GH Litter Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter Discussion Thread

Postby lesbian » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:42 am

Wesley, does your cat have a name?
i love the skyline you did for them, so cute!
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:24 am

I'm gonna go ahead and do this now since whichever growth happens will probably be more interesting than my silly hints P:

Space kitty is my cat! ;w;

Celozon wrote:Similar to last year, the theme of my cat is not yet obvious, but it does already have a distinct difference, maybe it can be spotted?

You guys got really close to this several times, but connected it to the wrong cat. I'm afraid that shadow kitty being involved might have thrown you all off. I had actually originally intended for shadow kitty to be disqualified with my 'dark colored' hint, but you all were very intent on it being mine so I played along c':

The hint is actually referring to the blended markings on my cat (Space kitty being the only one with such markings out of the dark colored cats, thus why shadow kitty might have made it confusing).

And so, all my hints about this being pretty basic and easy to spot. Blended stuff is totally normal in non-pixel art, but as was mentioned, gradients tend to be a lot less fun to do in pixels. Blended markings would be even more so in my eyes just cause of the smaller space there is to work with. (and I was noting the difference between 'gradient' and 'blended marking'; shadow kitty is gradient, space kitty is blended) Of course, some of you finally managed to catch on, but were using it as a reason why space cat /wasn't/ mine ^^'

For the pixel art dummies, I did have this in my sig, as well as one of my clues placed on it. It does talk briefly about doing a gradient.

HaileyM wrote:Celozon did say that they like freckles, and maybe those spots could count as freckles...?

This had popped up at one point and I never saw anyone else mention it, actually they are! I couldn't make my freckles on the teen super obvious cause then everyone would know which cat was mine c':

Actually, the placement of one of my hints was alluding to this fact with the hint placed on this thread. The character has freckles in the same spots.

ilovepelicans wrote:Image

I'm inclined to believe this one is Celozon's. I can't go on lineart edits or pixel art because those hints pertain exclusively to the adult growth. Going by other hints:
-Primarily dark colored
-Grew before day 9
-Spots on it ("maybe it can be spotted?")
-Smokey design on it (hint found on OC drawing depicting the dragon Kako and smoke)
-Dots on the coat give plenty of possibility for freckles in the adult
-Visually similar to Dustil (black pixel creature in siggy that led to the first hint of the scavenger hunt)

This one was really good, it caught onto one of my super vague hints I didn't think anyone would get, but if they knew was a hint would immediately give away my cat. My cats design is most definitely inspired by Dustil. When I did that particular piece, I was really concerned about butchering his markings because of all the blended, but once I figured out what I was doing it was actually pretty fun, and I wanted to get and do that sort of thing again. Its not quite as obvious on the teen, but you'll see it clearer on the adult.

Dembai wrote:Having done pixel art, I'm going to say it's the THIRD one. Very subtle, but notable fields of color. The other two have layered blending or gradient. Also, all the stars are SQUARE.

You caught me. I could not for the life of me get the dots or the blended marking to look right on the teen. I just ended up doing exactly what I did for the pixel version just with a soft brush and then throwing a bit of the smudge tool on it so it wouldn't be so obvious. I do not know how to use anything that is not the pencil tool help

- - -

RIP sorry for the long post! As for my cat's theme, I don't want to spoil the surprise, so I won't be revealing anything specific. I did mention that it is something commonly associated with Halloween, and there might have been a few other things dropped here and there, but nothing solid. If you want to make your own guesses feel free, I just won't confirm.

However I'm very excited for my cat's eventual growth, I do hope you all will like it!
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hush » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:39 am

Whoo! A confession. I just realized I didn't get yours now :(
x
x
x
x
x
x

╔══════════════╗
xxImage
* id #256165
* Pantry Puffs
* Art shop
* Toyhouse
╚══════════════╝
xxxxart credit*stamp credit
Hush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Krvl » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:41 am

Celozon wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and do this now since whichever growth happens will probably be more interesting than my silly hints P:

Space kitty is my cat! ;w;

Celozon wrote:Similar to last year, the theme of my cat is not yet obvious, but it does already have a distinct difference, maybe it can be spotted?

You guys got really close to this several times, but connected it to the wrong cat. I'm afraid that shadow kitty being involved might have thrown you all off. I had actually originally intended for shadow kitty to be disqualified with my 'dark colored' hint, but you all were very intent on it being mine so I played along c':

The hint is actually referring to the blended markings on my cat (Space kitty being the only one with such markings out of the dark colored cats, thus why shadow kitty might have made it confusing).

And so, all my hints about this being pretty basic and easy to spot. Blended stuff is totally normal in non-pixel art, but as was mentioned, gradients tend to be a lot less fun to do in pixels. Blended markings would be even more so in my eyes just cause of the smaller space there is to work with. (and I was noting the difference between 'gradient' and 'blended marking'; shadow kitty is gradient, space kitty is blended) Of course, some of you finally managed to catch on, but were using it as a reason why space cat /wasn't/ mine ^^'

For the pixel art dummies, I did have this in my sig, as well as one of my clues placed on it. It does talk briefly about doing a gradient.

HaileyM wrote:Celozon did say that they like freckles, and maybe those spots could count as freckles...?

This had popped up at one point and I never saw anyone else mention it, actually they are! I couldn't make my freckles on the teen super obvious cause then everyone would know which cat was mine c':

Actually, the placement of one of my hints was alluding to this fact with the hint placed on this thread. The character has freckles in the same spots.

ilovepelicans wrote:Image

I'm inclined to believe this one is Celozon's. I can't go on lineart edits or pixel art because those hints pertain exclusively to the adult growth. Going by other hints:
-Primarily dark colored
-Grew before day 9
-Spots on it ("maybe it can be spotted?")
-Smokey design on it (hint found on OC drawing depicting the dragon Kako and smoke)
-Dots on the coat give plenty of possibility for freckles in the adult
-Visually similar to Dustil (black pixel creature in siggy that led to the first hint of the scavenger hunt)

This one was really good, it caught onto one of my super vague hints I didn't think anyone would get, but if they knew was a hint would immediately give away my cat. My cats design is most definitely inspired by Dustil. When I did that particular piece, I was really concerned about butchering his markings because of all the blended, but once I figured out what I was doing it was actually pretty fun, and I wanted to get and do that sort of thing again. Its not quite as obvious on the teen, but you'll see it clearer on the adult.

Dembai wrote:Having done pixel art, I'm going to say it's the THIRD one. Very subtle, but notable fields of color. The other two have layered blending or gradient. Also, all the stars are SQUARE.

You caught me. I could not for the life of me get the dots or the blended marking to look right on the teen. I just ended up doing exactly what I did for the pixel version just with a soft brush and then throwing a bit of the smudge tool on it so it wouldn't be so obvious. I do not know how to use anything that is not the pencil tool help

- - -

RIP sorry for the long post! As for my cat's theme, I don't want to spoil the surprise, so I won't be revealing anything specific. I did mention that it is something commonly associated with Halloween, and there might have been a few other things dropped here and there, but nothing solid. If you want to make your own guesses feel free, I just won't confirm.

However I'm very excited for my cat's eventual growth, I do hope you all will like it!

Your kitty is beautiful!
Nice job. Can't wait for it to be fully grown!

╔═════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ═════╗
Hiii, I'm Krul !!
she/her
scorpio
I enjoy Overwatch, TWD, and Rhythm Games !!!
╚═════ ∘◦ ❉ ◦∘ ═════╝

Krvl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolven Girl » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:50 am

Pet's name: lucky333123
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Pet's name: Irisidium

Pet's name: Lady Masquerade

Pet's name: ZEL

Guessing that lucky did the kitten with the flowers and it'll have wings when it grows up, the ombré on the ghost kitty and it's tag match irisidium's cat from last year, ZEL is the only one other than lucky who could've done the outcome that is still under its blanket, and that just leaves lady masquerade for the fluffy kitten
FLOOGLE

Wolven Girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:53 am

i love your style celozon, im so excited to see the adult!
does your kitty have a name, or is that going to be kept a secret until it grows?
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birchii » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:56 am

rip
    I was adamant that the ghost kitty was cel's, oh well ~

There's only 4 kitties to be claimed now, by Lady Masquerade, ZEL, lucky, and irisidium c:
    ImageImageImage

The ghost/shadow kitty has been denied by lucky, but that's it ^^

current collection goals; owls - guineas

beep boop

❝ ~~~~~ ❞

I'm Birchii (a.k.a Birch); I'm a big fan of cats, owls,
reading, kpop, and gaming! Pronouns are she/they~

You can find me on FlightRising (168475) and
DapperVolk (29742) with the same username as well

Have a wonderful day!
xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
Birchii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:58 am

Ahh, I knew something was fishy with those stars. lol Cute cat Cel!

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:13 am

torpor wrote:
i love your style celozon, im so excited to see the adult!
does your kitty have a name, or is that going to be kept a secret until it grows?

No name from me sorry ^^
I do have a bit of a backstory in mind for them, maybe I'll try and write it up for when they grow.

Birchii wrote:
    rip
    I was adamant that the ghost kitty was cel's, oh well ~

tbh would have loved for ghost cat to be mine it is beautiful
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:23 am

I feel so bad for sending my kitty continuing on her sleepy journey now lol. This middle stage was more of a hit than I expected!

I just love watching all your detective work and theorizing around Cel's outcome though. I know you guys are gonna love it - as usually they do a stunning job. But then again I've seen neatly everyone's final stage and I could never choose a favorite. I honesty love all their styles so much. I'm just bummed out that I have to wait for September to see Simon and Seasonal create some pets - theirs last year were just so incredible.

I'm gushing right now omg but I don't know if you all realize how happy this litter makes me. I kinda love seeing all my fellow helpers' pets a lot more than my own. I honestly am super nervous about how y'all are gonna react to mine lol. But I can promise you're gonna adore the other outcomes!! They're so good omg.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me