Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby Angelus Gaston » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:11 pm

Queenie! wrote:So, little update on my girl Wynnie, and I'm super confused now?
She's developed this aversion to chicken, so I thought maybe the thing making her sick was a food allergy, like maybe she's become allergic to chicken. She wouldn't eat this soft food I bought that has chicken and tuna in it, so I boiled some plain chicken for her, but she wouldn't eat that either, and she's completely refusing to eat the regular dry food now. My dad bought a small bag of a different brand of dry food, but it has chicken in it so I didn't think it would be good for her, but she's stopped puking anything up since she's been eating it. So now I'm thinking maybe it was just the food she was eating before? The only other idea I had is that maybe it was a hairball that got stuck in her stomach, because yesterday she puked again but there was hairballs in it. I dunno, I'm just kind of watching her now, making sure she's still doing okay.

If she is refusing food and you think its a blockage I would take her to vets. A large enough hairball or something else she ate could cause a lot of internal damage. Cats also can not go long with out food as that to can cause internal damage.
CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:29 pm

is Hill's Science diet sensitive skin and stomach a scam? you can buy it without a prescription at many places
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:07 am

Angelus Gaston wrote:
Queenie! wrote:So, little update on my girl Wynnie, and I'm super confused now?
She's developed this aversion to chicken, so I thought maybe the thing making her sick was a food allergy, like maybe she's become allergic to chicken. She wouldn't eat this soft food I bought that has chicken and tuna in it, so I boiled some plain chicken for her, but she wouldn't eat that either, and she's completely refusing to eat the regular dry food now. My dad bought a small bag of a different brand of dry food, but it has chicken in it so I didn't think it would be good for her, but she's stopped puking anything up since she's been eating it. So now I'm thinking maybe it was just the food she was eating before? The only other idea I had is that maybe it was a hairball that got stuck in her stomach, because yesterday she puked again but there was hairballs in it. I dunno, I'm just kind of watching her now, making sure she's still doing okay.

If she is refusing food and you think its a blockage I would take her to vets. A large enough hairball or something else she ate could cause a lot of internal damage. Cats also can not go long with out food as that to can cause internal damage.

She was only refusing certain types of foods. She'll eat the new food my dad bought just fine and hasn't been throwing up aside from the one time that she threw up a small hairball. It doesn't seem like any sort of blockage to me, just something to do with the food she was eating before, or a food allergy that I haven't been able to pinpoint yet. I will take her to the vet if her behavior changes at all, but so far she's acting completely normally aside from being picky with her food.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TwentyØneSmølBeans » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:22 am

I have 3 cats. My female cat Mittens is a tuxedo. She loves chicken. My other female is Maggie Pie who is a calico. She is very old and scrawny. And my favorite is my male cat Nemo. When we adopted him he was runt of the litter. He looked like a rat that had never eaten. Now he is a huge cat. He is very muscular and is very, i mean VERRRYYY heavy!!! He also always has bad dandruff, its so annoying.
My nicknames for my cats:
Maggie-Baby
Mittens-Shoo Shoo(i know its weird XD)
Nemo-Poki
TwentyØneSmølBeans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TwentyØneSmølBeans » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:25 am

Dont feed your cats canned food unless told to by vet. I have been studying cats for 8 years
TwentyØneSmølBeans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:39 am

OrangeMangoSlush wrote:Dont feed your cats canned food unless told to by vet. I have been studying cats for 8 years

Tinned cat food is actually better than feeding all dry food as cats get a lot of there water from the foods they eat as its how they are in the wild ( dry desert areas with little water so they get it from there prey ).
CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:05 pm

OrangeMangoSlush wrote:Dont feed your cats canned food unless told to by vet. I have been studying cats for 8 years

You shouldn't feed cheap canned food to your cats. Not all canned food is bad, just like not all hard food is bad. Do some research, ask a vet's opinion if you want to, and figure out what works best for your cat. It's incorrect to say that you shouldn't feed canned food to your cats at all.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:50 pm

just an update to the topic - iv removed the cats of CS for now, iv gotten way behind on it
it will come back at some point soon.

Faffy the FauxFox wrote:is Hill's Science diet sensitive skin and stomach a scam? you can buy it without a prescription at many places

iv never known any cat food needing a prescription, it is not a scam, i have a cat who can only have royal canin hypo food and Z/D hills wet food (z/d is the skin/food sensitive one) if he has to much of anything else he gets rather smelly and could get ear infections, he gets fish about once a week and his zd wet food twice a week(as it is a bit pricey) the other cats get fish every night apart from the ZD nights as they share that with him

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:08 am

blazesong wrote:just an update to the topic - iv removed the cats of CS for now, iv gotten way behind on it
it will come back at some point soon.

Faffy the FauxFox wrote:is Hill's Science diet sensitive skin and stomach a scam? you can buy it without a prescription at many places

iv never known any cat food needing a prescription, it is not a scam, i have a cat who can only have royal canin hypo food and Z/D hills wet food (z/d is the skin/food sensitive one) if he has to much of anything else he gets rather smelly and could get ear infections, he gets fish about once a week and his zd wet food twice a week(as it is a bit pricey) the other cats get fish every night apart from the ZD nights as they share that with him

I asked the vet first about it, with "uh I think Gary has IBS or something. he pooped on the rug twice and it was like pudding. he goes outside to poop normaly, and when i do see it, it's normaly like pudding and smells like vomit. he is has bad farts is there a special food for that?"

my aunt won't let me put a litter pan to get a sample as to not have him used to toileting in the house. and he didn't like where i put one outside.

but I think some people might tell me it is a scam. and some forms of pet food are "scams" and sold with a prescription.
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mew, » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:42 pm

Hey there. So I have a small issue with my cat, prince.
    Not that long ago, maybe about a week and a half ago, my buddy came limping into my room at 1 am and flopped onto my bed with me, not moving or purring as he usually would. Concerned, I turned the lights on and continued to examine him as well as I could without moving him much- he would cry every time I touched him but nothing seemed wrong. So as soon as we could, we took him to the vet to get this checked out because he seemed to be in a lot of pain. He stopped eating and frinking, would barely walk, and stopped letting me pick him up. The vet saw nothing wrong with him. All we know is that he refuses to walk on his left rear paw.
    Not only that, but after about nine or ten years, the bottom left canine tooth that protrudes from his mouth snapped. Half of it's just gone.
    This wasn't really concerning me, though. Because he's a very clumsy cat, I thought maybe he just took a little fall and he's being a big, overly sensitive baby that he always is whenever something bothers him in the slightest.
    However, a little over a week later and he now won't come in my room unless I'm awake and in there with him and it's light outside. He walks everywhere willingly with this limp thats slowly getting better. I don't know why, but this seems really weird to me? Not to mention, hes started over grooming again, a thing which I know he does when hes stressed or confused.
    Maybe it's all unrelated, but he's always been my big baby, sleeping in my room all the time and following me everywhere. Now he will only sleep in my dad's room on the other side of the house. It seems like something traumatic might have happened and I have no idea what to think. Did I do something? Did something scare him? Or is he just acting strangely out of pain, although he walks by himself now?

(On mobile, sorry if there are any typos)
mew,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me