Applications open for: Fanart Archivist (CLOSED)

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for: Fanart Archivist (all ages)

Postby Peppercorn » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:20 am

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: 1-5 depending how much work I have.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 6-7 days depends if on vacation.
Have you ever had something of yours published in the fanart archive? If so, can you link us to the page or say which month/year it was?: No.
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: Well, I always wanted to be a staff member and I know basic HTML. I also love looking at the archives every day seeing if its updated and checking the nice work. This is the only application that doesn't require a month limit. I'm always online basically so I can update the archive often.
Last edited by Peppercorn on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello there. I'm Peppercorn. I like to draw, take photos and baking. I work at an adoptable center called Pixel squirrels. If you ever need too, feel free to PM me and chat.

Feeling wrote:PM me design patterns for pixel squirrels.

coded by peppercorn (me)
Peppercorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 4kcuo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:44 am

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: I usually spend at least 2 hours online daily, the rest I'm still available on the internet (I'm just on other sites) so I'm available for about 6 hours & I'm able to spend 6 hours online if need be.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I visit CS daily c: If there is ever a time where I can't be online for my 'shift' or 'monthly upload' of art I would contact the other archivist immediately.

Have you ever had something of yours published in the fanart archive? If so, can you link us to the page or say which month/year it was?: Sorry, no. I generally don't do fanart since I don't want to accidentally insult the original artist. I may look into it however, the other fanart may inspire me.

Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: Chicken Smoothie is a growing community! It's members are active and loyal, and the staff dedicated. I'm interested in helping this community expand outwards, and that starts with the many wonderful members of CS. It's amazing to see so many pieces of art in the archives from all the users, and it would be a shame if some of the art people made didn't end up on the archives (since nobody had time to upload it). I just want to make sure that never happens, cause I know how horrible it feels to work hard on art and have it never be used.

Looking at the hard work of the CS fanbase is definitely something I'd be willing to do- every time I look over the Fanart/Writings on the site, it really inspires me to do some myself. I hope that I get around to making some acceptable submissions for the gallery since it would be an honor for my art to be posted there. Since CS is one of my main sources of amusement throughout the day & where I spend the majority of my time, it would be wonderful to contribute back to the amazing staff that has made it happen! Being part of the CS staff would be a dream come true & I'm ecstatic that I have the chance to do so, especially since I am able to get the job of looking over the amazing art & writings of Chicken Smoothie.

I'm well equipped to politely turn down people that have art that simply isn't suitable, for example if it's one of the artist's/author's personal OC's. I will be able to move the files from my computer to the website quickly and easily, and since I am used to uploading my own art it will be an even simpler task than you described.

I think it's a wonderful idea to showcase the amazing art and writings of the CS fanbase, and I want to be part of the loyal staff that makes it happen! I'm confidant that I can be very active & get the job done well, especially since I'll get to work beside another archivist as well. I really do hope I can earn this position. Thank you so much for the opportunity, and good luck to all the other contestants!
Last edited by 4kcuo on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
4kcuo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby inkyy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:51 am

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: Up to and around four. Somtimes I get on more.
    How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Seven
    Have you ever had something of yours published in the fanart archive? If so, can you link us to the page or say which month/year it was?: No I haven't, I haven't actually drawn any cs pets I dont think :c
    Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: I simply want to help CS in anyway possible and this seems a very good way to do it. I have been on here for years and tried out for pretty much every job that I thought i could do well. I love doing new things and art. <3

live long and prosper!
pfp by millionfish

inky / they / adult
toyhouse flight rising
trade thread
inkyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crossbow » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:58 am

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?
I spend anywhere between 3 - 6 hours on CS, but of course sometimes I am busy and can't be on as much. That is rare though.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Ah...every day, to be honest. This site is so fun that if there is ever a day I am not on it, it would be as rare as seeing a dinosaur.
Have you ever had something of yours published in the fanart archive? If so, can you link us to the page or say which month/year it was?
No I have not, but someday I hope to, as this seems fun. I just need to download something on my computer and then I will be able to draw and share some fanart c:
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?
I simply love helping out with things, and archiving the CS fanart seems a great way to help out and make it easier for everyone else on the site. I also love looking through the archives at the different fanarts that come in, and if I become a fanart archivist I can see a lot more of them. Every one is unique and I just hope I get the chance to see and archive the special art. I also love art, so it would be nice to have a job on the site that involves it. Thanks for the opportunity!

~Uri
Last edited by crossbow on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
crossbow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby esoteric » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:00 am

I know this is a stupid question, but who are the current Fanart Archivists?
chicken smoothian since '14
esoteric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 4kcuo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:11 am

peanutbutter. wrote:

:'D
when you look on the staff page it says wibeke i think? i dunno if i missed someone or anything though c:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/team/
with school in full swing i'm likely going to be mobile-only except on weekends, sorry guys!!

[ da ] [ tumblr ] [ toyhou.se ]
you can call me cuo if you'd like!
i love to draw!! & i adore art trades! hmu
4kcuo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teethpaste » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:15 am

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: 1-7 hours on weekends and 1-3 hours on Monday-Friday
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every day of the week
Have you ever had something of yours published in the fanart archive? If so, can you link us to the page or say which month/year it was?: no, i haven't
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: Well, I haven't been on chicken smoothie since the start but i feel like i've been welcomed to the site, i regularly post drawings and other things on the forum and oekaki. I keep updated with things because I don't like to be very unorganised. I am never unkind to people and I am usually happy, I encourage people to stay happy and so they can go on and spread the happiness. I have read the rules over and over again so I know what to do and not what to do. I draw myself and I am a fan of all kinds of art whether it's anthro/human/my little pony, you name it! I am not one of those people who think the things that aren't amazing aren't worth time but I know the difference between good and alright. I try never to copy anything or steal things although once I accidentally broke on of the rules but I have learned from that. I am not perfect at art but i try to keep focused on the people who are really good but unknown but sometimes i drift over to people such as apple. I am always open to questions for helps or tips and I try to not forget to reply to something. Right now I might be a bit forgetful because I have been revising for some big exams, which is important but so is helping people. I am not the most mature person, I like to have fun but I know not to be silly and I don't disobey things. If i get told to stop, i will stop. Although I don't really comment on the fan art board, i like to browse through the art and have a look. Just to let you know I am British and I live in the United Kingdom and I understand most of the members on Chicken Smoothie are in different time zones and I stay as long on as I can and that sometimes drifts into the American timezone, take Australians, it's uncommon that i'll be on on the same time as players from there. I don't want to sound big headed when I type this but I am very polite and i don't judge anyone just by the way they draw or spell, you could say I don't judge a book by it's cover. Just thought I'd let you know that ^^. Thank you for taking the time to read this as I know there will be many of these to go through, I imagine that you have to rule applications off one by one until you get the certain amount of people you would like. Once again thanks!
Have a nice day!
-cat
Last edited by teethpaste on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
    im teeth and i hate eggs

teethpaste

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby esoteric » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:18 am

arachnid wrote:
peanutbutter. wrote:

:'D
when you look on the staff page it says wibeke i think? i dunno if i missed someone or anything though c:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/team/

Yes, Wibeke, -3D-, and Selfelgo actually.
chicken smoothian since '14
esoteric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapiosexual » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:28 am

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?:
      I can say with confidence that I am on CS most of the day despite being a lurker- during weekdays, I'm on for at least six hours, maybe seven depending on how busy I am. On weekends, I am on and off for at least ten hours.
    How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
      I am on CS every day. There is rarely a day when I am not on.
    Have you ever had something of yours published in the fanart archive? If so, can you link us to the page or say which month/year it was?:
      I have not- I am practicing art, however, and hope to submit some soon!
    Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?:
      As said earlier, I am more of a lurker than a poster on CS, and I'd love to contribute more. I consider myself a diligent, hard worker who contributes well with others, especially when I have a job to do. I love seeing fanart being made of the CS community, and despite this not being required, I have prior knowledge towards Weebly and coding. I would love to support CS and this seems like the perfect opportunity!

I consider myself trustworthy and as respectful as I can be, and I believe that I can use these to my advantage, especially when sorting through submissions and (possibly) declining them, then offering a reason as why I have done so. I could actively contribute to the fanbase and get the job done- I'm not a procrastinator, and I do take organizing things rather seriously.

CS is a growing community with lots of wonderful artists and I would love to help it stand out more- it inspires me and I'd love to help other users get inspired too! The oekaki is a place where I am often lingering around at, and I often see lots of CS fanart that I'm quite in awe at. Thank you very much for the opportunity, and I wish you good luck choosing and to the other contestants!
sapiosexual

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prince. » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:42 am

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: 7
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every day
Have you ever had something of yours published in the fanart archive? If so, can you link us to the page or say which month/year it was?: Naw. Not yet.
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: I really want to help the site, and I love art so I think it'd be cool to archive it. I'm commited.
prince.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me