Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby Celozon » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:55 am

Flatterina wrote:
Celozon wrote:
(cut out the story to save space)

I'm not exactly sure what they are supposed to be dressed as, but it sounds like you are using the pet's design as part of, if not the whole costume. You're story never says what their costume is which also causes some confusion. The whole costume needs to be items that were added to the pet. This is the example I like to use;
^this image is directly from the archive, the pet doesn't have any items added, so if someone tried to use this pet as their trick or treater, it would be declined because the pet is not dressed up. If its not an item added to the pet, it cannot count as part of the costume.

That said, if you don't have a whole lot of items, there are users who give out items and costumes. Check out the 'costume help' post on the first page main thread, at the bottom of that post is where I put all the users who are giving out free costumes. Just be sure to read the instructions for asking for those items.

I added the petrified body parts, only the wings were part of its design anyway.
Hm, I didn't really want to dress it up as something recognizable, it's more like... a petrified cat, thats all. But maybe I can put that in the story.
If this can still not be counted as a costume I'll give the costume help a try.

Edit: I could make her a salmon too, but it would be more cute than spooky.

I'd have to ask the others about what they think for the petrified items being used as a costume, I don't recall seeing anyone use them last year after they came out. But if the pet is specifically dressing up AS a petrified cat rather than just BEING petrified, than that should count.

But I can see you don't have a whole lot of items, so if it is decided we don't want to count the petrified items as a costume, then I can provide you with one.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby britneyrox » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:00 am

Celozon wrote:
Heliveric wrote:A'llo there! I haven't posted my application yet (mainly because I haven't written my story yet!), but I'd like to show what I want to use as the costume to get some opinions first.
Recognizable enough?
I'll be stating in the story what the costume is too.

Looks good! Its pretty obvious what it is to anyone who has played the game, though as always with characters from games/movies/books/ect we suggest you say somewhere in the story who they are dressed as for the users who won't recognize it.

This is an interesting costume! I'm not super sure who it is, though - so like Celozon said, I recommend just mentioning who the character is. I'm uncultured lol

╔══════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
feel free to pm me,
i don't mind at all c:
━━━━━━━━━

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━━━
Text
━━━━━━━━━━━
╚══════════════╝

═══════════════
─ amenra ─
═══════════════

╔════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
your touch
── i see ──
in your eyes

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝
╔════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝

britneyrox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonikin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:24 pm

I'm so very excited for Lights on Lights off this year! I had a blast last year and kept scanning the Free Adoption thread when September started.

Time to start sorting treats! Gotta get ready for trick-or-treaters~
moonikin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hawaiianbabidoll » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:35 pm

Heliveric wrote:A'llo there! I haven't posted my application yet (mainly because I haven't written my story yet!), but I'd like to show what I want to use as the costume to get some opinions first.
Recognizable enough?
I'll be stating in the story what the costume is too.

I had no idea until Celezon mentioned it was from a game. Then it clicked. To be fair though, I've never played Undertale XD

I'm excited, this is the first year I'm going to have greeter stories. I hope they make people smile.
hawaiianbabidoll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crassula » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:33 pm

i'm rly excited for this year ! the halloween event is always my favorite event on cs, and playing lolo makes it twice as fun . i can hardly wait 13 more days for october ..
    hawaiianbabidoll wrote:I'm excited, this is the first year I'm going to have greeter stories. I hope they make people smile.

i love making greeter stories ! not only, as you mentioned, do they hopefully make people smile, but it also gives me more excuses to make more costumes and stories ♥

he/they - adult
═══════════════
FRicon cred
Crassula

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Plague. » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:38 pm

Heh... Truth is.. I dont have many interesting pets to give lol, I've been giving gifts to people already so i might not have much this year, sorry guys! XD anyways, how would this costume go as of my trick-or treater? Edit: Forgot my pet to show!
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Mods:
I'm not active, however I often gift people I know, or don't.
I trade my irls unfairly
The Plague.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby forestfolke » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:28 pm

wow! this seems like such a fun game, i think i'll be signing up this year! considering i lovelovelove halloween

just a question, do you guys ever get overwhelmed by playing lolo and everything else going on for halloween on cs?
and do you ever have trouble picking just one pet to have as a greeter/trick or treater? I think I will..

also I am so excited to write greeter messages aaa
Follow me on Deviantart or Tumblr or YouTube to see my art!

I am not active on CS anymore except on the rare occasion.
If you'd like to talk to me please do so on one of the sites linked above. Thanks!
forestfolke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby britneyrox » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:01 pm

usamagnol_ wrote:just a question, do you guys ever get overwhelmed by playing lolo and everything else going on for halloween on cs? and do you ever have trouble picking just one pet to have as a greeter/trick or treater? I think I will..

Yes - it can definitely get overwhelming sometimes with the site's Halloween event going on meanwhile! You're welcome to turn your lights off whenever you need to if it starts to become a little much. c:

As for choosing a pet, I usually pick the costumes first, which I find much easier because there's always an item or too that gets me particularly inspired. I then go through my pets and pick one that I think fits the costume - that just makes it a bit quicker for me. I totally understand your dilemma lol

╔══════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
feel free to pm me,
i don't mind at all c:
━━━━━━━━━

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━━━
Text
━━━━━━━━━━━
╚══════════════╝

═══════════════
─ amenra ─
═══════════════

╔════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
your touch
── i see ──
in your eyes

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝
╔════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝

britneyrox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:59 am

~Bengal~ wrote:Heh... Truth is.. I dont have many interesting pets to give lol, I've been giving gifts to people already so i might not have much this year, sorry guys! XD anyways, how would this costume go as of my trick-or treater? Edit: Forgot my pet to show!
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Usually its better if you can tell exactly what the costume is by looking at it, thats a little difficult here. Beyond being some time of demon? creature its hard to tell. But if your story where to say specifically what they are, and it fits what this costume shows then it would probably count as complete.

usamagnol_ wrote:wow! this seems like such a fun game, i think i'll be signing up this year! considering i lovelovelove halloween

just a question, do you guys ever get overwhelmed by playing lolo and everything else going on for halloween on cs?
and do you ever have trouble picking just one pet to have as a greeter/trick or treater? I think I will..

also I am so excited to write greeter messages aaa

It can definitely be a lot sometimes Cx The first couple weeks are always pretty busy too, once the Halloween event hits in last October, I think people tend to play LOLO between looking for banners so we see some pretty decent traffic then too despite an event going on. But as britneyrox said, you can always turn your lights off when needed.

I tend to put a decent amount of work into picking out my trick or treater each year, usually just end up going through my favorite pets and kinda surfing through, thinking about which costumes I could use on them till I decide on one I like. Plus you've got two weeks if you change your mind, so even if you put up a costume today and a week later realize you'd prefer a different one, you still have time to change it.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Plague. » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:53 am

Are we allowed to use the costume we used last year?
Mods:
I'm not active, however I often gift people I know, or don't.
I trade my irls unfairly
The Plague.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me