Snakes

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Snakes

Postby Obsessed » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:56 am

squamigera wrote:^Welcome both of you!

A question for the thread: what is your dream snake? Can be as broad or as specific as you'd like!
Mine is a king ratsnake (Elaphe carinata). I met one years ago named Mr. Chow and immediately fell in love. They aren't particularly hard to obtain, but I just don't have the space for a big, active colubrid right now.

My dream snake is a high blue green tree python. Those things are drool worthy ♥♥♥ But I would rather have experience with GTPs and someone local who knows what they're doing before I invested in a snake that really deserves better. That, or a GHI freeway ball python

typicalkelpie wrote:
hi there! ive never posted on this thread before and i see others filling out a form to join but i couldnt seem to find it, so hopefully me just posting is okay! my dream snake would probably have to be some sort of banana or banana piebald ball python. kind of boring and common, i know- but i find banana bps super pretty and i currently don't have enough money to buy one. still love my normal vanilla bp just as much though!

Welcome!
Obsessed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:47 pm

A question for the thread: what is your dream snake? Can be as broad or as specific as you'd like!
Mine is a king ratsnake (Elaphe carinata). I met one years ago named Mr. Chow and immediately fell in love. They aren't particularly hard to obtain, but I just don't have the space for a big, active colubrid right now.

I have a lot of snakes on my wishlist, tbh. I'd like to get a MBK or a scaleless rat snake in the near future - for the more ambitious ones, though, I'd really like a burm or even a yellow anaconda. They're just waaaay larger than what I have space for right now, so that'll have to wait.
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠formerly rebel scum, reyes, ellis.
↠just here for the rp
↠ trying to finish my eldemore wishlist

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squamigera » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:48 pm

Oh! I forgot about burms, those are one of my dream snakes too. Definitely not in the near future, but if one day i have a nice big house then thats super high on my list of reptiles i really really want. Also, MBK is a great choice for a snake, a few years ago there was a huge boom in popularity and we had a few at my old work and they were all super rad.
All opossums are good opossums

squamigera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obsessed » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:56 pm

Oooh yes very nice~ They're such gentle giants lol I would love to have one but I definitely don't have that sort of space.

I don't want to own one, per se, but has anyone else noticed rainbow boas' iridescence varies? I was at an axpo before all this COVID stuff and one was radiant. You could hardly see the orange on it. Needed sunglasses to look at this kid. And I just??? I love to look at them but they don't all seem equal (@_@)
Obsessed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby i-m-snek » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:31 am

Just wanted to come post my lovely Tali, she is a merauke locality scrub python (simalia amethistina). Scrub pythons are notorious for nasty attitudes, however Tali, as long as you respect her, is puppy dog tame :)
i-m-snek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squamigera » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:11 am

i-m-snek wrote:Just wanted to come post my lovely Tali, she is a merauke locality scrub python (simalia amethistina). Scrub pythons are notorious for nasty attitudes, however Tali, as long as you respect her, is puppy dog tame :)

Omg I love her! She's very pretty

@Obsessed, hmm, honestly I don't think I've ever seen one irl now that I think about it. For all the crazy animals I've met, never once have I seen a rainbow boa :o

squamigera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darwins » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:10 am

typicalkelpie wrote:
hi there! ive never posted on this thread before and i see others filling out a form to join but i couldnt seem to find it, so hopefully me just posting is okay! my dream snake would probably have to be some sort of banana or banana piebald ball python. kind of boring and common, i know- but i find banana bps super pretty and i currently don't have enough money to buy one. still love my normal vanilla bp just as much though!

same, i love banana morphs and i'm really angsty about not having the space or money
      for one right now. i just don't have the lifestyle or any desire for a lifestyle right now that
      would be ideal for keeping one. sad.
darwins

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squamigera » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:50 am

She got into the yarn tub while I was cleaning her enclosure lol

squamigera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:09 pm

Absolute top dream snake for me is a Vietnamese Blue Beauty Rat Snake! Second top is a Mexican Black King.
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coldshade » Tue May 26, 2020 11:04 pm

User:
Coldshade

Why you want to join:
I would like to meet other people who like snakes in a friendly place like this :)
Of couse I also love snakes :3

Do you have a snake:
Yes, I live with three Ball Pythons with different morphs and ages.

Password:
Sliver
Coldshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me