Re: develop - myo event '21 - open

Postby WitchHazel » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:31 am

Username + ID#: WitchHazel [148605]
Kalon Link: Carmen
Chosen Prompt: "What was the hardest thing they had to let go of?"
Prompt Response:

Daisy. Her name was Daisy.

Carmen tucked her tail around her legs, taking a sharp, pollen-filled inhale at the sudden flash of memory. The park bench felt cold beneath her body. These things never change. Wrought iron edges, so intricate and beautiful… Her eyes traced the swirls and circular patterns of the metal. Only the wooden slats get replaced. That was a metaphor for something. But anything could be a metaphor, if you looked at it the right way.

She twirled the cleanly cut stem between the digits of her right paw, drinking in the sweet, faint perfume of the little yellow and white bloom. Daisy… That’s what the flower was called. That’s what her name had been. Her fur, cream-coloured and soft like its petals. She was always so full of light… what would she think of me now? A stain of ink amidst a picture book of colour. Carmen’s dark fur matched her dark attire; her black trenchcoat and fedora meant to hide her immortal nature from the prying eyes of the world. In the vibrant greens of the park, she might have well been just another shadow.

The bright, sunny centre of the daisy in her paws stared up at her, almost challenging her to step into the light. A memory of another time flashed before her; a radiant smile beckoning her into the day.
“Come on, Carm! What harm will it do? We’re just two gals going out for a bite. That’s how they’ll see it; don’t you worry.”
“But what if they don’t? Doll, what if we get caught? We can’t go out in public like that. It’s too dangerous. Don’t take any wooden nickels!” In that moment, Carmen didn’t really care if she got caught. It was her partner she was concerned for. I’ve been under glass for worse. But Daisy wouldn’t survive a day in the Big House. She was so idealistic and naïve… Carmen wished she could see the world that way sometimes.
“Where’s your sense of adventure? Come on, live a little! Besides… some things are worth the risk. I wanna go out with you, in the daytime. Sneaking around at night is all fun and games, but I want something more. Don’t you want that?” The way Daisy had looked at her in that moment; those big, beautiful blue eyes… she wanted more. She wanted to stop hiding. Screw the taboos. She wanted to eat a simple lunch without worrying about the law.
“...yeah, I do.”
“Come on, Carm. Step into the light.”

Heh. ‘Step into the light.’ If only she knew how far I’ve fallen into the darkness. But it had all been for her sake; so she could live. She had such a passion for life… and it almost got taken from her, all ‘cause of me. Carmen looked at the fragile bloom held between her fingers. Life is so fragile… I know that now. You taught me that.

But Daisy hadn’t been fragile… not like the flowers sprouting up around the park bench. Not like the one she had effortlessly severed from the patch. All it took was a slice of her claw. If she wanted to, Carmen could crush the little flower without so much as a thought. But not Daisy. She could never have done that to Daisy… not even if she had wished to harm her. Daisy’s spirit was untouchable. Her confidence; her radiance… nothing could snuff out that light. I would never hurt her… she knows that, right? ...Applesauce. Look at me now; I’m a monster. But she got to live, and that’s all that matters. Daisy was strong in a way that Carmen had never seen before; something other than physical strength. Her poise and charm certainly aided in that, but it was something else; something beneath the surface. Compassion. Daisy had taught Carmen that there was more strength in compassion than hate. “Sometimes you’ve gotta be soft to be strong.” Something Carmen had forgotten, along with many important things about her mortal life. But there were other things she could never forget; things that lingered in her mind even without the scent of flowers to keep them there.

I’ll never forget the warmth of her smile… the way her laugh lit up her whole map. I’ll never forget the secret kisses stolen in the night, nor the sweet forbidden romance we shared. Carmen pushed herself from the park bench, her black trenchcoat brushing the stalks of the cheery little flowers as she passed. She held onto the one she’d plucked from the masses, hoping against hope that she could hold on this time. That the bloom would remind her of her love, her… wait, what was it? Daisy. Daisy, that’s what the flower was called. That was her name. She had only taken a few steps out of the park, and her mind had already begun to slip.
Daisy, Daisy… hold onto the name. Hold onto the flower; hold onto the name. Daisy. Her name was Daisy.

Her paws traced the familiar path back to the old apartment building she was forced to crash in now. Her name was… Carmen glanced down at the flower held in her paws, a tiny fragment of the past. ...Daisy.

She climbed the rickety stairs, each one groaning underfoot as her weight lifted from it. Her name was… wait… what is this flower called? Though the name began to fade, the face never did. The smile, the laugh… She was light incarnate. Applesauce! Why can’t I remember her name?

Carmen’s grip around the plant tightened, and she felt the tips of her long claws against her paw pad. She slid the key from her pocket and jostled it in the ancient lock until she heart a familiar click.

Her name… her name was… ugh!

The little flower clutched in Carmen’s claws burst into sparkling red flames. She turned her head away as it crumbled to ash, slipping through her fingers just like the name of her love.

Token Worth: 10 [1002 words]
Previous Responses: n/a
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatPinkThing » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:02 am

Username + ID#: ThatPinkThing + 300398
Kalon Link: Pablo
Chosen Prompt: "What's their dream home like?"
Prompt Response:
Token Worth: fullbody (4) + shading (2) + color (3) + background (5) = 14 tokens

Username + ID#: ThatPinkThing + 300398
Kalon Link: Pablo
Chosen Prompt: "Your character’s favorite snack (or perhaps a comfort food?)"
Prompt Response:
Token Worth: bust (3) + shading (2) + color (3) = 8 tokens
Previous Responses: only the one above in this post
x
x
x
x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you can call me Kels or Pink - she/her - adult

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:49 am

Username + ID#: rem sleep #224745
      Kalon Link: insomnia tenebrous - oekaki page
      Chosen Prompt: "Who are their most trusted friends?"
      Prompt Response: Artwork here!
      Token Worth: fullbody drawing (+4 Tokens) with color (+3 Tokens), thatched shading (+2 Tokens) and an extra character (+5 Tokens)!
      That makes its total worth 14 Tokens!
      Previous Responses: N/A

Username + ID#: rem sleep #224745
      Kalon Link: insomnia tenebrous - oekaki page
      Chosen Prompt: " Are they an early bird or night owl??"
      Prompt Response: Artwork here!
      Token Worth: fullbody drawing (+4 Tokens), with color (+3 Tokens) and a background (+5 Tokens)!
      That makes its total worth 12 Tokens!
      Previous Responses: See Above.
Last edited by rem sleep on Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skywishes01 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:38 pm

xxx

x
┌─────────┐

════ʕ ⏒ ᴥ ⏒ ʔ═══
call me sky !!
────────────
infp • gemini •
hufflepuff • nerd
─────────
my kals / art cred
art shop !!

└─────────┘
skywishes01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sheepsorrel » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:00 pm

Username + ID#: conradical 413649
Kalon Link: x
Chosen Prompt: Is there a political climate? What’s it like?
Prompt Response:

DEFR-1OXIIR, 34.5-955-3.45-336 -- Coniferous Galaxy

Brief observation of DEFR-1OXIIR, dubbed "Fiforth" (fy-furt) by the populace, indicates a relatively standard "dimorphic culture", with an apparent generational gap spurring distrust between the elder, agrarian Conifer Kalons and the younger, progressive-technological Indigoes. Delicate social tensions arising between these two groups have been exacerbated by the recent construction of a Zibr space station in the planet's viewing range. This document will provide a brief description and overview of the current political atmosphere on DEFR-1OXIIR.

Note that the Galaxy title was actually named after the Coniferous settlements, not the other way around. This is explained in Document AI2.

The Conifers live in nomadic communities that seasonally migrate. Conifer-raised youth will grow up not in one house, but several, as their communities drift from dry-season forest settlements, to dark-season solar huts, to wet-season mountain villages. Conifers are technologically stunted, not for lack of intelligence or creativity. Due to their hesitance to interact with outside planets, their resources are greatly restricted.

In opposition to the Coniferous way of life, the younger Indigo Kalons have built a more progressive, futurist society on DEFR-1OXIIR. They distance themselves from the elder nomads by way of sparse physical presence. One major aspect of the Indigo way of life is a willingness to involve oneself in extraterrestrial affairs. For this reason, the Indigoes exist in large towers dotting the planet, using Zibr transportation technology to teleport themselves from tower to tower.

DEFR-1OXIIR is a notably small planet. Coniferous Kalons have a thriving culture due to their lifestyle - they do not bar themselves off from other nomadic Kalons, and as they migrate seasonally, groups will often merge with each other and split apart again. This results in the tradition of one group being passed on to another by means of the introduction of a new Kalon. One common occurrence is two Coniferous groups cohabitating in one gathering space (for instance, a mountain village) and when the two groups split again to travel elsewhere, one or two Kalons from the first group will split to join another.

The most worrisome instance of territory infringement on DEFR-1OXIIR has begun to occur in the last 20 years: young Coniferous Kalons, having "heard the good news" about Indigo Kalons (but lacking the technology to teleport to their distanced towers), take control of an empty or unprotected Coniferous settlement and attempt to raise it into an Indigo settlement. Indigo search parties have been put into place (10yr mark) to combat this issue, but are seen as invading the airspace of Coniferous groups.

Some issues that have arisen from this are as follows: Coniferous Kalons worried about airspace infractions, Indigo Kalons ideologically opposed to keeping Indigo and Conifer cultures separate, Coniferous Kalons losing out on historic seasonal homes due to modern Indigo occupation.

Diplomats hailing from the Zibr space station have been in discussion as to how to solve this problem, though an important point of order to consider is that any introduction of Zibr diplomats to DEFR-1OXIIR could simply anger both parties more. It is possible that the best intervention is no intervention, as Indigo leaders have already expressed an interest in migration to space stations and/or new habitable planets in recent years. [Author Note: it is interesting to consider how migration behavior is expressed even in many anti-migration Indigo Kalons]

Token Worth:
553 words - 5 points

Previous Responses: 12345
previously cupcake frosting - my kalons
sheepsorrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SonOfStarGod » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:18 pm

Username + ID#: SonOfStarGod 639144
Kalon Link: here
Chosen Prompt: art
Prompt Response: here
Token Worth:
sketch - 1
color - 3
total - 4
ImageImageImage
StarGod | they/them | | Always looking for trades!
SonOfStarGod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kyum- » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:14 pm

Username + ID#: kyum- | 273109
      Kalon Link: Saphizserae
      Chosen Prompt: Relationships | "They found a lost child crying, what do they do?"
      Prompt Response:
        She strode with a determination in her step, fire ablaze in her eyes. People either watched Saphizserae with questioning eyes, or avoided looking her direction at all as she passed by them, not even sparing a glance their way with only one goal in her mind. As she got to the aisle – her final destination in this labyrinth of a supermarket – she beelined for a particular section.

Poptarts.

They were all that mattered.

Positioning her basket, she stuck an arm around the many boxes, then swept them all off the rack and into the basket. Once they’d all tumbled in, she inspected each box with a discerning eye before one final box caught her eye. One that had escaped her clutches. With a huff, she made for it to add to her already filled basket.

Before she could, however, she felt a tug of her shirt. Confused, she paused, then ever so slowly, she turned around. Then down. Horrified.

A small mortal child looked up at her with glassy eyes, large globes of tears forming already from his eyes. He could be no older than five with how small he was, and he clutched onto her clothing with a grip like no other.

Flabbergasted, and despite her growing fear towards this small fragile creature, she averted her eyes, looking about her for anyone that may be responsible for this child. When she saw nobody else but a teenager with headphones who’d just begun to leave, she resorted to staring back at the child, swallowed her horror, and scowled.

“What do you want, creature?” she hissed. “Go to your mother.”

At her words, the child’s lips began to tremble. Panic burst forth as Saphiza realised the child may begin to wail. Horrified, she scrambled for that last box of Poptarts and all but shoved it in the child’s direction.

“Take it – just take it and leave me!”

The child only shook his head, tugging a little harder at the hem of Saphiza’s shirt, lips pursing before he began to squeak out, “I lost my mommy.”

Saphiza stared. The child stared back. Then dropping her hand to her side, she dumbly responded. “And?”

“Please help me find my mommy, big sis,” the child pleaded, lips trembling again.

Immediately Saphiza began to panic once more at the child’s threat of tears. She tossed the Poptart box aside, dropping the basket with half a mind to escape while she still could. Adults and spirits, demons and angels – she could deal with all of them, with no problem at all.

Saphiza had met many a demon and evil spirit in her everlasting life – but children? They were unpredictable, whiny, and the moment one cried, the adults would make those assumed to be the cause of those tears pay. She was almost certain these little demons were aware of the chaos they incited.

Narrowing her eyes and weighing her options, Saphiza glanced at either ends of the aisle before sighing heavily. Then raising an arm to the ceiling, she grabbed onto a spirit’s foot, hauling them down from the ceiling, her teeth grit. The spirit squealed in surprise, drifting through the ground, before poking the top half of their head back up to meekly eye her.

She growled lowly an order for the spirit to get out from under the ground, to which the poor soul obeyed hastily, cowering slightly under her gaze. Saphiza gave a quick once-over of the spirit, then asked the child.

“What was your mother wearing?”

The child squinted in thought, then, “A shirt! And pants!”

Saphiza groaned without restraint, rolling her eyes. But the excitement on the child’s face dampened her annoyance – just a little. The little devils definitely knew what they were doing. They just knew it.

Instead of addressing the child or questioning him further, she turned to the hovering individual, who had been nervously watching the interaction. She flicked her hand at them.

“Go. Find his mother,” she commanded. “She wears a shirt. And pants.”

The spirit flinched, visibly gobsmacked, but left immediately to carry out her wishes. Whilst they waited, Saphiza crossed her arms, watching the child again.

“Will you let me go now?”

The child shook his head. “Not until we find mommy.”

Saphiza scowled. “We’ll find her soon.”

“But we’re still here,” the child quickly replied.

Saphiza remained silent; a child didn’t need to know the world that existed after life. The age of the child didn’t matter – death came to all. But always, despite her indifference to all mortal beings, explaining the concept of death and what came after to children had always left her uncomfortable. Besides, for what reason did she, a respected patron of the underworld, have to explain herself to a mere little mortal demon?

But the child demon looked up at her with his wide blinking eyes in question, and Saphiza flinched as she felt her resolve crumble. Just a little bit. She pursed her lips, looked to the skies (or rather, the ceiling), groaned again.

“I sent someone to look for her.”

The child tilted his head. “Who?”

Saphiza refused to associate herself with the spirit, but through her clenched teeth, she hissed reluctantly. “An underling.”

“But no one was there.”

Saphiza pursed her lips.

“Was it your imaginary friend?” he continued. “Aren’t you too old for imaginary friends, big sis?”

It took all of her resolve not to snarl at the child. Fortunately for them both, the spirit had returned, and relayed the location of a woman frantically searching for a lost boy. In her haste to be rid of the child, Saphiza lifted the child in her hands, holding him like a basketball during a game as she raced toward the informed aisle. The boy cried out for his mother at the sight of the young lady, arms reaching out for her. Saphiza gladly deposited the child into the woman’s arms, turning on her heel before neither the child nor his mother could converse with her in any way. Then as hurriedly as she had left her aisle, she returned for her Poptarts, speeding through their purchase and back to her humble abode.
      Token Worth: 10 tokens | 1026 words

Chosen Prompt: Relationships | "What do they look for in a partner?”
      Prompt Response:
        Saphiza would never date anyone less than an immortal like herself – but reality often doesn’t work out that way.
      Token Worth: 13 tokens
        bust | 3 tokens
        shading | 2 tokens
        coloured | 3 tokens
        background | 5 tokens
      Previous Responses:
      n/a

Chosen Prompt: Preferences| "Stairs, escalator, or elevator?”
      Prompt Response:
        Elevator, clearly. Stairs and escalators are for lowly mortals. (not depicted: Saphiza, over the phone saying "Crawl, worm.")
      Token Worth: 14 tokens
        fullbody | 4 tokens
        shading | 2 tokens
        coloured | 3 tokens
        background | 5 tokens
      Previous Responses:
      n/a

edited to reflect final changes to token worth of the last prompt; forgot to do it the last time i received a response - sorry! ;;
Last edited by kyum- on Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
currently wip (or forever idk)
but have a gif of my day6 boys <3
kyum-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyStreets » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:49 am

Username + ID#: SunnyStreets + 823430
    Kalon Link: Altan
    Chosen Prompt: [ World Building ] 'What's their dream home like?'
    Prompt Response:
    “Safe.” The word carries the burden of drawing into the light so many things that most prefer to be forgotten - yet it is how Altan describes the home of his dreams. Somewhere beyond those eyes of his enemies, somewhere the twisted hands that want to rip his life and livelihood apart could never find him. Somewhere he could be, quite simply, safe.

It’d need to be isolated, perhaps the opposite side of the world, so he could practice magic in peace. It’d never do for it to be somewhere where they didn’t generally have magic, however, because although then he wouldn’t be chased down by Keahi, he wouldn’t be able to practice his sorcery either. The locals would be too confused, too much of a hazard, not to mention the wildlife and flora there wouldn’t be used to it. Would they even have the undercurrent hum of their own inherent magic? Without that, he’d never be able to tap into the wavering threads of life magic or ancient magic.

Perhaps, an entire other world or planet. Maybe he could open a portal to travel through, find somewhere magical enough for him that’s inaccessible to others. But who knows what the people there would be like, if there were any. He could be attacked, driven from their lands - worse, they could be bent on ridding the world of mages and magic as well. And if it was unpopulated, he’d be so lonely.

He could, theoretically, go be a hermit in some far off cave. Pretend to be harmless, old and perhaps rather delusioned. But would that even be safe? Practiced artisans could spot traces of magic just on him if he used it too often, and it would cling to anywhere he lived as well. Armies would come - pointlessly large amounts of soldiers, misinformed to think he alone could take them down when in reality, it had nearly drained his own magic to escape the kingdom in the first place. He’d have to find a cave somewhere completely different, but who knew how hard that’d be to locate. Or if they’d have the right types of plants or even food that he could eat.

So, he sticks with the idea of safety. Simple, but encompasses so many essential things.

People scoff, laugh, say it’ll never happen. “You’re too dangerous.” “Maybe Keahi is right.” “You’ll never escape him.” Whether their words are scornful and mocking or drenched in pity, they never fail to crush Altan, make him stumble over his words, fill him with the pointless terror that they could be right. Make him wonder if it would be better to simply say, “I’d like it to have a big garden,” or “I’d like it to be next to the sea.” Maybe that would be safer. Less likely to reveal his fugitive status to anyone listening in.

But he never does, because that would be more crushing than anyone’s words. Because it’s essential to keep these things right there, at the front of everyone’s minds, or else a tyrant’s reign will never end. Besides, Altan never liked to tell lies.

Token Worth: 518 words - 5 tokens

Username + ID#: SunnyStreets + 823430
    Kalon Link: Altan
    Chosen Prompt: [ World Building ] 'What was their childhood bedroom like?'
    Prompt Response:
    Altan’s bedroom was large and well-lit, with several large windows including a skylight. The walls were painted a creamy shade of white, with rows of protective runes along the edges of the doorframe and the window. His room was shared with his sister, and they had a set of bunk beds with a clean wood frame. The ladder and edges of the bed were entwined with strands of growing ivy, which Altan and his sister cared for with devotion, along with the handful of other plants that were scattered throughout their room. Altan enjoyed singing to them, spilling magic into his voice that nurtured the greenery.

Altan and his sister’s beds were draped in handmade quilts, which had protective spells sewn into them. Altan kept a few small, hand-sewn stuffed animals - a deer, a bear and a shark - on his bed. On the ceiling above the bed, a set of fairy lights hung, illuminating the room with a soft glow.

The wooden floorboards were covered by several soft rugs, in various shades of browns, creams and blues. In the corner of the room, next to a set of two bookshelves, Altan kept a fluffy white bean bag which had polar bear ears - he liked to sit on this to study his mage textbooks. Here, another stuffed animal of his was kept, a fuzzy brown owl.

Altan’s sister, Ada, didn’t have a beanbag and rather a hanging chair which was draped in a lot of blankets and pillows. This was also where her multitude of stuffed animals sat, including a dog, a classic teddy bear and a rabbit. Next to this was their shared wardrobe and next to that, was a study desk. Altan rarely used this, preferring the more comfortable area he’d created, but Ada often sat there to revise, as well as having covered it with little trinkets of hers (Altan had positioned his on the top of the bookshelves).

Ada’s desk decorations included a statue of a cat, a painting of her cat she had made and a photograph of her and Altan at the beach. Altan’s ornaments included a small model of a rooster he was given for his 13th birthday, a vase which often contained sea grass or flowers, several rocks, animal bones, feathers and shells he picked up outside, and his harmonica was also displayed there when he wasn’t playing it.

Next to the door, a large tapestry hung. This was made by Altan in his final year of school, as his final project, and is heavily enchanted. It depicts their family minus him, standing on the beach with the sea behind them and the sun above them. He explained it as showing his dream to be able to protect them, as his name means sun, and it is full of charms focusing on protection, love and happiness. The figures move at times, and staying near it tends to imdue someone with feelings of contentment. This tapestry is one of the few things Altan carried with him when he fled the kingdom.

Token Worth: 507 words - 5 tokens
    Previous Responses: one - above
SunnyStreets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:57 am

Username + ID#: WitchHazel [148605]
Kalon Link: Carmen
Chosen Prompt: "What is their favorite scent?"
Prompt Response:

Token Worth: 13 - bust shot [3 tokens], shading bonus [2 tokens], colour bonus [3 tokens], background bonus [5 tokens]
Previous Responses: Let go
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EditMeNot » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:35 am

Username + ID#: EditMeNot 812433
Kalon Link: Orianne
Chosen Prompt: If they could change one thing about themselves, what would it be?
Prompt Response:Her anxiety, probably
Token Worth: 19 tokens
fullbody - 4
shading - 2
color - 3
animation - 5
background - 5
Previous Responses:
Indigo
1) What flower would they use to describe themself as?
2) Who do they admire most?
3) Are there any other sentient races/species?
4) What’s your character's ideal date like?
5) What's a quirk of theirs you'd notice right away, or decently fast?

❤Edit❤
❤she/her | it/its❤
❤Toyhouse❤
❤i'm very anxious please be patient with me ❤
signature+profile pic by me!
ImageImageImageImageImage
EditMeNot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes