Returning to CS has shown how the bad the trade system is.

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Returning to CS has shown how the bad the trade system i

Postby Inactive. » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:18 am

ButterflyChaser wrote:I have another pet peeve

At this point I am seriously wondering if people who post on the trade forum are seriously looking for pets on their wishlist or are they just posting for the sake of showing off what they do have?

Maybe I mistake wishlisted pet = a pet the member wants.

I get a lot of sitting and cancelled trades.

‐‐---

Update, we did settle on a trade. (The vent I made in the previous edit) I had another pet they wanted more and I helped them achieve a dream.

I wonder the same thing. Alot of people posting wanting trades ignore and dont have the dignity to cancel if their not interested. I try to get to every trade I get, I know sometimes they sit/are forgotten, but the amount of people who actively ignore trades for days is just not a great feeling. It doesnt take much to cancel
Pet's name: open to offers!.
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
The Weeping Angel you called ugly? She can't look at herself in the mirror. See that unemotional Cybermen? He used to be one of us. The Oods you make fun of? They get treated as slaves everyday. That lady you called crazy? She knows all of time and space. See the weird man with the bowtie and the fez? He's the loneliest man in the universe. Put this in your signature if you're against bullying in the Space-Time Continuum.
Inactive.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RavingRaven » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:25 am

Hi!

I completely agree. My pet peeve is that I only get trades for unknowns or swaps. I make it known that I am looking for WL, and those who have "specific" pets I am looking for in their groups, they let me trade rot or say that the pet is too special for them to give up, no matter how much I offer/make it fair. Don't put a pet UFT then ignore all the offers/suggestions:/

I already responded to a different thread of yours but since we are all here, I'd like to join in again.

I have been a member since 2013, and demand/values have changed a lot. Understanding values these days just don't make sense anymore and I feel like most players just put there own demand on pets now making it impossible to collect. While it's not about forcing or scamming others into giving you what you want, it's about following the pets values. I had a "drink me" dog worth 6 nons (whatever that means), and I offered it for a pet lower than it's demand and it got cancelled because they valued it at "6.5 nons". I honestly would rather them just say they like the pet and don't want to trade it... Putting high demand pets into your FT group asking for fair trades but then cancelling the ones that are don't make sense to me.

If you value your pet and it's VHTTF, you might as well put it away in your locked groups, cause from my experience, WL and fair trades aren't enough for high demand pets. Everyone wants more than what it's worth (which is understandable, I do the same) but don't lie and say that the pet has been VALUED that by CS.

Another thing, I learned 100 09 Rares= 1 non. How does any new player achieve that? In all the years I've played, I have never made that many. The system now is definitely based on virtual currency like C$ and gems, and like most of us, we cannot afford to spend hundreds of dollars for a pet worth 1 non. While I agree that this is made as a children's game, I feel as though rules of the system are never followed and understanding value is never taught. It only teaches kids that asking more for something is better. While I cannot change the system myself, this is just my opinion on the matter. I still enjoy trading and playing this game, but I feel bad for new users. The only way to really gain pets is through adopting and generous gifters.

I was gifted a BMD back in 2014, while I do not have it anymore, I regret ever letting it go, cause you will probably never find such a kind user again, or someone willing to trade it fairly. It is definitely a tough game to follow, and I hope one day, every user will be able to experience pets that they want.
Last edited by hellevi on Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please use the edit post feature rather than double-posting
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 25 people.
I have received 24 gifts.
I have nuked 1 people.
I have received 0 nukes.

RavingRaven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inactive. » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:33 am

Freyjafredydog wrote:Hi!

I already responded to a different thread of yours but since we are all here, I'd like to join in again.

I have been a member since 2013, and demand/values have changed a lot. Understanding values these days just don't make sense anymore and I feel like most players just put there own demand on pets now making it impossible to collect. While it's not about forcing or scamming others into giving you what you want, it's about following the pets values. I had a "drink me" dog worth 6 nons (whatever that means), and I offered it for a pet lower than it's demand and it got cancelled because they valued it at "6.5 nons". I honestly would rather them just say they like the pet and don't want to trade it... Putting high demand pets into your FT group asking for fair trades but then cancelling the ones that are don't make sense to me.

If you value your pet and it's VHTTF, you might as well put it away in your locked groups, cause from my experience, WL and fair trades aren't enough for high demand pets. Everyone wants more than what it's worth (which is understandable, I do the same) but don't lie and say that the pet has been VALUED that by CS.

Another thing, I learned 100 09 Rares= 1 non. How does any new player achieve that? In all the years I've played, I have never made that many. The system now is definitely based on virtual currency like C$ and gems, and like most of us, we cannot afford to spend hundreds of dollars for a pet worth 1 non. While I agree that this is made as a children's game, I feel as though rules of the system are never followed and understanding value is never taught. It only teaches kids that asking more for something is better. While I cannot change the system myself, this is just my opinion on the matter. I still enjoy trading and playing this game, but I feel bad for new users. The only way to really gain pets is through adopting and generous gifters.

I was gifted a BMD back in 2014, while I do not have it anymore, I regret ever letting it go, cause you will probably never find such a kind user again, or someone willing to trade it fairly. It is definitely a tough game to follow, and I hope one day, every user will be able to experience pets that they want.

Thanks for adding your insight! I really empathize with alot of what you've said.

Re. the current 'value' system, it gets even worse lol. The skelebun is worth up to 15-16 'nons' currently.

Its frustrating as I made a effort to learn the new 'system' but as you said. People value their pets differently. It makes it near impossible to find common ground trading, and people consistently prefer to cancel rather than negotiate a trade. I understand not being interested in a pet, and it doesn't take much to say 'Ive had a look at what you have and nothing catches my eye'. People rather cancel stating 'unfair to me' without even considering editing/negotiating a trade.

And you can't even learn beyond the current 'system' in a way to make trades more consistent, because again, as you said. Everyone values everything differently.

Its really tiring, and not as fun. Especially when people mark pets 'VHTTF' instead of locking them as you said. If the pet is up for trade, and you have put it in a unlocked group, you can't demand more than its value just because you personally like the pet.

Thanks again for adding your thoughts to the discussion x
The Weeping Angel you called ugly? She can't look at herself in the mirror. See that unemotional Cybermen? He used to be one of us. The Oods you make fun of? They get treated as slaves everyday. That lady you called crazy? She knows all of time and space. See the weird man with the bowtie and the fez? He's the loneliest man in the universe. Put this in your signature if you're against bullying in the Space-Time Continuum.
Inactive.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:52 am

Yeah I am guilty of letting trades sit as well. it stems from the feeling of I really want the pet or item they are offering but they asked for a pet or item I only have one of, even if it is low value, or the trade is unmatched by year or personal preferences. Generally I am less picky about the year rule, but I do draw a fuzzy line when what is offered is something after 2019 and they want something before, say 2015.

I'm trying to get better at this and I did comb through my trades cancelling those trades with a message thanking them for offering but the reason I could not accept it in time. I also try to edit trades, but it gets frustrating when I can't find something fair to take from them in relation to what they want from me.
I do put favored pets in locked groups. I wish I could do this with items, short of using them.

Another pet peeve is when I see low value pets locked "wishlist only" and the only pets on their wishlist are rares or vr +. I can't make a fair trade on that and I generally don't do bulk trades, so I leave without making a trade offer. I understand people do this to make it easy to snap rares from the pound, but keep in mind if you do this, it makes trading more difficult.
My personal preference is to receive pets on my wishlist and offer pets on the partner's wishlist. if a pet I have is not on their wishlist, I typically don't offer it. Also I look to see if they have duplicates. I generally don't bother to request pets I don't see duplicates, unless they are clearly marked for trade.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inactive. » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:56 am

ButterflyChaser wrote:Yeah I am guilty of letting trades sit as well. it stems from the feeling of I really want the pet or item they are offering but they asked for a pet or item I only have one of, even if it is low value, or the trade is unmatched by year or personal preferences. Generally I am less picky about the year rule, but I do draw a fuzzy line when what is offered is something after 2019 and they want something before, say 2015.

I'm trying to get better at this and I did comb through my trades cancelling those trades with a message thanking them for offering but the reason I could not accept it in time. I also try to edit trades, but it gets frustrating when I can't find something fair to take from them in relation to what they want from me.
I do put favored pets in locked groups. I wish I could do this with items, short of using them.

Another pet peeve is when I see low value pets locked "wishlist only" and the only pets on their wishlist are rares or vr +. I can't make a fair trade on that and I generally don't do bulk trades, so I leave without making a trade offer. I understand people do this to make it easy to snap rares from the pound, but keep in mind if you do this, it makes trading more difficult.
My personal preference is to receive pets on my wishlist and offer pets on the partner's wishlist. if a pet I have is not on their wishlist, I typically don't offer it. Also I look to see if they have duplicates. I generally don't bother to request pets I don't see duplicates, unless they are clearly marked for trade.

Oh no I totally agree, I'm not sinlesss, I've let trades sit by mistake, normally for me its because I am interested, but know i need to edit it and dont always have the time when i get the trade initially and it slips my mind. To clarify my point I more mean people who are posting consistently in the LF Trades forum and then never respond to the trades sent to them.
Inactive.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:04 am

Yeah it does get tiring. I gather a lot of people are holding their trades looking for the best offer, but it would be nice if they stated this on their first post or said so in a message.

Depending on my mood I will either cancel the trade with a message like "I gather you aren't interested." or hang onto it for a little longer. I prefer a polite approach with all my trades, either when I accept or cancel. I will start my cancel message with a thank you for offering or taking their time or for their patience.

What does surprise me is when I offer gifts and the partner lets it sit. I found out one of the last people don't like gifts, but they made no previous mention of this, so I had no clue at the time.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroraFier » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:06 am

I started playing CS in January and the trading system is horrible! Finding help is almost impossible a majority of the time due to how trades work. I understand a slight variation in worth due to preference/demand for Very Rare pets and higher. I don't understand the whole ma, non, etc. stuff. I like the new rarity update but it's definitely made trading even harder for uncommon and below pets.

Having all pets locked for wishlist isn't a big problem, as long as your wishlist doesn't consist of mainly rare pets. It's gotten to a point where I've almost completely stopped sending out trades. It's bothersome when people have seeking wl and then just let trades sit for weeks. When I get a trade I want to think about or get help with, actually send the player a pm letting them know. That way they don't think I'm ignoring their trade. ^-^ I prefer to only offer wishlist pets for wishlist pets. Same rarity/year whenever possible. I understand like a pet/outcome so much you want to hoard as many as possible, but it makes it a thousand times harder for newer players to get wishlist pets. Especially rare ones.
🏳️‍🌈 Love Is Love 🏳️‍🌈
AuroraFier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:36 am

ButterflyChaser wrote:

I really want to have multiple wishlist for this reason. People can have separate hidden wishlist that are for pound openings only, hoards, or whatever they want. I tend to not offer to someone if I don't have a wishlist equivalent.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bubblegumjello » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:24 am

yep i came back after leaving in like 2018 and trading is SO HARD. all of my rares+ trades are exclusively offsite (flight rising) due to this. i would rather have a set price instead of trying to do equations to figure out what pet is worth what. my other trades are basically 1:1 trades because everything is so confusing. and don’t even get me started about items :(

at the same time, i still get stuck with the same issue. people doing offsite trades have wildly different values/pricing and its difficult to know if i am overpaying. i still have to use the “new” rares list to gauge payment when i don’t even understand it. tldr everything is confusing but oh well
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxme:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx☆ she/her ☆adult Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxanime & games Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcurrent:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx☆ game: fortnite Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ☆ one piece! corazon Image
cs:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
☆ goal: complete collection Image
tradesoffsite trades Image
☆ favorite species: bunny Image
☆ cs discord Image
☆ pixels credit here Image
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bubblegumjello

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowKatto » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:40 am

While we’re still on the topic of letting trades sit, I just wanted to say that I’m guilty of it too, unfortunately. I get too nervous to cancel trades because I want to be polite and I don’t know what to say when I cancel them.
June is Scoliosis Awareness Month! :mrgreen:

Pet's name: Pro-Spr
Pet's name: Kai (海)
Pet's name: Literally me
Happy pride month btw! :3
ShadowKatto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups