Re: Kalon #1592

Postby bostonlobstah » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:27 am

Username: Sugar Silkie~
Name: Georgie
Prompt:
"Almonds are Friends!" Georgie yelled as people passed by him. "Donate to bring almond milk ice cream to Rainbow Jimmy’s!" Some of the people gave him a sympathetic glance, as if to say, "Oh, how cute." Georgie sighed and glanced over at his money jar. It was still virtually empty: Only a few five-dollar bills and some quarters sulked at the bottom of the jar. Why didn't people care that lactose intolerant kalons had to suffer with sorbet? Not even a drop of anything remotely creamy in that pathetic excuse of an ice cream!
Georgie stared longingly through the Rainbow Jimmy’s shop window. A man with rainbow hair (presumably Rainbow Jimmy) looked back at him from behind the clean white counter, a scowl on his face. Georgie decided to just give up with the fundraising and go home.
That night, Georgie flipped through his mother’s recipe book. What Jimmy needed, he thought, was some dairy-free goodness.
Almond milk, nut butter, salt, vanilla, sugar...Georgie grabbed as many ingredients as he could off of the shelves.
"And now, to make an Ice Cream!"
Once Georgie had finished his concoction, he took a bowlful and put it in his bike basket. He jumped onto his bike and took off for Jimmy's. He got off his bike once he reached the curb to check on the ice cream. It was a little melted, but not terrible. He bundled it up in his arms and strode into the shop, bypassing the line.
"I have some Ice Cream for you to try, sir," Georgie whispered. "I hope you like it."
"Look, I know what you're trying to do, and I don't have the time for it, kid," Jimmy grunted. "So unless you're here to buy something, get out!"
Hurt, Georgie fled the scene. He didn't go to the Ice Cream shop for a few weeks, not even for a smoothie or popsicle, in fear of what Rainbow Jimmy would think of him. But when his friends asked him to go with them, Georgie couldn't say no.
He timidly crept into the shop and slunk to the back of the line. But when he glanced up, he saw it. There, at the bottom of the chalkboard menu, was Dairy-Free Almond Ice Cream. Georgie was glad to have given Rainbow Jimmy a treat after all!
{388/400}
Last edited by bostonlobstah on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 10 times in total.
bostonlobstah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cribunni » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:29 am

l i i l y // Frances // Male
Frances was born on a night like any other in the village. Hail pelted the roof as his mother laid there with her new son. He was smaller than per usual, as the Yeti Colony South — a branch of a large group of Kalons living in the most frigid, arctic temperatures in the world — were known to have very large members. Frances’s mother herself was 6 foot 3, and that was an average in the village. He weighed just 10 pounds, compared to the normal 17. Growing up, it was obvious he was different from the other kids in the village. He was far too small to play with them, and was treated rather delicately. It was hard times for he and his mother, as she struggled to find employment among the villagers. They often could not afford to buy food; so as the rest of the village ate hot dinners, they would be stuck with something cold. Frances’s mother taught him how to make snow cones to maybe give him a semblance of having hope and joy. It did help. They used berries and fruits to naturally flavor the snow. That was always his favorite part about the frozen village.
[ 203 ]
Last edited by cribunni on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImage
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MATT !! ANY PRONOUNS !! LESBIAN
deviant art . toyhou.se . art shoppe .
cribunni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ufoparty » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:38 am

username; rantipole
    name; dallas ‘dally’
    gender; male
    prompt;

Dallas was born to a highly competitive, sporty family. Dallas’ father himself was a wildly popular American Olympic skier. Dallas was born seemingly the opposite, having no care in the world for the sport his father wanted him to perform in. Still, by the age of 5 Dallas was heading down the bunny slopes. His nerves ate him alive, and so his mother would get them snow cones at the end of training everyday. 4:00 pm was always snow cone time for Dallas. It took time and practice but his mother was so encouraging and constantly filled Dallas with love (and snow cones of course). By just 16 Dallas was competing in the Olympics and when he won gold, instead of speaking with the press, Dallas was off enjoying snow cones with his mother.

135/400 — may write a little more <3
Last edited by ufoparty on Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
ufoparty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:03 am

username; ethium
name; Lionel
gender; male
prompt;
lionel was actually born in alaska! he thoroughly enjoys the cold weather but since he moved to arizona where it's hardly cold at all, he dearly misses the place where he was born! and so he eats as many cold treats as he can when he has time, though of course not going overboard with it. His favorite cold treat would have to be a good n' simple popsicle, flavor wise it's typically cherry that he falls head over heels for but he's also not opposed to banana, coconut or flavors that might not come to mind when you think frozen treat. Eating these frozen treats reminds him of his home, especially when he takes a bite of cherry as his mother used to make a delicious cherry pie friday nights to celebrate various events.
FEEL THE FEAR, AND DO IT ANYWAY
sam - she/her - i write things sometimes
i'm into mythology, literature, & legos ──
───── stars - carrd - th - disc -> ethiium
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lumilys » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:07 am

username; poemo
name; vance
gender; demiboy
prompt;
lumilys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScribbleScrib » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:38 am

username; ScribbleScrib
name; Fancy
gender; Male
prompt; "OH MY GOSH, HAVE YOU TRIED FROZEN BANANAS BEFORE THO? Holy cow. Okay okay, I know they're not the usual frozen sweet that y'all think about, but holy cow they're delicious when they're frozen. SOMETIMES I dip them in chocolate when I'm feeling a bit bad with my diet, but whatever no one has to know...I never really like sweets though, even before this whole 'diet an exercise" lifestyle, which is why bananas are perfect for me! This isn't a real dramatic story, I know I know...maybe not as special as 'my grandmother who passed away used to make these and I'm following in her footsteps' sort of stories...but I'm on a strict diet, you know? I gotta keep this figureeee for the gamess! I play tennis, if you didn't know. Best game you could play really. The cute chicks are really just a bonus though. While I enjoy them, the game is just super fun. After a long day in the courts, I love me a good frozen banana! My favorite thing to come home to! It's become a routine: Hit them courts and INSTANTLY flop on the couch with a good frozen buddy! I chop 'em up nice so its easier to eat too. May be a bit childish but who cares? It's wonderful and I ain't gonna stop ANYTIME soon!'
Last edited by ScribbleScrib on Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImageImage
My Toyhou.se!
If you ever need someone to talk to,
PM me! I'm here to listen! I know what
it's like to not have anyone to talk to,
and I want to be someone anyone could
turn to, without any worry of judgement!
Just HMU please!

(Previously PaigeyTheCatLady!)
(Art on the left and avatar by me, bottom by keiikoa)

ImageImage
ScribbleScrib

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:02 am

username; knickknacks
name; mikel
gender; male
prompt;--we'll seeee if I can quick-fast jot something tonight? ":-)
Last edited by Knickknacks on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sei It » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:51 am

username; Sei It
name; Bevan
gender; Male
prompt;
I'm going to be brutally honest with you, I never really liked frozen treats, they made my teeth feel weird, I didn't enjoy it, about 3 years ago that kind of changed when I started to lose my sense of taste. The reason that I enjoy frozen food is because it is the only thing I can kind of taste, in a way, I can't taste the flavor but I feel the cold feeling in the roots of my teeth and I remember what they taste like.
Last edited by Sei It on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sei It

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calibri » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:57 am

username; Calibri
    name; Tobias "Toby" Caulfield
    gender; Male

prompt; Toby's house has always laid on top of a mysterious, magical ley line - unbeknownst to him, of course. In turn, the presence of magic around his fragile, mortal self has rendered him with a seemingly endless cold, untreatable with any kind of modern medicine. This leaves him with a permanently sore throat and a fever; after trying out what feels like every single cough syrup and medicine on the market and still not seeing any results, Toby has learnt to cope with his cold by eating cold treats. He finds that snacking on something cold helps soothe his throat and his fever if only a little. Oddly enough, he won't settle for just any cold snack - Toby goes out of his way to eat the original cold snack, pure snow. He'll take walks up the mountains surrounding his town to get some fresh air (all while bundled up in a fluffy scarf, of course) and bring plastic containers with him to collect fresh snow. He'll place the containers in a cooler to keep the snow in its chilly, pristine condition until he gets home and can put them in his freezer. This allows him easy access to snow all year round. Toby also likes to buy flavoured syrup so he can make snow cones (his favourite flavour being strawberry) to jazz up his snacks a bit and get some variation in his otherwise quite plain treats. Whether Toby will ever truly find the cure - or the cause, for that matter - to his magical cold is uncertain. Until then, he is more than happy to eat his favourite snack every single day as a coping mechanism. (275/400)
    ██
    FEEL FREE TO CALL ME CALI !!
    cs time +2 | she/her | esfp-t | chars | nebunnies
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby suneater » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:02 am

username - suneater
    name - luca
    gender - male
    prompt -
      summer is a time for sticky fingers and pinky promises
      skin stained with dribbles of sugar and painted with sunlight
      hair trailing the rhythmic protests of a dozen bike chains
      a congregation of tires screaming against broken pavement

back flushed against the soft prickly grass
      fingers clutched together, pressed against popsicle wrappers
      an innocent gaze, locked not in love but in camaraderie
      immortalized in that sickly sweet melting cone

and though the sky bleeds that same telltale blue
      this summer is not one for innocent promises
      still, fingers once again meet a familiar syrupy feeling,
      a remembrance of some sort of tradition long forgotten
      and a memory of when life was a little simpler

[ 114 words ]
Last edited by suneater on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
suneater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me