Favourite dog breed and why!!! :D V.1

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What sort of dog out of these?

Pug
7%
Labrador
10%
Husky
24%
Chihuahua
7%
German Shepherd/Alsatian
25%
Pit Bull
19%
Cocker Spaniel
8%

Total votes : 369

Re: Favourite dog breed and why!!! :D V.1

Postby Bones_Bones_Bones » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:23 am

Oh gosh now this is going to be a long list if I don’t tamper it down lol-
I’ll list mine off in order of most to least but honestly my literal special interest is dogs so-

#1: Border Collies
A beautiful, intelligent and graceful breed. They are so hard working and love to learn, and I’m honestly so sad I don’t have one. It’s my dream to own one as they are just such a wonderful breed. They are workaholics, perfectionists even and have that slightly stubborn streak that comes with an independent and confident dog that I love. Herding dogs are my bias and the Border Collie is no exception! While they can easily do it themselves they are just as much affectionate as any other dog out there!

#2: Both types of Corgis
Both the Cardigan and the Pembroke Welsh Corgis have my heart. Once again, herding dogs are my bias and though I’ve never been a small-ish dog fan they come out over the top with a vibrant and engaging personality. They are strong and mighty despite their size which is truly an admirable trait. My family plans on getting a dog soon for once since I’ve never had one and I’m more than excited to train and love this dog with ever ounce of my being lol-

#3: Anatolian Shepard Dog
Now this dog is a dream dog of mine, I’d love if I were able to own one in the future as they do take quite a lot of experience that I haven’t received yet. They are a large breed, a livestock guardian dog that is much more independent than most breeds. They are smart as can be and have a strong personality once you get to know them. They are gentle too, especially with your other pets and children and are the “protector” of the family basically!
🌿Alex|Bones|Zombie🌿
|Open To Trades - Check Out Our Pet Collection|
ImageImage
He/It|Transmasc|Adult Member Since 2015
Therian|Otherkin|Virgo|INFJ
Bones_Bones_Bones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wlw » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:51 pm

rough collie!! my childhood dog was a collie mix and was an angel. im nowhere near a place in my life where i could get a dog, but i think my next dog will likely be a rough collie or at least another mix of one. im not usually one for herding breeds, as i find them too...well..."much", to put it simply :P. but ive done a lot of researching into rough collie temperaments and they seem almost like a toned down version of a lot of other herding breeds in terms of energy level, while still being incredibly trainable and loyal dogs. they just seem too good to be true, i dont know why they arent more popular!

simon - she/he | art thread
wlw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby p-dog » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:56 pm

will always always be a border collie girl. Had them all my life and I can’t imagine being without one. So intelligent and sensitive and the best adventure pals

Always loved kelpies as well and also Rottweilers tho idk if I’d ever get anything bigger than a collie, which is a shame cause some of the best dogs are the biggest ones
p-dog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lucrecia0311 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:51 pm

I am a HUUUUGE standard poodle gal! I am saving up to get one, but I have owned them all of my life and they are just “my” breed, if that makes sense. I was raised around them, and all of my “heart dogs” have been standard poodles! I got a divorce and had left my last one with my ex husband because I felt like he would have been so broken if I took her. But I can’t wait to own one again!
Lucrecia0311

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hypomania » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:52 pm

pitties!!! i love their little faces :3 they are babie
𝑾𝑯𝑨𝑻'𝑺──────────★★★