Re: develop - myo event '21 - open

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:15 am

Username + ID#: WitchHazel [148605]
Kalon Link: Carmen
Chosen Prompt: "How did they meet their bestie/friend/love?"
Prompt Response:

“Detective, you gotta help me!”

The slam of the door and the wild jingling of the bell had Carmen’s ears standing up. Standing in the doorway was an angel of a kalon. Plush cream fur that looked like it would be soft and fluffy to the touch. An azure dress with black trim and tassels swinging from the skirt; a colour that matched her worried eyes. A pearl headband matching the long pearl necklace that hung around her neck, a blue feather sprouting from the top. Elegant black gloves that reached up past her elbows. And last but not least, little black shoes with a small heel. Carmen felt underdressed in her hat and trench, though it was perfectly suitable attire for the business she ran.

“First of all, not a detective, doll. I’m a shamus. Private eye. It’s right on the door.” Carmen adjusted the brim of her fedora, revealing her dazzling red gaze framed by thick lashes.
“Oh… you’re a woman?”
“Yeah. What of it?”
“Nothing! I was just expecting a fella.” The sweet, innocent tone carried no judgement whatsoever. A little awe, perhaps. Was the other kalon impressed? It wasn’t something Carmen saw very often when her gender was brought into the light. “You’ve got a low voice for a gal. It suits you.”
Carmen chuckled, the chair she was seated in giving a small groan as she adjusted her posture. “You barely know me, kitten.”
“I have a feeling that’s going to change.”

Is she… flirting with me? Her poise, the way this dame was batting her eyelashes at Carmen… it sent shivers down her spine, in a good way. No, no, she’s probably just being friendly. That sort of thing is completely taboo. Out of the question. Forget it, Carm. If she found out about you, she’d rat you to the fuzz in a second. “Let’s cut to the chase, doll. What has you running in here like your tail’s on fire in the middle of the night?”

“Oh, I’m sorry if it’s late for you!” The gal sounded completely serious - Carmen had to wonder at how clueless she really was.
“I’m a gumshoe, kitten. I work odd hours. No sweat off my back. Now, what’s got you in a tizzy?”
“I just - I was walking home from the jazz club - you know, the one on forty-second and third. I’m a singer there, you know - I work late nights.”
“You’re the canary at Ragtime?”
“You know the place?”
“Of course I do! Just around the block. I go there to celebrate after I solve a case. Or just to relax - got some great jazz.”
A smile lit up the pale kalon’s face, though her gaze remained troubled and fearful.
“Oh, sorry, go on, doll.”

“Anyway, I went out for a smoke after my first set, and I saw something terrible!” Though her eyes never left Carmen, her paws were busy fiddling with the pearls of her necklace. A nervous habit, Carmen assumed. She noticed those kinds of things. “Well - it was - I saw a mac stabbing some poor sap out back in the alley!”
“Back-alley harlem sunset… happens too often.” Carmen’s claws clacked against each other as she jotted down some notes. Stabbing on forty-second and third, out back of the Ragtime jazz club.
“Trouble is… he saw me too. Came running after me with that big ol’ knife of his. I cheesed it! Hightailed it back into the club and called the coppers. But... I fear the goon had already got a good pipe at me. By the time the heat showed up, he’d breezed.”

“Miss… er, what’s your name?”
“Daisy.”
“Daisy. Pretty name.” If Carmen hadn’t known any better, she would’ve sworn she saw a blush colour the gal’s cheeks. Just her makeup in your crappy lighting, Carm. Nothing more. “Okay, Miss Daisy. Think long and hard. Did you get a slant at this guy? He saw you, but did you see him? Notable features? Scars, tattoos, clothing, markings - anything you can remember will be a big help.”
“He was big… really big, but lean. Lots of muscle. It was dark… I couldn’t get a look at his pan. But he had yellow peepers, I think. A lot of scars. Oh! And he had a lot of tatts too, actually. But the one that stood out to me was a cat - the animal, not a guy - with devil horns. Across the left shoulder. I think it was supposed to be a cat? It had pointy ears, and it was smiling with these huge fangs. Wouldn’t have got a slant at it if he’d been wearing a jacket or a flogger.”

Carmen swore under her breath. “It’s the Hellcats. That’s their mark, always on the left shoulder.” She unconsciously rubbed her own shoulder beneath her trenchcoat. The tattoo had been removed, but the scar never went away. She was lucky her fur had grown back. “Sounds like you saw a dropper. If I had to guess, I’d say it was Jaguar or Butch. Those two don’t care who pipes at ‘em; they’ll hunt down any witnesses and bump ’em off.” Carmen’s left ear flicked as Daisy’s breathing rate increased. “I don’t mean to scare you, but I’d be a moron not to be square with you. If the Hellcats are after you, you’re a walking stiff.”

Carmen’s heart ached as Daisy’s eyes filled with tears, shimmering like sapphires in the dim yellow light. “Isn’t there anything you can do?” Her feathery voice brimmed with desperation.
“Well… ah, I can’t say no to that map. Just so happens that it’s your lucky day.” Carmen fixed Daisy’s pretty features with an intense stare, a slight smirk tugging at the corner of her lips. “You found the only number in town who defected from the Hellcats and lived to tell the tale.”
Daisy’s mouth fell open a little as she blinked at Carmen in complete and utter shock. “You were a Hellcat?”
“I know, I know. Big upset. Wouldn’t think a right gumshoe like me would’ve fallen in with those punks.”
“How…?”
“It’s a long story.” Carmen paused, debating whether or not to get into it. She didn’t spill her life’s tale to just anyone, but… this dame was on the run from the Hellcats, same as she’d been. One look at Daisy’s expression and she let out a sigh of defeat. “But I’ll cut you a deal. Buy me a drink and I’ll tell you all about it.”

Token Worth: 10 tokens [1082 words]
Previous Responses:
Let go
Favourite scent
Flower
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PleaserOfCrowds » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:43 am

Username + ID#: PleaserOfCrowds 756851
Kalon Link: x
Chosen Prompt: What flower would they use to describe themself as?
Prompt Response:
As prideful as they are, they’d describe themselves as a Amaryllis, but many would disagree…
Token Worth:
3 ( Bust) + 2 (shading) + 3 (color) + 5 (BG) = 14 tokens (Please count the art, if not considered fullbody then 13)
Previous Responses:
x
x
x
x
(Angel)
X
x
x
x
x
(Dioxide)
Last edited by PleaserOfCrowds on Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
────────────────────────────────────────────
♠They/It/Aer♥
────────────────────────────────────────────
Sig Pixels by Carpe. avatar by Skabeebo, chattamind, Jitsuemon, rabbitpulp, Belefur, shinzlll, and me
TH,FR,Artfight,Kals
PleaserOfCrowds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby glittermintfurry » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:10 pm

Username + ID#: glittermintfurry [588497]
Kalon Link: BOO!
Chosen Prompt: Write about this kals earliest memory
Prompt Response:
It was a warm evening right before summer turned to fall. The leaves were starting to turn bright yellow making the forest feel like it was practically glowing in the evening sun. Thicket looked out across the valley in awe of the vibrant sunset. Thicket’s whole family was there knowing that soon would be the day that Thicket got their powers. Thirteen Kalons in total lazed around swapping stories in a language that Thicket didn’t yet understand. All with white eyes that would glance back to Thicket expectantly. The large blankets that the family used to relax on were well worn and soft with age. Three of the younger kits were playing with each other running and leaping around the group. As the sun sank lower and lower beneath the horizon the group settled down and sat with anticipation to see Thicket’s powers manifest. As the last of the sun’s light sank over the horizon it seemed as if tonight would not be the night the family was hoping for. Thicket yawned and looked around, no longer impressed by the sky. Then a little ways away Thicket spotted a small glowing creature in the long grass. Curious, Thicket sprang from their mother’s arms and bounded toward the bright little orb. For a moment it seemed as if the creature disappeared, but then the glow came back almost as quickly as it had gone. Thicket was so close to the glow now that they could see the creature even when it was not glowing. Of course, as Thicket would come to learn, this was a firefly. Amazed by the bug’s ability, Thicket got as close to it as possible. Which scared the firefly and in fear of being eaten it quickly took to the sky. This only amazed Thicket more and they began to bound after the insect.
This next part of the memory was a story recounted by their family on similar occasions. When Thicket leapt out of sight the adults in the family darted to their feet. The younger Kalons sat up attentively unsure of what they just saw. Thicket’s parents were going to follow Thicket in order to bring them back to the group when the eldest among them suggested that they wait and see what Thicket does. The family waited with baited breath for Thicket to return to them. They could hear Thicket rustling through the grass, but it was quite difficult to see where they had gone. After what felt like hours the family saw a very large firefly take off from the grass; then another and another. Then the family saw a faint bluish glow that appeared to be moving through and spooking the fireflies out from the grass. Thicket’s parents exchanged hopeful glances as they watched the blue glow wander haphazardly though the grass. Then to everyone’s relief Thicket lept out above the grass in an attempt to catch one of the bigger fireflies. For a brief moment the family was able to see the first of Thicket’s abilities. When Thicket returned to the group, their grandparents congratulated them on their first ability. To which Thicket shyly babbled back a response.
Token Worth: 526 words
Previous Responses: N/A This is the first response
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
glittermintfurry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirit • daydream » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:02 pm

Username + ID#: APH Siantia + 659174
Kalon Link: [Leon Hoshino]
Chosen Prompt: What is one myth or story unique to their world?
Prompt Response:

“Everyone gather ‘round. Let me tell you a story of magic, sorrow, and the love that our dear moon had in order to join our starry sky. Now, everykal learns of the moon, the stars, and her phases, but there is a deeper side to her story. You see, the moon was a kalon just like you and me who went by the name Hala and this story begins in a village on the night of her birth.”

▫ ▫ ▫ ▫

Children ran through the streets screaming happily as they chased the birds that floated effortlessly through the warm air. It was a merry sight bringing a smile to those who watched. Yet, even though there were screams of delight and laughter, there was also a sense of dread, for the village chief's wife was in labor and it was starting to look like she wasn’t going to make it. The chief paced back and forth in their home, praying to their gods silently, hoping that his wife and child would survive. And, after many hours he heard the cries of a child and rushed forward. One of the midwives came out holding a bundle of blankets and quickly walked past him. She didn’t look at him and it seemed as though she was trying not to make eye contact. The chief raced into the room and had to force himself to step towards his wife. She was alive, but extremely weak. Her eyes looked dull and she was struggling to hold up the baby she had just given birth to. He smiled softly at her and held her face before reaching to take the child out of her arms. She smiled weakly and let him.

“It’s a girl,” one of the midwives said softly. The chief looked down at the small bundle in his arms and as soon as he saw her eyes he knew he would do anything to keep her safe. He held his wife’s hand as he sat down in a chair one of the midwives had placed next to the bed.

“Take care...of her.” The chief could barely hear her as she spoke and tears began to fall down his face as he leaned in closer. The wife raised her hand to his face and smiled softly, “I love...you.” The chief laughed softly without meaning to. He didn’t know how to feel.

“I love you too. Always.” He held her hand to his face and watched as she passed with a smile on her face.

▫ ▫ ▫ ▫

Leon paused the story to speak to the young kalons who had gathered to listen.

“Now sorrow is a thing all must go through on their journey in this life. It may not be fair but that is the way of the universe. But pain makes you who you are and it shapes who you will become. Don’t let it control you.”

▫ ▫ ▫ ▫

Hala grew into a fine young kalon, learning about the dark things that lurked in the surrounding forest as well as the responsibilities of a chieftess. However, one by one the children in the village had slowly started to disappear. After a village discussion, everyone deemed the forest too unsafe for the children to play next to. They decided to choose a kalon who would make their way into the forest to find the missing young and hopefully bring them back. Hala, being the future chieftess, volunteered herself and began her trek into the dark woods. She spent days tracking the footprints of the captured young. Even though Hala was afraid she didn’t turn away because she knew that the children needed her, that her village needed her. One night, in the midst of darkness a glowing figure emerged from the trees. It told her that it saw her bravery and love for her village that it would help on her journey. She gladly accepted its help because she could feel the kindness and warmth it gave out. Its body shrank into a small butterfly, a blue hue emitted off of its wings piercing the darkness like a knife. When looking at the butterfly she couldn’t help but smile knowing that she wasn’t alone in the dark. With the extra bit of light, Hala was finally able to find the village young. They greeted each other happily, but just as they were about to head back home a being made of darkness erupted from the ground and surrounded them like an endless fog. They huddled together afraid to move while Hala tried her best to calm the children. She looked for a way out and just as she was about to give up, the butterfly appeared. Hala begged the butterfly to lead the children to the safety of the village and the butterfly agreed. Hala looked around wondering where the being was so that she could distract it as the butterfly guided the children to safety. The dark being didn’t like that its prey was escaping and lurched forward trying to grab at any of the young kalons to take down into his world with him. Hala raced forward and threw herself in the way, sacrificing herself to allow the children to escape. It felt like days since she had seen any sort of light. She didn’t know if she was still alive or if she even had her eyes open. The only companion she had was the darkness that surrounded her. Hala walked around, searching hopelessly for a way out of the complete darkness. Until she saw the familiar blue glow of the butterfly she had befriended. Hala smiled and it felt like she hadn’t done that for years. As the relief washed over her she collapsed out of exhaustion. She knew the butterfly was here to help her and she reached out for it. As soon as she touched the glowing wings of the butterfly, all she could see was a blinding light. She heard a screech that almost made her want to vomit and then she saw the starry night sky. Hala couldn’t help but laugh, she felt light and happy. She could see everything and she wasn’t afraid of what was out there anymore.

▫ ▫ ▫ ▫

“The butterfly had come to save Hala, you see because she showed bravery and love for those around her. The butterfly and Hala merged together creating the moon you and I see above us now.” One of the children raised his hand and Leon tilted his head slightly.

“Wait, if Hala is the moon then how come she disappears then?”

“Well, you see child, the butterfly couldn’t separate the darkness from Hala since they were already a part of each other. That is why dark magic is strongest during the absent moon and why light magic is strongest during the present moon. Hala and the darkness are in a constant battle and sometimes she wins and sometimes she loses. But she always continues her fight because she is needed for balance in our world.” The children all smiled and thanked him for the story as they raced off back to their homes. And as they all went, Leon looked up at the moon, thanked her for her protection against the dark in the world, and began to head home as well. The moon seemed to glow brighter than she had before as if thanking him for continuing to tell her story.

Token Worth: [word count - 1246] [10 tokens]
Previous Responses: n/a
spirit • daydream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:01 pm

♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby persimmon » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:19 pm

Username + ID#: persimmo.n + 394121
Kalon Link: Waylan
Chosen Prompt: "How would this kal draw/describe themselves?"
Prompt Response:
If you asked, Waylan would explain how he is, " Dashing. Strong. The best. Lovable. And of course, a cow! ... Wait! What!?"
Token Worth: 26 tokens
fullbody (4) + pixel (2) shading (2) + color (3) + animation (5) + background (5) + multiple characters (5) = 26
Previous Responses:
color they would wear for the rest of their life
most trusted friends
pets
ImageImageImageImage

Hello ! Feel free to call me persimmo, persimmon, or whatever you'd like ^^ I'm pretty shy, but feel free to pm me if you ever want to chat or ask me about something c:

THmy kalonsart IG

ImageImageImageImage
    ❀avatar and signature art are by me❀
persimmon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainboot » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Username + ID#: moon phoenix #988591
Kalon Link: [either to the oekaki page or off-oekaki form] xxx
Chosen Prompt: ''What type of weather would they prefer to never experience again

Prompt Response:
Every since Ri was a kid, their family would go to their grandma's house for the summer. Ri's grandma lived in a really cold place where, even in the summer, it was really cold. On this specific day which RI went to their grandma's house, there was a blizzard right after they came. Ri really wanted to go outside and play in the snow, but their grandma and their parents didn't let them. So, Ri sneaked outside in the night. Ri squealed in excitement as they pranced in the snow, making footprints. But, after a while, Ri got a little lost. They couldn't find the way to their grandma's house. Ri struggled to not stop and start crying. They stopped for a little bit to catch their breathe and rest. Ri suddenly saw a small light, their grandma's house! Ri rushed in and dashed next to the fireplace and started to heat up their paws, and before you know it, Ri fell asleep. When they woke up, Ri was in their bed and had hot chocolate next to the bed. Ri bent over and drank the hot chocolate. They dreaded to think what would happen, but Ri went downstairs and got scolded by their parents and grandma. But they were also so glad nothing bad happened to them.

Token Worth: 242 | 1 token
Previous Responses: N/A
rainboot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:59 pm

Username + ID#: werewolf 809645
Kalon Link: event kal - other kal
Chosen Prompt: "Are there any famous ruins or landmarks? What are they?"
Prompt Response: the mountain
Token Worth: fullbody [4] + pixel [2] + shading [2] + color [3] + background [5] + multiple characters [5] = 21 tokens
Previous Responses: n/a
Last edited by Guest on Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:16 pm

Username + ID#: SilhouetteStation + 676516
    Kalon Link: Atticus

Chosen Prompt: What are their top three skills or talents?

Prompt Response:
    Atticus is mildly skilled in an array of things - like Pokemon gym battles, remembering constellation placements, and making a decent carbonara - but his real talents are utilized in his work. From his teenage years onwards, once he got into Dungeons & Dragons, he was hooked. He loved the adventure, the role playing, and the time spent with his friends. But one of the things that really captivated him was the dice. Once he realized that you could buy different sets, and that there was a whole subculture of collecting them, he was hooked. By the time he was sixteen he owned twenty sets, and in present day he owns nearly fifty. The collection is constantly growing, and now includes many that he's made himself. He spent hours studying how-to videos, buying the supplies, and months were spent on perfecting the art and the skills that come with it.

First things first; you need patience. He never knew he could master this kind of patience, but he has. You will screw up your first few dice. He actually messed up his first five, and dozens after that came out with bubbles and chipping if the mold hadn't been cleaned properly. Sometimes the resin doesn't mix right, even after you double check quantities. There are times when it doesn't set at all and you're left with a sticky mess to clean up. Even once they're out and looking good it's so easy to stuff up the paint, sand the wrong corner, or drop them without meaning to and scratching the side. He learnt that you just need to breathe through it. Tidy up your workplace, have a tea break, and then try again.

Secondly, once you've mastered the art of making actual dice, that's when you can get a bit more creative. Colors and glitter are all well and good - he loves trying new combinations - but his more expensive dice have molded polymer clay sculpture inside. No bigger than your pink nail, yet they take a lot of concentration to make. Frogs and lily pads, sunflowers, moon phases, koi fish; once he got the hang of the clay and tools, he was eager to try and create as many things as he could. He's humble in admitting this skill, but inwardly, it's probably the one he's proud of the most.

The third skill this kind of job has given him - though it sounds obvious - is good customer service. If you've got your own business, you need to know how to deal with people. He's a quiet, shy guy by nature, so 'people skills' was never his defining feature. In fairness, it still isn't when it comes to face to face interactions. But he knows how to handle himself over a keyboard, and he knows how to send polite emails. He knows how to package the dice with a hand written thank you card, get it delivered within the promised timeframe, and make his customers happy when the parcel arrives. It brings him a lot of self confidence when it all goes smoothly, but he's also confident that if anything were to go wrong, he'll know how to fix it.

Token Worth: 5 (527 words)

Previous Responses:
    What does their current bedroom look like?
    Do they have any pets?
    What makes them feel loved?
    Are they an early bird or night owl?
    What are their top three skills or talents?
    ^ 25 tokens ;; first myo achieved

SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Starshimmer* » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:52 pm

pages 1 thru 8 up to melancollie's post wrote:Everyone up to and including Melancollie's post was previously approved and banked, this message is just for staff records

pages 8 & 9 wrote:Ucanthandleme: Approved & banked
Nintendox: Approved & banked
DragonOfEmber: Approved & banked (PM'd about fix)
bugry: Approved & banked (PM'd about fix)
PleaserOfCrowds: Approved & banked

pages 10 & 11 wrote:PleaserOfCrowds: Approved & banked
Dewy Feathers: Initial prompt, no tokens awarded (PM'd)
Nermal1999: Approved & banked
EditMeNot: Approved & banked
kidcandy: Initial prompt, no tokens awarded (PM'd)
sylvender: Approved & banked
Strawberrymwilk: Approved & banked (PM'd about submission)
NightMareRose: Approved & banked
Brackensnake: Approved & banked
Hellyboo: Approved & banked
Ucanthandleme: Approved & banked
Tanjiro: Approved & banked
persimmo.n: Approved & banked
Mastergirl7: Approved & banked
skywishes01: Approved & banked
lovage: Approved & banked
triglyphs: Approved & banked
SStrawberry: Initial prompt, no tokens awarded (PM'd)

pages 12 & 13 wrote:kidcandy: Approved & banked
Griff: Approved & banked
xx.: Approved & banked
Amplify: Approved & banked
FluffyBirdie: Approved & banked
PleaserOfCrowds: Approved & banked
.*✦ kirin: Approved & banked
conradical: Approved & banked (PM'd about fix)
.lucifer: Approved & banked
-Everette-: Approved & banked
iBrevity: Approved & banked

pages 14 & 15 wrote:xx.: Approved & banked
solos: Approved & banked
kidcandy: Approved & banked
SilhouetteStation: Approved & banked
.*✦ kirin: Approved & banked
Midnightkitkat: Approved & banked
ford: Approved & banked
SStrawberry: Approved & banked
ShadowWolfess: PM'd about submission
Hellyboo: Approved & banked
Dark Ranger: Approved & banked

pages 16 & 17 wrote:WitchHazel: Approved & banked
ThatPinkThing: Approved & banked
rem sleep: Approved & banked
conradical: Approved & banked
SonOfStarGod: Approved & banked
kyum-: Approved & banked (PM'd about fix)
SunnyStreets: Approved & banked
EditMeNot: Approved & banked
sapphirelion: Approved & banked
Sp1ritW1sh: Approved & banked
triglyphs: Approved & banked
CaptainRon: Approved & banked (PM'd about fix)
Nermal1999: Approved & banked

page 18 wrote:WitchHazel: Approved & banked
PleaserOfCrowds: Approved & banked (PM'd about fix)
glittermintfurry: Approved & banked
APH Siantia: Approved & banked
rem sleep: Approved & banked
moon phoenix: PM'd about submission
werewolf: Approved & banked (PM'd about fix)
SilhouetteStation: Approved & banked
.: TH .:. Caard .:. FR .:. PFQ .:. Goatlings :.

moderator/banker for kalons, slowly coming back from sick leave
currently lurking when i have the energy, replies will not be timely

*Starshimmer*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me