| ★ Sonic the Hedgehog Fan club |

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

What's your favorite 90's Sonic game? [All in chronological order & excluding spin-offs]

Sonic the Hedgehog
7%
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
7%
Sonic CD
13%
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
No votes
Sonic & Knuckles
20%
Sonic 3D Blast
7%
Sonic Adventure
47%

Total votes : 15

Re: | ★ Sonic the Hedgehog Fan club |

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:14 am

It's ok to post Sonic OCs here, I posted my character Pyro, who's a modified clone of Chaos
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:20 am

Cool, here's my main Sonic OC:
Razor the Raptor
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paperjack. » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:47 am

Sega wrote:
Hey! Formerly Kaleidoscorch here!
I'm super stoked and ready to see more about Team Sonic Racing! I really hope sega makes good use of Sonic's characters because there's so many to choose from at this point and I'm hoping it'll be a sizable roster.

Ooo! So am i! Though I am sorta disappointed it's not a Sonic R remaster, or remake, it's still okay to get another one of these car games. I also hope for this game that it's honestly just Sonic characters for the roster, it was weird seeing Wreck it Ralph wizz past me in All Stars. I just saw the trailer, and am absolutely thrilled! I love Shadow's car, it looks way better than whatever tin-can he had in All Stars honestly.

@Disgustedorite

Oh, that looks super nice! It reminds me of how bird characters in Sonic usually don't have wings, which though weird, somewhat logical. I'm really digging that color pallet most of all though, it suits Razor and the franchise really well.
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Personally I think birds without wings are illogical, it's like taking away a rabbit's ears or a fox's tail :P

The most distinct trait of an animal should be emphasized and exaggerated, not removed--and that goes for everything from beaks and noses to wings and flippers. I don't normally call a design choice in Sonic bad, but removing wings from birds is very very bad design. That's why all my birds have wings of some kind.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sega » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:49 pm

I always thought the avian sonic characters looked a little odd without wings. Even a good compromise by having their hands look like wings, sort of like Falco Lombardi from Star Fox or even Revali from Breath of the Wild, would've looked good personally. For whatever reason there's this code where mostly everyone must have the same, normal, glove wearin' hands. It's not like a sonic character hadn't pulled it off before either, the Old Man Owl from the Sonic OVA looked great!

On another subject, Sonic's still in Smash along with everyone else and he looks better than ever! His render looks so dynamic as well! I'm overall ecstatic for this game!

my beloved
🖤1O.1O.O9
& the famigos
🧸 🧐 🦾

pfp by ivywolves
sig art by yugi
Sega

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paperjack. » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Yeah, when I entered Forces I was amused by how birds just gave you double jump instead of flying--though that may have been a bit too much of an ability. I mean, it made sense since they don't have wings, right? Completely agree with you guys on the wing thing, it can work out just great and gloves nowadays [with the release of forces] aren't mandatory now so idk why they stuck with it. They seem to continuously nail attractive designs, but the birds I can't deal cause they look funny without wings--at least have arm feathers.

I think one of Eggman's generals from the Archie Comics had something wing-like, I'm not exactly too sure though since I read those in quite a long time. All I remember is that one of them was a bird, and it may have just been her cloak in the end. I do love the Babylon Rouges designs, and Bean, but y'know they wouldn't need those boards if they could well, fly...they're birds after all.

I haven't really looked at much of the new Smash models, but I did see a few images and I'm quite pleased. Too bad I can't get it though, seems I'll be enjoying it from the sidelines.
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:12 am

Yeah, but Shadow doesn't have wings and he can fly. I'm not sure if he does it by manipulating his Chaos energy, or if it's because of the hover shoes he wears. Those shoes are part of the reason he can keep up with Sonic on foot.

I was wondering about something for my fan fiction with Chaos as an actual God of Destruction. Sonic actually gives up at the end, saying that even though he's given everything he's got, he knows there's no way he can beat Chaos. When Chaos tells Sonic he's his second strongest foe, does it sound in character for Sonic to be bummed that he's only the second strongest person Chaos has faced?
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paperjack. » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:18 pm

Rocket Executive wrote:Yeah, but Shadow doesn't have wings and he can fly. I'm not sure if he does it by manipulating his Chaos energy, or if it's because of the hover shoes he wears. Those shoes are part of the reason he can keep up with Sonic on foot.

I was wondering about something for my fan fiction with Chaos as an actual God of Destruction. Sonic actually gives up at the end, saying that even though he's given everything he's got, he knows there's no way he can beat Chaos. When Chaos tells Sonic he's his second strongest foe, does it sound in character for Sonic to be bummed that he's only the second strongest person Chaos has faced?

Mm, I mean yeah, Knuckles also sorta glided/flied in some instances so I guess. But also, I think it isn't just do to Shadow's shoes and why he can fly. For birds, it'd make sense for them to fly since that's how they are in real life. Shadow is an artificial being, he can probably stomp on logic if he wanted to, but it is highly likely its his chaos energy doing that for him. Sonic had anti-gravity shoes once, so it's not entirely impossible his skates didn't contribute in making him hover or fly in some ways--he is just gliding across the ground after all. It's probably some chaos energy manipulation because when Sonic gets the emeralds he can fly in super form. Shadow has strong chaos energy so it is possible when he has mass amounts of energy, like lets say he takes off his power inhibitors, he'd be able to fly freely for a short while till he gets well, exhausted.

I think he would feel that way, but also a bit more determined to show that he is the strongest? I'm not exactly sure, depends on what direction you really want to take it. He'd definitely be kinda disappointed he wasn't the best of the best, that's just how he is to be entirely honest, but I think the praise would drive him to fight--but it is also belittling in a way. Like I said, I guess it just really depends on what direction you want to go.
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Yeah, and later on it's revealed he lied about that in order to give Sonic the motivation to continue training
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist