Re: Rise | #1531

Postby NaCl » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:11 pm

Username: NaCl
Name: Faintswoop

Clan: Fadedclan
Name Reasoning:
Faint - When Faintswoop was found by the clan she was blending in very well with the surrounding area, making her seem 'faint' and not really there. Also, due to the stalking tactic she developed, where a cat rubs plants and flowers on their fur to mask their scent before washing it off on the banks of the river.
swoop - Faintswoop is known to, quite literally, swoop down on her opponents, using a combination of her own tactics and her ability to blend in well with her environment.
Her name holds a significant meaning for her because it shows how far she has come and that her normally 'out there' ideas can actually be useful and honoured by some people.
My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
My pronouns are She/They/Snow
I am currently a staff member for Storkies
feel free to contact me here or on discord with any questions
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby monsolo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Username: Strawberry Milk
Name: Fawnflower

Clan: Graniteclan
Name Reasoning:
Fawnflower was born Sparrowpuddle, but during his final assessment as an apprentice, he encountered a fawn crying out, covered in cactus spines. Although he knew it was dangerous to approach a fawn in case it's mother returned, he also knew he needed to help the poor baby out. He approached it slowly, blinking slowly in an attempt to calm it down. It stared at him with its big brown eyes and licked its nose. Fawnflower began to pull the spines out of its flank, slowly and cautiously. When he finally finished, the fawn now silent, he stepped away. The two young animals stared at each other, and the fawn paused for a moment before turning away and bounding off to find a safer spot to rest. Fawnflower watched the baby until it was out of sight before hurrying back to camp to explain why he hadn't caught anything. The clan rescheduled his assessment and he passed this one easily. Morningstar gave him the name Fawnflower to honor his kindness towards the fawn he had found. Whenever he sees a deer, he wonders if it's the one he helped and hopes it's doing well.

*In my clan, kittens are named with the suffix -puddle c: *
Last edited by monsolo on Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxlistography | toyhou.se
xx.xxpreviously Strawberry Milk
xxCurrently obsessed with:
xxxx Music
xxxx Batman
xxxx Marvel Snap

xxCurrently listening to xxx
monsolo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Red weasel » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:38 pm

Username:Red weasel
Name: Dawnfoot

Clan: Ursaclan
Name Reasoning: As a young kit, Dawnfoot had a habit of waking up at the brink of dawn. The older she got, the more time appealed to her. She always wanted to be up later than her peers and begged for dawn patrols as an apprentice. She was caught going out on her own dawn adventure once and was giving the name Dawnfoot for her desires for early morning travel.
ImageImageImage
Avatar of Kiani by Dragoncool97, Art By Sixbane
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elliad. » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Username: Elliad.
Name: Ferretsnare

Clan: Thornclan
Name Reasoning: Ferret- because when he was found as a young rogue, he was found living in a hollowed out hole beside a tree, scurrying around the ground and avoiding the cats by his speed and his ability to blend in.

Snare- due to his swift fighting skills and his reliance on his claws to trap his opponents, not releasing them during a fight, forcing them to lay down until he decides to release them.
x
xxxxxxx
Cosmos 🎀 They/Them 🎀 AUDHD !!
I am just returning from a long
hiatus and trying to get back into
it. I am starting with species then
hopefully role-playing will be next.
x
x
x
navigation !!
🎀 Kalons
🎀 Stormclan
🎀 © Pfp
🎀 © Sig
Elliad.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coppercanary » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:10 pm

Username: Canary22
Name: Falconswoop

Clan: Dawnclan
Name Reasoning:
“You, my beautiful daughter, will be Silkkit. You will grow up to be the best hunter in the forest, with paws as light as feathers and a mind as sharp as an eagle’s talons. And you, my handsome son, will be Bearkit. You will become legendary in battle, but the time for fighting and time for talking will always be different to you.”

Life as a young kit was simple. Eat, play and sleep. But as time passed by, Bearkit and Silkkit, just like any kits, wanted to explore further than just the nursery. Eventually their taste for adventure led them outside the camp, too. Of course, they weren’t supposed to leave camp, but neither of them listened to a word of warning their mother may have given them. Especially not Bearkit.

They trekked for what seemed like miles into the woods, to where the trees began to thin and the sky opened up like a flower opening its petals. What they weren’t expecting were the predators. Not foxes or badgers, or even the native wildcats, but birds. Falcons, to be exact. They hadn’t noticed one closing in on them until it was too late. It grabbed Bearkit by his shoulders, and missed Silkkit by an inch. Bearkit’s squeals of shock and terror rang out over the forest, alerting a nearby patrol of his precarious situation. The patrol raced into the clearing just as the falcon began to take off. It was clearly a young one, unused to even the small weight of a four-moon-old kit. His mother was a part of the patrol. At first she was frozen with horror, but Bearkit’s cries soon shook her out of it. She jumped up in a mighty leap, sinking her claws into its wing. The sudden weight on one side set it off-balance and tumbling to the ground, Bearkit with it. The two others in the patrol converged on it, killing it with a few well-aimed bites and scratches. His mother cradled Bearkit close to her, speaking quietly into his ear. “You are Bearkit no more,” she whispered. “Starclan has made that clear to me. Now you are Falconkit.”

“Falconpaw, from now on you will be known as Falconswoop, in memory of the falcon that tried to take you away as a kit. But Starclan knew it wasn’t your time to go, and sent a patrol to save you from its claws, and their kindness should not be forgotten. The clan honours your bravery and intelligence, along with your prowess in battle.”

// canary // they/them // ecology student //

hey! the name’s canary, i like to draw
things i enjoy are cats (esp genetics),
reading, dragons, and birds
// artfight // toyhouse // click the babas //

coppercanary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birchii » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Username: Birchii
Name: Sedgedrop

Clan: GealachClan
Name Reasoning: Sedgedrop's name has several meanings to him. He was named Sedgekit from birth, the colours of his pelt comparable to the sedge plant. He was also named after his father, the former deputy - Sedgestrike. Sedgestrike had succumbed to injuries obtained in a battle before Sedgekit was ever born, and so he has only ever heard stories and legends of his father. Fairly quickly, Sedgekit decided he didn't like the sound of him. Arrogant, cocky, stupidly confident and courageous, skilled in battle... Sedgekit looked the double of his father, and constantly received compliments or comments on their striking similarities. The only difference were his eyes; he had inherited his mother's calm, blue eyes. "A drop of me is always with you," his mother would say to him each night as a kit. He could never understand how his sweet, loving mother had fallen in love with his father, but she rarely spoke of him, and Sedgekit didn't care enough to find out more.

His home clan were a harsh clan, favouring strength and battle skills over intelligence or kindness. As Sedgekit became an apprentice, he learned to hide the gentle nature he'd received from his mother. 'If the clan sees me as strong and stoic, then that's what I'll give them,' he thought. He earned scars in his extensive battle training, as every apprentice did; a feline would be seen as weak if they became a warrior without any permanent clawmarks somewhere on their body.

When Sedgepaw was nearly 13 moons, a warrior in every aspect save for his name, he witnessed the deputy kill the former leader and claim a badger attacked before he could do anything. Sedgepaw refused to stay any longer, seeing what the clan was to become under the cruel and new leadership. The clan was no longer his home - he doubted it ever had been, and wondered what had made his mother stay. He begged his mother to join him in running far away from the lands, knowing he wasn't strong or smart enough to challenge the new authority, and to his relief, his mother agreed.

They spent two moons running, stopping only to briefly rest, for they knew they would be hunted for the first stretch of their journey. It was once they crossed a twoleg-city they finally took a breath, able to travel on at a better pace. A few more moons passed until they finally arrived at GealachClan. Sedgepaw was cautious at first, unsure whether to place trust in the clan, but seeing his mother gladly accept the warm offers of help put his mind at ease - somehow, his mother seemed to always know what was truth and what was not. They rapidly settled into their new life; his mother was given time to recover from an illness she had picked up on her journey, and Sedgepaw took another moon to learn new skills unique to GealachClan.

Morningstar came to Sedgepaw the day before his warrior ceremony, informing him to think of a warrior name for himself. She explained how GealachClan offered all its apprentices the same choice, and advised him to talk with his mother. Upon taking her advice, Sedgepaw found out why his mother had loved Sedgestrike; his personality was also a facade, and he had hoped to change the clan for the better when he became leader. Sedgepaw realised that he was alike his father after all, for he dreamed of a better life, and had seen his mother safely to one. Sedgepaw became Sedgedrop, proudly honouring his father through it, and always remembering the piece of him that his mother had given him.

current collection goals; owls - guineas

beep boop

❝ ~~~~~ ❞

I'm Birchii (a.k.a Birch); I'm a big fan of cats, owls,
reading, kpop, and gaming! Pronouns are she/they~

You can find me on FlightRising (168475) and
DapperVolk (29742) with the same username as well

Have a wonderful day!
xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
Birchii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trickz » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:24 pm

Username: Thunder.Collects
Name: Stagfrost

Clan: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3998978
Name Reasoning:
When Stagfrost was born, his mother had seen a large white stag, a very rare sight and a powerful prophecy of a powerful kit. This made her excited, and she gave the name "Stag" to her largest son.
When he came to CreekClan after his family's deaths and disappearances, he kept the name, believing he could still be strong and stand tall, even if he was alone now. He was given the suffix "Frost" for his icy and isolated personality which he has to keep himself safe and from getting too attached to other cats.
Trickz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liightning » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:07 pm

Username: liightning
    Name: Redwood

Clan: DeltaClan
    Name Reasoning: Redwood is a traveler; he loved, and still does, to wander and explore. They’re not just silly kit adventures, of course - they’re long journeys that open his eyes to the world. He renamed himself Redwood after a certain adventure in which he passed through a large forest of sequoia trees. He was fascinated by their scarlet wood, but more importantly, their height as well. Their towering trunks, so high above the world, so strong and mighty, taught him to stay determined no matter what, and to this day, they shape who he is. That journey also taught him something else - that the journey is the prize.

liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:40 pm

Username: Knickknacks
Name: Salmonsplash

Clan: NorthClan
Name Reasoning:
Salmonsplash is named after his prowess at fishing and his markings- ‘Salmon’ to signify his talent at catching fish, and ‘splash’ to both further emphasize this fact and in accordance with the small splashes of white on his coat. He wasn't born into the Clan, but rather joined as a full adult. He was an apt fighter and hunter already, and so Lynxstar gave him a warrior name straight away. Salmonsplash didn't want anything too fancy, and requested a name that simply reflected his skills.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silveryn » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:03 am

Username: dawnlightz.
Name: Quickwater

Clan: starryclan
Name Reasoning: Quickwater was named because of his quick swimming abilities. He loves to swim and dive in the water, and also is fast at it. He was an expert at swimming more than any other cat in his clan.
Silveryn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me