May 2020 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: May 2020 Discussion Thread

Postby Windi_1 » Sun May 31, 2020 11:34 am

Devik wrote:
Tea.Time wrote:
Devik wrote:Ornamented Penguin Horse Litter - my guesses (skip)

you'ree good at this 6 6

It's not me, it's the artist and the amount of their hard work on all the little details of the particular animal that enables me to identify some of them ^^

I was the one to say that they were ornamental penguin horses. :-)
Windi_1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sun May 31, 2020 1:03 pm

Oh my goodness, I haven't had much time for CS the last few months due to real life, just logged in to get my monthly pets before it's too late and almost fell off my seat when I saw a Mountain Zebra foal in my horse litter! In 9 years of playing this is the first time I've had one of the '09 zebras I've adopted myself :D

Also just wanted to say I love the dragons!

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King Scotty » Sun May 31, 2020 3:50 pm

lil rascal wrote:Oh my goodness, I haven't had much time for CS the last few months due to real life, just logged in to get my monthly pets before it's too late and almost fell off my seat when I saw a Mountain Zebra foal in my horse litter! In 9 years of playing this is the first time I've had one of the '09 zebras I've adopted myself :D

Also just wanted to say I love the dragons!

whoa-- grats!!!

Edit:
what a great month of unique and beautifully designed CS pets!

PB&J 2d gen pups; western dragons (with PPS, EPPS, and EEPPS outcomes), red velvet doggos, pastel soda pop ponies, royal and oranje bws, decorative penguin horsies, the good -n- plenty deers, heavenly hash pups, tabby kitties, plus the rocky flower rattos!

thank you Artists,
i love them all!

**[my descriptions don't necessarily match those of the artists :lol: ]
Last edited by Zeena on Sun May 31, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please edit your post instead of double posting
TEAM JEMIMA
Green Smoothie Cabin!
King Scotty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Devik » Sun May 31, 2020 8:58 pm

And the last one - probably a Starry Erect-crested Penguin Horse: Image.

Edit:
Windi_1 wrote:
Devik wrote:
Tea.Time wrote: you'ree good at this 6 6

It's not me, it's the artist and the amount of their hard work on all the little details of the particular animal that enables me to identify some of them ^^

I think Tea.Time was reffering to the identification of the penguin species, not the 'Ornamented / Ornamental Penguin Litter' nickname of the litter ^^"
Devik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hamlet » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:40 am

The Prince of Denmark wrote:♛ they/them
♛ butchfurby#1998
CS Discord Server
trade thread

poly | lance |bas
Hamlet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tea.Time » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:12 pm

Devik wrote:And the last one - probably a Starry Erect-crested Penguin Horse: Image.

Edit:
Windi_1 wrote:
Devik wrote:

I think Tea.Time was reffering to the identification of the penguin species, not the 'Ornamented / Ornamental Penguin Litter' nickname of the litter ^^"

good guess =3 also I was actually talking about the guess for what the horse was what penguin ^ ^ Edit: tho I am glad you appreciate my work Devik =]
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I will do off site Trading for Aywas [items and or gp]
ImageImageImage
(#12) ..-
Tea.Time
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AdamJ » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:54 am

ZΕL wrote:
PeriwinklePeacock wrote:what is the big deal with dragon litters?

They're very uncommon among our monthly releases. The "hatchery" tab of our adopts page is shared between chickens, chameleons, western dragons and eastern dragons, and we typically only tend to get a single hatchery litter a month. Chickens are the most frequent species to get releases, followed by chameleons. The dragons get released less often, so people tend to be excited when we get a new monthly litter.

A lot of it has to do with lineart availability - very few artists have the dragon linearts, so there's not a lot of them able to make dragon litters in the first place. In the case of the western dragons, the only artists who have designed outcomes so far are Lilian Nightshade (who made the lines), Saikiyo, Swiftalu and Tess. Saik and Lilian are the only frequent artists for this lineart.

Apart from that, there's also just something nice about having dragons be a little bit more special outside of events :)

The bit Saikiyo said about pulling tricks, on the other hand, is just because they have a habit of pulling pranks on us with their growths :P Just reassurance that we don't have to scrutinize these ones too hard.

way late but i was always curious if she made them or not, it really looks like her style (the shading and all that) thank you!

Discord | DragC | About Me | ©

⇜◦ ◅☣▻ ◦⇝

I'm Adam Joseph
u can call me Joe.... momma
Been playing off and on since 2013
dms are open
trades are open
I own 3 dogs. they are my world

AdamJ

My pets
My items
My wishlist