πŸ•· Invertebrate Enthusiasts πŸ•·

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: πŸ•· Invertebrate Enthusiasts πŸ•·

Postby Chelicerae » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:39 pm

Mortuary wrote:What's the morph? ^__^
It's a porcellio scaber 'lottery mix' so there's lots of different morphs in there! I reckon the white spotty ones are dalmation or moo cow.
ImageImageImageImageImage <--- Click!
Chelicerae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bitters » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:21 pm

My K. Brunnipes, Gene, passed away yesterday. He was a magnificent little beast, and taking care of him got me through some really rough times.

I have always felt indifferent towards spiders. I didn't like finding them in my apartment, but I would always do my best to avoid harming them. That was until I met Gene. The cashier at the pet store had asked me if I had ever seen a baby tarantula before. I was buying cat food, but I was too shocked by the question to say no. $25 later I had a bright pink sling the size of a sunflower seed. Everyone would always ask me if they could hold Gene. If they could play with him. When I told them no, they would always ask what the point of having a creature as a pet was, if you couldn't even "play with" or "snuggle" it. Arachnids are truly special if you let one captivate you, and only then can yiu understand. To this day I don't look at spiders the same way. The other day at work, a big house spider found its way onto the counter, and while my coworker went to find a tissue to squish her, I shooed her into a crevice between our counter and the wall. I think you guys here probably understand.

We are truly blessed to love such a beautiful creature as the spider and coexist with it.
v Help me with my hoard? β™‘ v
Bitters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadies » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:08 am

I assume these count, I used to own Amano Shrimp but they passed away due to old age. I absolutely loved those creatures and I would spend hours just watching them go about their routine because they were so fun to watch. : I miss them.

My college had Giant Cockroaches (animal college, not infestation lol) and I thought they were pretty cool looking too.

I also watch a lot of videos on Spiders and Tarantulas. I think they are really amazing creatures which are super fascinating to watch and learn about them. BUT I am extremely phobic of them; to the point where I have nearly caused a car accident and jumped out a moving car because of one that was less than 2cm in size. :/ I hate to accept my phobia of them because I would really love to own one if I wasn't so afraid, Tarantula's especially are super fluffy!
Sorry for my slow response time on RP's. My new job steals ALL my time. :(

xxxxx

Sadies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hornet » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:00 am

got a little baby vinegaroon! I'm so excited to take care of it and watch it grow up :D also sorry for my crappy camera lol
(pic is just the travel container ofc)
cody - my art - pms OK

WIP! i'll remake this one day
hornet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:51 am

hornet wrote:got a little baby vinegaroon! I'm so excited to take care of it and watch it grow up :D also sorry for my crappy camera lol

OMG, congrats!! I have a vinegaroon too! They are so interesting to watch. Mine is very active and likes rearranging its substrate and investigating everything with its antenniform legs. But they grow VERY slowly. Mine hasn't molted once, and I've had it for almost two years. Although I'm sure yours, which is a lot smaller than mine, will grow faster.
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
β™₯️ reptiles, birds, arthropods β™₯️ my carrd β™₯️
β™₯️ occasional adopts β™₯️ my CS collection goals β™₯️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Lesbrarian » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:38 am

hornet wrote:got a little baby vinegaroon! I'm so excited to take care of it and watch it grow up :D also sorry for my crappy camera lol

What a cool little dude! Did you name them?
He/they lesbian, adult, lover of books, insects, marine animals and dad jokes
Pet's name: Wiskers
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
The Lesbrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hornet » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:12 am

It's name is Grid, after a xenomorph from Alien vs. Predator =]
cody - my art - pms OK

WIP! i'll remake this one day
hornet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:24 pm

hornet wrote:It's name is Grid, after a xenomorph from Alien vs. Predator =]

Cool! Mine is named Kraken
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
β™₯️ reptiles, birds, arthropods β™₯️ my carrd β™₯️
β™₯️ occasional adopts β™₯️ my CS collection goals β™₯️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby citron » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:25 am

I've only ever had aquatic invertebrates, if that counts. I had some cherry red shrimp and Mystery snails in an aquarium together, but I think our water contains copper so they didn't make it very long :( I want to get shrimp again when I have the room and spare time/energy to actually aquascape again.
fern - they/them xe/xem - adult

i love birds and animal crossing

i have a cockatiel named toto and a parrotlet named nugget
(they are good birds)

send me a trade! looking for pets from august 2022 to march 2023 (was not active during that timeframe, trying to catch up) mass trading my duplicates

fly high, dawn. we miss you.

toyhouse
citron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndjaw » Sun May 01, 2022 12:05 pm

I have a male Brachypelma smithi that is about 4 years old now - he was rescued from a breeder who was looking to downsize, and I figured he would be a perfect gateway into owning tarantulas. And I was right! He has been such a mellow dude - takes crickets like a champ and even lets me hold him if he's in the right mood. I recently upgraded his tank to a front-opening 20 gallon Exo-terra and he is loving all the new hides and different substrates! When he eventually passes (which I hope isn't for some time) I was planning on getting another terrestrial spider, fingers crossed I'll be able to find a female Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens because dang, are they pretty!

As for aquatic invertebrates, I have two black racer snails and a handful (~4-6) of amano shrimp that like to roam in loose packs. They live with my harlequin rasbora trio in a 10-gallon tank. I used to have a female betta sorority but once they eventually died I decided to keep the biomass down by adding low-maintenance cleaners. I love my snail and shrimp babies <3

|
|
|
|
|
╔═════════════════════╗
xx Ρ•hΡ”/hΡ”r | Ξ±dult
xxgo read hunter's unlucky
xxby abigail hilton and
xxmaybe you'll calm down

Imagexxx

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•