Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby nev » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:35 am

Hi! I'm not asking for medical help here, just if anybody knows what this is. My cat Lucy (4 years old, female, calico) in her (left, i think) eye, it seems to always be (how do I put this), leaking?? It seems like she always has a tear there, a brownish clear color. I wipe her eye with a slightly damp (but soft) cloth sometimes, and it goes away for a few minutes, but then its back. She also has a dark brown little spot of fur where the tear seems to stay. Thanks for helping if anyone knows what this is, or if it's something I should worry about!
nev

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:42 am

Extra festive bug wrote:Hi! I'm not asking for medical help here, just if anybody knows what this is. My cat Lucy (4 years old, female, calico) in her (left, i think) eye, it seems to always be (how do I put this), leaking?? It seems like she always has a tear there, a brownish clear color. I wipe her eye with a slightly damp (but soft) cloth sometimes, and it goes away for a few minutes, but then its back. She also has a dark brown little spot of fur where the tear seems to stay. Thanks for helping if anyone knows what this is, or if it's something I should worry about!

This page may help you figure out if it's something to be concerned about or not.
From my own experience, I have a cat who also gets "eye boogers" (as I call them), but it doesn't affect her vision and it dries brown, not green or yellow, so I don't feel like it's anything I need to worry about. That being said, it's still a good idea to keep an eye on your cat and take them in to a vet if you see any change in the color of the discharge or the condition of the eyes.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bitters » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:49 am

Rainbow Dash wrote:
Bitters wrote:
xAbandon Ship. wrote:Random question, but do any of you happen to know anything that might help with congestion?

My big tuxedo female gets really congested every winter. It’s not a URI and it doesn’t affect her eating, so I don’t need to run her to the vet, but I can see how swollen her sinuses are, and her nose is runny at times. I just feel bad.

Hi there! If you've already been to the vet and know it's not a URI, I know a brand that makes supplements for runny nose support! It's called HomeoPet, and I believe it comes in drop form.

Chances are it is an infection if her sinuses are swollen... Too bad there's no neti pot for kitties.

My kitty is a sneezer in the winter and it also helped to permanently switch to a litter with a lower dust content and no added aromas.

Goodluck!

I would save money and skip Homeopet. Homeopathy is not scientifically backed at all and Homeopet bottles are 20% alcohol. Homeopet is basically water and alcohol with no active ingredients.

Keep your cat warm (no heat pads, those can cause burns and from personal experience, they hurt bad,) bring them into a steamy bathroom like when you shower if your cat will tolerate it, and keep dabbing the nose with a cotton ball to clean off gunk. If it doesn't clear up or seems to get worse, give your vet another call.

Whatever works, really. I like homeopet personally :) regardless of what's in it it does the job.

Kali Iodatum, Muriaticum Acidum, Hepar Sulphuris Calcareum, Natrum Arsenicosum, Gelsemium Sempervire are the ingredients.
v Help me with my hoard? ♡ v
Bitters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nev » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:58 am

Queenie! wrote:
Extra festive bug wrote:Hi! I'm not asking for medical help here, just if anybody knows what this is. My cat Lucy (4 years old, female, calico) in her (left, i think) eye, it seems to always be (how do I put this), leaking?? It seems like she always has a tear there, a brownish clear color. I wipe her eye with a slightly damp (but soft) cloth sometimes, and it goes away for a few minutes, but then its back. She also has a dark brown little spot of fur where the tear seems to stay. Thanks for helping if anyone knows what this is, or if it's something I should worry about!

This page may help you figure out if it's something to be concerned about or not.
From my own experience, I have a cat who also gets "eye boogers" (as I call them), but it doesn't affect her vision and it dries brown, not green or yellow, so I don't feel like it's anything I need to worry about. That being said, it's still a good idea to keep an eye on your cat and take them in to a vet if you see any change in the color of the discharge or the condition of the eyes.

Ah, thank you! From what it seems, it isn't spreading to her daughter (gemma, 1, female, calico) which is probably good.

She never seems to be in pain, but that eye is always half squinted.
nev

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anniewolf390 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:20 pm

I Have A Yellow Eyed Black Cat Named Silver Wolf. He Is Very Weird. He Sometimes Yodels When He Calls For Us. Also His Name Came From His Silver Belly When He Was A Little Kitten. Even If He Makes Tons Of Noise And Scratches Things I Still Love Him. <3

Last edited by Anniewolf390 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anniewolf390

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Bitters wrote:Also SUPER fun fact for cat moms/dads who like to garden~

My cats love fresh catnip. Like an actual live, green leaf. Unfortunately I no longer have a yard outside that naturally grows it... I've bought 2 catnip plants from pet stores in the past, but it always dies within a month.

I wanted to try seeds to grow my own, but a lot of what you can get on Amazon labeled "catnip seeds" is either not viable or not even catnip. Too risky for my baby.

So I settled for the dried stuff... I bought a container and headed home to give my kitty some herb. Lo and behold, I bought a brand that sells dried catnip WITH THE BUDS AND SEEDS RIGHT IN IT. For kicks, I scattered some of the seed heads in with my aloe vera plant. 5 days later I have sprouts!

Juuust thought I'd share in case anyone here was also heading into winter with no fresh kitty weed. ♡ PM me if you want some more details on the nip and how I got it to grow!

Please be careful growing aloe with cats. I definitely would not be putting catnip or any other attractant in with it, since Aloe Vera is toxic to cats! The reactions range from mild to moderate, but even a mild reaction can cause your cat to be very uncomfortable.

Aloes contain anthraquinone glycosides which are purgatives (medications that encourage bowel movements). When ingested these glycosides are metabolized by intestinal bacteria, forming compounds that increase mucus production and water in the colon. This can result in vomiting and diarrhea, which can cause your cat to become dehydrated very quickly. Since cats are already prone to chronic dehydration (a totally different topic for conversation), this is obviously not a good thing!

Just wanted to throw that out there.
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:40 am

it's that holiday time again, and Gary has two places he is allowed to drink. i offer him water, but he wants tree water. if only i could sob in his fur and tell him he is being a derp and to stop and he will listen. we got a new tree stand but he can still get to it.
does the water taste better or something?
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:35 am

So lately i've been encountering lots of crazy people who claim kibble based food is poison, so I have a cat with thyroid issue and he has medicine that he takes but people are repeatedly telling me I should put him and my other two cats on raw diet because I'm poisoning my pets with get this kibble. Like I'm so fed up with people labeling me a bad owner for feeding kibble food I mean it doesn't even have to be a brand they just tell me I should stop because my pets will die early. my grandfather had a cat who lived to be 20 on kibble food so I'm not sure where this trend of switch to raw diet cause kibble is poison came from. I mean a raw diet has benefits but not all kibble is poison sheesh.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cheetyuh » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:40 am

My sweet kitty, Flash didn't really like the hats :lol:

He is my baby, and my mom thinks it's really weird when I call him son xD
cheetyuh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:44 am

I think it's adorable calling your cat son I mean my mother calls my pets all of them my siblings which means I have 5 brothers but only one is human.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me