Hiring moderators - NOW CLOSED.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Hiring forum moderators: Apply Within.

Postby Moonflight » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:08 am

I would apply, but I'm already a staff member and I'm much too nice to be a mod XD

Good luck, everyone! :3
I am a retired staff member :3 (RIP blue name, Dec. 2008 - Aug. 2012)
Moonflight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soccerlvr » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:11 am

Hey Tess, I really want to be a CS moderator.
How old am I? 17+
What country am I from? USA
How long have I been a member on CS? Since around the begining of May this year. I know I haven't been on long, but I'm really excited about it!
How often can I come on CS forums? Very often, usually every day, though sometimes my schedule dissagrees.
How much time do I usually spend on CS in an average day? Well, I think I'll usually be on for 1 1/2 + hours.
Have you ever been a moderator on other sites, if so please link to them. I haven;t officially been a moderator but I have applied for sites like http://www.horseland.com and am waiting for replies.
Why do you want to be a moderator here? Well, I really love this place, and have since my cousin introduced it to me a month or so ago. (I know I haven't been on long, but this place really matters to me and I'm always trying to be on)
I am struggling to collect more pets, for I wish to someday have the whole collection. Some of my traits are: I am wise, caring, loyal, stubborn when need be, friendly, smart, helpful,responsible, honorable, and more. I think I would be a great addition to the CS moderators (not that you guys aren't already great) and think that it would be really fun to be able to finally put my thoughts into actions. I wish that someone will finally realize my potential and let me be a moderator.I also want to join the CS moderators, not for "the good stuff" but because CS is becoming a part of my life and I care for it and those on it.

Any other comments? Well, I hope you choose me but if you don't, no hard feelings, you know? Becuase as long as CS is up and doing good, me as moderator or not, I will be happy with it.

Thanks for the awesome opportunity to become a CS mod.! thanks!

My Kitsune, Glacier
Soccerlvr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snook22 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:11 am

What country are you from?: US
Around what age are you? 19+

How long have you been a member on CS?: I've been a member since January.

How often can you come on the CS forums?: I'm on every day, but mostly late at night my time.

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:
I usually spend several hours browsing each day. I can easily be on longer, since I work at home and do that work on my computer.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I've been a moderator on several now defunct websites, including one called 'Journey 2 Life' that was for women to just, well, talk about life. As I'm sure you can imagine, some explosive arguments could happen there. :lol: . Most recently I was a moderator on Lady's adoptables site, Partly Sunny (which is also now unfortunately gone).

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I really enjoy CS and I would love to be able to give back by giving some of my time towards it. It's a short answer, but that pretty much sums it up. It feels really good to be able to help out a site you spend a lot of time on.

Any other comments?: I am aware of the downsides of being a mod, having done it many times in the past; I know it's not a fun and games thing. It's a job and you have to be ready to do it.

Thanks for your consideration. :)
Snook22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celina Meijra » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:15 am

Heei Tess and all other mods workin' on this! Here's the thing I wanted to say to you guys, keep up the good work! ;3 ..

Well, I understand you trying to get more mods, so this site can keep on rolling, and growing. You put so much work into this site, and I'm pretty sure most of the people will agree with me when I say it's awesome what you guys do.
Hmm, it's appealing to apply, I really really wanna help you! Only one thing... I wanna see people become mods, whose are deserving it (I think all are so far ;3). Plus ! I don't want to come over like begging, I hate that. That's what is mostly happening, because someone wants it só much. I'm trying not to, because I want you guys to know me as myself. So I just keep it simple ;3 and just tell you why I'd want to be a moderator.

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS: (you don't have to answer this section!)
What country are you from?: (this is just for timezone reference)
I'm from the Netherlands, situated in Europe.
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+) Right, I'm 17 ;3

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:
I've been a member since September last year. I started adopting in August, if that may help xD..
How often can you come on the CS forums?: I can come a lot on the CS forums, I already am.. I'm atleast one a two hours online a day. In the weekend it's mostly longer then 2 hours. But if you want me to, I can come online for much longer. Got all the time of the world.. ;3 Morning, evening, even in the night. I'm not sleeping anyway.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Just as I said, mostly I'm 2 hours online a day..
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I've been a moderator by a game clan. It was called "Best Forever (BF)", It only broke up, and the site is gone.. It was pretty cool, everyone was very nice, and we were pretty good altogether. Dnno why it broke up, guess the owner couldn't afford it anymore.
I also have been helpdesk by horsenation.com, which I stopped playing, because I became a member here and I liked this more.. ;3

Why do you want to be a moderator here?:
Why I wanna be a moderator here? That's easy. It's a fact that I really love to help people!
I've gone through difficult times and problems, so I've seen and learned a lot. There are people (especially in my school) coming to me with their problems, or wanting an advise,.. I'm always trying my best to help them.. Although it's not always working! (yup, I'm honest, I'm not a machine who knows everything xD) I've learned, through learning myself and experiences, to help people. It's one of my passions, I love to do it. If I'm able to help someone, it feels like I'm helping myself too.
Another thing why I'd love to become a moderator. I'd love to hélp you guys! Not only the members but you too. You are all very busy (you got all my respect!).. I'd love to give you a third hand to get and keep things going! ;3

Any other comments?:
Aah, and something else I wanted to say... Through all of my troubles and such, CS helped me getting away from Real Life just for the moment. I was still getting a little tranquility, even when I thought It would be impossible to get. But yea, it did! So thank you so much! That's why I became to love CS more and more, btw. I wanna show you guys CS is great, and I'll do anything about it to keep the things going around here. You helped me, I wanna help you. ;3

That's It! :3

One more thing, I wish everyone all luck of the world, and I say this straight from my heart..
Byee,
Celina
~~~~~~~~~~
Just because I'm losing,
Doesn't mean I'm lost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wat gebroken is kan je lijmen,
en dan heelt het heel misschien.
Maar zoals vroeger wordt het nooit,
want de barsten blijf je zien.

~~~~~~~~~~
Celina Meijra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kess » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:23 am

What country do you live in?: America
What age are you: I'm 12 :D

How long have you been a member on CS?: About a year and two months, only this account I had to make a new one, and this one is about five months. THe other one I forgot what it was called. and i forgot the password. :D
How often can you come on the CS forums?: I come on daily, if not then, every other day. I like to keep my RP alive and stuff like that *shot*
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: at least two hours or so.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I've been a mod on my own sites 8D and I think that's it.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: Because I like to catch people who are cheating and make sure they stop doing it. And those who are being inappropriate on CS deserve to be caught and warned.
Any other comments?: I hope I am made moderator. If I am, I'll make you a big cake pixel! :)
My name is Kess! Been around a long time and I still love my CS pets!

ImageImageImageImageImage
Kess

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Lion King » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:30 am

What country are you from?: (this is just for timezone reference) USA Pacific Standered Time
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+) 14 or under ( But I'm pretty mature for my age!)

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Roughly 2 and a something months. I know that's not a lot of time but I've gotten the knack of the trading system and how the site works, all the rules and so forth. I say I've gotten pretty far for being here in short amount of time compared to other users.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Everyday. Unless I have something planned like a vacation. First thing in the morning and like all of my time after school I'm on so I can be here a lot and do thy job.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Um Average day at the most 2-3 hours. (I get bored with life every so often)
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: Nope. No one takes 12 year olds. :(
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I would love to be a moderator because a) No other sites I play accept mods under 18. If per say I was allowed to be a mod here it would be like dream interweb job! It makes me feel like I have a responsibility to attend to. Not just mindlessly hanging out. ( Quote from my mom) I'm pretty mature so it's not like I'm going to be running around screaming at people (you won't believe what I've seen)

Any other comments?:
Just want to say thank you Tess for the op for people that are younger than most mods and such to have a shot at getting some responsibility and creating even more fun for the people who play it. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
Simba ;)
{tumblr} -♤- {credit}

It's great to drink to someone, and I guess that you will do

A very merry unbirthday, to you
The Lion King

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wildstorm » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:32 am

What country are you from?: the United States

Around what age are you? 15 but i will be 16 in September

How long have you been a member on CS?: I have been a member since October, i know CS like the back of my hand

How often can you come on the CS forums?: I come on every single day, I know that sounds weird. I love it here. :D

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Oh gosh, like between 1-2 hours a day, I know i go on the computer a lot, but more on the weekends.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: Nope i'm sorry. :(

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I have always wanted to help out and do more here. I love CS, it's one of my favorite websites of all time. I spend hours on here chatting or simply collecting the dogs, cats, and other pets. I feel like when I come on here, I am able to talk to people and have them agree with me. I can talk about all of the things I like and not feel weird! I just love this website, and I want to do more for it. :) Sp many people helped me out when I first joined here, I felt like I instantly belonged here, so now I want to repay the favor and help out all of the new members that join today and will join in the future of CS.

Any other comments?: I know that you probably won't pick me for the position, but i would just like to say thank you for creating this site Tess, It's one of my favorite places to go and chat! I enjoy this website, and the people here are the nicest I have ever met! I hope that this site is here forever! :D
Last edited by Wildstorm on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avvie credit: ☢ʀᴀᴅɪᴏᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ☢
~ Nami's Cove ~
~CS Customs Thread~
~F.P.S.~/M.L.P.T.P
Wildstorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadoweon » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:50 am

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:Since late september 2008
How often can you come on the CS forums?:every day often
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:varies,usually good amount of time
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: Partly sunny (completely deleted,was owned by lady =<)
Why do you want to be a moderator here?:I like Cs,I want to help it,I want to be more of a part of it,I like to be involved in the creativity forum,this section,and I just like to browse. I like how people have animal characters too,some even have ones truely considered forums, I just am really interested in Cs.:3
Any other comments?:I really enjoy CS :3this really is my favorite site!
What country are you from?:United States (eastern time)
Around what age are you? :15-18(Birth is March 15th)
ImageImage
My CS Pets
I can also be found on Wolvden & Eldemore! Want to add me? Just send a DM.
shadoweon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abstruse. » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:09 am

Hello! :D

What country are you from?: The United States.

Around what age are you?: Under 14. I will be 13 on July 19th.

How long have you been a member on CS?: I've been here since February 7th.

How often can you come on the CS forums?: Everyday, about once every 2 hours. ( Except when I'm at school.)

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: About an hour, and on Saturday mornings, 2 hours.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: No, sorry, but it's always been a dream :D .

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I have always loved the beautiful artwork here, and how fun it is! I love to peer around the forums. But, ever since I started here, I've always wanted to be part of the CS staff or moderators. I don't want fame or it doesn't matter about the custom, I just want to help this lovely site to keep running, since you are busy with university business. I just want to do my part in helping the community, and I love chatting here. :D

Any other comments?: I would REALLY love and I mean LOVE to work for this site, stand up, and make a statement. I will always be up to the task and be willing to do what you tell me to. Just PLEASE, PLEASE, I would be way more than happy to work here- it would be a huge honor. :D
Image Image Image
abstruse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gay » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:14 am

I agree with what Celina said. n_n Keep the good work moddin´, everyone. And try not to get abused so much. xD I´m excited to see who the new people to carry their names with light green letters~ >3

I will apply as well, even if I will likely not be chosen (I´m already a internacional mod, wee~ xD), because I did it on the first mod hiring thread, and it doesn´t hurt to try now as well.

Optional Questions: (you don't have to answer this section!) But I will either way. :3

What country are you from?:(this is just for timezone reference) II´m from Argentina, located in SA, aka, South America. :3
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+): I just turned 15, last month.

Compulsory questions:

How long have you been a member on CS?: Er.... Since August ´08.... *counts with fingers* 9 months?

How often can you come on the CS forums?: I lurk a lot in the CS forums, do it everyday. It should be around 1-2 hours everyday, at least. I normally only come check the Internacional Board, the Chicken Smoothie Chat, the Creativity and the General Chat sections. Of course, it would all change if I became a global mod... I come more on weekends, at night. :3

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Like I said above, 1 hour per day, at least.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I was pretty close to becoming a mod in another site I went to, but I abandoned it when I became addicted to CS, and only became an old known member between all the mods and admins. :3 I´ve been a mod in many xats whatsoever. owo;;

Why do you want to be a moderator here?:

Well. Because, I love this site, I have been on it for so long, and it´s always really attracting... All the community here is so nice and united. :3 I really want to help people with their doubts that aren´t only language problems, as well as keep the boards all clean and neat from spam, double posts, etc.... And of course, help our dear old abused moderators and staff. c:

Any other comments?:

Good luck with your finals, Tess. ^^ As well as say to all mods and staff and Nick to keep doing their jobs as well as they already do, and keep this great place workin´.

xxxxxImage Image
x

x
x
x
x
x
x

gay

My pets
My items
My wishlist