Japanese Speakers?? or learners (like me)

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: Japanese Speakers?? or learners (like me)

Postby NinjaKat » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:48 am

hajimemashite! Watashi wa NinjaNeko! Yoroshiku onigashimasu!

Watashi no senkou wa ato desu!
NinjaKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby єgσ » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:49 pm

はじめまして。 ミカです。日本語をべんきょうちゅうです。。どうぞ よろしく。

I hope this forum is still active haha. im taking a jpn course right now in college and thought I should practice it somewhere. I thought about doing a penpal but i have such social anxiety i dont think i could, this is probably the best i can do. My kanji is really bad too so please correct me if I miss used it!

oh also i use this website to type hiragana and katakana if anybody is looking for one.
──➤➤ coding credit
ImageImageImage

Image xImage
───────────➤➤➤➤───
Mika | They/Them
korra stan < 3
carrd | th | linktree
───────────➤➤➤➤───
Reading | Dorohedoro (again)
Listening | ur so amazing !!
Playing | Cyberpunk : PL
Art Shop
єgσ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☆Elijah_Rose☆ » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:48 am

こんにちは!
私の名前は Rosera です。

I'm kind of new to learning Japanese. I have hiragana memorised but i still need to learn all of katakana. I know a little bit of grammar. I will try to learn as much of the most common kanji so can at least read it. I am using an app that has been very helpful to me and installed the pdf book by Heisig on kanji.

The app had some sentences i could learn like:
Is the food bad?
食べものはまずいですか?
And
りこの学校です。
Riko's school.

Sorry if I have made any mistakes. ^-^
All or nothing.

Image Image / Image / Image
♤♧Mains♡♢

Image Image

☆Elijah_Rose☆

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bean the umbreon » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:51 am

I've just started learning Japanese and seems to cant remember hiragana, even tho i've tried everything. I have a lot of schoolwork and stuff to do so theres not rlly enough time to learn. Can someone tell me a quick way to learn it?
bean the umbreon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlyingFoxWink » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:06 am

teh bred cat wrote:I've just started learning Japanese and seems to cant remember hiragana, even tho i've tried everything. I have a lot of schoolwork and stuff to do so theres not rlly enough time to learn. Can someone tell me a quick way to learn it?

There are some videos that help you remember Hiragana by comparing them to pictures. This is how I learned all my Hiragana and Katakana. Plus, there are some rules with certain characters that can slip your head if you only try reading them from a sheet.
My best recommendation is this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... p9Il_j0zjc
If you have a spare hour, you can draw these characters and practice speaking them in your room. After you master this, there’s a similar video for Katakana! :D
FlyingFoxWink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby єgσ » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:41 am

teh bred cat wrote:I've just started learning Japanese and seems to cant remember hiragana, even tho i've tried everything. I have a lot of schoolwork and stuff to do so theres not rlly enough time to learn. Can someone tell me a quick way to learn it?

What FlyingFox is similar to how I keep up with studying but if you ever have the chance too, there's pdfs for hiragana that show the correct stroke order and everything. Just type "hiragana writing practice sheets" and the first link should hopefully be the correct one, if you dont have a printer just normal paper would work. It's mostly useful to help remember stroke order and if your'e a hands on learner like I am. Theres also sheets for katakana. Just writing a couple every other day or whenever your'e free is a good way to keep up with learning.
──➤➤ coding credit
ImageImageImage

Image xImage
───────────➤➤➤➤───
Mika | They/Them
korra stan < 3
carrd | th | linktree
───────────➤➤➤➤───
Reading | Dorohedoro (again)
Listening | ur so amazing !!
Playing | Cyberpunk : PL
Art Shop
єgσ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:42 am

Others have already posted some pretty great suggestions, but I also want to recommend reading picture books, if you can find any. Kids' picture books are usually written entirely in hiragana or kanji with furigana (hiragana pronunciations), and they're an excellent resource to practice reading hiragana specifically. They also often use simple enough sentence structure/vocab that you can learn vocab & grammar at the same time.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/HIM ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    MEDIA: Hollow Knight - Sonicxxiiii
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toydog21 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:06 am

FlyingFoxWink wrote:Is this forum still active? I have been learning to speak Japanese for a while myself, but I want help writing a letter to someone I admire because the time is right. I don’t know how to write any big sentences. I want to show this person my appreciation because he has done many things to make me happy without even knowing it.

ありがとうございます!

I would try if u still wanted help yea
ImageImage

94% of people think that wolves are vicious, evil animals. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're one of the 6% who love wolves and think they are amazing creatures.

90% of people think dragons are creepy as heck. But 7% of people say dragons would destroy everything if they were real. 2% set off to find some dragons, but fail. Put this on your siggy if you are in the 1% of people who would be by a dragon's side forever.
Toydog21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toydog21 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:09 am

Learn a few at a time I guess. Helps of you have a chart of the hiragana up and try and recite line at a time. Write the letters out and also try to write the sound of the letters in romaji alongside. Also what helped me is to have a food item associated for each hiragana letter. And to know the first hiragana letter of each row. Like あかさたな etc.

But I learnt Japanese since young yeap
ImageImage

94% of people think that wolves are vicious, evil animals. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're one of the 6% who love wolves and think they are amazing creatures.

90% of people think dragons are creepy as heck. But 7% of people say dragons would destroy everything if they were real. 2% set off to find some dragons, but fail. Put this on your siggy if you are in the 1% of people who would be by a dragon's side forever.
Toydog21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mediaevelle » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:30 am

I've done 13 years of Japanese as of this month, including 2 degrees. Though it's not my native language it's like my visiting friend who happens to spend a lot of time at my house language. :)

The first 5 years I taught myself from scratch.

I learned the scripts by just using 10 or 20 minutes each day writing them out. Usually waiting for delayed public transport *rolls eyes* Easier for kana, not so easy for kanji but can be done, at least to N2.

Some people also find flashcards helpful but I didn't. I still find both hiragana and kanji more intuitive than katakana.

The real key to learning any language is to enjoy what you are using to learn it. Whatever your interest in Japanese, use it, because it will help make remembering words, phrases, etc easier.

Japanese is not really a difficult language if you take it in bits and focus on one thing at a time :)

ganbatte ne :D

May also trade for Waja stuff #1461 Mediaevelle, currently seeking to trade CS$ for CWP.
Mediaevelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me