Re: Fawnae #16

Postby ArithMedic » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:15 pm

Username + ID: ArithMedic + 1064661
Fawnae Name: Hera
Myth:
Candles are lit on the forest floor, the flames flickering like ghosts and the wax never melting. A gathering was held there once, now there is only one creature there. She sits still, mistakable for a statue, frozen. Perhaps its with grief, perhaps she is simply tired.

She has not moved for a very long time. The five empty seats beckon for you to sit.

---

There once was a group of six that frolicked together in a forest. They were brothers and sisters, though not by blood, and filled the forest with their magic. They each had different needs to maintain their flora and cast a dome over the forest to keep each of them in perfect health despite their differences.

Zeus was the eldest, then Hestia, Poseidon, Demeter, Hades, and the youngest, Hera. They loved each other and played together every day, basking in their glorious life.

However, such a life was not to be. All good things must someday end.

Creatures that would eventually call themselves humans encroached on the forest. They began chopping down the trees, stealing the magic laid in them by the siblings.

The six siblings at first tried to reason with the humans, bargaining and attempting to befriend them. However, these humans were scared and greedy. They chased away the siblings when they tried to negotiate and laid traps around spots that the siblings frequented.

The siblings countered this by laying traces on the traps when they discovered them. This could not save all of them, and Zeus was the first to be caught by the humans and drained of his magic, left to be a mindless deer until he faded away. Hades and Poseidon, angered by their brother's death, ran into the human settlement on a rampage and died on the humans' superior weaponry. Hestia managed to retrieve them and held their burial next to Zeus' empty tomb. It was not recorded what happened to Hestia after that, and perhaps she simply faded away in sorrow. Whatever happened, Demeter and Hera were left alone as the humans continued to hunt them towards extinction. In a last ditch effort to save at least one of them, Demeter spent all of her magic, her life, to create a barrier around a large grove of trees in which Hera was hiding, one which only a human trusted by one of their kind could enter. Thus, Hera was the last, trapped inside the barrier for fear of the danger outside until someone could come to tell her it was safe. And there she lay down, to sit in place for all since recorded time.

---

At least, that is what the legends say. No one knows the truth except the one fawn who sits frozen, awaiting a new gathering.

Will you sit down and join Hera at the gathering place?

xxx__________________________________
xxxI go by Arith for short!
xxxChristian, Autistic, ADHD, College Student
xxxArtist, Writer, Seamstress, Roleplayer
xxx__________________________________

ArithMedic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeena » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:53 am

FluffyBirdie wrote:Username + ID: FluffyBirdie - 750079
Fawnae Name: Lyria
Myth:
How often do you break promises?

snip

oh how can i ignore a legend that seems harmless upfront but is actually terrifying if you really think about it?
winner winner, sorry my announcement was so late! i figured now is a better time than ever since the species is coming out of its mini hiatus! thank you so much for the patience regardless, i hope you enjoy your new myth-maker!
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fawnae #16

Postby FluffyBirdie » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:06 am

What an exciting announcement to start the year off with, I'm so glad you liked my story! Yeah having a hard consequence tied to a promise is not a fun concept haha

Can't believe my first fawnae would be such a pretty gal T-T

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist