Range Trotter BE#013 by Lex.

Based on Click to view
Artist Lex. [gallery]
Time spent 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter BE#013

Postby Lex. » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:37 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Introducing Northern Flicker!
creates a black upside down crescent at the bottom of the neck and over the upper chest and a marking from the point of the mouth back. This marking will never extend past the eyes. The tail is always two toned with black being the more dominant color from the tips upward.

Personality comp! Give this trotter a personality.

End Date: 3/7

Username: Orion
Show Name: GDC Sailor's Word
Barn Name: Sailor

Height: 15.3hh
Eye Color: Pale Mud
Phenotype: Sooty Silver Bay Northern Flicker Slipped Tobiano
Genotype: EE AA ZZ Stysty Nflnfl ToTo
- Dominant for Extension, Agouti, Silver. These will always pass

Last edited by Lex. on Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter BE#013

Postby Boghound » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:02 pm

Username: Silco
Show Name: BKD's Ghastly Grin
Barn Name: Haunter
Height: 14hh
Halter Color: Artist's choice
Prompt: Haunter was named after a certain ghostly pokemon because he's mischievous and has a habit of sneaking up on people! Haunter likes to move as slowly and quietly as possible and then lip at humans around the barn. It's hilarious and terrifying all the same. He loves getting into trouble; he's the first to roll around in the new mud puddle right after a bath. We've had to change the locks on the barn stalls four times because he keeps figuring out how to open them - and let himself and his buddies out for a late night stroll. Nothing seems to spook him, but he lives to spook others. He can be a pain, that's for sure!
-
-
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
utterly obsessed with kento nanami, my husband.

🦈

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:51 am

Username: Furrydogs12
Show Name: Ashes and Cheers
Barn Name: Ashe
Height: 14.2 hh
Halter Color: eye color
Prompt: Ashe is kind and caring, but can be boisterous and loud too. She is quiet with people she doesn't know, kind with the ones she kind of knows, and kind of rude with close friends, but you know she only does it because she cares. This girl can hold dome seriously long grudges, and won't back down from something. But she's still a girl, and girls need comforting. So after a bad fight, Ashe finds an excuse to go storm off and cry, because she hates losing friends and having her feelings hurt.
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shroom. » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:24 am

Username: Orion
Halter Color: Black w/ gold accents
Prompt: Sailor is a bit on the quieter side. He'll usually keep his distance and tuck himself away when he doesn't know you. Big crowds? Yeah, no thanks. But, with his friend group, he is pretty open. He'll get a bit sarcastic, but he means well and has a wonderful sense of humour. Also, he loooves gummy bears, but don't let him have too many! Nonetheless, once you get him to break out of his shell, you'll have a friend for life!
shroom. - she/her
if you love someone set them free
no seriously, this is the police
open up
shroom.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zentropy » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:33 am

Username: Zentropy
Show Name: ZG End of the Night
Barn Name: Noctum
Height: 14.9hh
Halter Color: Artist's choice <3
Prompt:
There's a lot to say about Noctum, but if nothing else this horse is reliable. Of course he's also confident, warm and faithful, but those are often overshadowed by tendencies of being dominating in the pasture. His reliability though, this is what he's cherished for. Riders can count on his respect especially when he's in a show or competition. Nobody's perfect of course and Noct has plenty of rainy days too. He can become obnoxiously stubborn and can refuse to budge for some. Fortunately his laid back nature shines brighter on most days.
Call me Zen! Image

ImageImageImage
Image-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage Image Image
Zentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:01 pm

Orion wrote:Username: Orion
Prompt: Sailor is a bit on the quieter side. He'll usually keep his distance and tuck himself away when he doesn't know you. Big crowds? Yeah, no thanks. But, with his friend group, he is pretty open. He'll get a bit sarcastic, but he means well and has a wonderful sense of humour. Also, he loooves gummy bears, but don't let him have too many! Nonetheless, once you get him to break out of his shell, you'll have a friend for life!

Congrats!
Sorry for late judging <3

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shroom. » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:54 am

Lex. wrote:
Orion wrote:Username: Orion

Congrats!
Sorry for late judging <3

thank you!
shroom. - she/her
if you love someone set them free
no seriously, this is the police
open up
shroom.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery