ARTIST APPS CLOSED. Lineart now available for general use!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? (CLOSING SOON)

Postby Dactyl » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:27 pm

Schuyler wrote:
Zrcalo wrote:Will we be getting a DM about being an artist? I cleared my inbox but it says 500+ messages are pending. I'm not sure how to get them to show up.

Yes, successful applicants will be notified by PM. If you have too many messages on hold, please send a help ticket and an admin can help take care of that for you. :)

ok! thankyou!
ImageImageImageImage
username on neopets: Gothed
ImageImageImageImageImage
username on FR: Zrcalo
Dactyl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LinTheWeirdo » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:51 am

How do I know that my submission was successfully sent? My internet isn't the best and I'm scared that it didn't send properly but also don't want to resend it because I already know you guys are busy reviewing them all...
✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

BIO BOX

Lin-Pansexual-he/they
digital artist
astronomy and old literature
Sherlock, Furry, Anime, Marvel

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ©
xxxxxxxxxx
link
link
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x“You know my methods, Watson”
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LinTheWeirdo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:11 am

LinTheWeirdo wrote:How do I know that my submission was successfully sent? My internet isn't the best and I'm scared that it didn't send properly but also don't want to resend it because I already know you guys are busy reviewing them all...

Don't worry about sending it again! It will only edit your application. If you go back to the application page and it is blank then your original attempt did not go through. If you can see the information you previously entered then it did save successfully.

If you are having trouble getting it through, try submitting one image at a time and then editing your application to add the rest.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolffeTrash » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:20 am

Thanks for letting me try even know i cant be enter thank you those who enter as well Good Game and Good Luck!!!
ImageImageImage
70% thinks warrior cats is stupid. 25% say who cares. Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover warrior cat book and slap the other people saying, "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!!"
WolffeTrash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alyssa99 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:35 am

I would like to be a guest artist! I’ll be able to get around to doing the application eventually!
I miss you, puppy
Pet's name: Honey
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Pet's name: Sasha

My Kiuii (thanks skwigler!): Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3952717
Support CDH Awareness! Image
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie! I hate myself for adopting this off account *cries*
Alyssa99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angel23456 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:45 am

ticklekid wrote:I would like to be a guest artist! I’ll be able to get around to doing the application eventually!

Unfortunately applications close in 5 days so "eventually" has to be very soon!
lights off

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
adult ♡ married ♡ mom of 2 ♡ 2 dogs 1 cat ♡ birthday july 11th ♡ adopt OR shop, just do both responsibly!
angel23456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shenzai » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:17 am

Hey, I have a question. Are the actual CS templates the same resolution as the application template or are them higher res? I'm used to working on large canvases and I'm finding it somewhat difficult to do my usual quality of lineart on the small resolution canvas of the application file. I was just wondering if I'd have the same difficulty doing it on the final artworks in case I'm approved and such.
Shenzai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:24 pm

Shenzai wrote:Hey, I have a question. Are the actual CS templates the same resolution as the application template or are them higher res? I'm used to working on large canvases and I'm finding it somewhat difficult to do my usual quality of lineart on the small resolution canvas of the application file. I was just wondering if I'd have the same difficulty doing it on the final artworks in case I'm approved and such.

The pet templates are rather small as well - approximately the same size as the application. It can take a little bit to adjust to small canvas sizes, so I'd recommend making several practice versions of the template if you are interested. c:
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shenzai » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:41 pm

Burrito Bunny wrote:
Shenzai wrote:Hey, I have a question. Are the actual CS templates the same resolution as the application template or are them higher res? I'm used to working on large canvases and I'm finding it somewhat difficult to do my usual quality of lineart on the small resolution canvas of the application file. I was just wondering if I'd have the same difficulty doing it on the final artworks in case I'm approved and such.

The pet templates are rather small as well - approximately the same size as the application. It can take a little bit to adjust to small canvas sizes, so I'd recommend making several practice versions of the template if you are interested. c:

Hmm, okay. I'll still apply anyway cause if somehow my lineart is approved as it is on the template here then I'll be able to replicate at least that on final stuff. It's cause I'm used to drawing on 3000 x 3000 canvases so the size of the brushes I'm most comfortable with are really unfit for these hah
Shenzai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gwan-Thwei » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:37 pm

I have a question about the Items Template!

Lets say for example i have multiple ideas for how i want to do wings. Am i allowed to 'cut' or 'copy' that section a few times so i could do multiple wings, or am i only allowed to make one of each item (one hair piece, one wing set, etc) ?
Gwan-Thwei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me