Re: kalon #1484 - bean sidhe

Postby Yuroshi » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:30 pm

username: yuroshi
kalon name: Wraith
prompt:
Wraith wrote:
A Fear I Cannot Face

I have one fear, I cannot face- it is my only one.
A single fear that shakes my world... but that fear hasn't won.
I'll tell you now, if you should wish, a bit about my life
It hasn't been the easiest, but it's mostly without strife.

It all began many years ago, when my mother took me out
To this beautiful place, a foggy mire, to learn patience, I have no doubt.
She told me then, "Hold still my dear, wait here, see what you learn."
And as she faded into the trees, she promised, "I will return."

So wait I did, for the first days, and learned the truth of hunger
Until I saw a black flower, under which the earth did sunder.
And from that single lovely bloom appeared one large black berry
Of which I simply had to eat- my hunger it did bury.

The single bloom grew everyday, from spring into the fall,
And with the horrid winter cold, it still bloomed through it all.
The flower knows that I just wait, she's keeping me alive...
Until my mother comes for me, she and I will survive.

Wraith may be grown by now, but she never lost her childish innocence. She never grew old enough to know many fears, beyond the simple wariness of heights and loud noises that all are born with. Instead, thanks to the death of her father, she has only one fear- abandonment. Yet, this fear is so intense, so dark, that if she ever were to face it? It would consume her. And so, when little Wraith was abandoned... she simply could not accept that it was so. When her mother dropped her off, and told her to wait? Well, wait she did. The spirits in the forest saw her as a child, and pitied her as she wasted away, unable to believe that her mother would leave her, and summoned forth a black flower. The black flower offers one berry a day, just enough to sate her hunger, and keep her alive. She loves her flower, dearly, and how it waits with her. Thanks to it, she is able to be blind to her fear, but not fade away because of it. And still, she patiently sits by her mire, in a forest filled with spirits, steadfastly ignoring the truth that her greatest fear is already realized... and she is well and truly abandoned.
Last edited by Yuroshi on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:31 pm

username: Schnuffel Bunny
    kalon name: Carey
    prompt: (answer through writing or artwork; word limit of 900 / limit of 7 comic panels)

Wip!

What a babe, riddle. u v u
Species Artist for:
ImageImage

My most favorite things:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Discord: Schnuffel Bunny#0531
Pokemon Unite User: Schnuffel

If you feel like chatting, don't feel shy to PM me!
      kalons - chicoons - zeus
      ▶ Adult - She/Her - August 1 🎉

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

sheji - kal tryout

Postby 薄桜鬼 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:36 pm

Username: 薄桜鬼

Name: Sheji Gender: Male

Prompt
xx Some say he died with his friends that day; others claim he was never all “there”. How he was a mirage on the battlefield, holding a smile that one could describe as not quite right. The storytellers usually attempted to choke up here, filled with pity poorly disguised as sorrow, "But―" they'd say, sowing words that seemingly doomed those passed to their fate―

xx "Well, you know how he is."
xx "It was inevitable."

xx Sitting around, unaffected by the flames of war, not having felt the loss of the man of whom they degrade through petty gossip. The man they could not understand, and one might feel they cared not to either, listening to their words.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

xx With peace having long since returned, the many cultivators of the world had the downtime and privilege to enjoy battle again. To fight, to learn, to grow and gain experience through the fists and weapons of another. This exchange was both valued and cherished. Duels were common and organized competitions grew in popularity, so much so that official leagues and rankings were set up. Rewards were offered, and for some, this was quite enticing.

xx The match today, however, didn’t hold the feeling of a grand competition. It was a modest duel, between a youthful individual and the other, of the older generation― a wise and skilled older man. Despite the modesty, today’s duel was still as popular as any other, crowds of cultivators and commonfolk scattered around the raised arena in anticipation.

xx In the corner, separated from the evenly scattered people encircling the arena, you stood, arms crossed, a guard raised up towards the others around you. Yet, as you stood there, you felt a slight peace wash over you. Upon watching the youth with his spear, wildness, and arrogant charm, nostalgia pulled at your heart. The arrogant, unskilled fighting used by the youth reminded you of most pleasant memories, ones from far back times.

xx The times of your youth, shared with the smiles and laughter of your ‘brothers’. With a peaceful, most gentle smile, you recalled… Tang Xia. Ah, he is just as childish and wild. You think, laughing to yourself as you continue to watch the youth. It’d been so long since such memories resurfaced. With a chuckle, you think, He fights just like you do, so careless― The older man suddenly, with a heavy slice down, nearly delivers a fierce blow to the chest of the youth. Watching, you’re pulled from your nostalgia. Suddenly, your mind blanks before a memory races through- mimicking what you saw. Like but unlike, the scene was darker, your heart was heavier. Something feels off and you find yourself confused. You don’t recall such a memory. You attempt to disregard the feeling and turn your attention back to the fight.

xx Every once in a while, the older man’s actions seem to give rise to an awful, familiar feeling. Memories you don’t recall, memories that didn’t happen resurface and each time the youth is pushed back, you recall Tang Xia. Why? Finally, as though floodgates are opened and as the youth is knocked down and slides off the stage, vivid memories rush to you― the smell, the scene, the screams. . . the red. Eyes wide, you feel sickened as such horrible images come to you, the screams then silence, the sight of your friends, your brothers. What is this? Confusion takes over the sickness. When did this happen? This didn’t happen.

It happened.

xx They’re alive, happy… healthy.

Then where? Where are they? You’re missing answers.

xx I… don’t know. They’re alive… somewhere… Where? Why… can’t I recall?

Because they died. 8 years ago.
You’re forgetting this on purpose. You’re running from reality.

xx No… I’m… no, I’m not running.

You fear to process the death of your friends. You fear yourself as you hold yourself accountable. You hate who you are.

xx No…
xx

xx Breaking out into a cold sweat, you find yourself making yourself smaller, curling up, grabbing your arm, physically trying to escape. You can’t stay here. Following your instincts, you quickly glance to your side for an out, quickly slipping away from the sight of others.

xx From afar, a stranger with a soft, caring look in their eye had been watching you. Noticing the pain and sweat, worry covered their face and unconsciously they stepped towards you. As they noticed you flee, they paused for a moment before giving chase.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xx “Sir.”

xx The stranger called out. Your breath was heavy as you rested on your blade, a tree in front of you had clearly taken many blows. A sparkle of madness was visible in your eyes as you silently glanced behind you at the stranger.

xx The stranger noticed your confusion and rage. Their expression got worse as they approached you slowly. In a layered, soft and sweet manner, they asked,

xx “Are you okay?”

xx Gently, they placed their hand on your shoulder. The touch made you flinch as you continued to wearily look at them. Quietly, you managed to spit out a few words,

xx “I’m fine.”
You aren’t fine.

You aren’t fine, knowing that no matter how many battles you win, however many opponents you defeat, you can’t change the outcome of the only fight you ever lost.

[Word Counter: Roughly 871]
Last edited by 薄桜鬼 on Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
薄桜鬼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby petrify » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:44 pm

mark
petrify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lorne_Purnima » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:44 pm

Username;𝙻𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚎_𝙿𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊
    Name;𝚂𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚖 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚋𝚘𝚗𝚍
    Gender;𝙵𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚎
    Prompt;"tell me about a time this kalon was confronted with their biggest fear" biggest fear is commitment, wants to be free and do what she wants without having to answer to a husband or something. [900 words max]

WIP <3
    ╔════════════════════════════╗
    Image .can i sleep yet?. || Kalons. || TH.
    ╚════════════════════════════╝
    Image╔═════════════════════════════╗
    Image Image Image Image
    Image Image Image

╚═════════════════════════════╝
Lorne_Purnima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bluewingz » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:45 pm

username:
kalon name:
prompt: (answer through writing or artwork; word limit of 900 / limit of 7 comic panels)
<33
bluewingz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mpdg » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:46 pm

username: phunkies
-
kalon name: 暁美 / akemi (nicknamed emi)
-
-
prompt: autophobia- the fear of abandonment and being alone.

inspired by 80's anime/manga.
Last edited by mpdg on Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
mpdg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:48 pm

res
they/them, adult, pms are ok!