Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie [update for adopters pg.126]

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:11 pm

mystic_fragrance wrote:Username: mystic_fragrance
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: Indonesian
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I was searching up web-game recommendations and found this game
What do you like best so far?: The cats! I've adopted one, and saw more of them in the Archive. I also like the Garnet accessories
Any questions?: Is there a limit to how many pets you can have?

Hello! To answer your question, nope! You can have as many pets as you want, with them sorted into as many groups as you want! So go ahead and adopt adopt adopt! I Hope you enjoy the site!

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starswater » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:38 pm

Spaceinmyhead wrote:
starswater wrote:Username: starswater
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Someone on BuzzlyArt had their CS account linked from their link-me :o
What do you like best so far?: Hmmm, I love how chill the community seems to be and how creative everyone is. So far this place feels like a nice blast from the past.

Any questions?: I mostly have questions about the forum layout and adoptables, at the moment. Some questions include: How does Artist Search work, and who uses it? Any advice for making adoptables? I see the character storage is used for adoptables you get, and I noticed you can have more than one thread... but I also noticed that the people who have threads there seem to limit their threads to one singular type of adoptable, and it seems like there's usually some extra stuff like notes about breeding and whatnot. Are there any general rules of etiquette I should know about before using this forum?

Also... is there a quick way for me to know what animals an item can be worn on before I grab it from the lost and found?

And is there a way for me to view artwork I've "liked", or do I have to rely on bookmarking the thread?

Some of these questions honestly might be silly in hindsight... Please forgive me if they are silly. >///<

Heya, I can answer some of these questions for you (and don't worry, none of them are silly)

1) I don't know much about artist search, so I can't help you much there, but there should be a few threads around the artist boards that you could ask in

2) Adoptables are something that are really hard to maintain and even start up. The first thing I recommend is find a concept that is both unique and simple. Adoptables that have to many moving parts are hard to keep up with and tend to die fast. Each adoptable should have its own main thread, and any branching ideas like breading and storage should be kept to a separate thread that is linked to the main thread, though that's only really necessary for bigger things, sometimes just a separate post on the same thread about breading is enough. Most adoptables will have their own rules listed on the first or second post of their thread, so as long as you pay attention to those you should be all good.

3) Most clothing items can be used on grown dogs and cats, but I wouldn't hedge your bets on them fitting something like a rat or a horse. There is an item archive as well as a chicken smoothie wiki you can look for. But the best advice I can give is if you like the item, grab it. You can always find a different pet to put it on.

4) I took a look around the site and from what I can see there is no way to see all the art you've liked, however, you can see artists you've followed and their works under your "oekaki" tab next to your profile. This looks to be the closest thing to what you asked about, but I may be wrong since I'm not on the artist part of the site any more.

Hope these answers helped!

Thank you! That does help <3
starswater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dibabeebees » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:03 pm

Username: dibabeebees
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Other pet sim websites.
What do you like best so far?: Free pets :))
Any questions?: I don't understand the aging process of the pets- help
Kassit and I are married now
Cozies Wermz
dibabeebees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:58 pm

dibabeebees wrote:Username: dibabeebees
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Other pet sim websites.
What do you like best so far?: Free pets :))
Any questions?: I don't understand the aging process of the pets- help

Hiya! Pets have 2-3 stages of growth on average, usually newborn, child, and adult. Throughout the month you adopt them, your pets will grow through these stages until it becomes an adult. At that point, it will stop growing and stay like that for the rest of time. After about a month all of your pets should be done growing, and you can then know what you're trading. This is also the point where the admins will do a post announcing the rarities have been updated, so you can go and check out how rare each of your pets types are.

Now, there are 2 exceptions to this rule:
1) Event pets: during events, like Christmas, easter, summer vacation, and Halloween, a good amount of the pets that you get will already be adults or in their finished growing stage. This makes it so people can swap pets a lot easier to get all of the pets for the event. Some will have growth stages, but not a lot

2) PPS pets: PPS stands for "Peter Pan Syndrome", these pets, as their name suggests, will never grow up. If you see a pet that's in an earlier stage and you're wondering if it's a PPS, you can click on the pet, and it will have PPS on it. These pets will stay the same way after their gain the PPS tag.

I hope this answers your question!

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArithMedic » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:40 pm

Username: ArithMedic
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Other pets site discords
What do you like best so far?: Adopting pets! It's pretty much the only thing I've done
Any questions?: Uh.... everything? Sorry, I know that isn't very helpful

xxx__________________________________
xxxI go by Arith for short!
xxxChristian, Autistic, ADHD, College Student
xxxArtist, Writer, Seamstress, Roleplayer
xxx__________________________________
ArithMedic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vividant » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:38 am

Inmmery wrote:Username: Vividant
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s:
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I love to help show people around and answer any questions they may have! I remember when I was a newbie on this site and it was very hard to find my way around, so I understand how confusing it can get without some guidance. Since I didn't get that, I want to be the person I never got offered to be helped by! Plus, I take roles like this very seriously, as people like me can change somebody's entire perspective on CS.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I usually get on every day or every other day and spend a total of about 2-3 hours on CS each time I hop on. I do have schoolwork to pay attention to, so I'm not always able to hop on that many hours, but I usually end up doing so on a normal day when I'm not doing much.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: I sure did!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, I do.

hi! i never got to help my newbie because they didn't respond to me. may i please be added back onto the list? thank you!
note: since i wrote my form, i have taken several Spanish-speaking classes, so i am pretty fluent in Spanish now! i know enough to be able to explain things to them about CS. So if any newbie spoke Spanish, I'd be glad to help them!

ᴠɪᴠɪ
sʜᴇ/ᴛʜᴇʏ
ғᴀɴᴛᴀsʏ/sᴄɪ-ғɪ ɴᴇʀᴅ

Vividant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby morphogeneticsorrow » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:53 am

Username: morphogeneticsorrow
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: Just English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Through my discord server
What do you like best so far?: I love all the different pets and getting to collect them
Any questions?: None at this moment

ImageImageImageImage
morphogeneticsorrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salty_Golem » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:10 am

Username: Salty_Golem

If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in english

How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My sister used to play this game

What do you like best so far?: The cool designs

Any questions?: A lot, I have some basics down but I lack brain cells sometimes
Salty_Golem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby awadeen » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:37 pm

Username: awadeen
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: on Eggcave! Someone suggested I join :D
What do you like best so far?: The art! It's adorable! I love adoptables.
Any questions?: Not really a question, but just a note: I'm a very slow learner, so please be patient with me <3
awadeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby PastelDog » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:18 pm

Cherrylicious wrote:
Moonlightflight wrote:
x Ink x wrote:Username: Raveron

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Unfortunately I am only fluent in English

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Yes, I have helped numerous users:
1, 2, 3, and I've been giving helpful links to newbies introducing themselves. I'm sure I have more, but cant seem to find them.

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I am very friendly, helpful and approachable. I enjoy helping others as much as I can, it makes me happy to know that I have helped others. I am knowledgeable within the CS community and know the rules, site, trades, roleplay section and oekaki section very well. So, I am able to answer any questions, I always answer honestly and if I dont know something I always look it up to make sure I give them the correct information about their question. I also am very detailed in answering questions if the member is still confused or isn't understanding and I am always patient with them while I help them.

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I am on ever day for 4+ hours per day. I'm normally always on to be honest, other than when I'm sleeping or working.

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: I fully read and understood all of the Adopter information.

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I agree to be helpful and polite to my newbie at all times.

Reapplying! Ready to help another newbie (:

I am ready for a new newbie! Reapplying! (:

I am ready for a new newbie. I haven't heard from newbie in over a week
free art
Adopts Shop
OC Sale
• [url=link]Art Shop[/url]
Trading
UMA Storage
LOLO Stories
PastelDog

My pets