Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby EmilineRose » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:41 pm

Hey, uh, ^^"
I was just wondering if I could get some thoughts on my story and/or dress up?

I'm also looking for some tips on trick and/or treat messages? I'm having a little trouble thinking up something. Especially for the Trick.

Anyways heres my dress up:

Story:

"Cape.. Scythe... Contacts... Yep I got everything I need!"

Lu beamed with excitement as she grabbed her pail on the way out the front door. Normally she went out as something like a princess, vampire, witch, or zombie, the typical costumes you would think of when Halloween was coming around, but this year? This year was different, she saved up enough money to buy the things to make her favorite character from "RWBY".

"Wow is that Ruby?"
"Oh it is!"
"Thats amazing"

"I didnt think anyone would know who I was."
She thought to herself as she walked down the sidewalk feeling confidant and happy in her costume.

She weaved around other trick-or-treaters as she looked around at all the houses decorated with creepy and scary things. Cobwebs, witches, flashing lights, pumpkins, someone even made their front yard look like a graveyard. Unfortunately not everyone had their lights on anymore. Lu walked a while longer before finally coming up to a house with its lights on. She rushed over to the door and knocked on it rather loudly to make sure her presence was known before taking a deep breath and calling out.

"Trick-or-Treat!"
Last edited by EmilineRose on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmilineRose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby britneyrox » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Aquafina~ wrote:
Hey, uh, ^^"

-snip-

The dressup looks nice! I'd never heard of that show/character, but it looks recognizable based on a google search!

One thing I would be sure to change is having the door open at the end of your story. That's against LOLO rules, so your story won't be accepted as is.

╔══════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
feel free to pm me,
i don't mind at all c:
━━━━━━━━━

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━━━
Text
━━━━━━━━━━━
╚══════════════╝

═══════════════
─ amenra ─
═══════════════

╔════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
your touch
── i see ──
in your eyes

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝
╔════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝

britneyrox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Crimson-Wisp wrote:
musicgurl333 wrote:I like it! :) I wouldn't have know he was Taako if you hadn't said it, but I could definitely tell that your dress up was a witch or wizard.I think you did a nice job with it, considering the challenges. Very creative! :) I do have two questions...is Taako on TV? He says that he is, but isn't he just in the podcast? Also, "Lup" doesn't really mean anything to me, and it probably won't mean anything to a lot of people. Maybe you could give a brief comment just to give some context. Like, "you could go as Taako's (insert relationship here...friend, rival, mentor, father, etc.) Lup.

Overall I really like it. :)

Thanks for the feed back! And catching my spelling mistakes XD
I changed up the lines

TK grinned. "Um, I'm Taako, from TV." The two looked at each other before laughing. "You know, we could throw something together and you can be Lup."

to;

TK grinned and said one of his favorite quotes from the podcast, "Um, I'm Taako, from TV." The two looked at each other before laughing. "You know, we could throw something together and you can be Lup. We are twins after all."

does that make it more understandable?

You're very welcome. :) And yes, that makes a lot more sense to me now. The changes are perfect. :)
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmilineRose » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:54 pm

britneyrox wrote:
Aquafina~ wrote:
Hey, uh, ^^"

-snip-

The dressup looks nice! I'd never heard of that show/character, but it looks recognizable based on a google search!

One thing I would be sure to change is having the door open at the end of your story. That's against LOLO rules, so your story won't be accepted as is.

Ah thank you! :)

Oh is it? O:
It wasnt the last time I played(probably 2 or 3 years ago now), my bad, thank you again :D <3

last line now reads

She rushed over to the door and knocked on it rather loudly to make sure her presence was known before taking a deep breath and calling out.

instead of
After minutes of silence Lu took a deep breath and reached out to knock once more, just as her hand was inches from the door, it swung open.
EmilineRose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crimson-Wisp » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:05 pm

Nova-Moshi wrote:Hoo I'm super excited for this Halloween! This will be my fist LOLO and I can't wait to trick or treat
Being my first time I wanted to know if my dress up was alright and appropriate

Pet's name: Sunny
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
I haven't come up with a story just yet but Sunny is a fabulous boy who likes faries and nature! He wanted to dress up as a nature fairy because they're super cute to him.

First off, welcome to the game! Its a lot of fun, I really hope you enjoy it.
I really love your monkey, he's super cute. The flowers and wings are a good choice, and you picked good scenery. Really the only thing that might be cool is layering other small plants behind the wings to make them look nature-y? It doesn't need it, just something that might be fun to see if it works or not.
I will be responding to the remaining LOLO after I get home from work.
Lights Off
Happy Halloween!
My character St.ash
Crimson-Wisp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Aquafina~ wrote:
Ah thank you! :)

Oh is it? O:
It wasnt the last time I played(probably 2 or 3 years ago now), my bad, thank you again :D <3

last line now reads

Yeah it was last year I think (maybe the one before, they start blending together ahh). There were a lot of people who really didn't like the doors opening in people's stories (LOLO tends to attract a lot of RP people, and that type of thing would be god modding in RPs). So we ran a poll. A pretty large percentage wanted a change or didn't care if a change was made (Don't remember what the exact percentages were, but it wasn't like 50/50 or anything). So we decided to implement it. Its actually more to help you guys out, a lot of people would just give tricks if someone had a story with the door opening. So this was to help out you guys getting more treats and just create a better experience for everyone. Its a small story change that is easy enough to do and ends up being better for everyone ^^

Nova-Moshi wrote:Hoo I'm super excited for this Halloween! This will be my fist LOLO and I can't wait to trick or treat
Being my first time I wanted to know if my dress up was alright and appropriate

Pet's name: Sunny
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
I haven't come up with a story just yet but Sunny is a fabulous boy who likes faries and nature! He wanted to dress up as a nature fairy because they're super cute to him.

Thats a really cute dressup! I'd try to add as much as you can to the costume itself, I know its more difficult for smaller animals, but I'd just suggest going through and double-checking if anything else can be added (since right now the costume itself just consists of the wings and headband).
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmilineRose » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Celozon wrote:Yeah it was last year I think (maybe the one before, they start blending together ahh). There were a lot of people who really didn't like the doors opening in people's stories (LOLO tends to attract a lot of RP people, and that type of thing would be god modding in RPs). So we ran a poll. A pretty large percentage wanted a change or didn't care if a change was made (Don't remember what the exact percentages were, but it wasn't like 50/50 or anything). So we decided to implement it. Its actually more to help you guys out, a lot of people would just give tricks if someone had a story with the door opening. So this was to help out you guys getting more treats and just create a better experience for everyone. Its a small story change that is easy enough to do and ends up being better for everyone ^^

Ah, yeah that makes a lot of sense.
I totally understand why that would be changed.
I'm glad to see LOLO is still around and has actually changed a bit since my last time being a part of it.

Its also good that it was changed, because I stole the door opening from my last LOLO story but now its changed. :3
EmilineRose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:42 pm

The discord server is now up! You can join through the link below. We do have some rules you need to read and understand, so please do so before you start posting. First, a couple things to know;

• We will probably be looking for people to help moderate the discord at some point but as of right now the fanclub and main thread mods will be handling it. If/when that happens the application form will be on the main thread, and I'll announce it on the discord as well.
  • You may get help with costumes and stories on the discord, but we don't want a bunch of large messages and images being posted, so we ask instead that you post your costume/story here and link to that post in the discord. There is also the alternative of editing an old post (I like to use random pages buried in my trade topic like this) and linking to that.
  • Some of the channels might seem confusing at to their purpose. There are explanations for those in the 'rules' channel, and on the channels themselves if you check the pinned messages.
  • If you are unfamiliar with discord, feel free to message me questions. I am mostly familiar with the day-to-day stuff.

Please be aware that I'm not 100% familiar with everything on discord so if anything looks like its not supposed to be that way, please let me know immediately. I won't be open to random friend requests, but you should still be able to send me messages.

Discord server
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kia_Bee » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Now I'm stuck. A fourth of me is wanting to stick with Sirius and his Phantom costume. Another fourth is wanting to do Ariel from The Little Mermaid. A different fourth is wanting something from Supernatural and the last one is just screaming at me to back away from LOLO.
Image -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_Image_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Bumblebee, there is only one| You got people out there| This is how we stop them.
way to end this war, you must| who need you.| You’ve got me, and I’m not going anywhere
protect earth and its people.| This is why you’re here, Bee.
C_R
Image. Image. Image
Kia_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:36 pm

I think my post got swallowed up the last two times but I need some feedback on my dress up. I've added wings to him but I'm not sure if i should remove it or leave it on. I can't really move the wings anywhere else as it will cover the expression of the lurking shadow so this is the best I could do for both the expression and wings to be visibly but if any of you all have any ideas on how to improve etc. Please let me know! :)
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me