The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Postby Aerospiders » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:48 pm

trades/viewtrade.php?id=110165482&userid=891919&signature=JvBeMSWQEZjyumk2UIUl9Q
Hello!! can I get some thoughts on this? they sent me this trade for this month's pets and I accepted it without really thinking at first and I just wanna make sure this wasn't unfair to them or anything. Should I give them their pets back? I noticed their trading rules mention they go by the 2:1 rule but i'm not quite sure what that is or if that applies to this trade, just wanted to make sure this wasn't unfair on their end!
Jay ☢ mega nerd ☢ punk + metalhead ☢ honorary emo
Last.FM Listography
Image ImageImageImage Image Image
♫ "Stand and Deliver, your money or your life!" ♫

STAMP CRED IN ORDER: Nelkoreth, RetroSoulGirl, KikiLime, dA--bogeyman, G0REH0UND, TimeyMarey007
Aerospiders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wysterinka » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:35 am

first trade - your side would be 1.8n and top side is 2n, it's likely overpay due to 50% being C$. Joker bun is not too hard to trade off, tho it does have lower demand, but nick unicorn is about same imo.

second trade - is exactly 10 MA on your side (tho Kitsune and red rose have good demand and can go higher), but zebra will take pretty long to trade down as the demand is not very strong.

My character Rose^
Wysterinka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nikki6Ashba » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:51 am

Nikki6Ashba wrote:I'm not super keen on trading the foxes, but would this be fair?
trades/viewtrade.php?id=110146551&userid=26705&signature=c5xTZA9HoIZ-qR0WqDnu6A

Art and design commisions are currently open for USD, for price quotes and intrest, message me on discord(Nikki6Ashba#6239)

CS Doodle commissions found here ^^

Pronouns-He/Him My WME-
-My DA-My Khims

Nikki6Ashba

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruby-Love » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:05 am

trades/viewtrade.php?id=110169266&userid=754065&signature=v8uoP94B85z_qVZ6naid8w

I need multiple pairs of eyes, I'm lost and trying to figure out how this works
Ruby-Love

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:15 am

I believe per Horror's guide, this is slightly unfair to the Dragon PPS, which can trade for up to 1.5 non. Your side of the trade is worth about 1.3 - 1.4 non (Cake Dog - 2 MA, TD Target Dog 3 MA, TD MA 1.5 MA, Phoenix Dog 1 MA, Corgi 1.5 MA, 2015 Store Deer 1 MA, Red Panda 1 MA, Manticore Lion 0.5 MA, 1 MA, Tiger PPS ~1MA). So it's a bit lower in straight up value, but there are some really nice, high demand, tradeable pets on your side, so the quantity and this fact might make up for the difference to your trading partner.

Aerospiders wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=110165482&userid=891919&signature=JvBeMSWQEZjyumk2UIUl9Q
Hello!! can I get some thoughts on this? they sent me this trade for this month's pets and I accepted it without really thinking at first and I just wanna make sure this wasn't unfair to them or anything. Should I give them their pets back? I noticed their trading rules mention they go by the 2:1 rule but i'm not quite sure what that is or if that applies to this trade, just wanted to make sure this wasn't unfair on their end!

Hi Aero! I don't believe the 2:1 rule applies here—that usually applies to trading across years or different rarities.

Trading pets of unkown rarity, and growing ones to boot, is mostly guesswork in terms of fairness. We don't know yet exactly how many outcomes there are in the pony litter left to grow to their teen stage. We don't know if any of the current teen stage ponies might split off into two adult outcomes. We can make educated guesses, but this is why a lot of people (myself included) won't trade still growing pets.

I want to venture a guess and say your trading partner knowingly traded two outcomes they seem to have repeats of for your still newborn outcome since they didn't have any newborn ponies left, but there's another outcome coming. Knowing it's hard to trade for still growing pets, they likely meant to sweeten the offer by trading two of their ponies for one of yours.

It's hard to say whether it was fair or unfair till after these pets earn their rarities... it could be that your pony ends up being a rare outcome and theirs are common or very common outcomes, in which case, the trade would end up being unfair to you. But that's the gamble you take trading pets before they grow and earn their rarities.

Nikki6Ashba wrote:I'm not super keen on trading the foxes, but would this be fair?
trades/viewtrade.php?id=110146551&userid=26705&signature=c5xTZA9HoIZ-qR0WqDnu6A

Rarity-wise, they are overpaying. However, the foxes have better demand than most of the old rare pets they are offering, perhaps excepting the bunny. The ferret dog especially doesn't trade super well in my experience.

It's a good trade if you're seeking the pets on their side and willing to part with the foxes. But if you're not keen on trading the foxes off, don't c: It's okay to hang on to pets even when you get an offer that is fair according to site standards due to personal preference; that's part of the game!
Last edited by daybreak. on Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wysterinka » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:25 am

alleyway wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=110171369&userid=650773&signature=0jySZnil5U7422N6LP8aSA

thoughts?

Idk I counted exactly 15MA on bottom side, included the TD's value and rainbow corgi which is 2MA. Value fits for the dragon, however I think bulk is better and also has better demand :)

My character Rose^
Wysterinka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Audrey_Bee » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:32 am

Wysterinka wrote:
alleyway wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=110171369&userid=650773&signature=0jySZnil5U7422N6LP8aSA

thoughts?

Idk I counted exactly 15MA on bottom side, included the TD's value and rainbow corgi which is 2MA. Value fits for the dragon, however I think bulk is better and also has better demand :)

You know what, I completely forgot about the rainbow corgi being 2MA, I was trying to offer overpay for bulk lol 😬👉🏻👈🏻
Audrey_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:36 am

Audrey_Bee wrote:You know what, I completely forgot about the rainbow corgi being 2MA, I was trying to offer overpay for bulk lol 😬👉🏻👈🏻

To be fair, I wasn't sure how to account for TD value of cake dog, and followed Horror's guide 1.5 MA value for corgis. Naturally, some values fluctuate a bit user to user; I've noticed certain store pets tend to be valued higher than what's in the guide, especially in offsite trades c;
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me