Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Postby Vigil. » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:45 pm

yeah or letting people die in a group and then realizing you cant rez them ;-;
Vigil.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:53 pm

I haven't been playing the game for very long, so I don't really understand the big deal about the changes, haha. But that's just me XD I never really played much of Mercy anyways, so I don't notice the difference. I understand it's annoying though that people don't heal with her and just battle instead -.-
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fromage » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:50 pm

Silver Pandorica wrote:I haven't been playing the game for very long, so I don't really understand the big deal about the changes, haha. But that's just me XD I never really played much of Mercy anyways, so I don't notice the difference. I understand it's annoying though that people don't heal with her and just battle instead -.-

Yeah! I haven't played the game for long, I joined last May, but I played A LOT of Mercy Paintball so I know the whole big deal about her changes. Truthfully, I like it, haha- I find her gun to be a bit more stronger, actually! I was in a lot of Lockout games playing as her, I'd often try to shoot the enemy, then fly off to heal teammates, back to killing, back and forth. I'd land 1-2 kills with her, I'm still practicing and understanding her new ult, though! I haven't played a MP with new Mercy, I spend all of my time in DM and Lockout heh, but I should! I was putting it off because I feel that people were still probably tweaking the gamemode to fit her new kit, so there was no point in joining a broken game.

D.VA's changes though, I really prefer. I feel that she's more aggressive with missiles. Often I'd have to put up matrix and boost the heck out so I can heal. But with this change, when I feel that I'm closer to risk of losing my meka, I use missiles to hopefully finish them off. If not, I can finish em' off with Hana's gun!

I just.. don't ever play qp or comp at all oops, I feel that they're a bit too much for me. 4v4 DM is often a good start and practice for me! c'x
      editing profile soon
fromage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saturn ♥ » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:34 am

So I just played a couple games as Mercy and I really don't know how I feel about the new update. I never got to play D.Va because everyone was playing her before I got there.I got to play her in a skirmish for a minute, but never got to try out the new missile things. (Is that what they are?)

╔═════════════════════════╗
saturn || he/they

ImageImage

╚═════════════════════════╝
Saturn ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:38 am

I haven't played either very much yet (post-change, I have about 50hrs each on them from before the update), but I still feel like the Mercy changes are a good thing. D.Va, though, not so much. Defense matrix was frustrating to play against but I feel like this change is just weird. With the missiles and the ability to fly while shooting, it feels like she's meant to be played more aggressively, but she doesn't have the dm to cover her and get back out when things get hairy. If anything, I feel like Blizz should give her some of her armor back so she can do her job as a tank better by soaking up more damage before being de-meched.
Last edited by FLYBOY on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠formerly rebel scum, reyes, ellis.
↠just here for the rp
↠ trying to finish my eldemore wishlist

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:04 am

I agree with everyone else who hasn't played much either. But I just got the game a few days ago, so I didn't know their were any changes to begin with, except for the new Junkertown map.
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Couch » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:13 am

For the people who haven't played for a while
These changes are big due to the meta! (and kind of one tricks)

D.va was a constant character played for the dive meta because she could eat everything and a decent damage dealer. People of course complained and and I heard some people joke about that when they had their defense matrixs up they make the enemy team unable to play the game. With her new changes she is more rough to play on defense in my own experience. Myself being a d.va main I could go on a rant about this but i'm not.

As for Mercy I feel like it was both the pharmercy which is still kinda there but also one tricks, the mercy changes let mercy have some own freedom and she can help out more in team fights or keeping the payload on overtime etc. I wouldn't say it makes her inertly a dps but the new mercy helps with needed a higher skill level then just clicking right and left shift and hide and seeking like some one tricks like to do.
these are just imo's btw.
Couch - She/her
Icon - Sig
Couch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sashiyaki » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:29 am

Tbh none of the changes affect me except the fact that our Mercy cant get a 5 man rez. I'm a Widow main anyways. If anyone wants to play with me on pc just pm me and we'll have so much fun!

────────────────
sashiyaki - sashi
✦local eldritch demon✦
✦i like frogs✦
────────────────
sashiyaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mattrag » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:56 am

I'm used to playing a really aggressive D.Va, so her rework is coming out pretty nicely for me. Her missles are great for zoning on control maps, I just learned. The only problem is that playing a defensive D.Va is pretty tricky, I haven't really figured out a way to do that with her yet. >~>

I usually play Lúcio when I go heals, so I don't have much to say on the Mercy changes. I definitely have noticed, though, that she can defend herself a bit better, which was a huge problem for her beforehand.

I love Junkertown a lot. Good stuff.
╔═════════════════════╗
✦ [matt] [he/him] [adult] ✦
mattrag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby duhl » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:46 am

Anyone seen the crazy distance you can go with mercys GA??
heres an example :0c

And if you are having troubles on getting the hang of mercy i suggest watching top 500 mercy mains!
I've been watching Eeveea and it really helps to find out what a top 500 mercy main is doing
with the buffs to mercy ^^

---

@Rikchikchik
I think you just gotta be a really aggressive D.va instead of being defensive.
I just go and be really aggressive and retreat when my mech explodes. She does
get her mech back really fast so if you're shooting people its like there in a snap :0c
duhl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me