Artist feverrr [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 10
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by feverrr

Stars #3410

Postby feverrr » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:06 am

naming competition, and i'd like you to tell me how they got their name!
also, tell me a cool shark fact :3

Ends at rollover from March 8 > 9

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
[b]Prompt:[/b]
[b]Shark Fact:[/b]
x
Name: Abyssalbasihyal
Clan: Enurian
Description: blue classic tabby with mid white
Edits:
[nr] scars, claws, expression, accessory, missing eye
[c] whiskers, fang, sclera colour, ear tufts, min fur
Owner: Archaeopteryx.
Last edited by feverrr on Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fev ✦ she/they ✦ adult ✦ pst
lover of plants & cats & art !!
th - pfp by sifenke - sig by néktar
feverrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars #3410

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:13 am

Username:
Cat Name: Shark’Bait!! (Oo-ha-ha)
Clan: (Please link)
Prompt: wip
Shark Fact:
Last edited by Wretched.Felidae on Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
hehe thanks zero i cherish the bracelet <3
Wretched.Felidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:13 am

Username: canadianhowl
Cat Name: Parsleyshimmer
Clan: https://toyhou.se/canadianhowl/characte ... er:2458110
Prompt:
Parsley: his soft and unique neck fur, named after Virgo
-shimmer: his sparkling eyes, personality, and tendency to seek out shiny objects
Shark Fact: sharks don’t normally leave behind fossils as they’re mainly made of cartilage but we still are able to find their teeth
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thani » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:19 am

Username: Thani
Cat Name: Bitterling
Clan: Pandora
Prompt: He reminded Nozomi of a bitterling, and while it was not his true name he kind of gave up trying to correct the vibrant orange she-cat.
"I'll stop when you stop wearing that dangerous thing on your tail! it's distasteful!"

"It's fashion!!"
Shark Fact: When you flip a shark upside down they go into a trance like state thats called tonic immobility. It allows scientists to be able to study them underwater without worry of ham coming their way!
Thani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jpano96 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:19 am

Username: jpano96
Cat Name: Siwash
Clan:
Prompt: "A very hard hook designed primarily for commercial fishing for large fish with tough mouths."

Siwash was a kitty pet before he started to roam Cloud clans territory. (Wip)

Shark Fact: Sharks have dermal denticles for skin. The enamel crown, i.e. the toothy part, anchors the dermal denticle to the skin. These tooth-shaped scales allow them to move swiftly through water without collecting barnacles and algae. cite
jpano96

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timid-Decidueye » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:42 am

Username: Timid-Decidueye
Cat Name: Sharkhook
Clan: x
Prompt:
Shark got his prefix due to his coloring. It reminded Mammoth of a Great White Shark (Something Tawny had fascinated the clan about), and the suffix is due to his tooth!
Shark Fact:
Tiger shark embryos eat one another in the womb.
(bonus fact that I think is cool: They have similarities to cats!)
XXXX/XXXX/XXXX
"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."
Toyhouse! PokeFarm Q! King-Lulu-Deer ©
Hello :3 My name is Forrest, pleased to meetcha!
I hoard pets that give me serotonin (Lions, Snakes, Otters)
Autumn >>>> any other season
Timid-Decidueye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:55 am

Username: olivionary
    Cat Name: Roach
    Clan: Ivy Hollow
    Prompt: Roach didn't get his name from his parent's, nor did he get his name from another cat. Before Roach found the Ivy Hollow Clan, which itself was before they even became the Ivy Hollow clan, he was alone and he was alone from a very young age. To clarify, he certainly was not named for being as hardy as a Cockroach, even if it is true. His name has a somewhat more endearing tale.
    It was along the river bank that the apprentice aged Roach had made his home, it was damp and it wasn't comfortable, but he was surviving. The Otters would often squabble over the fish they caught and drop morsels that Roach would either eat himself or use to tempt out rodents to feast upon - considering he didn't have a role model to look up, he was doing alright for himself. It was along this bank that he would gain his name from a Two Leg.
    The location wasn't a regular fishing location, so this would be Roach's first experience with a Two Leg. It was the scent of freshly caught fish that tempted Roach to approach the Two Leg. Silently the young cat crept up to the bucket that the Two Leg had placed his catch into, with a stretch Roach managed to nab the fish on top of the small pile. Flap, flap, flap. The fish wacked the sides of Roach's face as he pulled his head from the bucket, catching the attention of the Two Leg.
    "Hey! What do you think you're doing?"
    Roach froze and stared up at the man with those wide kitten eyes that no one can truly resist, all while the fish flapped into surrender. "Fine, you can have one. Just one." The two leg raised a finger towards his wrinkled face and shook it, "One." Not understanding Roach watched the two leg turn back towards the river before planting himself besides the man to eat the fish. He could feel the two leg glancing towards him repeatedly.
    "You know, my wife loves cats." The two leg shifted the rod into one hand and reached around to pet Roach. The cat jumped, initially unsure of the interaction before relaxing into the touch, it had been so long since Roach had seen any affection. A soft purr escaped the young cat as he headbutted the old two leg's hand.
    "You must be pretty tough cat to survive out here all by yourself." The two leg continued, "You deserve a name." Beginning to look around the area around them, the two leg appeared to consider a name for the young cat before his eyes landed on the bucket of fish besides him, "How about Roach? Since you enjoy them so much."
    The duo spent the remainder of the two leg's afternoon of fishing together, but the wholesome moment between them came to an end when the two leg attempted to pick Roach up - afterall, he intended to give the young cat a warm. dry and comfortable place to live. Roach scrambled out of the two legs arm, landing undelicately in his tackle box before speeding off into the bushes.
    Roach would later need to have an embedded fishing hook removed by the medicine cat at the clan that he would later join, which he then fashioned into an accessory as a reminder of his life before.
    Shark Fact: The Tassled Wobbegong 'fishes' by waving it's tail to resemble a fish resting at the opposite end of it's hide out. By doing this prey items will be led to believe it is safe and venture towards 'the other fish', but before reaching the tail, they will be swiftly nabbed by this funky looking ambush predator!
Last edited by olivionary on Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hush » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:12 am

Username: Hush
Cat Name: Krakenstorm
Clan: Clan of the Forgotten Hollow
Prompt:
The territory that the Clan of the Forgotten Hollow is a place where strange things seem to happen frequently. Beasts passed down in legends appear and vanish into thin air regularly and the miasma of the dark forest has a stronghold. The spirit of its founder haunts and influences the minds of almost all of the clan as they fight each other and strive to build a stronger clan. The type of clan where strength in battle determine how others treat you. So when the soft young tom took more of an interest in hunting he was treated like a joke by his mentor and clan mates. Before earning his name he was know as Blueminnow, being given his warrior name as an insult and reference to his love of hunting the coastal shore and mountainous cliffside of the clan. Being left mostly to his own devises as the other warriors teamed up to hunt larger and more impressive prey, Blueminnow spent his days learning and perfecting his fishing skills. Finding discarded trinkets left behind by twolegs who often set up their temporary dens near the beaches. He leaned how to dig up worms, gaining him even more teasing by his clanmates as they called him a worm-eater. As his skills improved he began pulling in larger and larger prey and his build became more solid to help him in the sometimes long battles with the fish who called the shoreline their home.

One day he decided to see what kind of fish he could catch off the higher cliffs during a storm. He had gathered a longer fishing line than usual and secured it around his tail before bracing it across his body like he normally did to avoid being pulled in and stood on the other side of the fallen redwood giants as a second level of protection from being pulled off the cliff, having been pulled into the shoreline more times than he’d like and developing a good safety plan because of it. Wiggling the hook periodically, he waited and as he enjoyed the sights of the ocean he was able to relax and be himself in the clan that had forgotten him.

As he enjoyed his day of fishing a storm rolled in off the horizon, but that didn’t deter him as he waited patiently to see what he would catch. “Worm-eater, what are you still doing out here waiting your time? You don’t even have prey for the pile yet?! You’re wasting den space if you come back empty jawed. I wasn’t even born in this clan and I contribute much more to it than you do.” Soulflame, a newly joined warrior scolded him. The munchkin taking every opportunity to talk down to him as a weaker member of the clan to boost his own position. Blueminnow opened his mouth to protest and tell the noisy tom to leave him alone, he was silenced by a loud crack of thunder before being pulled into the redwood with such force it began to move a little. The line squishing him so tight it made him feel as though his tail could be pulled off as the line cute into his body the way he had it wrapped around himself, being blinded by the splintered wood as he was pressed into the fallen redwood. “Oh StarClan whatever you have on that line must be crazy strong!” Soulflame gasped as he ran to him, unsure of how to help, but wanting to see what was on the other end of the line. Running to the cliff he looked over and went pale as he backed away slowly. “That thing is the biggest squid I’ve ever seen! You have to let the line go or it’ll pull you in you mouse-brain!” He shouted as Blueminnow steadied himself and started fighting the beast on the other side of his line. He’d fought strong fish before, but this was a fish that’s even existence was passed down in legend. There was no way he’d just let it go that easily. “It’s a Kraken! Get over here and help me, we’ll feed the clan for weeks!” He shouted forcefully at the cat who’d just been talking down to him. Normally being the type to stay quiet while being talked down to, it caught Soulflame off guard but he just nodded and did as he was told, bracing the line with his body and working together with Blueminnow’s instructions to bring in the beast.

Minutes turned into hours, both Tom’s turning into panting messes, soaked to the bone by the pouring rain that turned the dirt into mud and made keeping steady footing even harder. Slowly they managed to wrap the line around the redwood and shorten the line until suddenly a loud crash echoed through the forest, lightning strike lighting up the cliff and blinding them temporarily and deafening them even longer. The clouds began to part as they regained their senses and after shaking themselves off, went to the cliff and finished pulling in their catch. “I can’t believe we did it! I’ve only heard of the kraken in old queens tales.” Blueminnow said as he dragged the seabeast farther away from the cliff. “I know! It was so strong too! I can’t believe you could pull it back on your own even a little bit when I felt how strong it was with us together.” Soulflame exclaimed as he collapsed into a panting mess in the mud. “You’re not a worm-eater after all. More like a Krakenstorm!” He laughed before one of Wolfstar’s wolves appeared and looked at them before dragging the sea monster to camp, both feeling as tho they were being watched now but also as though they had been watched for a while and only now aware. “That name appears to be quite fitting. No minnow could have succeeded in taking down a sea beast like this after all. From now on you will no longer be Blueminnow, the storm washes that name away and you are now known by your great accomplishment, Krakenstorm.” The leader stepped out from his spot on the hill above them and spoke in a deep gravely voice, though there was a sense of pride behind it as a grin crossed his muzzle. “Now both of you get that mud off of yourselves and get back to camp.” He ordered harshly before leaving, both jumping up and looking at each other and laughing as the tension left them and they walked back to camp together and talking about their day, having grown closer due to their ordeal.

Shark Fact: Certain species of sharks give live birth where the eggs hatch inside the mother and the first to hatch eat the other eggs to become strong.
Last edited by Hush on Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
x
x
x
x
x
x

╔══════════════╗
xxImage
* id #256165
* Pantry Puffs
* Art shop
* Toyhouse
╚══════════════╝
xxxxart credit*stamp credit
Hush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:30 am

Username: Archaeopteryx.
Cat Name: Abyssalbasihyal
Clan: Enurian
Prompt:
    Like many ferraen on Enurian, Abyssalbasihyal chose his name. Unlike many ferraen, Abyssalbasihyal waited many years, preferring to name himself after something about himself he could consider worthy of naming himself rather, instead of simply his personality or the color of his pelt.

He believes, now, that his name shows his breadth of skill. His skill and prestige is known the continent over for being the only fisher able to pull the monsters up from the abyssal zones of the Fissure, trading their parts to be made into weapons, tools, or jewelry. No one else can do what he does, and while he's quiet about it in speech, he carries his name as a badge of honor.
Shark Fact:
    Because a shark's tongue is so much different than what we consider to be a tongue, it is known as a basihyal! In most sharks it doesn't have a use, but cookie cutter sharks use it to help them feed.

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crexmii » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:17 pm

Username: crexmii
    Cat Name: tetrahaze
    Clan: the solivagante
    Prompt: wip !!
    Shark Fact: using its pectoral and pelvic fins, the epaulette shark can walk on land!
crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me