Re: December 25th - Clydesdale Pine

Postby SilhouetteStation » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:29 am

Username + ID: SilhouetteStation + 676516
    Kalon Name: Genevieve

Prompt:

She blamed her siblings for this, honestly.

Nel had insisted that this was the way to go. That it was so much easier to put up because you didn't have to worry about sorting out the branches, or getting irritated by the fake, scratchy plastic pine needles. Her and Dani had been doing it for years in the spirit of 'seasonal authenticity' and, while their tree did always look rather pretty, it had just seemed like such a hassle. Leaf litter and dirt and the potential for bugs and all that good stuff.

Mallory had been a little more blunt about the whole thing. "You go to a place, you pick what you want, they chop it down, you whack it in a bit pot, chuck some sparkly stuff on, done and dusted. And it smells nice," they'd added on. "Even if you do get sap on your fingers."

So Gen had done it, if only to get them off her back - she'd forgone the usual artificial tree this year, in favor of a real one. It actually looked rather pretty set up in the corner of her living room, despite the aforementioned sap, after being draped in tinsel and fairy lights and a few other bits and bobs she'd collected over the years. But it was as she was standing back, admiring her handiwork with self-satisfaction glowing in her chest, that the bird had fallen out of the tree.

She might have shrieked. Who's to say?

It was a scrawny little thing. Bulging eyes and overlarge feet; barely a scrap of down growing out of its pink, near-naked skin. Ugly, but in a cute way. Sort of.

The tree place didn't care. Birds nest in places, they told her, but it wasn't their problem if she'd actually taken one home. The nearest vet was too overworked to take on something that needed such around-the-clock care, and the shelter didn't really have the facilities to take on such a young hatchling. All off the staff were too busy taking care of their own animals, anyway, and so - after calling everyone she could possibly think - Gen found herself here.

Crushing up worms - I'm so sorry, little wormies - to try and feed to her new house guest, who was currently residing in a combination of its old nest, which she fished out of the tree, and a small bundle of spare material scraps to keep it warm. She'd managed to find a syringe that she hoped would be enough to mimic the mother's beak. It wasn't exactly how she'd planned on spending her evening, but she couldn't let the little thing go hungry, could she?

Oh yeah, she thought to herself, nose crinkling as she reached for another worm. She blamed her siblings entirely.

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LokisTrick » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:19 am

Username + ID: LokisTrick + 47801
Kalon Name: Ponder
Prompt:

WIP!!
Dreaming Deep~

Looking for celestial garden item set!
LokisTrick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fuiuki » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:22 am

Username + ID: fuiuki + 368610
Kalon Name: Holly
Prompt:

Holly loves christmas. Truly, she does! What she DOESN’T love is all the stress and family drama. She loves her parents, she loves her siblings, and she loves her uncles and aunts and grandparents, but put them all in a room together and they become a nightmarish cacophony of squabbling, arguing, yelling and just all around mean people. Holly only attends Christmas gatherings out of obligation, and because she has no good excuse to NOT go. She would have LOVED to stay home and celebrate with her partner (who wisely decided to not come with her), but her family would be bothering her to the moon and back about not going. It really wasn’t worth it, come to think about it. There weren’t even any presents for her under the tree, since she’s an adult. They were all for the kids and parents.

After another round of her uncles yelling over the quality of their christmas hams, Holly’s brain (not to mention EARS) had had enough, and she needed to take a walk to clear her head. Her hometown went all out on decorations for holidays, so she’d have plenty of pretty lights and decorations to look at as she desperately tried to remember WHY she loved Christmas in the first place. It clearly wasn’t because of her family, at least not anymore.

She hadn’t always celebrated with everyone for Christmas, she used to only spend it with her parents. Since they passed away, the holidays just didn’t feel right being on her own so she thought she’d at least see what the big deal about her family’s gatherings were about. Her parents never wanted to go, and she quickly found out WHY they hadn’t. When her family saw that she’d finally attended, they HOUNDED her every Christmas after that! She just HAD to come, oh please won’t you attend again? Holly really couldn’t say no, not without good reason. She was too much of a pushover.

Huffing to herself about her own weak resolve, Holly walked to the town center with its big Christmas tree. Decked out in any and all sorts of decorations you could imagine, it had always been Holly’s favourite part of the town decorations. Sitting down right next to it, she looked at the bird shaped decorations hanging right at the bottom of the tree. They were red, with little clusters of leaves in their beaks, sparkling golden accents on their wings and… were moving? Holly looked closer. The birds weren’t moving themselves, but the branches they hung on were shaking quite oddly. Peering into the dark spaces between the branches and needles, she saw… a little face peering back at her, with whiskers and big, round eyes. A kitten. A small tux, with white cheeks and whiskers and a black nose. Lots of pearly white kitten teeth too she noticed, as it suddenly meowed a long, drawn out kitten yell at her.

By this point a few more visitors around tree had noticed the little cat, and were cooing and aww’ing at it, but the little one wasn’t a big fan apparently. The poor thing looked frightened, and spat and hissed at the bystanders who tried to reach out to it. Holly didn’t know what to do, but the other people around her seemed to have a good idea of what to do with the stray, so she supposed she might as well leave them to it. They seemed to be discussing catching it to hand over to a shelter, and that was as good of an idea as any she supposed. The kitten didn’t agree.

Plopping down onto the ground and shooting out from beneath it, the kitty shot straight for Holly. It climbed up her legs with its tiny kitten claws, and buried its face in her neck and hair. It had a death grip on her fur, which thankfully was thick enough that she didn’t feel any little claws pricking her skin. One of the observers of the kitten drama laughed uproariously.

”It seems the cat distribution system has worked its magic again! That cat has chosen you, it would be cruel to take it away and put it in a shelter now!”, the man said, with a knowing tone in his voice.

Holly didn’t know what the ”cat distribution system” was, but peering back at the little face on her shoulder, she had to agree. The kitten was purring nervously, with no hissing and spitting, and seemed to have no intention of letting go. Holly didn’t know much about cats, but she supposed she’d have to learn. The world seemed to have given her a Christmas gift, and she decided to accept it.

Trudging back to her family with her new companion curled up on her shoulder, Holly thought about the chaos about to greet them. A cat wouldn’t like all that noise and yelling, so she supposed she’d just found an excellent excuse to go home instead, and not attend more Christmas parties with her family. Her partner had already been talking about getting a pet, it was really the perfect opportunity.

Looking back again at the little face on her shoulder, she decided to name it Pine. It had a small pinecone stuck in its fur, so she thought that was just perfect. A tiny Christmas miracle, under the tree on Christmas day.
Hello! I'm a tired person with a love for
all things creative, animals, pixel art
and aquariums.

(Ask me about making you art!)
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BloomyCat » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:22 am

Username + ID: BloomyCat 1066911
Kalon Name: Luciana
Prompt: Luciana found mystical seeds under a christmas tree, which was christmas tree pine seeds! Luciana now is a gardener of many magical pine trees. She was pretty excited because next christmas, more magic seeds will be given under the tree.
She is also very friendly!
BloomyCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lizzybee » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:45 am

Username + ID:
lizzybee, 979405

Kalon Name:
Kane

Prompt:
It was squeaking that woke her - not the type of squeaking that a mouse would make, silent as they were to be tonight, or floorboards groaning under a heavy house. It was more... hinge. Something opening, or closing, an attempt to be quiet broken by the betrayal of a non-oiled joint.
Kane was up in an instant, blankets twisting around her legs as she rolled up and out of bed, hooves hitting her thick carpet with a soft thud.
The squeaking stopped.
A glance at the overhead hanging clock told her it was still early morning. Too early for anyone to be dropping by for sure. Too early for any justifiable reason to be out for anyone. She reached for a lantern, taking a moment to carefully brush her hair out of the way, and moved for the bedroom door as quietly as she could.
Her door clicked open silently, not a creak to be heard. She stepped out into the halls carpeted with the same shaggy rug she had in her room, muffling every heavy hoofstep as she slowly made her way down. The lantern flames illuminated the ancient walls as she walked, turning their usual caramel brown tones into something dark, cold. Where her shadow cast was nothing but black.
She paused at the doorway before entering. Listened.
There it was again. A squeak, followed by a breeze that chilled. The flame in her lantern flickered. Kane took a deep breath and then jumped around the corner, paws scraping off the wood as the carpet ended, followed by threatening heavy bangs as her hooves then met wooden floor. She drew her lips up into a growl, ready to face whatever... empty room faced her.
An empty room with very obvious snow trampled about, fresh, centred mostly around the window creaking in the cold winter wind and open when it most certainly had not been when she'd gone to bed.
A moment to quickly scan the room, light swinging to brighten every corner of the room with her head turns, and when she was sure she could see nothing she dropped the lantern to the floor and dashed for the windows where she reached out and slammed them closed. The latch dropped automatically as they hit each other and she turned sideways to press herself against the wall, scanning the room again.
Empty. Most certainly empty.
As always.
Kane let her shoulders slump as she turned around again to tie the curtains shut. Mud, as always. Wet with snow and mud. She made sure to tie them twice before she went to find the sweeping brush and clear up the snow before it melted everywhere.
Then she took her lantern and returned to bed.

Dawn came a few measly hours later, bringing the grey sun that would turn the dark world white, a landscape punctured only briefly by the green of trees that had managed to shake the weight of the nights weather. Kane woke when her clock chimed at a sensible hour, today pulling her blankets off the bed with her to trudge back out to the rest of her cabin. Through the usual motions of her early mornings - breakfast, coffee so hot off the hob it burned to drink. Combing her hair and tail, typing the latter up so it didn't drag quite so much on the floor. Picking off loose pine needles and placing them into the jar she kept on the mantlepiece, where she finally stopped to reach out for the other item she kept there.
She paused as she looked at it, back towards the window she had slammed the night before, back to the little wooden decoration before she sighed. Time to hunt again.

It was a short moment to get prepared; a scarf, her old tattered hat, pulling it snugly down over her ears until it almost covered her eyes. She dropped her blanket onto the rocking chair, an inviting promise of warmth for when she returned. She tucked her tail up into its braid to try and minimise how much snow it'd eventually collect, and when she felt ready, she unlatched her front door and stepped out into the woods that surrounded her gloriously isolated home.
It was not under the first tree she checked; it was never that easy. Not that it was ever hard to find, either, but the first? Too easy. Nor the second. The third has a shred of ribbon nailed to it. That was new. She followed the direction of the arrow scratched into the bark below it. Another empty tree base, the next more ribbon. She did her best to ignore the heaviness of her tail and the fur around her legs as snow clung to it and tried to chill her enough to drive her back inside. It had to be somewhere. It was never far.
Nine more trees, two more scraps of ribbon, and then she saw it. Something oddly shaped and dark, partially buried in the snow, only made as obvious as it was by the vibrant red ribbon fluttering in the wind tied to a low hanging branch above it.

"About time," Kane sighed, making sure to raise her voice when she said it. "Why do they always get further away? I hate scavenger hunts."
She never knew if anything listened when she said it, but it felt worthwhile saying out loud. Just in case.
She was careful brushing the snow off it and picking it up. Decided she'd study it better at home, finding the easiest place to grab it in her teeth without it falling apart or slipping, before she turned and headed back the way she'd come. At least the snow had stopped for today. It was easy to follow her messy tracks.
The cabin appeared. Warm and inviting. No open windows or squeaking door joints. That meant there was only one this time, at least - which she'd expected, frankly, only having one slot left. She turned to kick the door open with her back hoof, put the little wooden creature down on the porch where she shook off the snow, and then she gathered it back up to head inside.

Kane placed what was now clearly another wooden kalon down on the coffee table to peer at it. It only took a second to realise, and another second to be filled with brief surprise. Was this... her?
She squinted, carefully spun it around to study it properly, and then concluded that it had to be. The tiny red berried stuck on with beads, flat needles painted onto the stained wooden grain. Two hooves lifted in motion, pinned on each side of the body with a little clockwork pin she had no doubt would set the figure in motion if she twisted it. The tail flowed out behind it, golden touches that shimmered when she tilted it more into the light. There were clumps of faux snow mockingly stuck to it that made her snort.
Yes, it was her. Had to be. No other option.
Satisfied that she knew this one, at least, Kane turned to grab the decoration from her mantlepiece. She slid it onto the table carefully, spin it until the last wooden slot sat in front of her, and then slotted the wooden attachment into place. It fit right in as always. Looked as natural as the other kalons - none of which she knew - did, the bright carousel poles looking more like they blended with the kalons rather than sat behind them. It was a clever little illusion she always found herself impressed with whenever she happened to look over and remember that it was sitting there.

When she was sure it was secured, Kane twisted the metal clockwork key and sat back to watch it spin. A cheery bell-like tune floated from it, a repetitive few notes likely only intended to cover the clanking noise of the carousel as it spun and bobbed each figurine up and down. Complete, at last.

Once the song drew to an end, Kane picked the little toy back up and placed it back onto the mantlepiece where it belonged, making sure to let the newest addition face the room.

She wasn't sure she'd ever know who was leaving them, or why, but in the end it didn't matter. She clearly had no power to stop it, and she was still following through with the annual scavenger hunt, so what did it matter?
She twisted the key again and smiled as the little tune played, and wandered back into the kitchen to make another coffee as the melody filled her little cabin with chiming.

[1448]
Last edited by lizzybee on Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
the flower that
follows the sun,
does so even
in cloudy days.
╔╗
║║
╚╝
╔════════════╗
..Elizabeth | xi/xim | bees🐝

╚════════════╝
╔╗
║║
╚╝
lizzybee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burn. » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:02 am

Username + ID:
Kalon Name: Wip
Prompt: Wip
Burn.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mimu » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:24 am

Username + ID: Mimu + 814628 | Kalon Name: Amelia
Prompt:
Snow was coating the lands of open fields, with no idea of how deep you could get your foot stuck in, it was never-ending on these lands. In this season, you won't see mothers of animals walk with their offspring, it is dangerous for the cold to take over the newborns that have started in this world. One little foal was all alone.

Taking steps into the snow, was a challenge. One foot would go higher than the other, making it hard to travel around this open field, but it didn't stop. Out of the sheet of never-ending snow, it found a tree. A big pine tree that looked like a traditional Christmas tree. Walking over to the patch, no snow was being affected was nice. One last call to her mother echoed, nothing was coming back.

"there you are!" a voice. The sound of crunching snow was loud and fast coming towards the foal, a bright light that came closer. It was Amelia, she finally found the lost foal. A bright smile was on her face, it made the foal feel safe. " No one should be alone this christmas kid ! " she said with a smile. Safe and warm.
[200 words]
Note ; made the story shorter for the 200 max !
Last edited by Mimu on Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

x
xx
Xx( ㅅ´ ˘ ` ) ── ★ ˙ ̟
Tinky | Artist | Adult
"I gave you all i had...i did"
xXXx✦ | Kals |
xxxxxArt credit !

Mimu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cheetahss » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:48 am

Username + ID: cheetahs 1012721
Kalon Name:
Prompt:

Mark/wip
cheetahss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bunnyguts » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:09 pm

Username + ID: bunnyguts 686791
Kalon Name: nymphaea
Prompt:

nymphaea, a young woman with a heart as pure as her name, approached the christmas tree with a mixture of anticipation and nostalgia. she traced the ornaments with fond orbs, memories flooding back. as she knelt down to inspect a seemingly ordinary package, a glint caught her eye. nestled beneath the branches was a small, carefully wrapped box adorned with a festive bow that reads "for my eternal flower, may luck follow you always. love, dad". with care, nymphaea began to unwrap the gift, revealing a weathered horseshoe with intricate, faded engravings; the metal whispered stories of bygone days. her eyes misted as she recognized it – the lucky charm her late mother had held onto since she was a little girl. this treasured heirloom, now in her possession, had always been a symbol of love and protection.

overwhelmed by emotions, nymphaea recalled her father's thoughtful gesture. he had preserved the horseshoe, presenting it to her as a christmas surprise. as she held the timeless symbol of luck in her hands, warmth enveloped her heart and she dawned a pained smile. memories of her mother's laughter, the scent of holiday spices, and the joy of family gatherings came rushing back. nymphaea's eyes sparkled with tears of gratitude and joy.. but also a hint of sadness. the christmas tree seemed to shimmer with an ethereal glow, radiating the magic of the season; it reminded her of all those holidays she was fortunate enough to spend with her mother. the shoe became a tangible link to her past, a reminder that love endures even in the face of loss.

in that tender moment, nymphaea felt her mother's presence as she hugged the shoe to her chest, a guiding force continuing to shape her life. the lucky object became more than a trinket; it became a beacon of hope, resilience, and the enduring power of family bonds. as carols continued to play softly in the background, nymphaea embraced the precious gift tighter. grateful for the love that transcended time and generations, all she could utter was a speechless "thank you".

[346 words]
sending love to everyone handling the holidays/new years without a loved one this year. <3
Last edited by bunnyguts on Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
.•° ✿ °•.

buns ☆ tired adult ☆
cat mom of 2 & aspiring artist
trade me!! <3

°•. ✿ .•°
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

art: hulahoopLAL
character belongs to me.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
bunnyguts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mnemosyne » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:01 pm

Username + ID: Mnemosyne & 249050
Kalon Name: Ponderosa
Prompt: Ponderosa made their way slowly across the room, arms stretched overhead as they yawned. It was early, earlier than they usually wanted to get up, but today was a special day.

Just as they were contemplating what kind of breakfast to put together, they stopped short. There was something sitting beneath their Advent tree, twinkling and golden in the early morning light. They lost no time in hurrying over to take a look, brow furrowed as they took in the small box sitting there. It hadn't been there the night before, that was for certain, and Ponderosa wasn't sure how it could have gotten in - they lived alone, after all. Gingerly they picked it up and frowned at the light weight, giving it a tentative shake. Something light rattled inside.

Opening the box, Ponderosa was greeted with a small slip of paper that had the words "Go outside!" written on it. Even more mysterious...

Hesitantly, they made their way outside, breath fogging in the cold air. The snow was thick on the ground and crunched under their steps. The forest seemed to be holding its breath, everything still and silent except for them. They weren't sure what to look for, and were thinking about going back inside into the warmth, when-

Their favorite tree came into view, and it was like nothing they'd ever seen before. The towering pine was covered in a dusting of snow, and over that snow were glittering lights, floating and drifting around its boughs. They twinkled and flashed in brilliant gold that was still bright despite the early morning sun. The unexpected display brought tears unbidden to their eyes, and they blinked several times to try and clear them. "That's true Advent magic," Ponderosa whispered, awe in their voice. They had no idea who'd managed to do such a thing, but maybe it wasn't something that needed to be questioned. It could just be a miracle.

The rest of their day forgotten, Ponderosa headed inside for a hot coffee and to draw the curtains on the side of their house that faced the tree. They'd spend all morning gazing at its beauty. It was the perfect present.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

league of legends trash Image

Syne | she/her | trade with me | kalons | mandy ♥ | snow ♥

icon by Aeryn

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Mnemosyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups