Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby felidthing » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:22 am

KatijaNetrix wrote:I have a beautiful long furred calico cat that everyone just wants to pet and love. I tell them she isn't nice to strangers yet they all go "Oooh but I'm different! She'll love me!" Then get upset when she scratches them like... It's not her fault or mine. Don't act like you're special when I say she doesn't like people.

im honestly so constantly upset over how people treat cats. why cant people be compassionate???? they always expect them to act like dogs.
ohmygod. if she was a dog and you said she didnt like strangers, more people would back off

collecting every cat!! please trade me
doing art for cats or c$

he/it | adult | felidthing on flight rising and pixel cat's end
most active between 3:00-11:00pm PST (22:00-6:00 GMT i think)
i love warriors, soul eater, and minecraft (as well as hermitcraft, the life series, and orphan's path)
also love my chemical romance, ada rook, grandson, thursday, la dispute, and three days grace

felidthing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kira Nightblade » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:46 am

My brother for some reason thinks its hilarious to clap in front of my cat and startle her?

Person: Cats are selfish and mean!
Me: ...
Person: Dogs are way better!
Me: :idea: Do you have a cat?
Person: No.. but the ones I've met were super mean!
Me: Welp a few experiences count for the whole species, ok den
ImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi! I'm Kira, you can call me Sarah if you
want! I'm your average straight, home-
schooling christian, bookworm; who loves
Hunger Games, Warrior Cats, Maze Runner,
Wings of Fire, Fantasy, and just anything
related to.. Fantasy. I love border collies,
horses, and cheetahs. (or any dogs or cats)
also I really really really really love Owl City!
Please feel free to PM me to set up a roleplay!

────────────────────( Image !! in your favor. )────────
Kira Nightblade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitten31415 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:20 pm

I don't have a pet but I have a bunch of stray cat friends. So everytime they will come and rub against me and whatever, basically show me attention, and then the second they even look at my sis she's like look the cat is looking at me it likes me so much! And if the cat goes to her she's like OH the cat is afraid of you but not of me
So I'm like 1. The cat IS NOT AN "IT" 2. I'm so done with you
Kitten

I'll remember Brightheart when I see a scar on someone's face, I'll think of WindClan every time I win a race, I'll remember Goosefeather when nobody believes me, I'll remember Scourge when someone's teased for being tiny, I'll remember Heathertail when someone wants to be 'just friends', I'll think of StarClan when I am near the end, I'll remember Leafpool when I must follow my heart, I'll remember Hollyleaf if I ever fall apart, I'll remember Brambleclaw when I must prove myself, I'll remember Spottedleaf when I'm suffering from bad health, I'll remember Lionblaze when I am feeling strong, I'll remember Tigerstar if I choose the path that's wrong, I'll remember Dovewing when I hear of something far away, I'll remember Cloudtail when a kitten catches their first prey, I'll remember Feathertail whenever I must be brave, I'll remember the Tribe when I'm in a cave, I'll remember Ashfur when somebody breaks my heart, I'll remember Barley when me and my siblings are far apart, I'll remember Ivypool when I try to be the best, I'll remember Firestar when my loyalty's put to the test, I promise to remember all of these cats, for the rest of my life.

70% thinks warrior cats is stupid. 25% don't care. Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover warrior cat book and slap them saying, "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!"

if you love animals, don't eat meat please! (warning: this is kinda disturbing)
Kitten31415

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby V's lost bag » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:21 am

I used to have a gigantic dog, probably bigger than me now. (I'm around 5'3).His name was Colton. He was surprisingly really small for a puppy who was almost considered an ''adult''. He was a birthday gift when I turned 13. He was the sweetest, most energetic thing I've ever seen. However, my parents were blaming me for him growing so quickly. They thought he was just gaining a lot of weight, and at that time, I did as well. They accused me of ''feeding him too much'', even though I only fed him a small portion of kibble twice a day. I even got grounded for their pointless accusations. We've even gone to the vet, and she said if anything, he's underweight. So guess what happened then? I got grounded for that, too. And eventually when when he got taller than the dinner table, they made me go to bed early and during that time, they gave him away to our neighbors who were moving. Me and Colton did everything together, and they saw how happy that made me. And when I found out about it, I knew I couldn't argue with my parents because they'd get super mad. I knew I would never see him again, and I was right. But just a few months ago, I stumbled across their Facebook page, and as far as I know from all their pictures, he has a good life. Their kids love him twice as much as I did. He has certainly gotten bigger, and he is extremely active outdoors and has graduated from obedience training. He was a mixed breed for sure, but I never really knew of what. My guess would be a great Dane mixed with some kind of mastiff? (Or at least that's why my research has told me so far) But it's just really annoying to see someone so happy with something, and have someone else totally ruin it for them. It's just plain sad!
V's lost bag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kira Nightblade » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:29 am

Cereal Milk wrote:I used to have a gigantic dog, probably bigger than me now. (I'm around 5'3).His name was Colton. He was surprisingly really small for a puppy who was almost considered an ''adult''. He was a birthday gift when I turned 13. He was the sweetest, most energetic thing I've ever seen. However, my parents were blaming me for him growing so quickly. They thought he was just gaining a lot of weight, and at that time, I did as well. They accused me of ''feeding him too much'', even though I only fed him a small portion of kibble twice a day. I even got grounded for their pointless accusations. We've even gone to the vet, and she said if anything, he's underweight. So guess what happened then? I got grounded for that, too. And eventually when when he got taller than the dinner table, they made me go to bed early and during that time, they gave him away to our neighbors who were moving. Me and Colton did everything together, and they saw how happy that made me. And when I found out about it, I knew I couldn't argue with my parents because they'd get super mad. I knew I would never see him again, and I was right. But just a few months ago, I stumbled across their Facebook page, and as far as I know from all their pictures, he has a good life. Their kids love him twice as much as I did. He has certainly gotten bigger, and he is extremely active outdoors and has graduated from obedience training. He was a mixed breed for sure, but I never really knew of what. My guess would be a great Dane mixed with some kind of mastiff? (Or at least that's why my research has told me so far) But it's just really annoying to see someone so happy with something, and have someone else totally ruin it for them. It's just plain sad!

Honestly that was just cruel of your parents v.v
ImageImage
Hi! I'm Kira, you can call me Sarah if you
want! I'm your average straight, home-
schooling christian, bookworm; who loves
Hunger Games, Warrior Cats, Maze Runner,
Wings of Fire, Fantasy, and just anything
related to.. Fantasy. I love border collies,
horses, and cheetahs. (or any dogs or cats)
also I really really really really love Owl City!
Please feel free to PM me to set up a roleplay!

────────────────────( Image !! in your favor. )────────
Kira Nightblade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jun. » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:04 pm

ahh I'm back with more whoopie

So I have 5 chickens, and they're all super friendly, especially my cochin rooster. He almost always comes running when I call him, and even if I don't call him, he will come as soon as he sees me coming outside, and he loves just sitting on my lap.
Anyway, people who come over and even my own family will just start annoying them and trying to grab them, and then come complaining to me when my rooster bites them. Of course they're gonna get bitten if they're grabbing him a bunch I mean come on, even friendly roosters don't like being annoyed. It doesn't matter how many times I tell them not to bother the chickens, they just keep doing it.

I've also got a rosy boa who is very bonded to me, and is the sweetest snake who just wants to curl up in my shirt and cuddle for hours. The only thing is that she doesn't like other people and is very protective of me. She'll try to bite anyone who comes too close when I'm holding her. Heck, when I first got her, I got bit so many times, it took me quite a while to finally bond with her, and even after 5 years she still bites me (though it's pretty rare and is almost always an accident).
It really annoys me when people come into my room and ask if they can hold her, and when I tell them no, they never seem to believe me when I say she bites and say something like "oh but I love snakes she won't bite me". Boy, if there was no chance of my snake getting hurt, I'd totally let you experience the lovely bite of a rosy boa.

I have a mini rex rabbit, and he's such a good bun. All he wants in life are veggies, pats, and cats.
Now, I keep my room pretty quiet for him since he gets scared easily, but nobody seems to understand that.
People will come into my room and start yelling and screaming for no reason and, in the process, terrify the poor boy.
Seriously, is it not common knowledge that rabbits are easy to scare??

one more--
My cat yuki is very skittish around new people, as she was chased around by kids all the time when she was a kitten and who knows what else before she was taken to the shelter. But she's also the sweetest, most loving cat once she's been around someone long enough. She will ask me to pick her up and cuddle, and she's never used her claws in an aggressive way, only when she gets really excited when we're playing or if she gets scared when I'm holding her.
(at the time the story takes place, yuki wasn't even a year old yet)
Anyway, a friend was staying over for a while, and she had been here long enough that yuki would go up to her and ask for kisses (when she wants a kiss, she headbutts someone's face). One day, I had left the room to do something, and yuki was left alone with this friend. When I came back, I saw yuki was acting scared and confused. Then this friend goes on to tell me about how yuki had been trying to eat her headphone cord, so she tried to stop her, but yuki was in her play mode so she apparently tried to play with her hand, and the friend got scratched (yuki's claws had been trimmed pretty recently at this point, so it wasn't a bad scratch at all). Then she told me that she "tapped" her face. A little backstory on this friend, she grew up with dogs, and I've seen how she "taps" her dogs when they're doing something she doesn't like. I was super angry, but I'm generally a pretty chill person and I hate confrontation, so I, as nicely as I could manage, explained that cats are completely difference from dogs and that you can't hit them no matter what they do, especially not an already very skittish kitten like yuki.
To be fair, I encourage yuki to play with my hands because I don't mind it, and I'm the only one who really ever plays with her. But she never plays rough, and tries her best not to use her claws on me. The only times she does use her claws is when she gets super excited.
But that's no excuse for what that friend did to her, and yuki was cautious of her for the rest of the time she was here. Also, the scratch was so tiny, I could barely see it, so it was totally uncalled for.

sorry it's so long, I get very salty when it comes to other people being dumb around my pets
:T
Jun.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SableShine » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:19 am

Cereal Milk that is awful, I'm so sorry your parents did that to you. You must have been heartbroken.

I have a rabbit who I rescued a month ago and he's very skittish, though getting better with me. I tell people he's bitey because he's scared as he doesn't trust anyone yet or want to be stroke. EVERY TIME they still try to stroke him and even when he's trying to get away some of them grab at him, so of course he nips them. Then they say he's nasty and why would I want him and I should just free him or something. I adore that bunny. I love him so much and we're slowly getting to a place where he can show and receive affection. Rehabbing a scared animal is so rewarding. But so few people understand and just think he's horrible and blame him for being afraid.
ForUM is the place you are reading this. A foRM is a set of questions you fill out.
SableShine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtlasHyperion » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:29 pm

People. Touching. My. Dog. Without. Asking.

I swear, the number of times we've been walking downtown and she's all well-behaved and in a perfect heel and I stop to look at a storefront or something and someone's just touching her. Guys, come on. We've been over this. Ask.

What's worse, you'd think children would be the problem, wanting kisses and hugs from a dog that may or may not approve of that (Nina's very patient, but she did almost snap at a kid I didn't see in time holding her nose and kissing her) - but no! kids so rarely come up to her without asking! That's only happened like 3 times! It's ADULTS!

Equally irritating is when people with other dogs walk up to us and try to introduce our dogs. N. O. I don't know if your dog has a transmittable disease or bad manners, but please ask if they can say hi first. My answer will almost always be yes.

If y'all pet people aren't dog owners, the #1 tip I have for you about your friends' dogs, your neighbors' dogs, whatever, is to ask if you're not sure. Will this dog be happy and cuddly or snappy and bitey? Ask! It is so not annoying! It's relieving! We love it when you ask first!

That's it to my little rant but just hhhhhhhh stop touching my dog without asking.

Also, bonus rant. People thinking my dog is misbehaving for being a little skittish or shy. I've had people at the dog park (check them out on your own first, I've seen some great ones and some awful ones) accuse me of being a bad owner and trainer because Nina hides between my legs when someone's dog is too in her face and she's not interested. No! Handle your dog properly! Just, in general, people telling me how to train my dog when they don't even know her name is awful. No unsolicited advice. No thanks.

Okay, rant is actually over this time.
atlas // they/them
if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open
stay safe, be kind, and have a great day!
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Cosmic_Chicken* » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:42 am

We adopted a black lab/ rottweiler mix named Shelby(we think, not 100% sure) last year from a shelter. Her litter had been dumped on the side of a highway, and unfortunatley only her and one other survived. The other pup was quickly adopted, so Shelby spent the first months of her life alone. Because of this, she never had a chance to learn how to properly play with other dogs. So, when shelby plays, she has a tendency to bite harder than she should. This is not her fault, because she never learned differently.

Now, she is about a year old. We are trying our best to rain her out of this habit, and have been for the bast year, but my brother (insert frusturated noise here) plays with her incredibly roughly. he will come up to her while she is relaxing and greab her by the head and flip her over. He will then start grabbing her and pushing her. If she trtys to walk away he will grab her by her hind legs and pull her back towards him. If she bites him, no matter how gently, he yells at her and hits her. My brother is nine years old. No matte how many times we tell him not to, he still doesn't. he is slowly getting somewhat better about it, but still is not helping us train her.

oof.
*Cosmic_Chicken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:22 am

When people tell me that my 3 cats and 1 dog are eating poison cause they are on really expensive science diet food, Like no they eat the high quality stuff not the grossness that other people feed.

Another thing is people tell me I need to stop giving my dog dentastix cause they have sugar in them, Yes they have sugar in them no they aren't going to kill my dog unless I feed them everyday, which I might add isn't what I do. He gets them every once in while. Dentastix may not be healthy for dogs but it's not likely to kill them if eaten in moderation. People sometimes stupidely use dentastix as everyday treats. You can't do that with them dogs don't need to eat dentastix everyday.

I've been told by numerous people that my pets are going to die cause they are eating science diet, Like these people don't even know my pets and half of them suggest a raw diet which my pets cannot eat due to the fact their stomachs are sensitive. If I was to feed my older cat with thyroid condition raw diet he'd probably get sick because his body cannot process things properly at his age. Like people he's 14 unless you know the animal and are their primary care giver you got no business telling me to put my pets on a raw diet. No matter the benefits of it I won't feed them like this because it will have negative effects on their health.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me