♥Crushes, Boyfriends, and Girlfriends | V6♥

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ♥Crushes, Boyfriends, and Girlfriends | V6♥

Postby plot » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:36 am

Okay, big yikes—kind of need some advice:
So, I’ve been talking to this guy. Some months ago he got out of a bad relationship, toxic, and since then he said he has been working on himself and focusing on him. Anyway, after the break up, somewhere along the way he had almost dated his (now) best friend but evidentially she ended up dating my best friend. So it’s this whole squarish mess.
Is it me being dumb or over reacting to be a little bothered by his almost girlfriend being his best friend? I have never been able to be friends with my exes, but is this a normal thing? I’ve also never dated a friend before so maybe I don’t have enough experience on that topic to really decide. If it’s just me over reacting and no one thinks that’s weird then I don’t want to mention it and make a fool out of myself or a big deal out of nothing—especially since that’s his best friend now, I don’t want to mention anything that makes him upset. I really am not certain how to go through with my feelings. I’m used to just putting them all out on the table, and I have no issue with my boyfriends having girl friends but this feels a little different to me.
As in maybe it’s me over thinking but, if he still has feelings for her, maybe that’s why he’s so over protective when it comes to my friend and her dating?
CS Trade Thread | FR Trade Thread
Introvert | Adult | Fish Biologist | Rat Collector | Pokemon Trainer
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

plot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panther202 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:20 am

plot wrote:Okay, big yikes—kind of need some advice:
So, I’ve been talking to this guy. Some months ago he got out of a bad relationship, toxic, and since then he said he has been working on himself and focusing on him. Anyway, after the break up, somewhere along the way he had almost dated his (now) best friend but evidentially she ended up dating my best friend. So it’s this whole squarish mess.
Is it me being dumb or over reacting to be a little bothered by his almost girlfriend being his best friend? I have never been able to be friends with my exes, but is this a normal thing? I’ve also never dated a friend before so maybe I don’t have enough experience on that topic to really decide. If it’s just me over reacting and no one thinks that’s weird then I don’t want to mention it and make a fool out of myself or a big deal out of nothing—especially since that’s his best friend now, I don’t want to mention anything that makes him upset. I really am not certain how to go through with my feelings. I’m used to just putting them all out on the table, and I have no issue with my boyfriends having girl friends but this feels a little different to me.
As in maybe it’s me over thinking but, if he still has feelings for her, maybe that’s why he’s so over protective when it comes to my friend and her dating?

Opinions on being friends with an ex varies from person to person. I've been friends with exes before (mostly my female ones) and haven't had problems. Eventually the friendship fizzles out but not always. It was easy for me and past partners to come to an agreement that we were better as friends previously than we were dating.

Nothing could ever be classified as "normal" because it varies from person to person. Quite honestly his choice to be friends with his ex is his choice and it's best for you to stay out of the middle of that.
Panther202

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ Carol Danvers ~ » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:04 pm

Alright, I need some advice.

So I have a crush on this guy from school and it's uh, pretty bad. We are very similar people and there are many things about him that make me can't help but just think about him all the time and get nervous around him and all those other good crushy feelings. But the problem is, we are both very awkward haha. I have social anxiety and he is just a generally shy and reserved person, and neither of us have ever dated anyone before. We have classes with each other but we never get any chances to actually conversate, so all I have to go off of to decide if he feels the same way is our few weird interactions.

So far from what I've observed he's been glancing at me when I'm not looking (twice when I was talking to another guy), following me down a flight of stairs when going in the other direction would have been much more convenient, mirroring my very odd sitting position, and the biggest one: the time we ended up staring into each other's eyes for a good few seconds, in a situation where it was mentioned that someone else liked someone with the same name as me. And the other day, a friend of mine and his was talking to him about homecoming dates and she ended up saying he should try talking to me, and he responded by saying he thought a guy I'm friends with and I were dating. We didn't go to homecoming together or anything but I did notice him apparently looking in my direction a bit more that day.

While I'm not 100% sure, I think he likes me and is just too shy to approach me. My question is: Supposing he likes me, what should I do about it? As I previously mentioned, I have anxiety so a taking a more bold approach would not be ideal. I'm hoping to find a subtle way to talk to him or kind of show my interest without being too obvious, which is difficult because in the classes I have with him he either sits too far away from me or there's hardly no chance of us getting each other alone. Any suggestions?
~ Carol Danvers ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crabs » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:07 pm

.merlin. wrote:And the other day, a friend of mine and his was talking to him about homecoming dates and she ended up saying he should try talking to me, and he responded by saying he thought a guy I'm friends with and I were dating.

If your friend is willing, and it might take some convincing, but maybe she could help you? See if she could tell him that you want to talk, but you can never get the time, and maybe find out if he has social medias that you two could potentially swap?

While I'm not one to support the whole "Relationship over the phone" kind of ordeal, at this point if you two want to start even a friendship, it should start there.

Or see if your friend can invite him to sit with you guys at lunch?
Highway to Heaven
Crabs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ Carol Danvers ~ » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:16 pm

Crabs wrote:
.merlin. wrote:And the other day, a friend of mine and his was talking to him about homecoming dates and she ended up saying he should try talking to me, and he responded by saying he thought a guy I'm friends with and I were dating.

If your friend is willing, and it might take some convincing, but maybe she could help you? See if she could tell him that you want to talk, but you can never get the time, and maybe find out if he has social medias that you two could potentially swap?

While I'm not one to support the whole "Relationship over the phone" kind of ordeal, at this point if you two want to start even a friendship, it should start there.

Or see if your friend can invite him to sit with you guys at lunch?

I think she would definitely be willing to help me out but I've been kind of nervous about the idea and how to make that work without it being too weird? And we follow each other on a social media but I guess I've just been kind of putting off the idea of messaging him. Hmm, I guess I've just never been put in the position where I have to go after someone rather than wait for them to come to me so the idea is somewhat intimidating. Perhaps I should try one of those things if I really want to get things going though...
~ Carol Danvers ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paevent » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:06 pm

oof I’m back
    this is mostly a rant, I think ;3;
    so
    the dude I rejected (kindly) still seems to be flirting with me, and I really hate it. this happened to me before with my ex, she’d still be all touchy with me and flirt after the breakup. we’re still sorta friends though, and she seems to have moved on telling me about her new crushes haha. BUT ANYWAYS, he wants to get me a rose, for the price of a freaking dollar and will try to be with me more saying stuff like “what class do you have after this I’ll meet with you there” and I. can’t. handle. it. I be nice and accept it, but inside I have this fiery feeling (the bad kind). I’m not lovesick, I’m annoyed. He’s being a really nice guy, but he’s just not my type and I feel really uncomfortable with him doing this stuff to me, like he expects me to fall in love with him. I was thinking yeah maybe I will, but so far things have just gone downhill for me mentally. What really hurt me, is the fact that he got out his yearbook and I immediately knew what was gonna happen next. Just like how I knew he was going to ask me out. I saw it coming from miles away. He freaking mentioned me in the yearbook, my dumbass potato face. Right there. For him to see. To look at. For as long as he wants ;-; he doesn’t know who I truly am, imma outlier, I love things that people don’t usually love, I act differently and believe in different things. and he’s…average. At least, he seems to be that way ): I don’t know, I just have a feeling. I sense things are going to happen and then they do, especially with small things like what someone might say next or feel or do. It’d probably make more sense if you were me and knew him.
    To summarize it all, he’s not my type. I don’t like this dude. I’ll find a way to try and tell him to take it down a notch, but for right now, I hate this ;-; so damn much
adult || any pronouns idc || mobile user
paevent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:27 pm

astronaut 13 wrote:
    oof I’m back
    this is mostly a rant, I think ;3;
    so
    the dude I rejected (kindly) still seems to be flirting with me, and I really hate it. this happened to me before with my ex, she’d still be all touchy with me and flirt after the breakup. we’re still sorta friends though, and she seems to have moved on telling me about her new crushes haha. BUT ANYWAYS, he wants to get me a rose, for the price of a freaking dollar and will try to be with me more saying stuff like “what class do you have after this I’ll meet with you there” and I. can’t. handle. it. I be nice and accept it, but inside I have this fiery feeling (the bad kind). I’m not lovesick, I’m annoyed. He’s being a really nice guy, but he’s just not my type and I feel really uncomfortable with him doing this stuff to me, like he expects me to fall in love with him. I was thinking yeah maybe I will, but so far things have just gone downhill for me mentally. What really hurt me, is the fact that he got out his yearbook and I immediately knew what was gonna happen next. Just like how I knew he was going to ask me out. I saw it coming from miles away. He freaking mentioned me in the yearbook, my dumbass potato face. Right there. For him to see. To look at. For as long as he wants ;-; he doesn’t know who I truly am, imma outlier, I love things that people don’t usually love, I act differently and believe in different things. and he’s…average. At least, he seems to be that way ): I don’t know, I just have a feeling. I sense things are going to happen and then they do, especially with small things like what someone might say next or feel or do. It’d probably make more sense if you were me and knew him.
    To summarize it all, he’s not my type. I don’t like this dude. I’ll find a way to try and tell him to take it down a notch, but for right now, I hate this ;-; so damn much

From the sound of it, you need to tell him to buzz off completely, not just a little bit. Like you said though, he seems like a nice guy. remind him of that, but tell him you don't like him and ask him stop flirting with you. If the kind way of rejecting him didn't work, perhaps being blunt will. I know it sounds mean but it's better to put your foot down, especially when you don't like what someone else is doing. You have every right to tell him to stop.

Try saying something like: 'Hey, (name), I don't like that you're still flirting with me after I rejected you. You're a nice guy but I just don't feel the same way, and I want you to stop flirting." Or something along those lines? Say it how you'd say if, of course, but be confident and tell him you don't like the way he's acting or treating you and maybe he'll listen and back off.

TLDR: Sometimes letting them down kindly doesn't work. You have to be blunt to get your point across.

-------------------------------------

and for the sake of not double posting...

My sorry excuse for an ex messaged me aGAiN over snapchat even after threatening him with a restraining order :,)
    Nothing I've done is working and honestly I'm at my wit's end :,)

He messaged me tonight when I was about to go to sleep and I got mad because I need my rest as I slept horrid last night so I told him to buzz off until tomorrow and he exploded at me ???

ugh
Last edited by sillies on Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paevent » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:38 pm

space mochi wrote:
    astronaut 13 wrote:
      -cut

-cut
      Try saying something like: 'Hey, (name), I don't like that you're still flirting with me after I rejected you. You're a nice guy but I just don't feel the same way, and I want you to stop flirting." Or something along those lines? Say it how you'd say if, of course, but be confident and tell him you don't like the way he's acting or treating you and maybe he'll listen and back off.

TLDR: Sometimes letting them down kindly doesn't work. You have to be blunt to get your point across.

Thanks for the advice! I’ll be sure to tell him something like that the next time I see him. I hope he backs off so I don’t have to talk much anymore ^^’ it’s exhausting knowing that he wants to walk and talk everyday with me, sometimes are fine but I’m not gonna do it everyday. I’m not that much of a talking person ;-;
adult || any pronouns idc || mobile user
paevent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:43 am

Damn you, boy in my art class! *shakes fist* I surrender to the almighty power of the crush! Why you gotta be so cute though :') Literally praying that you are into girls and are single so I have a fighting chance ;w;
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

∞ Crush

Postby sinpai » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:05 pm

I told my crush I like her today. I've liked her since we met which was a few years ago but I never told her until now because one of us would be in a relationship when the other wasn't (on accident) and she told me she had a crush on me too. Although normally this ends in a relationship me and her are staying friends due to distance (she moved away a few months ago due to family issues) but I cannot express how happy I am right now!! She's the first girl I've actually had the guts to tell I like (I've only seriously liked 2 girls in my life time, she's the first one I've told) and although I know we probably won't be more than friends I'm still over joyed. I care about her a lot and would move heaven and hell for her. I hope whoever gets her takes good care of her

╔═════════════════════╗
any pronouns ☆ UTC-4 ★ otter hoarder
full time medical assistant that enjoys
anime and gaming (PC, xbox, switch)
i have two dogs that i raise with my bf
named ghost and odin, both husky mixes.
have a lovely day. trade me your otters
frtrade threadcs for frg
╚═════════════════════╝

sinpai

My pets
My items