Re: kalon #801 - koi cantaloupe

Postby Catsrock237 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:50 am

This has to be featured! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป
Petโ€™s Name: โฅ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ: ๐˜Ž๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ~
Hello! Iโ€™m Catsrock237, I love to make digital art and illustrations. Check out my DeviantArt!
Catsrock237

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

---

Postby skies » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:52 am

username; starkiller,
name; Xiu ("Graceful" in Chinese)
gender; Female
prompt; [195/400]
She was the clumsy girl you'd see in the hallways dropping all of her books, on the sidewalk
accidentally tripping over her own feet, or even in a cafe burning her mouth drinking a hot
tea. Everyone knew her as a klutz.
She can never be graceful, people thought.

She did ballet since the age of four. No one knew. Or cared to know, for that matter.
She was fantastic at dancing. And she loved it.
Every performance, every routine, it held a story that only she could express.

And she was determined to prove everyone wrong. She is graceful. She signed up for the
school's talent show and walked out on stage. Everyone was laughing and pointing at her.
And then the music and the spotlight flared on. Her classmates were speechless, until the
last leap. And then she fell. Off of the stage. She ran out crying, and that was the worst day
of her life.

Now, she has moved on. But she'll never forget that day. Xiu's still as clumsy as ever, but she
embraces it.

The koi marking symbolizes her gracefulness and her determination to show everyone she
wasn't all clumsy.
Last edited by skies on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 7 times in total.
skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiba Inu » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:56 am

username; Shiba Inu
name; {Will name if won}
gender; Female
prompt; WIP

โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก
Hello! Shiba inu/Sleepypeachy, but you can just call me Jai.
She/They and gay as hell
โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก
Shiba Inu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

leone - a mark of survival

Postby satyn » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:56 am

( ๏ผฌ ๏ผฅ ๏ผฏ ๏ผฎ ๏ผฅ )
username; satyn // name; Leone // gender; male
โ–ƒ โ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒ โ–ƒ

xxxxIn his earliest memories, life was good. His parents would kiss him to sleep every night. He had a home. He had a family. He was loved.

xxxxBut as they say, nothing gold can stay.

xxxxHe was too young to understand, but a war was raging. Happiness never lasted, nowadays. One day, you could be laughing with your family - the next, they could be dead. And that's exactly what happened. Leone's family, gone, with a single bomb.

xxxxOh, the harm that one weapon can do. Not just to a life, but to a heart.

xxxxLeone didn't understand. He thought every night, "I don't deserve to be here."

xxxxBut he had to live, because he was afraid. Afraid of the sharp, cold embrace that was death. Leone couldn't really comprehend it, but he knew he didn't want it. So instead, he fought. Not just for himself, but for the family that was depending on him to survive.

xxxxIt wasn't an easy task. Without a family, no one cared about you. Especially not now, when death was expected during war.

xxxxLeone lived on the streets, with nowhere to go. He was a beggar, but he soon became a thief.
    xxxxIt was all for his family. He had to do this for them. And it was his descent into this that made it ever so visible - Leone lost sight of what it meant to truly live. The beauty of life's roses had faded into the background. He was a helpless yet determined fish, swimming against the current that was trying to force him into death.

xxxxFor a while, Leone associated with a gang of young thieves. Alone, they were weak, but together, they could survive against the odds.
    xxxxBut the thieves didn't feel like family, and Leone knew when it came down to it, they would only look out for themselves. So when he was old enough, he left. Leone was sick of being on the brink of death. He wanted better.

xxxxHe couldn't find it for a while, but a kind traveller showed him the key. Leone was hired at a cozy little tavern around the more peaceful side of the city. There, he was welcomed with open arms, understanding voices, and a home. Not just that, but a family. They saw his mark of survival - the koi - and accepted it. They taught Leone that life always got better.

xxxxAnd it did.
[400/400]

Last edited by satyn on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
satyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Morta » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:59 am

username; + Dark Age +
gender; Male

As you walk through the forest, the wind sweeps through your long hair. THe night was cold, and a shiver ran down your spines. A voice called out into the darkness, sweet and sultry. " Do you believe in magic? " It asked. Shocked at first, you freeze. Quickly snapping out of it, you speak in a shaky voice. " I'm more a man/woman of science myself. " The voice scoffed. " Let me tell you a story. A story of magic. And better yet, truth. " Although you couldn't see the figure, you trusted it. Its voice was smooth and made you want to trust it.

" Once upon a time, there lived a kingdom of magic. The Kingdom of Pisces. Each member of the kingdom had a special shine on their tail. In the shape of a fish. They gave the kalons powers. The power to see truth within lies, to see kidness within the evil, and light within the dark. It was a small kingdom. They believed in loyalty and trust. They were honest with one another, always telling the truth. But they had many enemies. Kingdoms of evil and lies. As as time went on, things grew more tense. And soon,
there was a war. Many deaths occurred in the three month battle. And soon, only a small group of the Pisces were left. The group

escaped, traveling throughout the world. But personalities clashed, and soon they broke apart. They now wander the world
separately. Their land was ruled by evil and lies. They couldn't return. Not yet. They had to gather more troups. "

You nod as you listen, intrigued. " Why did you tell me this? Who are you? " The voice chuckled. " My name is Zharius. I am one of the only remaining Pisces Kalons. And I want you to join us. Fight beside us. Help us gain our kingdom back. What do you say? " You gasp in shock. He was serious. " I-I don't know what to say " you gasp. He chuckled again. " Say yes. " At first you hesitate. You had always dreamed of a land of fantasy. It was a dream come true.

" Yes. "

353 Words. Borders not drawn by me

This kalon is gorgeous! I don't really pretty up forms often, but I'm really hoping to get this little guy. Good luck to all! I'm really excited to extend the story (If I get him). And If not, then I'm excited to see if his owner decides to extend the story!
Last edited by Morta on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
OwO
Morta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buny » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:01 am

โ–ˆโ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ

โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–€
username; Wolfish.Twins.

name; Aedre

gender; Female

โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ

โ–€
โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ”‚
โ”‚
Imageii
โ”‚
โ”‚

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ”‚
โ”‚
Imageii
โ”‚
โ”‚

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–€
โxxx Won't lay down our heads till the day is won. x โž
โ xx Won't stop running till we reach the sun. xxโž
prompt answer;
She was born deep within the forest, in a place that
only saw water during the heavy rains of the spring
and where only a single wide pond lay serenely. Her
life was simple and easy, with days full of playing in
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–€
the meadows, trees and flowers and with nights of watching fireflies dance and stargazing. As she grew older, she wondered why her fur and hair
looked like it did; so long and elegant and obviously out of place deep within her forest. The pale markings on her side and back confused her,
along with the shape of her tail shine; as she had never seen such a creature in her forest before. "What is this thing on my fur?" She asked the trees,
paws resting on their trunks as she gazed up at their leafy crowns. But the trees had no answer for her. Nor did the deer or rabbits, or the flowers
he lovingly wove into her hair. Finally she asked a traveling hawk her question. He ignored her at first, and started preening his feathers instead.

She sat and waited for him to finish, until finally he responded. "That is a koi. You can find
them in your pond. They're quite tasty to eat if you're interested in trying one."

Her interest piqued, she traveled to the pond carefully; as she had only gone there a few times
and during the winter months when the water froze solid and could be walked across. The pond
was different then she remembered, the grassy banks covered in clover and other flowers
instead of deep snow. Slowly she approached the bare area where other forest animals

surely stood to drink, startling when something in the water splashed water up onto the bare dirt. Craning her neck and delicately edging her paws
as close as she could, she peered over into the pond. The water was crystal clear, and several large fish of various beautiful colors darted closer to
her, their long bodies and gossamer fins entrancing the young kalon. "Oh, all of you are so lovely!" She gushed, gently dipping a paw into the water
and giggling when the koi fish nibbled on it gently. "And you look just like my markings and shine!" She now considers her beloved markings that
were once a mystery a blessing, and a deeper connection to the forest she calls her home.

Last edited by buny on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
buny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skywalker, » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:03 am

username; skywalker,
name; Pepper
gender; female
prompt;
Pepper has always been a gentle and serene character.
She was always quiet and never spoke much, finding no
need for words when her actions spoke loudest. She
would often visit the park and watch the time tick by
around her, wondering what will happen next.

The koi markings really symbolize her gentleness and
serenity, also how graceful she is. The koi is a graceful
fish and is a gentle kind of comfort to watch swimming
around.
skywalker,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

swim against the current && flow with the river

Postby ryuunosuke » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:06 am

โ†ณ โ†ณ โ†ณ
โ†ณ โ†ณ โ†ณ
โ†ณ โ†ณ โ†ณ
โ†ณ โ†ณ โ†ณ

โ”€โ”€[โ€]โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
i'll have to bid you adieu!
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€[โ€]โ”€โ”€
username; ishida (was previously izuku & paul.)
name; kyoko
gender; agender femme
prompt; (pastebin link for easier reading & screenshot for mac/firefox users)
A long time ago, in a place not too different from a town like your's or
mine, there was a young Kalon named Kyoko, who's only world was a Chinese
restaurant with a dirty koi-fish pond and loud customers.The dirty tiles
on the floor to the mother-of-pearl carvings in the walls -this was their
universe. The universe to hand out cheap and stale fortune cookies that
tasted vaguely like paper, to kneel down and pick up trash on the floor.
It was their family's restaurant, so they endured it, despite the
constant berating and commands.

The escape, of course, was the dirty koi-fish pond. It was populated by
two fish, the others gone from neglect. A universe within a universe -
that's what the koi-fish pond was. Their few minutes of rest were all
occupied by Kyoko playing with the fish in the pond, running their paws
through the water and jabbering their complaints onto the aquatic accomplices.
They were told as a child, "you have the fish on your side, on your tail, be
proud of who you are". But Kyoko didn't quite understand. Within all twelve
animals of their accursed "Lunar Zodiac", they were a floppy fish, not a
dragon or a horse. The fish were finally abandoned, along with their
tolerance of the yelling, the commands.

But even universes aren't infinite. Kyoko grew, grew past the cheap cotton
dresses into cashmere vests and bowties, and then into a long black coat with
a graduation cap. With tears and calligraphic strokes of their name in characters
that they couldn't understand, they visited the restaurant for one last time.
Everything was more or less the same - the same dirty tiles and the same
mother-of-pearl swirls embedded in the walls. The same moldy koi-fish pond,
but minus two inhabitants.

They realized.

They were leaving the pond and learning to flow with the river, like a strong,
hardy koi fish.
hic strokes of their name in
characters that they couldn't understand, they visited the restaurant for one last time.
Everything was more or less the same - the same dirty tiles and the same mother-of-pearl
swirls embedded in the walls. The same moldy koi-fish pond, but minus two inhabitants.

They realized.

They were leaving the pond and learning to flow with the river, like a strong, hardy koi fish.
Last edited by ryuunosuke on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 16 times in total.
ryuunosuke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:11 am

username;
SilverCrescentMoon
name;
Estella
gender;
Female
prompt;

"Whaddya mean, mommy? I don't even like fish. They're so slimy! How can my shine be important?"

Estella's mother looked down at her daughter, the area around her eyes crinkling as her lips turned upwards. "You may not know your place in life yet, but that's okay. Everyone finds out sooner or later. You'll figure it out, and remember, I'll always be here to help you."

That was a week before Estella's mother died in a car crash. After that, Estella had felt betrayed. She was only five when her mom was stolen away so quickly. She had sunk into depression, blocking out everything and everyone. One thing never changed, though. She had always despised that irritating little koi marking on her tail. That is, until one day, ten years after her mom's death.

"Stupid fish," Estella murmured under her breath as she watched the koi swim around in circles in the small pond. "You can't even figure out witch direction to go in." The tip of her tail was draped casually over the edge of the cobblestone wall, barely touching the surface of the pond.

"What do you mean by that, dear?"

Estella's gaze shot over to the other end of the tiny pond. An old woman was feeding the koi some sort of food. She looked so frail, Estella thought she might collapse any second. "Why do you even bother?" She asked curiously.

The old kalon turned her head back to the fish. "They really are fascinating creatures." Estella snorted and the woman raised an eyebrow. "Did you know there are many ancient legends surrounding the koi? There is one myth that tells of a school of golden koi who reached the end of a river until they reached a waterfall. Many koi turned back, while the rest attempted to climb. Some evil spirits saw they what they were doing and laughed, raising the height of the waterfall. Over time, all the koi gave up. All, but one. After a hundred years of jumping, that one koi finally reached the top. The gods recognized its perseverance and turned it into a golden dragon."

Estella had fallen silent. She gazed down at the koi fish, curious now. She wanted to be that koi that persevered, even through all the hardship she experienced. As Estella looked up to thank the woman for the story, she found she had dissappeared.

(399 words//credit for ancient legend)
Last edited by Silver Pandorica on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
โ™กโ™กโ™ก
art thread โœฆ trade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rvbytea » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:12 am

ImageImage
โ™• โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•{ ๏ผด๏ฝˆ๏ฝ… ๏ฝ‹๏ฝ๏ฝ‰ ๏ฝ”๏ฝ’๏ฝ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ”๏ฝ๏ฝ’}โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ™•

๏ฝ•๏ฝ“๏ฝ…๏ฝ’๏ฝŽ๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝ…;; Sunehshibae
    ๏ผฎ๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝ…;; Nasiri
    ๏ผง๏ฝ…๏ฝŽ๏ฝ„๏ฝ…๏ฝ’;; female

xxxxxxNasiri placed her paws carefully on the muddy trails that she walked on. Her long and elegant tail covered up a satchel. The village needed the medicine. She couldn't fail this, if she did she would be caught and maybe exiled or killed. Nasiri didn't understand the rivalry between the villages. The rivalry has caused many battles for many years, but she continued to do this dangerous task of gifting medicine and supplies to the rival village. The stars twinkled above her as she stealthily sneaked off the rice plantation her parents owned. Her head whipped around as she heard twig crack from the forest beside her. Nasiri jumped and quickened her pace. She couldn't be caught. Nasiri sighed as she reached the village. Stoney buildings surrounding the lake seemed vacant. no, they couldn't of left! her pale green eyes widened. The village was empty, not a trace that anyone had been here. Her heart raced, they needed this medicine, especially the sick kit. Nasiri visited the village often, in secret because war was going on between her village and this village. She solemnly walked up the lake in the middle of the village. Her gaze drifted across the watery surface that reflected the night sky. She sat down and collected her thoughts, they couldn't leave! Did my village attack them? Guilt washed over the kalon. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted a bottle floating on the shore of the lake. She raced to get it. A new hope flared up inside her. She opened it impatiently. The handwriting seemed rushed and read, "Koi lake" with a koi drawing on it. The ink was somewhat smeared. Nasiri flashed a glance at her tail shine, the drawing represented it. This was for her. Nasiri assumed that Koi lake was a place and that the village wanted her to deliver the vaccine there. She felt a warm feelings along with anxiousness. She would have to leave her family and commit even more treason than she already did. She was ready to go on this dangerous quest. Nasiri looked at her tail shine and smiled. This was the little thing that may of possibly saved the village, and it meant the world to her.
Last edited by rvbytea on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hey! i have been on a hiatus due to school, i apologize if i dont respond quickly!!
rvbytea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me