✨ Trading New OMGSRs Discussion

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you have any general ideas for how OMGSR trading will work now?

I think OMGSRs can reliably swap 1:1 based on rarity alone.
19%
I think OMGSRs should be evaluated based on rarity change history, and those with higher previous rarities should be valued more highly.
14%
I think OMGSRs are all worth roughly the same based on rarity, but should be traded more along the lines of demand.
25%
I think OMGSRs should be evaluated both on rarity change history as well as demand.
40%
I have other thoughts (please feel free to share in the thread!)
1%

Total votes : 424

Re: ✨ Trading New OMGSRs Discussion

Postby Inactive. » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:34 pm

Solloby wrote:Thanks for your input guys!

Lil Rascal, I was imagining more tiers, since I can't imagine many people will want to swap a July 08 for a Sept 08 for example. But the tiers could have smaller gaps between them, like a good quality ER (obviously we'd define what that means exactly). But this is a great discussion point for the community - how many tiers we want, or if we want to do say 3 major tiers each with sub-tiers to provide a little more granularity. I think seeing not all 08 dogs are OMGSRs yet does show date matters a little bit, but perhaps not as much as in the past given that most 08 pets on the site today would be rereleases.

Marmoris I am also interested to know how CS will handle rereleases this year. I for one hope that we get more than 3 pets each.

In regards to pets dropping rarity after the rerelease, if we design our trading framework with cusps and rereleases in mind, and aim for stability, ideally the rerelease shouldn't change the guide, at least not too much (it is the first rerelease since the new rarity change after all). We could incorporate ERs into the guide fluidly so that some tiers will have cusp pets that bob up and down.

re. tiers, I personally think for lower 'lists', there needs to be a minimum of 8 tiers, the old list was 10 tiers, and that had much fewer pets applicable for placements, now we have a huge range of EXR-OMGSR pets that need to fit on it, and having it all in one big block p/tier is going to cause more issues than help.

I think the old 'Rares List' had it right with 3 sub lists. Main/September/Advent. Though i think it easier to refer to them as as TOP/MID/Bottom list.

I believe all advents that are still EXR should be at the top of the 'Mid' list, and the new OMGSR advents should be at the bottom of the new 'main' list. I believe at this point the bottom list would consist mostly of 09-10 EXR's. I do believe most 08 pets will be at the 'Mid list' by now, albeit maybe not all.

If we in a way 'moved up' the pets from the older lists up the tiers, we could do more thorough research on date/value/rarity change/demand to rearrange placements from there.

We will also need to figure out how much demand is going to factor into any future list. I do think it needs to be incorporated. But at the same time I don't think we should incorporate it to its 'fullest'. I.E I would never put a BA as high as 1 Non coon on the list, despite what it is going for. However, I would still consider giving it a higher placement on the lists because it has maintained a consistent demand for over a decade.
Pet's name: open to offers!.
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
The Weeping Angel you called ugly? She can't look at herself in the mirror. See that unemotional Cybermen? He used to be one of us. The Oods you make fun of? They get treated as slaves everyday. That lady you called crazy? She knows all of time and space. See the weird man with the bowtie and the fez? He's the loneliest man in the universe. Put this in your signature if you're against bullying in the Space-Time Continuum.
Inactive.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:18 pm

I wouldn’t mind a tier system where the gaps are measured in Extremely Rares rather than OMGSRs or part thereof (the “non” system). Providing that it doesn’t cumulate in telling people that the highest tier non-store pet is worth 5+ lower OMGSRs. If people want to try to charge 5+ OMGSRs for their (non-store) OMGSRs that’s up to them but I don’t think a guide should be claiming that is fair or reasonable.
(Yes I know this stance means the perceived value of my own account would plummet).

I like Solloby’s idea of scraping what we think we know list wise and the community starting from scratch.
Last edited by lil rascal on Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clayflower. » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:40 pm

Solloby wrote:Sorry if this is confusing, phone posting is hard for me, but I want to get some thoughts down.

6. Advent dogs are likely cusp pets now

7. We as a community need to build a sensible tier list

8. The Non/Sorb/MA/09R system is confusing and wrong

9. ERs need a guide too.

10. Items worth OMGSRs could be included in any new trading framework.

Commenting on some of these! I like the way you broke things down.

6. This is the first time I'm hearing the term "cusp" on the site. Does this mean they're on the cusp of being pushed up in rarity/demand?

7. YES PLEASE!! It was so nice back in the day to have the lists set in stone. As a new player, when I was a teenager, I was able to fully understand the lists and trade my way up. Something like this is honestly needed for CS; easy for all ages to understand and grasp.

8. Agreed. It's becoming a bit ridiculous I'm having to consider things as ".25 MA" ".75 non". I like the measurement of a non personally because that in itself was easy to understand, but I'm so suprised at the fractions we're calculating now.

The term "'09 rare" should not exist anymore, or I guess it simply cannot with the rarity change. Newer players, especially joining since the change, are not even going to have a clue to what it means. So both new and old players alike are going to have to figure something out ^^

9. Here is where I'm going to disagree a little bit! I would like to try and have one list if possible, maybe two. Maybe I'm being too optimistic since theres a lot of pets, and we did have 3 lists before (main, sept, advent), but for the sake of clarity it would be a nice goal to try and achieve!

10. YES!!!! My item knowledge is terrible, would love this to be built into the future system.

trade center
♡ says "dude" too much
♡ DC - Clayflower
♡ M • 2/13/2022

Clayflower.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:21 pm

@Lil Rascal - I agree, we can absolutely design a framework with smaller gaps. I know it will cause a value squish, but the community already did that once after the rares list was ended. So I think they might tolerate another one. CS has been around so long that the values have naturally been squished a bit by the rereleases, I think. I'm glad you like the idea of starting from scratch. This new rarity update is the perfect chance to do that <3

@Clayflower - cusp means the pets are right on the border of two rarity tags. The standard set of mid advent dogs have always been assumed to be the same rarity, but now half are ER and the other half OMGSR. So this suggests we were either wrong about their rarity in the past (unlikely given their rarity history), their rarity has now changed for some unknown reason (a hoarder could be blamed for 1 pet in a litter, but probably not for half a litter), or the pets are on the rarity cusp (most likely, but not necessarily certain).

So let's say 1 - 999 pets is OMGSR, 1000 - 2999 is ER for example (unrealistic numbers, just using them as an example). We might have a litter of dogs we believed to be the same rarity, but they have different rarity tags because there are 997 blue dog (omgsr), 999 grey dog (omgsr), 1000 green dog (er), 1002 red dog (er). So they have different rarity tags, but practically speaking, they are essentially worth the same as there are about the same number of them on the active accounts. This is all based on an assumption of course - we don't know for sure that that's the case, as we have no way of knowing how many of those dogs there actually are.

ERs will almost certainly need to share the guide with OMGSR, I agree. I think we will end up with tiers of mixed high ER/low OMGSR pets, and ones who will fluctuate up and down based on rereleases.

So here's a concept example of what information a new high value pet trading guide might collect and display. The formatting obviously needs a lot of work, but this is just a quick mock up to show what I was thinking about:

Diamond Tier

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

High URs - OMGSR

Pets
Items
C$
Info
Gap
Trades ....
UR Fluffy, UR Fluffless, Sparkle Sparkle Dog, Pumpernickel Dog
Cardboard Box Set
C$ 2500 - 3000
Pet Rarity & Demand Information
Pets within this tier trade equally, or with a maximum gap of 1 High ER (Bronze tier)
A B C

The gap between these sub tiers is 1-2 High ERs (Bronze tier)

Mid URs & High July - OMGSR

Pets
Items
C$
Info
Gap
Trades ....
UR Googly Eyed Rock, UR Frypan, Wholemeal Dog, Sourdough Dog, Sparkle Sparkle Rat
-
C$ 2200 - 2500
Pets within this tier trade equally, or with a maximum gap of 1 Mid ER (Copper tier)
A B C

The gap between these sub tiers is 1 Mid ER (Copper tier).

Low URs & Low July - OMGSR

Pets
Items
C$
Info
Gap
Trades ....
UR Cottonball, Rye Dog, Squeaky Rat
Upside Down Lantern
C$ 2000 - 2200
Pets within this tier trade equally, or with a maximum gap of 1 Low ER (2010)
A B C

These pets are lower rarity than other pets in their sub tier, because they have been moved up into this tier due to their higher demand.
These pets are higher rarity than other pets in their sub tier, because they have been moved down into this tier due to their lower demand.

The gap between Diamond and Platinum tier is 1 Bronze OMGSR to 1 Copper ER.

Platinum Tier

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The Pet Rarity & Demand Information (or whatever we call it) link would contain information like this, only more detailed, better worded and formatted properly:

UR Fluffy - released 3000, OMGSR since release, very popular pet, often swaps for UR Fluffless
UR Fluffless - released 3002, OMGSR since release, very popular pet, often swaps for UR Fluffy
Sparkle Sparkle Dog - released 3003, mostly OMGSR since release but was VR in 2018. It is less rare than other pets in its sub tier, but it is very high in demand so many people will pay more for it, so it was bumped up into this sub tier.
Pumpernickel Dog - released 3000, OMGSR since 3004 and has never returned to VR. it is the rarest pet from its litter and has consistently traded for very high pets. In the past it has swapped for UR Frypan, but after UR Frypan went down to VR and Pumpernickel remained OMGSR, people started paying more for it.
Cardboard Box Set - released 3006 in very limited quantities, this is the rarest item on the site and very hard to find. For that reason, it trades for extremely valuable pets like UR Fluffy, or even more.
Sparkle Sparkle Rat - released 3000, it went OMGSR at the same time as Sparkle Sparkle Dog, but is much less sought after due to being a rat. For this reason it has been bumped down into its current sub-tier. While it has less demand than Wholemeal Dog, it went OMGSR many years earlier which suggests that it is much rarer than Wholemeal Dog.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inactive. » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:30 pm

Solloby wrote:@Lil Rascal - I agree, we can absolutely design a framework with smaller gaps. I know it will cause a value squish, but the community already did that once after the rares list was ended. So I think they might tolerate another one. CS has been around so long that the values have naturally been squished a bit by the rereleases, I think. I'm glad you like the idea of starting from scratch. This new rarity update is the perfect chance to do that <3

@Clayflower - cusp means the pets are right on the border of two rarity tags. The standard set of mid advent dogs have always been assumed to be the same rarity, but now half are ER and the other half OMGSR. So this suggests we were either wrong about their rarity in the past (unlikely given their rarity history), their rarity has now changed for some unknown reason (a hoarder could be blamed for 1 pet in a litter, but probably not for half a litter), or the pets are on the rarity cusp (most likely, but not necessarily certain).

So let's say 1 - 999 pets is OMGSR, 1000 - 2999 is ER for example (unrealistic numbers, just using them as an example). We might have a litter of dogs we believed to be the same rarity, but they have different rarity tags because there are 997 blue dog (omgsr), 999 grey dog (omgsr), 1000 green dog (er), 1002 red dog (er). So they have different rarity tags, but practically speaking, they are essentially worth the same as there are about the same number of them on the active accounts. This is all based on an assumption of course - we don't know for sure that that's the case, as we have no way of knowing how many of those dogs there actually are.

ERs will almost certainly need to share the guide with OMGSR, I agree. I think we will end up with tiers of mixed high ER/low OMGSR pets, and ones who will fluctuate up and down based on rereleases.

So here's a concept example of what information a new high value pet trading guide might collect and display. The formatting obviously needs a lot of work, but this is just a quick mock up to show what I was thinking about:

Diamond Tier

High URs - OMGSR

Pets
Items
C$
Info
Gap
Trades ....
UR Fluffy, UR Fluffless, Sparkle Sparkle Dog, Pumpernickel Dog
Cardboard Box Set
C$ 2500 - 3000
Pets within this tier trade equally, or with a maximum gap of 1 High ER (Bronze tier)
A B C

The gap between these sub tiers is 1-2 High ERs (Bronze tier)

Mid URs & High July - OMGSR

Pets
Items
C$
Info
Gap
Trades ....
UR Googly Eyed Rock, UR Frypan, Wholemeal Dog, Sourdough Dog, Sparkle Sparkle Rat
-
C$ 2200 - 2500
Pets within this tier trade equally, or with a maximum gap of 1 Mid ER (Copper tier)
A B C

The gap between these sub tiers is 1 Mid ER (Copper tier).

Low URs & Low July - OMGSR

Pets
Items
C$
Info
Gap
Trades ....
UR Cottonball, Rye Dog, Squeaky Rat
Upside Down Lantern
C$ 2000 - 2200
Pets within this tier trade equally, or with a maximum gap of 1 Low ER (2010)
A B C

These pets are lower rarity than other pets in their sub tier, because they have been moved up into this tier due to their higher demand.
These pets are higher rarity than other pets in their sub tier, because they have been moved down into this tier due to their lower demand.

The gap between Diamond and Platinum tier is 1 Bronze OMGSR to 1 Copper ER.

Platinum Tier

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The Pet Rarity & Demand Information (or whatever we call it) link would contain information like this, only more detailed, better worded and formatted properly:

UR Fluffy - released 3000, OMGSR since release, very popular pet, often swaps for UR Fluffless
UR Fluffless - released 3002, OMGSR since release, very popular pet, often swaps for UR Fluffy
Sparkle Sparkle Dog - released 3003, mostly OMGSR since release but was VR in 2018. It is less rare than other pets in its sub tier, but it is very high in demand so many people will pay more for it, so it was bumped up into this sub tier.
Pumpernickel Dog - released 3000, OMGSR since 3004 and has never returned to VR. it is the rarest pet from its litter and has consistently traded for very high pets. In the past it has swapped for UR Frypan, but after UR Frypan went down to VR and Pumpernickel remained OMGSR, people started paying more for it.
Cardboard Box Set - released 3006 in very limited quantities, this is the rarest item on the site and very hard to find. For that reason, it trades for extremely valuable pets like UR Fluffy, or even more.
Sparkle Sparkle Rat - released 3000, it went OMGSR at the same time as Sparkle Sparkle Dog, but is much less sought after due to being a rat. For this reason it has been bumped down into its current sub-tier. While it has less demand than Wholemeal Dog, it went OMGSR many years earlier which suggests that it is much rarer than Wholemeal Dog.

I ADORE this format!!!! Its very clear and concise! And having sources behind each pets/items placement is a wonderful idea!!! The colored text for high/low rarity compared to their tier is a good idea to!
Pet's name: open to offers!.
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
The Weeping Angel you called ugly? She can't look at herself in the mirror. See that unemotional Cybermen? He used to be one of us. The Oods you make fun of? They get treated as slaves everyday. That lady you called crazy? She knows all of time and space. See the weird man with the bowtie and the fez? He's the loneliest man in the universe. Put this in your signature if you're against bullying in the Space-Time Continuum.
Inactive.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TANKMEN » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:41 pm

i absolutely adore the format youve presented, Solloby! i think that this sort of format will be the clearest and best representation of both rarity and demand going forward. the explanation of gaps and such too is really useful.

i admit i was super confused by all of the talk in the thread up until now, but Solloby's take on a list is the most clear and concise thing ive read in a long time. kudos!
Image TANK » THEY/XEY/SHE/PUP

------Autistic Adult PF-DID system
------Ex-2009 player
------PPS Collector and forever child!
PFP: @jijistu
TANKMEN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:58 pm

Inactive. wrote:I ADORE this format!!!! Its very clear and concise! And having sources behind each pets/items placement is a wonderful idea!!! The colored text for high/low rarity compared to their tier is a good idea to!

TANKMEN wrote:i absolutely adore the format youve presented, Solloby! i think that this sort of format will be the clearest and best representation of both rarity and demand going forward. the explanation of gaps and such too is really useful.

i admit i was super confused by all of the talk in the thread up until now, but Solloby's take on a list is the most clear and concise thing ive read in a long time. kudos!

Thank you both so much ;u;

I'm not sure how we'll determine the tiers or which pets go where, or how many C$ for them, but that's why we have a whole community of players to help out.

We could maybe do a separate guide for Store pets, since they may shift over time.
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:00 pm

I also like the mock-up Solloby but I now really need an UR Fluffy, Sparkle Sparkle Dog, Pumpernickel Dog, UR Google Eyed Rock and UR Cottonball! 🤣

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Screemnigcheesepuff » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:09 pm

Just want to add in here that there is currently an ongoing omgsr demand poll which, once more people have voted, could be a really nice way to see actual demand. This alongside pet rarity might be a nice good to start with deciding wich pets go in which tiers.

Having said that, there is not enough votes yet to have a conclusive idea about the opinions of the trading community overall, so it would be best to wait a bit before attempting to make anything definitive.

Also the obligatory reminder that this is a conversation happening across multiple threads so it might be worth people mentioning any ideas they feel strongly about on other threads just so we can get as many peoples opinions as possible. (I.e horrors new thread, new trading standards discussion thread ect)
Autistic & dyslexic xxxxxxArt shop CLOSED xxxxxxArt Fight 2024xxxxxx No coloured text please

Screemnigcheesepuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:23 pm

^ That will be one of many resources we can use to help build a new trading guide c:

I'd like to seek more opinions about whether we should move forward with a new guide that breaks down the OMGSRs into trading tiers like a list, and how we should go about managing such a project. I feel like we've incorporated a lot of opinions by using the new trading standards discussion thread's poll results, which is a good start. But would love to hear more opinions, and concerns as well. The last thing we want to do is make things worse instead of better.

lil rascal wrote:I also like the mock-up Solloby but I now really need an UR Fluffy, Sparkle Sparkle Dog, Pumpernickel Dog, UR Google Eyed Rock and UR Cottonball! 🤣

Well Sparkle Sparkle Dog is very high demand, you might have trouble finding someone who wants to trade one away! :lol:
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me