Your best animal sightings?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Your best animal sightings?

Postby TheVixen&TheRaven » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:19 pm

My grandma was driving down the single lane dirt road in the hills that lead to our house and we saw a baby bobcat chasing and playing with a moth in the road. We watched him for a bit before he ran off into the bushes.

All images are fromhttps://www.glitter-graphics.com/faq/ which allow the use of images on sites like these for personal use.
TheVixen&TheRaven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PetiteDoggo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:21 am

I live in a rural area so seeing wildlife isn't too uncommon (coyotes, deer, reptiles, etc), but I think the coolest thing I ever saw was when I was repairing a part of an outdoor machine.

When I climbed to the top of it to fix it, I found a huge nest full of barn owl chicks. It was the first time I ever saw owl chicks in person (I've seen many adult owls). They were cute (in an admittedly creepy way), but after taking a picture to send to the game warden I was quick to climb back down and leave them be.

The machine was fixed after the chicks fledged the nest. Saw them hanging around for a while before they finally decided to start families of their own elsewhere.
{PetiteDoggo/LittlePuppy} {They/Them}
PetiteDoggo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarMadnessGod » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:23 pm

I live in the woods. I get to see all manner of beautiful animals.

My favorite sighting, however, was one night when I was out on the porch. I was sitting on a chair on our back porch, having a smoke (DO NOT start smoking, it's awful :( I am trying to quit ) and I was reading on my phone. I looked up and there was this big, beautiful set of does walking through my yard. We have a street light in our yard (not sure why), and I could see them perfectly. They weren't scared of me and just moved through, lazily.

We have so m any beautiful animals here in the woods and wooded areas.
Micheal - 39 - poly - He/him - Pan/Bi- Lokean - Furry - Artist

StarMadnessGod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby useless witch » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:46 am

I saw this super wicked spider on our cage while me and my partner were outside, sadly I had to get rid of it but it was green with a red marking on its back and had pale brown legs!
Image •Ванда• Image
ImageImage
useless witch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SugarKats » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:36 am

Hmmm. I live in a suburban area but luckily there's a fair amount of wildlife if you know where to look for them.

My favourite sightings have been various colourful and unique-looking bugs, a deer and her fawn (sadly couldn't get a picture in before she darted away), an apparently injured raccoon under a car who we called animal rescue on (first time seeing a raccoon irl, it was beautiful), and my ABSOLUTE favourite was when I saw a Dekay's brown snake while hiking and managed to snag a picture!

When I'm out and about in nature I always keep my eyes and ears peeled in case I get to spot an animal and take its pic :) I have a photo album in my photos app of tons of animal pictures, and it's a beloved "possession" of mine. Especially when I add new pics of animals in different regions while travelling.
Last edited by SugarKats on Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

╔═════════════════════════╗

xxxxxx....SugarKats (*ฅ́˘ฅ̀*)....xxxxxx

♡ Flight Rising ♡ 4dopt ♡ CS Pets ♡

♡ she/its ♡ kpop ♡ writing ♡

pfp species credit

╚═════════════════════════╝

SugarKats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:42 am

Gophers live in my neighborhood, they are so flipping cute! Especially the smol babys ToT

I actually once saw a badger in my backyard too, but never again after that. Rabbits are common, but now that my yard is fenced there wont be many animal sightings anymore. It'd say its better for the animals because my dog loves chasing birds and bugs lol

lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    if you're happy where you are
    then you need not look too far
    if you've found your place at last
    then you need not use the looking glass
    -;; bubble puppy

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:48 am

Here's my most interesting one that happened in last winter: I was out at a nearby gas station, and had to stop for fuel. While I was pumping gas, I saw something running on the ground, it was a field mouse! It was definitely healthy, and he was probably so used to people to where he'd come up close. He was just as curious of what's going on as I was.

He stayed still just long enough to snap this picture of him, before he scurried away.

I really love small animals and rodents, he was so cute! ❤

I live in a temperate climate, where the most common sightings is Rabbits, Opossums, Raccoons, fowl, and Deer. Rarest sighting is coyotes, I only saw one while traveling in broad daylight. (That was in a park) but you can definitely hear them yowling in the middle of the night once in a while near the fields.
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SugarKats » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:32 pm

FluffyMilo wrote:Here's my most interesting one that happened in last winter: I was out at a nearby gas station, and had to stop for fuel. While I was pumping gas, I saw something running on the ground, it was a field mouse! It was definitely healthy, and he was probably so used to people to where he'd come up close. He was just as curious of what's going on as I was.

He stayed still just long enough to snap this picture of him, before he scurried away.

I really love small animals and rodents, he was so cute! ❤

I live in a temperate climate, where the most common sightings is Rabbits, Opossums, Raccoons, fowl, and Deer. Rarest sighting is coyotes, I only saw one while traveling in broad daylight. (That was in a park) but you can definitely hear them yowling in the middle of the night once in a while near the fields.

Aww that's amazing! I've never been able to get such a close look or pic of an alive mouse (however, I've seen a few dead mice which is actually still pretty neat) before. So cute! We've got coyotes here too but I haven't seen any yet.

╔═════════════════════════╗

xxxxxx....SugarKats (*ฅ́˘ฅ̀*)....xxxxxx

♡ Flight Rising ♡ 4dopt ♡ CS Pets ♡

♡ she/its ♡ kpop ♡ writing ♡

pfp species credit

╚═════════════════════════╝

SugarKats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akoridi » Sun May 02, 2021 5:40 am

This one might be a little morbid. Very cool nonetheless

I was in the mountains hiking a bit off trail and I saw a dead deer with a dead eagle tangled in its antlers. I wish I got a picture but it was quite sad knowing both of them probably suffered a bit before they passed. :?
akoridi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me