New Rule: DNI (Do Not Interact) Lists are Banned

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: New Rule: DNI (Do Not Interact) Lists are Banned

Postby cuddlewuffle » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:51 pm

this makes total sense, DNI lists have always struck me as odd
Last edited by Lacuna on Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: please be respectful
cuddlewuffle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GoldieDoggy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:52 pm

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! As someone who has seen and recognized the harm that has happened with DNI lists on toyhou.se, I’m very glad that they’re being taken care of here. Some of y’all don’t seem to realize that it ISN’T making you less vulnerable! It IS, however, telling the people you want to avoid EXACTLY what to do/say to trigger you. That’s not good at all. The people that are a “part” of the list? Guess what! They don’t, nor will they EVER, listen to it unless they’re looking for a way to hurt you. The staff here is doing what they should to protect y’all. The block button is right there for a reason, and the power button should be on your device somewhere if things are getting to be too much/too stressful for you. You don’t need to explain why you blocked someone, and you don’t need to put yourself in harm’s way because you wanted to have a DNI list. As the majority on th can tell you, the majority of people don’t even READ dni lists, let alone decide not to interact with you anyways.
Happy Hanukkah/Chanukah!

(You can reload to see a few other UMA characters i own)
GoldieDoggy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verdxnt » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:55 pm

I kind of disagree with this tbh

I think we should be allowed to list types of people we dont want to interact with, even if people dont read them or whatever I still think we should be allowed to say "Please dont interact with me if you [blank]"
Hello there, I'm Finn!
My pronouns are he/him
Feel free to message me or trade with me

Verdxnt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peaches_ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:55 pm

miosha wrote:
peaches_ wrote:this is good! dni lists are often way too specific/exclusionary, and they seem unnecessary especially since cs is so well-moderated!

ok honestly saying this is just sad, i beg to differ.

a lot of you seem to not realise that most of people WITH dni lists are anxious about who interact with them. even though you all are saying "ooo haha theyre gonna think thats a weakness hahahaha lol" we dont see it that way we see it as a way for us to be COMFORTABLE. all you all are doing is just trying to MAKE us seem unsafe, which, what a way to "well-moderate" your site!

i mean you don't have to use the website if the people on it make you that uncomfortable
Image Image Image
peaches_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:57 pm

miosha wrote:
peaches_ wrote:this is good! dni lists are often way too specific/exclusionary, and they seem unnecessary especially since cs is so well-moderated!

a lot of you seem to not realise that most of people WITH dni lists are anxious about who interact with them. even though you all are saying "ooo haha theyre gonna think thats a weakness hahahaha lol" we dont see it that way we see it as a way for us to be COMFORTABLE. all you all are doing is just trying to MAKE us seem unsafe, which, what a way to "well-moderate" your site!

I understand you're upset and feeling vulnerable, but please be respectful in your messages (this goes for this whole thread, thank you, not directed just at this user). I want to be clear that a DNI list provides the illusion of safety, while actively inviting harm. Please reach out to a trusted adult in your life if you are having struggles with severe or debilitating anxiety.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GoldieDoggy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:00 pm

peaches_ wrote:
miosha wrote:

i mean you don't have to use the website if the people on it make you that uncomfortable

YES! If so many things online are actively harming your life, don’t you think you should stay away from that area and possibly get professional help? I know it’s not possible in all areas, but telling people how to hurt you isn’t going to help whatever trauma you have at all. There are people that can actually help you with everything you’re dealing with, but 90% of the time? That help cannot be found on the internet.
Happy Hanukkah/Chanukah!

(You can reload to see a few other UMA characters i own)
GoldieDoggy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verdxnt » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:00 pm

I dont have a dni list because, well, im too lazy to make one

But tbh the idea of having one makes me feel a bit comfortable

I think its unfair to ban something that makes people feel uncomfortable/safe.

Also a lot of people are saying "it invites people to do stuff that triggers you", not everyone will do that. If something I do is on someones DNI list, I wont interact with them. It's unfair to ban people making a list about things theyre not comfortable with.
Hello there, I'm Finn!
My pronouns are he/him
Feel free to message me or trade with me

Verdxnt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:02 pm

jay wrote:As an adult player, am I still able to say something like, for example, "please don't send me a PM if you are a minor since I am an adult", or is that too similar to DNI?

I was a bit curious about this one as well, not personally but I’ve seen a few people state this in sigs/etc
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Glass Doe » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:02 pm

miosha wrote:dni lists still make us feel safer. it feels so unsafe just letting anyone interact with you without having something on your profile to say Not to. also what do you want me to do? investigate every single cs user and figure out which ones to block? its not that easy <3

Honestly I was never vibin' with the DNI lists to begin with.
If someone interacts with you and you don't like something about them or what they are saying, block them. Problem solved. It is, in fact, that easy.
I imagine its pretty abundantly clear that no one would expect anyone to go through every single cs user, so Ill assume this to be sarcastic and filled with sassafras. You are expected to wait for something to inspire you to block someone instead of making yourself a target on the internet by listing your triggers and other personal information. CS has the rules it does to keep kiddos safe, because unfortunately, we don't all always know whats good for us.
If you are struggling with anxiety or paranoia, please reach out to a trusted adult for help.
No matter who you are,
what you look like, or where you're from...
You deserve love & acceptance
just like anyone else!

-Michigan-
The Glass Doe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crescent knight » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:03 pm

ok imma be honest i've never seen or heard of anyone on this website getting targeted for their dni list??? i asked around a bit as well. nobody i asked had ever been harassed either... maybe it'd happen on twitter but??? not on cs???
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    xxxx🎻i have the best boyfriend in the whole wide world🎨
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxmy carrd

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
crescent knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups