CS Items Guide - Help update values - Medieval Faire Tokens

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Items Guide - Help update values - Medieval Faire Tok

Postby frank ocean » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:46 am

ImogenEquine wrote:I am trying to find the 'brown eye contacts' in the archives to add them to my wish list - can someone please tell me when they are from?
(I hope I am okay to ask this here)

if you're referring to these;

they can be found in january 2013! :>
xx
┌───────────────────────┐
-
o𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒍┄┄┄┄┄┄
o𝐃x𝐎x𝐖x𝐍x𝐇x𝐈x𝐋x𝐋
o━━━━━━━━━━━━
odom | he/him
oadult | gay
o┄┄┄┄┄┄
olast.fm | rym | fr
o━━━━━━━━━━━━
o┄┄┄┄𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆

└───────────────────────┘
frank ocean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:50 am

SabrinaB wrote:Hi eveyone,

This thread needs a serious update, but sadly i cant do it myself.
I have been dealing with a depression for a while. My father passed a few months ago, making my depression a lot worse.

Long story short, i need someone to take over who can put time and energy in this.
Pm me if you want to do it.

I'm sorry to hear your situation and I hope you can find help for what you need in your life. I would b happy to take it over but I am working on my own item guide. I hope this guide doesn't fall apart though. We need more than one guide as having just one is not good, as seen by the old list pet thread. Whoever does take it over I can help a bit when I have time.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby morax » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:49 am

we don’t need more than one guide. eventually, the “duplicates” die out . that is why a well maintained and communicative thread such as gay’s item list has the most attention out of all of them, and is probably the best advocate when it comes to finding out what your item is truly worth.

i’m not gonna follow a guide that contains some opinions from people who want to look at a legitimately valuable item and say “noo that’s too much. get realistic man! nobody’s gonna pay that for your crap, so just take what i’ve put here to offer.” to a valuable token. I’m gonna follow a guide that has statistics of circulation, hardiness, and quantity + many more factors.

not a good reference to reference the old list, either. the old list fell apart because it had values from 2013 still sitting there, and it was pick and choose on who got a good or new value because of appearance / species, etc. there’s no way in hell the black dutch bun is actually worth one mid advent despite its VR change and hardiness to find. that’s just one example… i could go on.

to sabrina, i am very sorry that you are dealing with a ton of stuff and i hope things better become better for you, best wishes
morax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:52 am

morax wrote:we don’t need more than one guide. eventually, the “duplicates” die out . that is why a well maintained and communicative thread such as gay’s item list has the most attention out of all of them, and is probably the best advocate when it comes to finding out what your item is truly worth.

i’m not gonna follow a guide that contains some opinions from people who want to look at a legitimately valuable item and say “noo that’s too much. get realistic man! nobody’s gonna pay that for your crap, so just take what i’ve put here to offer.” to a valuable token. I’m gonna follow a guide that has statistics of circulation, hardiness, and quantity + many more factors.

not a good reference to reference the old list, either. the old list fell apart because it had values from 2013 still sitting there, and it was pick and choose on who got a good or new value because of appearance / species, etc. there’s no way in hell the black dutch bun is actually worth one mid advent despite its VR change and hardiness to find. that’s just one example… i could go on.

Then we can agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:43 am

There are many factors to keep in mind when making a list with what items are worth.
Like demand, value, circulation, etc.
It's possible to count every single pet on CS by their ID numbers, but items don't have an ID, so we don't know how many there are.
The only way is to check every member's item collection and pets, which is impossible. The collections of quit users don't count into rarity, but we don't know how long they have to be inactive to be considered as quit.

Demand is also very diffrent than value. Because people pay something for it doesn't mean it's worth it. Look at the shima longtail, it's not worth that much, but it can go for it. That doesn't change the value, it only chances the price people are willing to pay for it.

Since this is very outdated I don't really mind if people make a new one or want to take over.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Windi_1 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:07 am

I like the idea and fact that we have more than one of these. Atm, I'm having a hard time finding out what the animal eggs are worth... ALL of them. We don't have an item value thread with all of the eggs or groups of them that pertain to each year.
Windi_1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teddy » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:27 am

Windi_1 wrote:I like the idea and fact that we have more than one of these. Atm, I'm having a hard time finding out what the animal eggs are worth... ALL of them. We don't have an item value thread with all of the eggs or groups of them that pertain to each year.

i personally believe that wouldn't be very useful, since every animal egg besides 1-12 is just worth an uncommon from the same year.
Last edited by teddy on Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
teddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:38 am

I actually dont agree with that.
In time, more people join and items get older.
They dont get re-released, so their value increases, while the pets stay about the same.
Eggs 5 and up cant be woth an uncommon of its release year, that has been for a few years now. They cant still be worth the same and back then.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teddy » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:04 am

SabrinaB wrote:I actually dont agree with that.
In time, more people join and items get older.
They dont get re-released, so their value increases, while the pets stay about the same.
Eggs 5 and up cant be woth an uncommon of its release year, that has been for a few years now. They cant still be worth the same and back then.

sorry- i meant animal eggs 1-12. 5-12 should be somewhere from a '10-'09 rare imo
teddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:03 am

marking <3

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist