My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anniversary Adopt - March | Aquamarine

Postby Cyrano » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Last edited by Cyrano on Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 12 times in total.
used to be: smith(ers) & s-simplicity| toyhou.se | my kalons
Cyrano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spirit23Wolf » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:56 pm

username; Spirit23wolf
kalon name; Kaida
kalon gender; Female
myth (max 500 words) / art; Kaida's name ironically means little dragon. But before we go further into that let me tell you about the myth surrounding that particular name. You see where I come from there is a myth about these things called shape shifters. They are capable of shifting into any animal from a house cat to a wolf there is one rule thought they can not shift into any mythical beast. Except for there king/queen they are the most powerful and can shift into a dragon. Now on to the myth. There was once a young girl a shifter able to become their animal of choice at will. This girl who’s name was kaida was an orphan with nothing to her name. Then there came a day where all 14 year olds will gather at the castle and get there animal. It was a wonderful day for kaida there was so much food for her to eat and she got a beautiful new dress. The at the strike of midnight all the children shifted it was quite a sight to behold and there standing in the middle was a black as night dragon everyone bowed to the great beast and a cheer went up. For they had a new queen. Everyone was happy except for the queen she was not yet ready to give up her power. To a commoner no less. The queen then took kaida aside in to the ballroom in the castle kaida was to busy looking around to notice the queen sneaking up behind her with a knife. The queen stabbed kaida in the back it was then that the rest of the party noticed that she was gone and quickly rushed to her aid. When they saw the queen holding the knife they quickly restrained her but it was to late kaida was dead. After that the queen was sentenced to death and the king ruled alone intill a new dragon shifter was found. Ever sense that fateful night things name kaida has been cursed almost no children who are named it survive to see their 16 birthday. But our kaida is one of those and she will change her fate no matter what she is not going down with out a fight. (375/500 Words)
Pet's name: Everest (Thank You KIONO)
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Spirit23Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neon sparks » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:37 pm

username; Lieutenant sparks
kalon name; Maria
kalon gender; she/her
myth (max 500 words) / art;
she was always curious to hear of La Llorona as a child. she lived close to a wide river and so this myth was spread around allot especially by other kids. she remembers hearing her parents tell her of this myth, a pointless scare given to try and get her to behave better. however, she was not one to behave, especially not because of a river woman. so one night as she was in bed, she listened to the sounds of the river, hundreds of tiny frogs peeping songs over the water. she lifted her ears hearing the peeping stop. these frogs never quieted unless they knew danger was nearby, this made her more curious than frightened. she got quietly out of bed and stepped up to the window, peering out into the pitch blackness. she stayed silent, listening, watching. as she stood there, almost ready to return to her bed. she thought she heard it. a soft mournful song, sounding out over the river. the song would occasionally turn toward crying, calling out what sounded like names. her curiosity was aching her at this point. even if it is nothing she sounds like she needs help. she reasoned with herself. deciding to go out and explore. she grabbed a small flashlight and opened her window as wide as it could go, popping out the screen and letting it crash to the ground just below her window. she climbed out to investigate, staying close to the brush as she followed the rivers banks toward the voice. as she got closer the voice got louder, and then she saw it. a tall kalon, her fur dripping as if she had been for a swim already. this new kal was crying, singing out toward the river. she slowly approached.
croaking out a soft, "Miss?"
the figure turned to look at her, her eyes dripping goop that almost resembled tears "come now my child." she smiled a little, holding out a paw toward her.
confused but seeing no harm in it Maria walked up to the stranger confidently. that was until a yell came from behind her.
"Maria!" it sounded like her mother.
maria looked back, silently huffing knowing she had been found out "sorry, I gotta go."
she started to step back toward home and looked over her shoulder, stopping in surprise seeing that the kalon had vanished! she felt her mother hug her and pull her away from the river, she hadn't even noticed shed stepped into the water but now that her mother had found her she realized her paws were wet.
she looked up to her mother in shock "that was her!" she almost yelled before hushing her voice.
"don't you ever do that again." her mother scolded her, though she was teary-eyed, hugging her tight. "never, you hear me?"
"yes ma'ma." she looked out toward the river, faintly seeing the blue eyes of the kalon woman from before across the bank, watching them silently.
xXXXXXXXXXXzzzxxzXXxxxxxxUsed to be Lieutenant sparks

xx
xx

┌──────────────────────────────┐
xxxxxx| my toyhou.se | | my Deviantart | | Commissons are: Open |
└──────────────────────────────┘
┌──────────────────────────────┐

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
└──────────────────────────────┘

xx
ImageImage
Neon sparks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoonlightTabby » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:02 am

username; MoonlightTabby
kalon name; Kaiyo
kalon gender; Female
myth (max 500 words) / art;
WIP
ImageImage
MoonlightTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppermint mist » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:59 am

username; Peppermint Mist
kalon name; Athena
kalon gender; Female
myth;

It all began when a girl lost all that she had and everyone she loved. Gone. Just like that. She fell into a state of incurable sadness with all coherent thoughts disappearing along with her loved ones and belongings. She spent her days working in a library to be able to afford meagre amounts of food and rent a small attic room. When she wasn’t working she’d sit, staring into nothingness. No one dared approach her and it was rumoured that her family was cursed.

One day she saw an old man enter the library and amble over to a bookcase. He brushed his hand against the spines of a few old books and then gently pulled out a book from the case and turned to walk towards the girl. She made eye contact with him, something she hadn’t done for a while, and he gestured to a table nearby.

“Would you like to sit?” he murmured.

His accent was strange, one she had never heard before, it was compelling and she did as the man suggested. She sat down opposite him as he gently set the book down and began to flip through the pages. The girl watched curiously and when the old man found what he was looking for he turned the book around for her to see and jabbed a wrinkled finger at a beautifully drawn picture of a pool.

“This, this pool will stop your sadness,” he whispered.

She picked the book up and looked at it more closely and began to read a story about the pool. It said that if you sleep by the pool when the moon was full in the sky all your worries would disappear for a few hours. She looked up when she finished the story but the man was gone.

That evening the girl set out in search of the pool. A few days passed and she had spent hours travelling and searching and yet she couldn’t find it. She was beginning to lose hope that she would ever find it when, on the night of the full moon, she spotted it. The water was clear and turquoise and she could see all the way to the bottom. She lay down and fell asleep quickly with the light of the moon glinting off the surface of the pool.

When she awoke she found herself in a world that was so spectacular it was hard to describe. She spent hours exploring and finding new things everywhere she looked. She came across a magnificent creature and it slowly extended what seemed to be a hand and the girl took it with a nod of understanding.

No one knows what happened next, except for Athena. She knew that the girl woke up and felt her pain dulling, giving her time to think and time to move on.

Athena was that girl, and now, whenever she sees someone in grief she tells them a story. A story of a beautiful crystal pool.
Peppermint mist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Anniversary Adopt - March | Aquamarine [announcement pg 8]

Postby necropoliis » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:09 pm

Hello!

After a few questions and rereading my original post, I’m here to clarify that you may have both writing AND art! While I originally intended for an either/or, I realize that my wording wasn’t clear and therefore I will accept forms with both ^^

necropoliis#5084

any pronouns | infp
    kals
necropoliis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mariala » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:06 pm

--☆--
username: Mariala
kalon name: Hebe (Greek goddess of youth)
kalon gender: Female
muth:
explanation:
The legend of the kelpie began in Scotland, where the creature was described as aquatic horses with kelp weaved through its mane that lured and drowned its victims. Hebe, while not a kelpie herself, loves the myth, and sees kelpies as misunderstood creatures that deserve less fear than they receive. [50 / 50]
--☆--

Mariala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:09 am

x
x
x

username; kyar
kalon name; jolaq vantes
kalon gender; male

myth;
indentrising curls of smoke trembled in ribbons, sprouts reaching upward to the sky, then falling into a waterfall burst against the ceiling tiles, writhing in fresh air vents and dissipating in a wisp, up and away into the hazed neon sky. soft drops of water echoed against the tile of a nearly empty fountain, the faint buzz of a genuine radio tuning into the noise of the atmosphere. no songs, no real sound; the white noise of the world left outside the metro-tech empire city.

indentjolaq's tongue began to tingle, droplets of honeydew easing down his throat as his eyes fixed once more on the holoscreen before him. an archaic projection, a landscape so unfamiliar to the city-rat, twenty-two years of scraping by and counting. flowers he called daisies, though he knew they weren't, lit bright patches of red and yellow in a windswept meadow. the static of the radio could sound almost like wind, if one listened closely.

indentnine years ago, he'd still be telling the story. he sipped again at the incense, inhaling the falsified lab-grown herbs and essences nature forgot when the world came crashing down, when humanity said adiós to their origins and made out for themselves, tearing, drilling, ripping, killing. whatever was left of nature had to feel pretty beat down.

indent"many years ago, when the world was new, our land was graced by angels.
in our springtime, flowers pushed up from the earth,
stood tall through the summertime, and collapsed under the leaves and snow of winter."

indentfunny, to think seasons weren't once man-made.

indent"there were two sisters who stood upon the earth, one bright as day, the other black as night."

indenthe had to wonder what a dark night would look like. under these city lights, most days were darker.

indent"nocta and norna were their names, and they were always in competition. nocta chased her sister, trying to swallow the light of the day. norna ran in pace, keeping light for the life of the plants and animals she loved so."

indentdoes a story lose all meaning, when there's no one left to tell it to?

indent"they ran so fast the earth would spin, the days and nights turning forever as they ran. when norna tires, the cold of darkness brings us winter. and when nocta slows, the sweet winds of summer bring us warmth."

indentradio static rattled, crescendoing and crackling as the picture on the wall faded an instant. government ships overhead.

indent"the sisters never meant to settle their contest. if one should ever win, she would grieve for the loss of her sister. nature itself left in ruin, for love, over all, is everything."

indentjolaq's eyes went out of focus, staring at the fuzzy image. stories, that's all they were. those sisters were as dead as his own—manufactured diseases held no mercy. not for him, not for her, not for nature at all.

indenthis eyes drifted shut, static drowning out all the sorrow of the world.

495/500 words
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Olive; » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:11 pm

Username; OliveMyLove
Kalon Name; Aerwyna
Kalon Gender; Female

Myth; Aerwyna paced along the cliff, looking at the sparkling ocean below. She started to recite the old story, the only thing that truly calmed her.
    A kalon travels far and wide,
    But inevitably is drawn towards the tide...
The beautiful kalon could remember the first time she had heard it...

"Aerwyna, I think it’s time for me to tell you the truth about your father," Elwood said. The loving father had a pained look in his eyes as he said this, but he knew it was necessary. "Do not hate him for leaving us. He had no choice, as he had been called by the ocean. Nobody can resist its call. But one day, a message in a bottle floated up on our beach. I just knew it was about him." Elwood, with tears in his eyes, handed the faded note to his beloved daughter.

A kalon travels far and wide,
      But inevitably is drawn towards the tide.
      He leaves his love, all of his life,
      He leaves his child, ignores the strife.
      The ocean calls, and beckons him,
      "Come to me, and you can swim.
      Swim in tides with rich green ribbons
      Floating in the breeze.
      Swim, explore the whole wide ocean,
      Travel where you please!"
      And he could not resist this call,
      Try as though he might.
      He dived into the icy depths,
      Saw schools of fish take flight.
      Though the wonders of the ocean
      Never ceased to amaze,
      The kalon missed his husband,
      Missed his warm and loving gaze.
      But most of all, the one he missed
      Was his young, newborn daughter.
      The wonders of his family
      Were better than the water.
      "I must escape this place," he said,
      "I have to return home."
      And so he searched, until he found
      A whale, beneath sea foam.
      The man asked the mighty beast
      How he could return
      "I long to meet my family,
      To see them I yearn."
      "When they are ready, you may leave,
      To see them once again.
      I wish you all the best of luck,
      But you must wait till then."

"My beloved daughter, promise me you won’t ever give into the temptation of the ocean. I can’t lose you like I lost him."
    To this she said nothing, only nodding. The two kalons hugged for what seemed like hours before finally letting go.
    Aerwyna found herself heading to the cliff that overlooked the beach, message in her hand. Perhaps reading it out loud would make it more real. And so she did...

It had been years since that day, but the memory was just as vivid. Every day, she walked down to the cliff, and read the message out loud.
Today was no different. The words flowed out of her like music out of a flute. Aerwyna stared out into the distance, her hair blowing in the wind as she spoke. As she turned to leave, she saw movement out of the corner of her eye. A kalon emerged from the water. He was unmistakable.
"Father? Is that you?"

leaf © yuitea on deviant art
Last edited by Olive; on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:04 am, edited 6 times in total.
╔═════════════════════════════╗
olive • they/them • ve/ver
sylph of life
speaks: english, russian, spanish
linguistics • foreign languages • ttrpgs
kalons
╚═════════════════════════════╝
Olive;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery