GH Litter Discussion Thread 2018

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter Discussion Thread 2018

Postby Celozon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:14 am

Wanted to throw this out here again. My cat could grow any day now, and there aren't many left, it shouldn't be difficult to figure out which is mine! I'll be happy to confirm if my hint can be guessed correctly.

Celozon wrote:Also wanted to remind you all that one of my hints still needs solving as well! You all already found it, just need to figure out what it means. I will tell you that you are /not/ looking for a word. It is something else, but will lead you to the final clue.

It was guessed that this clue might be some sort of code, and that would be correct. But you'll still need to decode it to find the final hint!
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:16 am

Celozon wrote:Wanted to throw this out here again. My cat could grow any day now, and there aren't many left, it shouldn't be difficult to figure out which is mine! I'll be happy to confirm if my hint can be guessed correctly.

Celozon wrote:Also wanted to remind you all that one of my hints still needs solving as well! You all already found it, just need to figure out what it means. I will tell you that you are /not/ looking for a word. It is something else, but will lead you to the final clue.

It was guessed that this clue might be some sort of code, and that would be correct. But you'll still need to decode it to find the final hint!

If its not a word whats the grave accent for? The ` if anyone's confused by that term. I looked it up and it only seems to be used for words.
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:18 am

Eaglespirit wrote:
Celozon wrote:Wanted to throw this out here again. My cat could grow any day now, and there aren't many left, it shouldn't be difficult to figure out which is mine! I'll be happy to confirm if my hint can be guessed correctly.

If its not a word whats the grave accent for? The ` if anyone's confused by that term. I looked it up and it only seems to be used for words.

It probably decodes to something else. I was trying to decode the string with ASCII a few days ago, although I didn't really end up with anything useful enough to post.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/ANY ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    FIXATIONS: Dinosaurs - Sonicxxx
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:45 am

Pyromaniacal wrote:
Eaglespirit wrote:If its not a word whats the grave accent for? The ` if anyone's confused by that term. I looked it up and it only seems to be used for words.

It probably decodes to something else. I was trying to decode the string with ASCII a few days ago, although I didn't really end up with anything useful enough to post.

Yes, as Pyro said, it'll decode into something else. Codes typically replace the actual information with other information;

Code is a system of rules to convert information—such as a letter, word, sound, image, or gesture—into another form or representation

Even say, Morse code. It takes letters, and translates those into a series of dashes and dots. If you don't know Morse code, it might as well be written in another language. If you wanted to translate a code, you'd need to have the key, basically a cheat sheet on how it was encoded. For example, with Morse code, it would show you which combinations of dashes and dots are equivalent to which letter. You won't need to do anything that complex with this one, but thats how codes work.

So thats what this is. Its the actual letters and/or numbers encoded so that you can't tell what it means without finding the key used to encode it. Pyro, you're on the right track, just need to find the right key.It might not be immediately identifiable, so be careful about dismissing anything too early!
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dancing.cinnamon~ » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:49 am

Okay, whoevers this is, I love it!
“ appa, yip yip “
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
█ | she/her
█ | music
█ | anime
Dancing.cinnamon~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:21 am

Just for the heck of it i looked up that ACII thing that pyro was talking about and i found a table of numbers and such that each letter and symbol means, it also included Hex as well.

> ~ , " " " ; ~ ~
ACII: 62 126 44 34 34 34 59 126 126
Hex: 3E 7E 2C 22 22 22 3B 3E 3E

b f e g e ` d
ACII: 98 102 101 103 101 96 100
Hex: 62 66 65 67 65 60 64

But of course i have no real idea how to work with this and i could very well just be saying something completely useless, lol! And then there's that whole "4th" thing. *dizzy*
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chickpea » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:42 am

CompleteChicken wrote:Image

Oh wow it's beautiful??!
I was not expecting this cat to be so epic??

hey he changed
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashki » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:07 am

Hey friends! I haven't really been providing any hints because I'm 99% sure you will all know which outcome is mine as soon as it grows (: Hope everyone is enjoying the litter!
xxxxx
x
x
x

Hello, I'm Ashki!
PMs are always open ♥

frfttfaqget helphoards

Ashki
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Monomares » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:33 am

The decoder I randomly tried decoded "bfege`d" into "my". Coincidence?
Monomares

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:52 am

Bumblebee, wrote:
Javin wrote:-snip-

There are several different (depending on the area and the tribe) American Indian myths about ravens - tricksters - which tell of them stealing fire to release light back into the world during a time of darkness, and also releasing the sun, moon and stars back into the sky.
I can't remember the exact details of the legend, but it's something like this: The raven was once white with a beautiful song, but his feathers were singed black, and his voice burned to a croak, when he stole the sun from the place where an angry god had imprisoned it, and released it back into the sky. He returned the moon and the stars to the heavens, and his tears formed the rivers and the oceans...

I think I found what you are referring to;
    This is taken directly from Wikipedia;

"Long ago, near the beginning of the world, Gray Eagle was the guardian of the Sun, Moon and Stars, of fresh water, and of fire. Gray Eagle hated people so much that he kept these things hidden. People lived in darkness, without fire and without fresh water.
    Gray Eagle had a beautiful daughter, and Raven fell in love with her. In the beginning, Raven was a snow-white bird, and as a such, he pleased Gray Eagle's daughter. She invited him to her father's longhouse.

When Raven saw the Sun, Moon and stars, and fresh water hanging on the sides of Eagle's lodge, he knew what he should do. He watched for his chance to seize them when no one was looking. He stole all of them, and a brand of fire also, and flew out of the longhouse through the smoke hole. As soon as Raven got outside he hung the Sun up in the sky. It made so much light that he was able to fly far out to an island in the middle of the ocean. When the Sun set, he fastened the Moon up in the sky and hung the stars around in different places. By this new light he kept on flying, carrying with him the fresh water and the brand of fire he had stolen.

He flew back over the land. When he had reached the right place, he dropped all the water he had stolen. It fell to the ground and there became the source of all the fresh-water streams and lakes in the world. Then Raven flew on, holding the brand of fire in his bill. The smoke from the fire blew back over his white feathers and made them black. When his bill began to burn, he had to drop the firebrand. It struck rocks and hid itself within them. That is why, if you strike two stones together, sparks of fire will drop out.

Raven's feathers never became white again after they were blackened by the smoke from the firebrand. That is why Raven is now a black bird."

I believe this is Lucky's kitty. During the growths, it's wings slowly got darker.

Though, the story does make me think of the shedding kitty.

I will definetly say you have the right idea for the story. My cat does have many stories. If you can my other hints that have already been found and you can figure out their meanings, then I’ll confirm my kitty. Taqlikic is my cat’s name.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌