Ever Had A Pet Out From Nature?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Have a pet?

Yea!
86%
No I'm not allowed :(
9%
No, they all died :(
6%

Total votes : 35

Re: Ever Had A Pet Out From Nature?

Postby pizzas and scream » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:41 am

red spotted newt. they escaped. Bahaman anole a friend gave me that we flew back to Florda with. he lived for 7 years. friends said they had him for 2
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlamingoOnYourLawn » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:37 am

I had a millipede/centipede.. I forgot which one it was, but it was crawling around outside so I took it and let it walk around in my room. It got stuck somewhere and couldn't escape so it died. I found its body later and it was sad.
FlamingoOnYourLawn
FlamingoOnYourLawn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avrap » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:44 am

One time a found a tiny spider just chilling in the corner of my room, I didn't cage it or feed it or anything, but it was in my house for a few days and I sort of considered it a pet. Then one day my sister found it and killed it DX. There's my story, I'll always remember the little guy...
Avrap

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A i » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:38 pm

yes, a baby squirrel C: his mother probably didn't notice that he fell from the tree, and so we took care of him, and release him back when he got stronger...but he kept coming back to our house to play and eat :D
Pet's name: "i will love you till i die..."
A i

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:26 am

Whenever I see a harmed animal they happen to end up in my house. I don't really keep them as "pets," but I instead take it upon myself to care for harmed animals that my local animal rehabilitation centers typically won't pick up.
    One time, my mom called me after my high school was dismissed, and told me that she saw an injured bird on the side of the road on a busy intersection. It had just snowed recently, so the bird was in a giant snowbank lodged under a tree. My mom couldn't catch him by herself, she is squeamish when it comes to wild animals (although she still cares haha).
    I wrapped the bird inside of a towel and brought him inside of the car. He was a lil pigeon, whom had a bloody wing. When I called the bird rehab center, game wardens, etc, they told me they don't waste time on pigeons.
    So I took him home. Named him Hedwig. He lived in a medium-sized dog crate at the bottom of my bed. I cleaned up and disinfected his wing, then placed him inside of his crate. He ate pigeon-appropriate food and water, had his towel in there for sleepy time. He lived like a king. I took him out daily to carry him on my hand like a hawk handler, and would have him flap his wings as I moved my arms up and down. He was a rehab master. What a cool lil dude.
    One week later, during his rehab session, lil man flew out of my hand. Hedwig was loose in my kitchen and having a blast. I caught him with his towel, and kept him overnight one more night. The next morning, we had another rehab session and thats when I knew he was ready to go back home. I went to school, and when I came back, my two best friends and I had a celebration of Hedwigs achievements, said goodbye, and released him back into the winter sunset.

Like if u cried

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sockwearer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:03 am

Wow, that's amazing!
Sorta reminds me of one time when I found a robin being attacked by a cat. Actually, more like played with. I would've left it if the cat had just killed it, but he was very well fed and just toying with the poor thing. I waited twenty minutes and the cat was still playing with it, so I went to my house (which was just up the street) while my friend watched the cat. I came back with gloves and a plastic box, and took the bird from the cat, gently setting it in the container.
I then brought it home and took out my old rabbit cage, and put it in the cage with some food. I kept him a couple days. I think I named him but I forget what I named him.
After the second day of keeping him, I brought him to the back porch and opened the cage to see if he could fly out, and he did! He flew off into the woods behind my house. Turns out he wasn't hurt too bad, he just hadn't flown earlier because he was shocked.
hi!! i'm jesse and i go by he/him pronouns! i love overwatch, marine biology, paleontology, drawing, writing, listening to music and playing video games so i guess pm me if you wanna talk about those things? i have anxiety so i can be awkward in pms but don't let that deter you!
my art shop! / my offsite commissions!
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GAIRENTH » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:17 am

My brother and I would often home frogs we found outside. Usually We went out after it rained because that's when it seemed they showed up. We had a cool little enclosed habitat for them in the house. But my mom put a stop to that after one of the frogs got out.

There also was a time I went to a nature park close by and I made friends with a small bird. When I approached it, he instantly jumped on to my finger and he refused to leave the whole time. Poor guy just wanted some affection I'm sure.
But when it came time to leave, I had to say good bye. But I put him on the tailgate of my dad's truck and got in, to which then my dad shut it and got in too. I thought from then he must have flew off, but when we got home and my dad opened the tailgate the bird was there!
He snuck in to come home with me!
I ended up putting him on our deck out back, and from then on I liked to think he was one of the birds who flew to perch on our deck in the early mornings and afternoons.

This was a long time ago, I've moved since then and all, and I'm sure the bird has probably passed on by now, But it was just one of my greatest memories.
I loved that bird.
I wish I had kept him rather than have him outside, but I like knowing he was still around.
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:52 am

A spider moved into my room a few weeks ago. I believe it's an American grass spider (Agelenopsis genus), but I'm not sure. I'll have to take a better look. It made its web on the inside of my windowsill, above my bed. I don't mind it. I actually gave it a mealworm yesterday after my mantis refused it. The mealworm was pretty small, but still almost twice as big as the spider. But I saw the spider sucking its guts out, so guess I officially have a new pet of sorts.
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| istp || true neutral ||
slytherin || scorpio || agnostic || bi/pan/queer
♥️ reptiles, birds, arthropods ♥️ my carrd ♥️
♥️ occasional adopts ♥️ my CS collection goals ♥️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cruxich » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:38 am

It was more of a temporary "pet", but several years ago my mom caught my attention to a vole that was injured by a cat. The rodent escaped, and was hiding behind a tire of a car where I was able to find it and coach it into a plastic container, proceeding to take it inside. I then found a fish tank we had, layered the bottom with paper towels so she wouldn't have to be on glass, then put her in there. I then tore up a lot of toilet paper so she could make a nest, along with two caps from a Gatorade bottle with plain cheerios and water so she had something to eat and drink. The vole was still capable of eating and drinking, and even made a cozy nest in the corner of tank with the toilet paper which she hid in. After that, it was just a matter of time to see how she would turn out since we couldn't do anything until the next day.

The next day came, and when I woke up to go check on her I noticed she was barely moving and was on the cusp of death. So I held and stroked her until she finally passed away, and then buried her in a place where a scavenging animal wouldn't be able to sniff out and dig her up. I was really sad, cause no one likes watching an animal die. But at the least, the vole passed away in a safe and warm place.

I even have two pictures I took of her in the makeshift nest here and here
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:38 am

I still have the spider :)
And last week I saved a Chinese mantis from being eaten by my cat (don't worry, he's not an outdoor cat, he's just let into our fenced yard to get some fresh air and sunshine) and it's really interesting to watch her get used to captivity. I have her in a small vertical Exo-Terra. At first she was constantly trying to escape and got nervous every time I looked at her, but now she's content hanging upside down or perching on a leaf and asking for food. I take her out sometimes, but she doesn't try to escape. She recently laid an egg case. I think she'll die soon, since she just laid eggs, and I feel kinda bad for taking her from the wild, but at the same time, now she got to lay eggs instead of getting eaten. When the case hatches next year, I'll release all of the nymphs into my garden except for maybe one to remind me of her.
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| istp || true neutral ||
slytherin || scorpio || agnostic || bi/pan/queer
♥️ reptiles, birds, arthropods ♥️ my carrd ♥️
♥️ occasional adopts ♥️ my CS collection goals ♥️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist