CS Items Guide - Help update values - Medieval Faire Tokens

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Items Guide - Help update values - Medieval Faire Tok

Postby SabrinaB » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:12 pm

Low main list seems too low if we consider the numbers.
I would suggest mid main list
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:53 am

Mid main list is fine with me.

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:05 am

Around a mid main list sounds good to me. The map is a single item, but given what people are trading for it, it's likely other items like the cake set, will eventually be moved up anyway. People will also apply their own demand to the map as well. It's not unusual for people to trade for pets on the same tier for more or less than their value because of demand. Therefore I think with each item placement their rarity should be focused on more. Demand, if there is any, will sort itself out.

Years ago I would have mentioned that items don't have much demand, and is still somewhat the case now but there seems to be a big surge of interest in the rarer items both for collection purposes and as commodities. People are actually almost seeing certain items as worthy to be traded for, which is awesome!

Also does this mean that the cooked meat would be on a similar tier?
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:09 pm

We don't know how many Cooked Meat there are. Cooked Meat is not as popular as Map either I don't think. I did a quick search of this thread for Cooked Meat trades, and not a single one was offered a main list pet for it, so I don't feel it's fair to put it that high. With the map we had multiple sorbet-level offers going out amongst the september list ones so it's much easier to justify its placement there.

Cooked Meat Trade links:
trades/viewtrade.php?id=69760305&userid=141478&signature=ZbzMShvmAAo-suvZlV4psA - advent
trades/viewtrade.php?id=68845482&userid=797844&signature=7iGA3NO36IK267WnPfnAxA - 09 rare
trades/viewtrade.php?id=58557687&userid=218980&signature=FKO9HPDikjLs_tT9oV7n2Q - VR
trades/viewtrade.php?id=70186117&userid=174663&signature=MgWLTZAmtsmt0q7ueWmI9A - september list
trades/viewtrade.php?id=70651138&userid=46911&signature=r24XxDSrc8M3x1aUaKrV0A - advent/sept list (hard to say as there's also a red santa jacket)
trades/viewtrade.php?id=74137236&userid=261955&signature=WgraZ6t9lq_Y-1nfMhVogw - adds up to advent/sept list?

(let me know if I missed any links, I may have accidentally closed a tab while compiling these)
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:20 pm

To be entirely honest, demand takes a huge toll on the cooked meat, and I have offered main lists for it in the past with all being cancelled. It’s an extremely hard item to come by, and to me, even more so than the map. I actively search for medieval faire tokens and it’s been nearly impossible for me to find any. I wish I had trades to prove it but I’ve since lost them.

If we don’t have valid trade evidence to place the cooked meat yet, then I think we should hold off??? Again, they are being discussed on this page so people are scrambling to underpay before they are placed. We shouldn’t let that take reign.

(fake out)

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:35 pm

I another issue with placing these items on the main list is, would people trade Scarves (low main list) and retired Store Xmas decos (also list items) for them? Because there are probably very few of those items as well, especially since the oldest of the store pets (which would have been bought more than items and were available longer) has gone OMGSR (bunny wasn't it?)
How does Cooked Meat stack up against those items?
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:39 pm

That shouldn’t hold us back from placing the items where they belong, instead that proves that this list needs major revamping. I would value the meat at the same placement as the map, which isn’t close to either of those sets. We have also made a clear distinction between sets and single items.

I’ve seen more scarves than cooked meat and maps, personally, and I avidly search for both.

(fake out)

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:52 pm

Animall wrote:That shouldn’t hold us back from placing the items where they belong, instead that proves that this list needs major revamping. I would value the meat at the same placement as the map, which isn’t close to either of those sets. We have also made a clear distinction between sets and single items.

I’ve seen more scarves than cooked meat and maps, personally, and I avidly search for both.

I agree with Animall. Because I also am having major trouble finding cooked meat. It’s nearly impossible to find any that’s actually for trade! I have only seen very few cooked meat in locked accounts in the past month? And fewer for trade.

Eevee / Formerly Bleedingjay
looking to complete
my item collection. Any wl
items are greatly appreciated.
currently looking for dreamies:
pps malk dragon, td coontail, ba and bmd
I hoard B&W border collies and Grey Border Collies.
Please trade me them!

Eevee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:12 pm

Why would you say it proves the list needs major revamping? The scarves were only revalued last month.
They were valued primarily based on trade links, which isn't something we're looking at doing for the cooked meat. Is that an inconsistency which will become a problem, or is it acceptable for these items that are very hard to find and thus we don't really have many trade links to share?
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:24 pm

Solloby wrote:Why would you say it proves the list needs major revamping? The scarves were only revalued last month.
They were valued primarily based on trade links, which isn't something we're looking at doing for the cooked meat. Is that an inconsistency which will become a problem, or is it acceptable for these items that are very hard to find and thus we don't really have many trade links to share?

Well, how long ago were the trades? Personally, I don't think the meat should be valued as high as the map, but I'm curious about how recent the trades are, because I do admit that I haven't seen many trades for the meat.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes