CS Wiki Update

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Wiki Update

Postby Oddity-Lad » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:57 am

A new Champion has entered the Arena.

I've joined the CS Wiki team officially as of this afternoon! I've already got Easter Bunnies 2020 submitted (pending approval), going to be getting 2021-2023 added over the next week. I see GUPPS 2022 needs to be added. That will be next once the bunnies are done.

Magpi3.14 wrote:I was scrolling through the 2011 dogs today, and the images for the November 2nd gen dogs are no longer available. Here is the link to the page where they are at: https://wiki.chickensmoothie.com/Dog_names_2011

Thank you guys for all of the hard work that goes into keeping the wiki up and running <33

This is now fixed, pending approval
Signature art by Batman

Oddity-Lad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magpi3.14 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:25 pm

Oddity-Lad wrote:A new Champion has entered the Arena.

I've joined the CS Wiki team officially as of this afternoon! I've already got Easter Bunnies 2020 submitted (pending approval), going to be getting 2021-2023 added over the next week. I see GUPPS 2022 needs to be added. That will be next once the bunnies are done.

Magpi3.14 wrote:I was scrolling through the 2011 dogs today, and the images for the November 2nd gen dogs are no longer available. Here is the link to the page where they are at: https://wiki.chickensmoothie.com/Dog_names_2011

Thank you guys for all of the hard work that goes into keeping the wiki up and running <33

This is now fixed, pending approval

thank you so much Oddity and welcome to the wiki team!! :D (and thank you for getting things updated <3

10/22/22
I didn't want to double post, but the bunnies for easter 2010 have some names switched around. The Green Malk Bunny, Streaked Fire Bunny, Pink Skull Bunny, Blue Balloon Bunny are the ones I noticed it on.
https://wiki.chickensmoothie.com/Bunny_Names#Easter_2
Magpi3.14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:56 pm

I was just informed about this thread, I reported a few issues here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4931081

It would seem that at least a few basic MediaWiki functions are...not functioning, given the inexplicably blank pages and the pages that are falsely listed as orphaned. If they were functioning properly, however, they might be a great help for finding things to update.

...Side note, as someone who is familiar with using MediaWiki already I may be interested in helping with things related specifically to wiki editing, if there's any application system. As a more hands-off user I don't know a lot about CS lore and community stuff, but I do know how to use wiki tools to get things done.

Also, uh, you may want to be aware that one of the extensions being used, the one that allows BBCode to be used in wiki articles, has been discontinued and deleted off of MediaWiki's extension collection for major security issues. Given that didn't even happen to Cargo when someone figured out how to use it to access user passwords, um, I'm guessing it's a bigger deal than that.

EDIT: If you want a suggestion for what to replace it with, adding the visual editor extension would prevent current editors from needing to learn markup (though I would also be willing to make a markup tutorial), and perhaps a custom extension for getting cs pet images would also be useful (though it could also just be replaced with html).
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me