How does one collect pets after a long hiatus?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

How does one collect pets after a long hiatus?

Postby ButterflyChaser » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:29 pm

I don't know if this is a topic I should post here, but I am looking to see how other members in a simular boat handle this situation given most people insist upon the three month rule.

I have tried the free adoption boards with limited to mixed success. Most of the time with no success. I do visit the pound regularly and have gotten a number of pets this way, but it is a slow process and there are no guarantees.

More less my extra pets are from 2009 (limited) to the first half of 2013, and little to nothing until about July 2018.

For those wanting a complete pet collection, do you try to obtain pets during those months of absence or do you mostly focus only on obtaining pets from the months you were active?
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How does one collect pets after a long hiatus?

Postby Sakkiel » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:38 pm

I have some missing years (hiatus for 4/5 years and here just once or twice for some years) and when I started on the site I didn't understand all (I'm bad in english now but then it was a lot worse and my first years I though i could adopt only one pet a month, and I traded without any knowledge of value so I've been scammed a lot)
Recently I've traded old pets for more recent ones but I'm focusing on my favorites pets of recent years, I can't have them all I don't have enough so... x)
Sakkiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sealipup » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:43 pm

This may not apply to me in the same way because I’m on a completely new account starting with nothing after years of not playing, but I’ll answer anyways ;)

For me, and ever since I’ve started playing back in 2013, the fun in pet collection has always been in watching monthly/event pets grow and trading for missed outcomes! I’ve never planned on having a complete pet collection—which is basically impossible it seems like haha xD

However, I also loved to try and get certain rarer, harder to achieve dreamies! It can be a slow process for sure as you sift through giveaways/adoption centers/the pound, but it’s a more realistic goal to have, and it’s so satisfying to finally get your hands on a single pet that you’ve been working on collecting.

But to answer your question, my main focus right now is on making sure I collect all of the current pets that I am able to adopt and trading for the missed outcomes :P

X
X
X
X
ImageImage
Seali ♡ She/Her

Image Credits: x x x x x
Sealipup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:45 pm

I guess by "complete" collection, I don't tend to count the special release ur pets as I know those are impossible to trade for, but yes I do enjoy it when I get a special pet from the pound. It is kind of like an extra special reward.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:19 am

Bumping this to see more opinions.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inactive. » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:31 am

Heyhey, so this is my 'guide' i give people for getting to a point of getting a full collection.

First off scrap any idea of starting your collection off the bat. Thats not going to happen. You need to have a HUGE amount of high value fodder before your in a place to start collecting, or you will corner yourself with a few high value pets and nothing to trade for more. There are 2 ways to go about this. The skelebun alone costs up to 15 Non coons. You need to use whats on your account to build up your stock, you can always get them back later.

Method one (harder)

1. You need to trade down any ex list pets you have for lower list pets (trade down a ballon dog equivilant in advent pets for example). And trade up your commons + in bulk for rares.

Work on trading up your new rares/Mid Advents for slightly higher ones, to achieve this add on a rare or two + your list pet, work your way back up to higher list pets, trade down, and repeat the process. Eventually you will have enough fodder to start collecting high value pets without nuking your stock.

Method Two (Easier)

2. C$ is a huge way to get list pets easily, and for cheaper than if you were to do pet for pet trades. Trade down a higher list pet for lower list pets, sell each one for C$ (Base line 400-500 for a 08 advent dog depending on date). You can buy toxics for 1000$, so you only need to sell 3 Decent MA's to have enough to buy a toxic, which is half price compared to trading for one with pets. You also have excess C$.

Example: I have a green toxic I brought for 1000$. I trade it down for 7 08 Advent dogs. Each of those is worth between $400-$500. I can sell them off, and have enough c$ to buy 2 new toxics, + another 1200-1500$ left over.

Repeat the process with trading down your C$ brought list pet to mid advents, sell them for C$, use C$ to buy a new high list pet, all while making a profit.

Repeat either of these cycles and you will get there. Its going to be a grind no matter what way you do it. But don't try and collect pets/hold pets until you have a huge amount of stock.
Pet's name: open to offers!.
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
The Weeping Angel you called ugly? She can't look at herself in the mirror. See that unemotional Cybermen? He used to be one of us. The Oods you make fun of? They get treated as slaves everyday. That lady you called crazy? She knows all of time and space. See the weird man with the bowtie and the fez? He's the loneliest man in the universe. Put this in your signature if you're against bullying in the Space-Time Continuum.
Inactive.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:03 am

That seems like a good idea and I am sure it works faster than hoping to get lucky at the pound. It just seems a bit cut throat though. I guess I am sentimental to having older and list pets that show they haven't been traded or the ones that were gifted to me. I also haven't yet gotten a message from the pound telling me I traded one away. I hope that doesn't happen for a while longer yet.

I am considering trading more of my extras though.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inactive. » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:08 am

ButterflyChaser wrote:That seems like a good idea and I am sure it works faster than hoping to get lucky at the pound. It just seems a bit cut throat though. I guess I am sentimental to having older and list pets that show they haven't been traded or the ones that were gifted to me. I also haven't yet gotten a message from the pound telling me I traded one away. I hope that doesn't happen for a while longer yet.

I am considering trading more of my extras though.

I agree, it has gotten cut throat. CS really needs to overhaul the whole site and system as demand has blown everything out of control. I hope eventually they release the exact numbers of each pet in circulation, so we can all have a firmer idea of the actual scarcity of pets, but i have doubts they will, even though trading as a component of the game has fallen apart.

Best of luck with your collection <3
Pet's name: open to offers!.
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
The Weeping Angel you called ugly? She can't look at herself in the mirror. See that unemotional Cybermen? He used to be one of us. The Oods you make fun of? They get treated as slaves everyday. That lady you called crazy? She knows all of time and space. See the weird man with the bowtie and the fez? He's the loneliest man in the universe. Put this in your signature if you're against bullying in the Space-Time Continuum.
Inactive.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me