists receive one unlimited uncommon custom slot after the staff vote, whether they are hired or not.

• Staff will receive one custom slot each month based on activity. This slot is a One Rare Trait and Under custom that they can use, trade, or sell if desired.
      • Defined activity for Artists is 2 Adopts or Nursery Batches per month. Activity for Moderators is defined by species owners on a case-by-case basis.
      • There is a document that labels activity each month at the end of the month, please contact Karmel or Wicced!Witch for access to this document. If labelled as inactive, you can contact either owner to plead your case for activity.
      • If you choose to not use/trade/sell the slot, you can combine it with the next month’s slot to get an Unlimited Rare and Unlimited Under custom. However, you cannot get a Legendary from this by combining more.
      • If you do not want a custom, you can opt for one or more Edit Items. This excludes Breeding Mutation (unless adding up two months activity similar to the customs system) or Single Trait Autopass (unless adding up three months activity). Contact Karmel or Wicced!Witch for this option.

◤--- Image

Occasionally, if an artist feels that an entry for a Kalon that didn't win is deserving of recognition they will award an honorable mention. If a user accumulates a specific number of honorable mentions then they are eligible to trade them in for a custom Kalon. These are earned through one's effort put into adoption competitions.

10 HMs for Unlimited Standard MYO
        15 HMs for Unlimited Common and Under MYO
        20 HMs for Unlimited Uncommon and Under MYO
        35 HMs for One Rare and Unlimited Under MYO
        50 HMs for Unlimited Rare and Under MYO
        90 HMs for One Legendary and Unlimited Under MYO
      Any user may make an HM Custom, whether staff or community. To get approval after their made simply have all the appropriate honorable mentions that you are using linked with your custom and message a member of Staff so that they may look it over. Once approved, these HMs are now obsolete and cannot be used again.

◤--- Image

You'll get three strikes before a ban. Bans mean that users cannot breed their Kalons, interact with any of the Kalon threads, participate in Kalon events or the community chat, adopt or try out for new Kalons, create customs/MYOs or have HM customs created, or grow/trade their Kalons.

Strikes
      - #786095 [1 Strike]
      - #700324 [1 Strike]
      - #736952 [1 Strike]
      - #700444 [1 Strike]
      - #752840 [2 Strikes]
      - #444478 [2 Strikes]
      - #396703 [1 Strike]
      - #799095 [1 Strike]
      - #734990 [1 Strike]
      - #777089 [1 Strike]

Bans

• Kalon Adopts reserves the right to issue a strike or ban to any user via majority Kalon staff vote in accordance with the assessed severity of the situation.

• Kalons of banned users may be readopted based on the severity of the case.

Last edited by Karmel on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:51 am, edited 61 times in total.
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ Stamps + Affiliates ]

Postby Karmel » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:35 am

◤--- Image

By Schnuffel Bunny
      Code: Select all
      [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3347553][img]https://image.ibb.co/mVdE2w/Webp_net_gifmaker.gif[/img][/url]

By Aillurophile - Non-animated:
      [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3347553][img]http://i.imgur.com/tyb5vh7.png[/img][/url]

By Aillurophile - Animated Text:
      [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3347553][img]http://i.imgur.com/6xRQ3hR.gif[/img][/url]

By aromantic
      [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3347553][img]http://i.imgur.com/0iYkttk.png[/img][/url]

By LivvyAh
      [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3347553][img]http://orig04.deviantart.net/8395/f/2016/290/a/7/ka_by_madehere-dalds7e.png[/img][/url]

By Takura.
      [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3347553][img]http://orig10.deviantart.net/c538/f/2017/067/a/2/a_lil_kalon_stamp_by_takura_nokinu-db1m0ze.png[/img][/url]

◤--- Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by Karmel on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Extra

Postby Karmel » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:36 am

Reserved for future use.
Last edited by Karmel on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 45 times in total.
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon Adopts v2 - MARKING OPEN

Postby qpplepie » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:14 am

hope we're allowed to mark?

dammnnn 2nd
qpplepie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lillybear » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:14 am

mark !
Last edited by Lillybear on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lillybear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waterfront » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:14 am

softly marks,
i love these new lines! they look so smooth ahh
rn : moving 2 a new town in about a week,
dealing w/ a bit of a dumb cold too, ahha.
but i'm doing much better mentally too!!

hi i'm harvest (girl + any prns) & i love
my angel gf more than anything 💕💘!!!
!! : elena , bugs, gardens, nintendo,
art, teas, gemstones, plushies, music

(album | icon by my lovely coolwhipp <3333)
waterfront

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubixilam » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:14 am

c:
████