Based on Click to view
Artist Arkinhallow [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Ferox Welsh Pony #E010

Postby Arkinhallow » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:04 am

Ferox Welsh Ponies (pron. feh-roks) are a hardy pony that originated in Wales. They have fine heads with slightly dished noses, short, muscular legs and stocky bodies. While small - averaging 12 hands - feroxes make good riding horses and are sure-footed owing to the mountains of their origin country. Ferox Welsh Ponies, their name meaning fierce, are known for their big personalities, including a streak of bravery that seems to run through the entire breed. Feroxes are strong but easily handled, making them ideal for all riders. They are frequently seen in bay, black, chestnut and grey, but many other colours have been recorded to appear in the breed, including appaloosa, paint markings and dilutions like champagne.

What an unusual looking foal! It appears to have a mystery gene...

Owner: PeachyPie
    Show Name: Distinct Dynamics
    Barn Name: Wilbur
    Phenotype: Tarnished silver dun
    Genotype: Ee/AA/ZZ/Dd/TNTN
    Eye Colour: Fairy floss
    Height: 12.3 hh
    Discipline: Show jumping
    Halter Colour: Fairy floss
    Breeding Notes:
    - will always pass agouti (bay)
    - will always pass silver
    - will always pass tarnish

Tell me how he feels about his markings! Is it something he leans into, or do they make him feel out of place? 1 piece of art and 1 piece of writing is allowed; minimum sketched half-body, and min 150 words.

End date: 17th October

This foal will grow and can be bred on October 23rd.
Last edited by Arkinhallow on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ferox Welsh Pony #E010

Postby Kruxly » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:11 am

Owner: Honey~
Show Name: GSS Quicksteps A Star Is Born
Barn Name: Dionysus
Height: 13hh
Discipline: Driving
Halter Colour: White
Competition: WIP

Pulling out
Last edited by Kruxly on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kruxly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachyPie » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:19 am

Owner: PeachyPie
Show Name: Distinct Dynamics
Barn Name: Wilbur
Height: 12.3 hh
Discipline: Show jumping
Halter Colour: Matching eyes
Competition:

Wilbur was always a carefree foal, frolicking in the fields with his mother and never knowing that he looked different than the other foals. Then one fateful day in October a young girl came get Wilbur and place him in a pasture along with the other foals, for it was time for them to be on their own. The first time Wilbur joined all the other foals on the farm he remembers standing at the gate watching all of them frolic around in the fresh grass. Immediately he noticed that his coat was different, they were all glossy shades of bay, chestnut, and cream but his was not the same. Wilbur ran to the far corner of the field and hid from the other foals, when they tried to approach him, he would kick and neigh at them out of fear that they were going to make fun of him! This fear lasted for two weeks until one chilly morning, when all the other foals were asleep, Wilbur awoke to find three little fox kits playing on the edge of the forest just outside of the pasture. While watching them run around in the grass he noticed that one of the kits was different than the others, two were bright oranges but the third was a beautiful silver. After watching them play for a little while they scampered off into the woods and Wilbur came to the conclusion that it doesn’t matter if you look a little different, every foal deserves to and will be treated with the same love as the others. With his newfound confidence Wilbur decided to venture to the front of the field where all the other foals were. To his surprised they did not tease him or make fun of him but rather they welcomed Wilbur to play with them and from the day on Wilbur never let his differences come in the way of his opportunities ever again. (word count – 324)

Last edited by PeachyPie on Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
PeachyPie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:26 am

Owner: olivionary
    Show Name: TCHKE Invert and Reverse
    Barn Name: Revy
    Height: 11hh
    Discipline: Lesson Pony
    Halter Colour: Eye colour
    Competition: Revy is fairly indifferent to his markings. He things that they are pretty, but he realises that he is different to the other ponies. He completely understands why he might get weird looks or be called silly names, but he does his best to keep his head up and ignore it - at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Most of the riders seem to adore him and dote on him. He knows some of them are particularly charmed by how 'weird' he looks, which he assumes is a good thing in their eyes. Revy feels lost and as if he doesn't belong, but still feels like he can own his markings and show off just how great they look.
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FadeV » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:33 am

Owner: FadeV
Show Name: Graceful Spiderweb
Barn Name: Ace
Height: 12.7
Discipline: Driving
Halter Colour: Eye color
Competition:

actually, Ace doesn't feel out of place at all- ever since he was born, Ace had been rather pushy and proud, with a big ego. He considers his coat to be very intimidating and elegant, and will often flaunt it in front of the other foals- he thinks he's the boss of everything, and his coat is the most beautiful, much better than the other foals. However, he has a soft side- he doesn't like when the foals fight. He may be a bit pushy and rude, but he hates it when the foals begin to fight. He always tries to mediate the situation the best he can, and protects the other foals if they're being bullied. He believes that to be a good leader, he has to make sure that his friends are happy- He wants to make the farm a safe place for everyone, even if they aren't quite as amazing as him.
Image Image Image
Image Image
FadeV

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BoomARat » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:36 am

mark! super cute <3
Leaving CS
BoomARat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LemonBunny » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:36 am

Owner: LemonBunny
Show Name: Polar North's From The Heart
Barn Name: Cupid
Height: 11 hh
Discipline: Dressage
Halter Colour: Pastel pink, please!
Competition: Cupid originally felt very, very out of place. He was the only chimeric horse at the ranch he was born at, the only one displaying such markings and colorations. He would grow a little more used to seeing them over time, but they were always something he felt embarrassed by, he would often isolate himself from the other foals in fear of being shunned anyways. When he arrived at Polar North, Cupid did the same thing for months, hiding himself away, acting shy and reserved, until one day he met a rather different mare. Freya. One look at her and Cupid felt his heart absolutely soar with glee as this motherly mare had the same markings he did- Chimeric Black. He reared up and began to trot closely by her side, enjoying her company and looking up to her as a step-mom of sorts. Her kindness and personality helped him open up to be more accepting of himself, thus making him more social with the other horses. Once he realized that there were so many horses at PN with different markings and colors, he realized that maybe he wasn't so different after all, and that to everyone there- he looked pretty normal for a pony! (205 words)
LemonBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rebelappy » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:37 am

Owner: rebel.appy
Show Name: Whisper In The Wind
Barn Name: Secret
Height: 13hh
Discipline: Show Jumping
Halter Colour: light blue
Competition: here
This art is showing that he’s insecure of his marking , but given the markings he has, he blends in with the sunflowers due to his yellowish coat and black markings! He chooses to hide away in the sunflowers, deep in his thoughts!
rebelappy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ...Loading... » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:42 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by ...Loading... on Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
...Loading...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arkinhallow » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:55 pm

Closed, I'll judge this one a little later today <3
Arkinhallow