New Rule: DNI (Do Not Interact) Lists are Banned

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: New Rule: DNI (Do Not Interact) Lists are Banned

Postby VampireKilljoy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:46 pm

This rule isn't it. You already make people hide A BUNCH of things about themselves. Having a DNI list doesn't hurt anyone. It keeps people away that make us uncomfortable for a reason. This isn't a fair rule.
ImageJack | Adult | TakenImage

Image Image Image

VampireKilljoy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Squecca » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:47 pm

miosha wrote:
Squecca wrote:
miosha wrote:honestly theres so many issues to this new rule, we have dni lists for a reason. we dont want anyone gross interacting with us, especially if they actively know how gross they are????

some of us (including myself!) have extreme anxiety, and some other mental illnesses that get in the way of things like this. ive gotten into multiple mental breakdowns just from someone on my dni list interacting with me, and just thinking about it just makes me feel like regurgitating.

not to mention some people (also including myself) have ptsd that makes it difficult to talk to people that fit into their dni lists! either the cs mods are incredibly ableist or just dont know what theyre doing with this rule.

Definitely block the people you don't want to interact with you! And don't the fact that they do still interact with you kinda proves that DNI lists don't work? I don't think mean people are going to respect DNI lists.

dni lists still make us feel safer. it feels so unsafe just letting anyone interact with you without having something on your profile to say Not to. also what do you want me to do? investigate every single cs user and figure out which ones to block? its not that easy <3

The blocking suggestion was regarding your mention of a specific person on your DNI list interacting with you. Like, blocking them after they interact with you for the first time.
I have a lot of trauma and phobias and personally, a DNI/trigger list would make me feel a lot more scared and vulnerable, because it tells strangers all your weak spots, which they can use to target you.
May is Celiac Disease Awareness Month!
Image <--click
Squecca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm

{I agree 100% with Squecca. People usually included on DNI lists either don't believe they fall into the category, don't care, or will find ways to use the information against you, in a similar vein to having lists of triggers etc available at all [it's kind of why I don't have a carrd myself]. It's rather dangerous and I think CS is completely right to take this action. Having lists like this doesn't protect you-- it sets you up to be harmed. Providing any kind of extremely personal information like that is not going to end well.}

.Holli.
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bluestyle » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:52 pm

all of you are saying "they wont know" but do you realise how many people have fandoms on their dni list? theyre gonna know that! :-]
bluestyle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Serious. » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:00 pm

This is a good rule. Thank you.

I mostly agree because of this part:
    For more specific entries, DNI lists endanger users by giving a comprehensive list of all the things that would upset, trigger, or harm that user. Especially with the young user base on CS, not all users may realize the danger of posting such a list. In the same vein, DNI lists may encourage targeting of said vulnerable users, or make bullying or harassment by a bad actor more dangerous. This makes their potential harm much greater than their potential benefit.

DNI lists have become popular all over the internet but they can be really dangerous if you're willingly putting out information that can easily trigger you. People will take advantage of that. It's not bad to hide certain information about yourself--even if oversharing is accepted as normal nowadays. Privacy is a valuable thing.

Also it doesn't really fit on a site like this. If I'm responding to someone on the forums I'm not thinking about their political status or opinions on controversial subjects. Usually I'm just talking about sparkledogs or some other mundane subject :P
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey, I'm Serious! I'm an adult girl
who loves collecting plushies
and drawing!
───────────────────────────
☆ avatar credit ☆
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Serious.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VampireKilljoy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:04 pm

miosha wrote:all of you are saying "they wont know" but do you realise how many people have fandoms on their dni list? theyre gonna know that! :-]

EXACTLY!!!!!

Image Image Image

VampireKilljoy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Storyboos » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:04 pm

Seems like an understandable rule to me.
Storyboos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VampireKilljoy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:11 pm

onion wrote:this aint it imo

edit;; if this is seriously gonna be a rule btw i better see yall mods cracking down on absolutely everyone with a dni list on their carrd. btw good luck with that, because youll probably need it seeing as how many people have dni lists :/ removing mine now thooo i dont see why i should

Yeah they forced me to get rid of my age on toyhouse, but the link I put on the site didn't have my age anywhere, they actively seeked out my age to tell me to remove it lol

Image Image Image

VampireKilljoy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:22 pm

Our staff mainly rely on reports to find rule-breaking content. If you see someone with something on their profile that is not permitted, then the best course of action is to report the user. We do remove content as we see it, but it is impossible for us to see every single rule-breaking instance on every single user's profile.

H4RGR0VE wrote:
onion wrote:this aint it imo

edit;; if this is seriously gonna be a rule btw i better see yall mods cracking down on absolutely everyone with a dni list on their carrd. btw good luck with that, because youll probably need it seeing as how many people have dni lists :/ removing mine now thooo i dont see why i should

Yeah they forced me to get rid of my age on toyhouse, but the link I put on the site didn't have my age anywhere, they actively seeked out my age to tell me to remove it lol

Rules for the Site and Forum wrote:
    Do not share or ask for personal/identifying information.

• This rule applies to all members, including adults, and is designed to keep you safe on Chicken Smoothie and in the real world.

• You are not allowed to link to profiles or pages where this information can be found.

What IS considered personal information:

• Your age (including age ranges such as 13-15 or 17+) or full birthdate.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby No one » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:23 pm

Honestly even though I didn’t have one and it might now be my place to say anything, but I think this rule is a bit harsh. There are people who prefer to have these for specific reasons. I for one didn’t because I don’t think I need to, but now I feel like at this point, people will start to feel vulnerable and unsafe in the site without one. I’m only thinking logically and if you think of it as such a bad statement of my own opinion, they by all means think that. Furthermore, I do understand where your coming from, I just don’t agree with it.
No one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me