GH Litter Discussion Thread 2018

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter Discussion Thread 2018

Postby lucky333123 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:45 am

Javin wrote:
lucky333123 wrote:
rubyembers wrote:"I am known to exist from the beginning of time. I come from myth and legend; however I have many stories.
I have been known to chase the sun,
Steal light and release the stars and moon.
I was born of darkness,
but I have brought many things to this world. Who am I?"

Sunshine. (codeword so I can find this again) I am looking everywhere for this omg

Edit: for some reason I think it's maybe the big band related? But I don't about the part about chasing the sun. I found something called "sky wolves" and it directed me to the sun and moon but since they are labeled as something it created, it can't be either. They're named Skoll and Hati. It's not clear which one follows which. Grr... They were born at Ragnorak (not the Thor movie) so the darkness could be that. (Am I close??)

I still think it's to do with the American Indian myths about ravens. Born of darkness (well they are traditionally associated with dark things, and they _are_ the blackest of birds), the trickster raven stole the sun from a malevolent god, and returned the stars and the moon to the sky. In doing so, they lost their beautiful singing voice and their feathers were burned black. Ravens, I tell ya.

You are extremely close. Your other post was even closer :)

Eeeee! Right - what did I say in my other post??[/quote]

You will have to check :)
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fossington » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:51 am

the kitty looks so cute like that I never want it to grow up XD
HI THIS IS A WIP STILL BUT I HAVEN’T BEEN ON THIS SITE IN A FEW YEARS BUT I DECIDED TO COME BACK SO HI!!

I’m Fossy, formerly known as Hamiltonfan12!

She/her!!
Fossington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:20 am

ZΕL wrote:
    Well, you can always dress them up and save the dress-ups :D That way you can keep looking at their kitten selves in the future.

An excellent idea! :D

I kind of tried to come up with the idea that phoenix kitty is just finding out about his powers (thus the little flame on the end of the tail, lol!)
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Monomares » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:31 am

Javin wrote:-snip-

There are several different (depending on the area and the tribe) American Indian myths about ravens - tricksters - which tell of them stealing fire to release light back into the world during a time of darkness, and also releasing the sun, moon and stars back into the sky.
I can't remember the exact details of the legend, but it's something like this: The raven was once white with a beautiful song, but his feathers were singed black, and his voice burned to a croak, when he stole the sun from the place where an angry god had imprisoned it, and released it back into the sky. He returned the moon and the stars to the heavens, and his tears formed the rivers and the oceans...

I think I found what you are referring to;
    This is taken directly from Wikipedia;

"Long ago, near the beginning of the world, Gray Eagle was the guardian of the Sun, Moon and Stars, of fresh water, and of fire. Gray Eagle hated people so much that he kept these things hidden. People lived in darkness, without fire and without fresh water.
    Gray Eagle had a beautiful daughter, and Raven fell in love with her. In the beginning, Raven was a snow-white bird, and as a such, he pleased Gray Eagle's daughter. She invited him to her father's longhouse.

When Raven saw the Sun, Moon and stars, and fresh water hanging on the sides of Eagle's lodge, he knew what he should do. He watched for his chance to seize them when no one was looking. He stole all of them, and a brand of fire also, and flew out of the longhouse through the smoke hole. As soon as Raven got outside he hung the Sun up in the sky. It made so much light that he was able to fly far out to an island in the middle of the ocean. When the Sun set, he fastened the Moon up in the sky and hung the stars around in different places. By this new light he kept on flying, carrying with him the fresh water and the brand of fire he had stolen.

He flew back over the land. When he had reached the right place, he dropped all the water he had stolen. It fell to the ground and there became the source of all the fresh-water streams and lakes in the world. Then Raven flew on, holding the brand of fire in his bill. The smoke from the fire blew back over his white feathers and made them black. When his bill began to burn, he had to drop the firebrand. It struck rocks and hid itself within them. That is why, if you strike two stones together, sparks of fire will drop out.

Raven's feathers never became white again after they were blackened by the smoke from the firebrand. That is why Raven is now a black bird."

I believe this is Lucky's kitty. During the growths, it's wings slowly got darker.

Though, the story does make me think of the shedding kitty.
Monomares

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Senbonzakura » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:54 am

Pet's name: Titania
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

??? Did this change overnight??

Or did it grow too early?

Or?

What happened to this?

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Senbonzakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:55 am

Edmund Blackadder wrote:Image
Pet's name: Titania
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

??? Did this change overnight??

Or did it grow too early?

Or?

What happened to this?

ZΕL wrote:
LufikER wrote:
Hey guys! Cat which grew today was changed! into the still growing position!
They probably skipped this one, mistakenly

Jep, that's exactly what happened^^ The cat was originally supposed to grow into this first, then the other stage afterwards, but there was an accidental mix-up that now got fixed.

Enjoy this little cutie while it lasts ;) You'll have the big one back soon enough :D

;)
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PawzTheDrFoxFan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:39 am

ZΕL wrote:
LufikER wrote:
Hey guys! Cat which grew today was changed! into the still growing position!
They probably skipped this one, mistakenly

Jep, that's exactly what happened^^ The cat was originally supposed to grow into this first, then the other stage afterwards, but there was an accidental mix-up that now got fixed.

Enjoy this little cutie while it lasts ;) You'll have the big one back soon enough :D

OOOOOFFFF reminds me of when I watch the 4th episode of a series first XD
PawzTheDrFoxFan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Javin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:07 am

Bumblebee, wrote:
Javin wrote:-snip-

There are several different (depending on the area and the tribe) American Indian myths about ravens - tricksters - which tell of them stealing fire to release light back into the world during a time of darkness, and also releasing the sun, moon and stars back into the sky.
I can't remember the exact details of the legend, but it's something like this: The raven was once white with a beautiful song, but his feathers were singed black, and his voice burned to a croak, when he stole the sun from the place where an angry god had imprisoned it, and released it back into the sky. He returned the moon and the stars to the heavens, and his tears formed the rivers and the oceans...

I think I found what you are referring to;
    This is taken directly from Wikipedia;

"Long ago, near the beginning of the world, Gray Eagle was the guardian of the Sun, Moon and Stars, of fresh water, and of fire. Gray Eagle hated people so much that he kept these things hidden. People lived in darkness, without fire and without fresh water.
    Gray Eagle had a beautiful daughter, and Raven fell in love with her. In the beginning, Raven was a snow-white bird, and as a such, he pleased Gray Eagle's daughter. She invited him to her father's longhouse.

When Raven saw the Sun, Moon and stars, and fresh water hanging on the sides of Eagle's lodge, he knew what he should do. He watched for his chance to seize them when no one was looking. He stole all of them, and a brand of fire also, and flew out of the longhouse through the smoke hole. As soon as Raven got outside he hung the Sun up in the sky. It made so much light that he was able to fly far out to an island in the middle of the ocean. When the Sun set, he fastened the Moon up in the sky and hung the stars around in different places. By this new light he kept on flying, carrying with him the fresh water and the brand of fire he had stolen.

He flew back over the land. When he had reached the right place, he dropped all the water he had stolen. It fell to the ground and there became the source of all the fresh-water streams and lakes in the world. Then Raven flew on, holding the brand of fire in his bill. The smoke from the fire blew back over his white feathers and made them black. When his bill began to burn, he had to drop the firebrand. It struck rocks and hid itself within them. That is why, if you strike two stones together, sparks of fire will drop out.

Raven's feathers never became white again after they were blackened by the smoke from the firebrand. That is why Raven is now a black bird."

I believe this is Lucky's kitty. During the growths, it's wings slowly got darker.

Though, the story does make me think of the shedding kitty.

That's one of the tales, definitely - and yeah, I mentioned the white raven so maaaaybe a colour change ? :D
Pet's name: The Night Mare
Javin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Monomares » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:01 pm

LufikER wrote: