Range Trotter #127 by HowlingHooves

Based on Click to view
Artist HowlingHooves [gallery]
Time spent 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #127

Postby HowlingHooves » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:06 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Happy Valentines Day! ♥
To win this trotter, tell me how they spend Valentines with another Trotter!

Username: .Lyrebird
Show Name: Cupid's Arrow
Barn Name: Beau

Height: 15 hh
Eye Color: Strawberry Drizzle
Phenotype: Silver Bay Minimal Splash + BC Spots, Brindle
Genotype: Ee AA ZZ Splspl + BC Spots, Brindle
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #127

Postby .Lyrebird » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:16 pm

Height: 15hh
    Halter Color: Like this? c: #a63437 to #fff3e8 gradient, #fff3e8 hearts
    Prompt:
    If there was one thing to be said about Beau, it was that this mare loved... well, love. Call her what you would; a hopeless romantic, modern-day Juliet, naive - the list goes on, but in some facet these names hold truth. Ever since her foalhood, Beau would fantasize about being swept off her hooves, and developed crushes all the time, and she even had her share of attention because who wouldn't find her attractive? But her infatuations never stuck enough for an actual relationship to spring up, and so Beau was always unsatisfied and her head remained in those pink-tinged heart-shaped clouds.

Then Cocoa came to the estate and from the moment she lay eyes on the other mare, Beau knew this couldn't just be another crush. It felt different, more significant, and nearly drove the poor mare mad with how much she wished she could just be near Cocoa! The stars seemed to align, and the two mares were assigned each other as pasture buddies. And their relationship blossomed and flourished, with Beau bringing the shy newcomer out of her shell; they were inseparable.

And then Valentines day rolled around and Beau had her first chance to really show off just how sappy she could really be. All across the estate, she traded and bartered and bargained with the other inhabitants for special breakfast ingredients from their feeds, heaping them together in their pasture in the shape of an - admittedly crude - heart. After breakfast, she orchestrated the two of them breaking out of their assigned paddock into one with more growth and, most importantly, a patch of sandy clay-dirt for the roll of a lifetime. They grazed for a while, enjoying each other's company ( while Beau may or may not have tried out a few cheesy pick-up lines she'd heard from the humans and reveled in Cocoa's laughter ), until lunch time where Beau produced a couple of peppermints and a whole apple she'd no doubt conned from the humans by being as cute as possible the day before. And to round the day, as the sun started to drop, Beau took Cocoa down to the far side of the pasture where the whistles to come in for the night couldn't even be heard and the two of them watched the sunset and the first stars twinkle to life.

Quietly, so quietly she almost couldn't be heard over the crickets and frogs, Beau murmured her love and the sentiment was returned without hesitation by Cocoa.

Last edited by .Lyrebird on Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
⟨ Kitty/Lyre ⋆ She/Her ⟩

i miss you little dragon
real life is hard again
may be distant

.Lyrebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chellerd » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:28 am

Honestly, not really my holiday either, but I do want to enter <3

Username: Chellerd
Show Name: Passionate Desire
Barn Name: Valentine
Height: 15.1 hh
Halter Color: Shaded eye colour
Prompt: The day begins with a lovely breakfast during sunrise, afterwards they take a long walk through the forest, by the gorgeous waterfall and they even have a little swim in the waters, they finally have a romantic dinner watching the sunset and have a romantic evening under the stars in an open field.
Image Image

|| infinitely tired ||

Image Image Image

chellerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Temper » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:33 am

Username: Temper
Show Name: Irresistibly Wicked
Barn Name: Spice
Height: 15 hh
Halter Color: Red with black hearts (or if not just eye color)
Prompt: Spice had always been a cynic when it came to valentines day. Every year come February, she stalked around the barn with her ears pinned when the barn owners started decorating with hearts and cupids everywhere. Spice could not imagine what it was like to have a special someone on Valentine's day and would not admit she did- although, she really wanted to. Secretly, she's had her eye on the newcomer to the stable, Yahtzee. He was handsome, had a great personality, and she liked how he teased her when they were turned out together. On February 13th he had asked her if she would be his valentine, and even though she thought it was too good to be true, she said yes. They planned to meet up on Valentine's day to spend time together.
The day had finally arrived, and Spice trotted nervously out to the field to meet Yahtzee. Sure enough, he was there, and hadn't flaked. He seemed genuinely happy to see her arrive and nickered affectionately. So this year was definitely looking up for Spice! Maybe she would learn to trust, and even to finally love.

.......... Image Krasivi Collies
...........Image Krasivi Trotters
...........Image Krasivi Euphorians
...........Image Krasivi Wolfhounds
...........Image Lone Bashkir Curlies
...........Image Andaluz Sport Horses

....................Image
Temper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:45 am

.Lyrebird wrote:
    Height: 15hh
    Halter Color: Like this? c: #a63437 to #fff3e8 gradient, #fff3e8 hearts
    --snip--

Congrats! What a cute little story. ♥

I'm awarding HMs to both Chellerd and Temper for their entries as well. ♥
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Lyrebird » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:12 am

tysm! the halter is gorgeous <3
    chellerd and temper, i'd love to give both of you a slot from this girlie c: hooves as well~
    pm for perms if you decide you'd like one!
x
⟨ Kitty/Lyre ⋆ She/Her ⟩

i miss you little dragon
real life is hard again
may be distant

.Lyrebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Temper » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:15 am

Thanks for the HM hooves, and thanks for the kind offer .Lyrebird! She is gorgeous

.......... Image Krasivi Collies
...........Image Krasivi Trotters
...........Image Krasivi Euphorians
...........Image Krasivi Wolfhounds
...........Image Lone Bashkir Curlies
...........Image Andaluz Sport Horses

....................Image
Temper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery