Re: Kalon Family Readopt.

Postby Panda-Love-100 » Sun May 17, 2020 5:36 am

Firedancer77 wrote:Wasn’t able to finish my entry, but good luck to everyone who did! There are so many awesome forms. ^-^

Same, I hope everyone had fun! Good luck to all! <3 <3 <3
Panda-Love-100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Sun May 17, 2020 10:55 am

Good luck everyone! :3 You all did such an amazing job! I had a blast reading through the rest of the forms.
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meduz » Mon May 25, 2020 2:06 am

Thank you all so much for entering. So many of your forms were incredible and it's a shame I can't give you all a group of kalons to care for. Unfortunately in the end there can only be one winner:

THE WINNER

SilhouetteStation! I absolutely loved the character you created for Charlie and just the wholesome-ness of this whole story. The family jam sessions, Bluey and Jaden and Bri's relationship. I hope you continue to develop the relationships and take good care of these kalons.
I'll get the archive post sorted asap <3

SilhouetteStation wrote:
    Username: SilhouetteStation
    Total Word Count: 999/1000

Prompt: (249w)
    "No peeking." Underneath her hands, she felt his eyes roll. "And how exactly do you expect me to see, Jada? Do you have see through fingers? Have I been gifted x-ray vision for my birthday?" She giggled as she stumbled along behind him, trying to keep his eyes covered while she led him into the lounge. He was taller than her, which didn't help, but she'd been determined to keep this a secret; she couldn't wait to see his expression.

"Okay...just a few more steps...and...open your eyes!"

She took her hands away and moved to stand beside him with a flourish of her arms in the direction of the couch. A tiny gasp escaped Charlie's mouth. Nestled on the cushions was a guitar made of sleek, pale wood, and patterned with handprints of navy paint. One larger print was surrounded by smaller, messier ones, and a wobbly smiley face sat near the strings. The whole thing had been specially glazed to preserve the painted additions.

"Oh, Jada..." he murmured, eyes glistening. "This is-"

"Do you like it?" Jayden squeaked, popping out from behind the couch. Bri followed suit, fell over, and then scrambled up again to toddle after his brother. "Of course I do," Charlie said, scooping him up into his arms. Jada picked up Bri, who stood with his arms outstretched, and then giggled again when Charlie bent down to kiss the end of her nose. "I love it," he said, grinning. "And I love all of you."

- - - - -

Prompt: (248w)
    Charlie leant back in his beanbag, running his hands over the smooth wood of the guitar before strumming a few notes. He still loved looking at the handprints, seeing how much the kids' hands had grown since he'd been gifted the instrument a couple years ago. They'd be off to primary school soon and he hoped, once they got to highschool, they'd opt for his music class.

Music had always been an important part of his life; ever since their age, he'd had a guitar in his hands and a rhythm in his feet. He had the curious ability to be able to learn new songs by ear, and play the chords without a sheet. Of course he'd end up being a music teacher, it was like he was born to fit the role. He taught them a variety, of course, but his love for softer sounds always came through - with a few exceptions, of course. There was something about seeing the students learn, seeing their joy when they played something new, or were applauded by the class; that was a good feeling.

The calm was broken by the rapid patter of footsteps, and then Jayden burst into the room and flung himself onto the floor. Bri followed more slowly, calmly sitting down cross legged in front of their father. "What are we doing today?" Jayden demanded excitedly, and Charlie laughed. "Ready for another lesson then, eh? Alright then boys, grab your guitars, and let's have a jam."

Playlist:
    Perfect - Ed Sheeran
    Summertime - My Chemical Romance
    You're The Voice - John Farnham
    If It Means A Lot To You - A Day To Remember
    You Changed Everything - This Wild Life
    Nine In The Afternoon - Panic! At The Disco
    When The Day Met The Night - Panic! At The Disco
    Iris - Sleeping With Sirens (cover)

- - - - -

Companion: blue-tongue lizard
    Feeling: (252w)
    Bri stared into the glass tank, tilting his head slightly. Inside, the blue tongue lizard stared back, slowly crunching on a small worm. A soft smile spread across his face. Perhaps Bluey wasn't the most conventional pet, but he worked for someone like Bri.

Jayden had barged past his brother into the pet shop, of course, and complained that he should be allowed something as well. "Bri deserves a treat," Mum had repeated calmly. "You know why." In fairness, Bri did feel a bit weird about the situation. Being dyslexic, mildly autistic, a bit socially inept sometimes; he couldn't help that, and it felt strange to be singled out for things he was born with. But also, in fairness, he was looking forward to having a new friend and knew exactly what he was after.

Bluey was a good friend. Quiet, slow moving, a great listener. He lived in Bri's room, so it never felt like he was alone. He could sit him on his shoulder and together they could play video games, or watch TV with the rest of the family. Maybe what Bri liked about him most was that he was his responsibility, his pet, his special companion. He'd always had an interest in lizards, in more exotic species, and it made him feel pretty darn good to be able to give one a home.

"I do like you," he said aloud. "I like you very much. I hope you like me too." He blinked slowly, and Bluey blinked back.

- - - - -

Dream: (250w)
    "You ready for your first day at high school?"

"Of course," Jayden replied, picking up another plate to dry. "You'll need to take care of him," she murmured, and he followed her gaze to see Bri curled up on the couch, lizard on his shoulder. Jayden let out a huff. "He'd better not embarrass me," he muttered, and then spluttered when soapy water was splashed onto his face. "He's your brother," she said sharply. "Your twin. You need each other. You'll understand that one day."

Her words circled around his head as he drifted into sleep. He dreamt he was in their new school, being pushed along in a crowd but when he looked around, Bri had been lost in the sea of people. He tried to call out, but his voice was gone. The crowds pressed in, grey bodies enclosing his vision, and as much as he struggled, he couldn't get out. He was alone, and Bri was out there alone somewhere, too, more terrified than Jayden would be, but he couldn't get to him...

He woke with a start, heart pounding, and threw back the covers to hurriedly pad next door into Bri's room. There he was, sound asleep, but Jayden still wasn't settled. Without a word he crawled in next to him, and Bri stirred. "Wha?"

"It's only me."

"Oh. Okay," he replied sleepily.

"You know I love you, right?"

"I love you too," Bri murmured back, and then smiled. "Even if you are an annoying furball."

x
x
x
x

xxxxxx
Hello!

𝙻𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜:
𝙼𝚢 𝙺𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚜
Blue Rose auction

xxxxxx
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nermal1999 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:36 am

Big congrats SilhouetteStation on winning this lovely family
Your art was absolutely adorable!
If you're at all interested in any of the art I did for my entry please feel free to send over a pm :3

Thank you so much Meduz for the opportunity!
I had a lot of fun trying out for these lovely babies.

Hello I'm nermal1999

☆----------☆

(She/her ☆ Adult ☆ dyslexic)

(PTSD, Anxiety, Depression,)

Anime, Manga, Video games, TWST.
☆----------☆
This is me | Kalons | Artfight

("You guys will be fine without me here, right?"Idia Shroud )

ılılıllı▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬( ♫ )▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ılılıllı
nermal1999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Broccoli_Bento » Mon May 25, 2020 7:55 am

Congratulations!♡

Heyo heyo have a happy dayo~!
infp • autism • adhd • adult • Jan 31 • they/them • genderflux

I'm Nic, but feel free to call me by my user, however condensed you'd like even!
I'm super shy, weird, and awkward, but aren't we all at some point? Lol
I love to draw, play video games, and listen to music. Pretty much just a normal dude.

[Toyhouse] - [My Kalons] - [My Wermz] - [My Sqim]

Discord: broccoli_bento
Broccoli_Bento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Mon May 25, 2020 11:37 am

okay but I am,, beyond happy and excited rn ahhh wow

there were so many good forms and I was convinced someone else would get them tbh but I had my fingers crossed sm,, trying out for a family unit was super fun and I loved developing them and connecting with them as characters!! I'm v happy to be adding them to my kal family ;w; <3
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby womp womp » Mon May 25, 2020 11:58 am

b less congratulations silhouettestation on winning these cuties :0!! i can't wait to see your new lil gang floating around <3 feel free to keep the art i did if you'd like!
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Mon May 25, 2020 12:13 pm

congratulations silhou! Your forms were so, so cute and definitely made me smile while reading. <3
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby happysparrow » Tue May 26, 2020 4:24 am

Congratulations !! Your form was so sweet, and I absolutely adored it <33 Please feel free to keep my art if you'd like :-)
happysparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Tue May 26, 2020 4:54 am

Congrats!
Last edited by Lex. on Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist