Postby Mavryk Company » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:03 am

Username;; Mavryk Company
Cat Name;; Oakwing
Gender;; Male
Age;; 63 moons
Clan;; SeveranceClan
Rank;; Emissary

Prompt;;
One of the queens purred on and on about it, how beautiful the eagle’s feathers were. He just rolled his eyes. Others called him a Newblood, and from what he was told, that seemed to be their word for apprentice. At first, he was insulted. Actually, he was still insulted. He was far past that age, and there were other cats younger than him that could walk around as warriors, who could tell him what to do.

A huff, and he glanced back at the queen. Sitting just outside of the den, she mused about the feathers once more. Well, he thought, if the only way to get promoted is to prove yourself...

Maybe this would be a good start.

The eagle’s roost was on a high rock perch, but loose feathers littered the ground below. He dashed forward to grab one, and bolted, pretending not to hear the heavy flapping of wings. When he approached the Commons, large plume hanging out of his mouth, others stopped in their tracks. Even Paleridge, the leader, took a moment to stare,

“Someone actually went and got one?”

The queen was absolutely delighted, and her kits had a new toy to play with. It was just a hassle to him, but the others treated him differently after that. He wasn’t quite an outsider anymore, and it was his first real step to becoming more than just a Newblood.
➸ adult
toyhouse
zendaru's twin
info:
[b/t/s charas]
av + tags | ➸ trades open
Mavryk Company

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #1623

Postby Kazin » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:13 am

Username;; Kazin
Cat Name;; Aspenpaw [Aspendusk]
Gender;; tom
Age;; 9 moons
Clan;; Zephyrclan
Rank;; Apprentice

Prompt;;
Aspenpaw had always annoyed his mentor, and all the warriors, with his boundless energy and his tireless questions of when he could train and when he could learn. Most cats started to ignore him, or leave the area if he came near, but his mentor had no such luxury. Early on in his apprentice training, Aspenpaw had just finished learning how to hunt, energized by the thought of being able to catch his own prey. His energy brought an slew of questions for his mentor, though the young cat barely paused to take a breath.

"Can we please go out and hunt now? I bet I could bring down a huge rabbit! I'm fast, aren't I? Can we see how fast I really am? I bet the prey in the forest won't stand a chance! Did I do good in the training today?" It had been a tiring day for the older cat, who wanted nothing more than to sleep - and the mentor came up with an idea to keep Aspenpaw away from him. It was a daunting task, even for an apprentice as eager and enthusiastic as Aspenpaw.

"Oh, just go and bring me a crow already," his mentor had said, eyes already closing as he drifted off in a patch of sun on the forest floor.

Undeterred, Aspenpaw had given his mentor a sharp nod, speeding off into the forest to find one of the large birds. What Aspenpaw didn't truly think about was just how hard it was going to be to catch one. The birds were huge, the largest of the birds that Zephyrclan's forest was home to, and wicked smart. There wasn't a warrior in the clan that had managed to catch one yet, though it wasn't from lack of trying. Even thinking about this, Aspenpaw was up to the task.

What no cat had expected was this small cat to actually succeed in his task. He had just learned hunting, and here he was, coming back into the camp with a bird nearly the size of him. It was an eye opening day for all the cats of the clan, shocked as they were at the sight of the large bird. It was then that apprentice turned into teacher, telling the older cats who were reflecting Aspenpaw's own energy and enthusiasm, how he had done it... and that was the day Aspenpaw became somewhat of a legend in the clan. Even a couple moons later, Aspenpaw is still revered as one of the best hunters the clan has had, even if he is still an apprentice.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elliad. » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:02 pm

Username;; Elliad.
Cat Name;; Ashmask
Gender;; Tom
Age;; 14 Moons
Clan;; Thornclan
Rank;; Warrior

Prompt;;
A small white and grey cat trailed through the forest, having parted ways with his mentor to complete his first important task. He had been promised a special, new challenge by his mentor: “track the rogue”.

The apprentice slowly crept forward, following the scent deeper into the woods. His hackles were raised as he tried to resist hissing as he moved. “I have to do this right,” Ashpaw whispers to himself as he forces himself into a clearing with an oak tree directly in the centre. Underneath the tree, there is a dark-coloured cat. An unfamiliar cat, one curled in a ball, fast asleep.

Raising his hackles, he stalked over, lowering himself to the ground. As he got closer, the apprentice began to growl, a low rumble to warn the cat off. Just as he was about to leap, the cat opened one of her eyes, looking around then at Ashpaw. “Hm,” she says, standing up and arching her back in a stretch. The she-cat looks around before noticing Ashpaw and frowning.

“You disturbed me,” she complains, looking displeased.

“And you’re in our territory. So, scram,” Ashpaw says firmly, still ready to pounce. He digs his claws into the ground underfoot, feeling impatient, but his mentor’s words came to mind: ‘patience is a virtue, your attack needs not come first’.

She chuckles before sitting down, looking at him quizzically. “You don’t remember me, do you,” the she-cat asked, looking at him sadly.

Ashpaw tilted his head, scrunching his face up, unsure how to respond. “I don’t… know you…”

“Does the name Crowkit ring a bell?” The she-cat asks, watching Ashpaw for any sign of recognition.

Instantly, Ashpaw was taken back to a time before training when he and his littermates would run through the camp, playing games of chase with the other kits. He remembered the little black kit that would always just watch, refuse to participate. He remembered when he would sit with the kit, Crowkit, and watch the clouds pass through the sky. He remembered her disappearing. One day, she had left camp, all promises of defending the camps together had gone.

“Crowkit? You’re Crowkit?” He asks the she-cat, unable to believe that the cat in front of him was his kit friend.

“Well, it’s Crow now, but yeah I was Crowkit.”

“What…happened to you? Why did you leave?”

The she-cat shrugged, “I got bored of the clan life, I guess? I live with some travelling twolegs now. I hoped I would see you; I could smell your scent but I thought I wouldn’t be here long enough to get a chance to see you. I’m so glad I did.”

At the sound of a twoleg yelling, Crow’s ears twitches as she turns. “Well, I better be going, don’t want them leaving without me,” she says with a smile before turning and leaving. “It was good seeing you.”

Ashpaw’s mouth is agape as the she-cat trots off around the corner just as his mentor arrives. “So, what happened? Did you chase her away? You left a mark, right?”

Shaking his head, Ashpaw turned to his mentor, pouncing up then lowering his front to the ground. “I got her. She won’t be coming back anytime soon,” Ashpaw says, not wanting to lie to his mentor so coming up with the best half-truth that won’t be hurting anybody: not Ashpaw, Mudnose or Crow.

“You did well. I’m proud of you, son,” his mentor purrs, licking him affectionately before trotting off in the direction of camp. “Come on, Ashpaw, let’s go tell everyone about how you acted like a warrior today.”

So, Ashpaw followed, telling the story of how he singlehandedly defeated a rogue who terrorised their border, killing prey and leaving it for them to find.
Last edited by Elliad. on Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
x
xxxxxxx
Cosmos 🎀 They/Them 🎀 AUDHD !!
I am just returning from a long
hiatus and trying to get back into
it. I am starting with species then
hopefully role-playing will be next.
x
x
x
navigation !!
🎀 Kalons
🎀 Stormclan
🎀 © Pfp
🎀 © Sig
Elliad.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby muttgirl310 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:39 am

Username;; Muttgirl310
Cat Name;; Blizzardpaw (Will be Blizzardstrike)
Gender;; Male
Age;; 7 Moons
Clan;; Pikaclan
Rank;; Apprentice

Prompt;;
"Willowbreeze! Wait for me!" Blizzardpaw called, watching his mentor quickly scale the rocks ahead of him.

For being such a small cat, Willowbreeze was fast, much faster than much of the rest of the clan and Blizzardpaw wondered how he had ended up with her as his mentor. All the other apprentices had gotten much better mentors who didn't drag them out to the mountains their first moon.

Willowbreeze paused a moment to let the small kit catch back up and then nodded her head to a small cleft above them, "You know why we are here, right?"

Blizzardpaw looked at the she cat and blanked on what she had told him before leaving the clan center, "uh..."

Willowbreeze sighed and looked at the kit, "We are gathering rockmoss for the medicine den. Its an herb that grows on the clefts of the mountain."

Blizzardpaw nodded and looked at his mentor, "Ah. I see."

Most of the other apprentices were doing actual training like hunting and fighting, but here Blizzardpaw was climbing rocks to get moss. He sighed disappointed and Willowbreeze began scaling the mountain, making sure he followed right behind her. They reached the cleft fairly quickly and Willowbreeze scanned it carefully for the herb.

Blizzardpaw climbed up behind her and suddenly spotted a shape on the cleft with them, "Willow! Watch out!"

Willowbreeze jumped as the snake lunged at her and lost her footing on the cleft. She fell, only barely able to grip the ledge with her claws. Blizzardpaw jumped towards his mentor, putting himself between her and the snake, batting it quickly with his claws. The snake reared back it's head and he bristled his fur, baring his teeth at it. The snake coiled and Blizzardpaw dodged the strike before hitting the snake with both his front paws in a pounce which sent the snake right over the edge of the cleft. He calmed himself for a few seconds and then quickly ran to his mentor and grabbed her scruff. With his help, she was able to get a better grasp on the ledge and pull herself up.

He looked her over, making sure the snake hadn't bitten her and she looked at him proudly, "Not many apprentices would have thought as fast as you did. Thank you."

He nodded at her and then stepped into the cleft, gathering some of the mossy herb in his mouth to bring to his mentor.

Willowbreeze is owned by me
Words: 406/500
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit profile icon
my viscets dogons my art shop
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
Hey I am Muttgirl but feel free to
call me mutt. I own a species on
here called Dogons and am always
willing to help out whenever I can
so do not be afraid to reach out or
send me a pm. I can help a little
with adoption forms and do some
art, although it's not amazing.

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
muttgirl310

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:38 pm

Res

───────── ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 xxxxxx
you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage
------------------------------------------------------
.....Hey there! I'm Kitten, a Christian teen trying
......to love God and love others. I'm especially
......into writing, books, and art!! Not really active
......on here anymore, just here for a few friends
......and some art stuff. Don't expect quick replies
......from me, thank you <3xxxxxxpsalm 119:105

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxstormbuffearthaoiknick's murdercats
.xxraini-froggemeek the weakshyshie.
xxxxxxxxpanda sistaocean xinqiu
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ .━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wet Bread » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:00 pm

Username;; Wet Bread
Cat Name;; Skysplash
Gender;; tom
Age;; 22 moons
Clan;; Brightclan
Rank;; warrior

Prompt;;
Skypaw bounced in excitement as he followed his mentor, Cherrypelt, towards the lake. He'd been training tirelessly for days to learn how to catch fish. Cherrypelt had trained with him very patiently, practicing their hunting moves in the hollow first, because the lake could be fairly dangerous to hunt in if he made one wrong move. The Brightclan cats typically fished in the most shallow part of the lake, but this part of the lake also had a thick layer of muck that would suck a cat further and further down if they fell in.

This was the biggest assignment Cherrypelt had given Skypaw. He had to catch a fish all by himself. Cherrypelt would watch of course, but it was all Skypaw's responsibility. It made him feel important that he'd be feeding his clan today.

"Now calm down, you have to stay balanced here." Cherrypelt told him. Skypaw forced himself to stop bouncing and shaking as he skirted around part of the lake and tiptoed on a small log that extended over the water. Cherrypelt followed him, staying a ways back. Skypaw let his tail float in the water, waiting for a fish to come by. He tried not to flinch in excitement as the shadow of one appeared. Just a little closer now. Closer, closer, closer, now!

Skypaw whipped his tail out of the water just before the shadow could bite it and swiped his paw through the water in a scooping motion. Instead of touching an expected fish, Skypaw's paw came into contact with a hard surface. Skypaw pulled his paw back out of confusion as a turtle burst from the water, snapping at him. Skypaw flinched backwards, lost his footing and fell off the other side of the log into the lake. He gasped, breathing in water as the mud seemed to tug at his legs. The more he struggled and gasped for air, the further he seemed to sink. Suddenly, he was pulled out of the water and flopped onto the grass.

Skypaw coughed up the water as Cherrypelt stood over him, breathing hard. "Next time, try to catch a fish. Not a snapping turtle." She told him, amusement in her eyes. Skypaw shook some of the water from his pelt and glared at the angry turtle, now residing on the log they had vacated.

"I was sabotaged." He declared. Cherrypelt let out a small mrrow of amusement as Skypaw hung his head.

"Come on." She said as she nudged his shoulder. "Let's get that mud off you and catch something to bring back to the clan."

"Okay!" Skypaw responded, eyes brightening. He would impress his clan yet!

(Cherrypelt is an NPC for use of this prompt)
[center]
She/they | feel free to call me Wet or Save | Just quietly existing
eternal favorite person
Wet Bread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:05 pm

Username;; KittenGirl2005
Cat Name;; Birchpelt
Gender;; Male
Age;; 30 moons
Clan;; SummitClan
Rank;; Warrior

Prompt;;
Birchpaw trotted out of camp behind his mentor, excitement thrumming through his every pawstep. Today was the day he would finally cross from the Great Tree to the SummitClan camp without touching the ground. Every other apprentice his age had done it, so why couldn't he? Though he had never attempted it before, he was a natural at everything, just like his father had been.

Moonstar glanced back. "This isn't going to be easy," she warned. "You're actually going to have to put in a lot of effort to accomplish this task."

"I know," Birchpaw said simply. That was what made this challenge so exciting.

The SummitClan leader led the way through the forest, weaving her way through the brown trunks until they reached one that was bigger than all the others. It was at least five fox-lengths across, and it was so tall that Birchpaw was surprised that there weren't any clouds at the top.

Moonstar jerked her head toward the trunk. "Alright, Birchpaw. Give it a go."

The gray and white apprentice dug his claws into the bark and pushed off, climbing higher and higher. Easy, he thought triumphantly as he crested the top of the pine.

Suddenly the ground seemed to bend, and Birchpaw realized just how high up he was. His paws became rooted to the branch and he felt paralyzed.

"Birchpaw, what's wrong?" Moonstar's voice drifted up from far, far below.

"Uh, Moonstar?" Birchpaw called. "I think I'm stuck!"

───────── ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 xxxxxx
you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage
.....Hey there! I'm Kitten, a Christian teen trying
......to love God and love others. I'm especially
......into writing, books, and art!! Not really active
......on here anymore, just here for a few friends
......and some art stuff. Don't expect quick replies
......from me, thank you <3xxxxxxpsalm 119:105

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxstormbuffearthaoiknick's murdercats
.xxraini-froggemeek the weakshyshie.
xxxxxxxxpanda sistaocean xinqiu
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ .━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goner. » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:09 am

Username;; Goner.
Cat Name;; Brewingstorm
Gender;; Male
Age;; 26 Moons
Clan;; Autumnclan
Rank;; Warrior

Prompt;;

It was only a few months ago when Brewingstorm was an apprentice, by the name of Stormpaw. His mentor, Magpie, the Deputy of Autumnclan, took the young cat out on a hunting trip. It was just the two of them and Magpie wanted to teach his apprentice how to catch quick prey. Stormpaw was more than ready, he was extremely excited and he couldn't wait to become a Warrior.

The two roamed their territory for a while with no luck of finding prey. This was strange, considering it was greenleaf, when the prey is usually plentiful. Magpie began to lose hope and was ready to call it a day. Storm paw wouldn't allow this. He urged his mentor to keep searching for prey so he could hunt. After a few minutes of begging, Magpie finally gave in, though it was a poor decision.

Not long after the two began their search once more, Magpie got a whiff of something vicious. He puffed his fur up and let out a deep growl, ordering Stormpaw to get behind him. Stormpaw didn't hesitate to obey. Sharp chirps filled the forest before a flash of fiery fur leaped towards the cats.

Fox.

The canine tackled the Deputy to the ground and began nipping near his face. Stormpaw was frozen with fear. His mind was racing, for he had no idea what actions to take. The cat and canine thrashed around the forest floor, both trying to take the life of the other. Magpie soon grew tired and let out a quiet "help".

With that, the grey apprentice dug his claws into the ground before springing forward, knocking his body into the fox's side. The fox lost it's balance and tumbled to the ground. The young cat yowled and jumped on top of the canine, reaching for its throat with his teeth. Eventually, he was able to grab hold of the red beast and soon enough, it stopped moving.

Stormpaw slumped to the ground, panting and asking Magpie if he was alright. The Deputy stood up and walked over to his apprentice, giving him a pat on the back and thanking him deeply for stepping in to save him. He told Stormpaw that he was proud. This made the apprentice light up with joy. He was able to save his mentors life and he was very happy with himself.
( 𝒾'𝒹 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊 )─────
[ ♫ black lives ♪ ]
──────────
[ ♪ MATTER ♫ ]
──────────────────────( 𝑒𝓃𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝑜 𝓌𝓇𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝓃𝑔 )
[ she/they | bi | scorpio | i love to draw and i play video games like wayyyy too much ]
Goner.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ladyskittels » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:21 am

Username;; Ladyskittels
Cat Name;; Ferretpaw (Ferretwhisker)
Gender;; Tom
Age;; 7 moons
Clan;; Glacial Blizzard Clan
Rank;; Hunter's Apprentice

Prompt;; (this piece takes place one moon prior to the current time, before Nocturneblaze turned over her duties as Deputy temporarily to Cypressglow who was the Lead Huntress and mentor of Ferretpaw at the time)

"I don't know how I can put this simpler, Ferretpaw," the annoyed voice of the lead huntress huffed with a flick of her long tail. She sat on a rock that sat beside the river where she watched her newest apprentice struggling to catch his first fish unassisted. "We've been over this at least a hundred times before, and you've never had a problem with it."

Ferretpaw, his face contorted into a look of determination, looked over at his mentor as he waded out of the river. Chills rippled through the young apprentice as the breeze made contact with his short grey and white fur that was dripping in river water. He shook out his coat in an attempt to ease the coldness to little avail.

"W-we've been at this for hours, Cypressglow...." The apprentice squeaked through chattering teeth. "M-maybe we can try again another time?" He wiped his eye with the back of his paw as a drop of water dripped into it, hoping his action would go unnoticed by his bossy mentor. It was only his first try on his own, after all. Plus the two hadn't been working at this for very long- Ferretpaw had only received his mentor a quarter moon ago and to be expecting this much of him so soon after becoming an apprentice was crazy, his father had told him so himself.

"It's very simple...." The tortoiseshell molly repeated, shifting her position on her rock slightly to get a better angle at the sun. "You can do it no problem with me down there next to you, so therefore we are going to sit here until you prove to be able to do it on your own."

Ferretpaw huffed his annoyances at the apparently lazy huntress that was supposed to be teaching him. It seemed like all she wanted to do was lie on her dumb rock and give orders. If he wanted that he could just as easily stayed home and received a private session from his father who was a fellow hunter and, in Ferret's eyes, far more superior than this cat would ever be.

"Easy for you to say," he said under his breath but grudgingly waded back into the river in water that came to his belly. Concentrating on what was happening below the water as fish swam by, the apprentice focused on his breathing as he pushed the rest of his senses to the back of his mind. He needed to focus on his prey, and on the lessons that his father and his new mentor had taught him.

After what seemed like hours of him concentrating on his breathing and his prey, the grey and white kit struck forward in the water suddenly before pulling out a fish from below the surface. He struggled to get it out of the water, as the prey was nearly half the size of him and proved to be a challenging opponent, finally managing to haul his prize out onto the bank to show off to his mentor.

"What do you think?" he asked Cypressglow, his breath ragged and uneven from the struggle. He watched as she hopped down from her rock and inspected the catch before giving him an approving nod.

"I'm not impressed with the time it took, but congratulations on your first solo hunt."
Ladyskittels

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormSerpent » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:45 am

Username: StormSerpent
Cat Name: Jay

Clan: LotusClan (will be moved to second clan when i reach level 10)

prompt:
Jay’s first task as a survivor in training was to win a fight in the arena. They were terrified, they didn’t think that pitting cats against each other was at all a good thing to do, but they didn’t have a choice. They crept into the open sandy area as the whole tribe stared at them and their opponent. They glanced up and saw a fiery orange tabby that was just a bit taller and stronger than they, it was her best friend Koi she growled at her with narrowed eyes and Jay ran to the other side of the arena, Koi wouldn’t hurt them, right? This was awful. They circled each other and Koi showed no emotion, how could their best friend do this to them, how could they fight. Without remorse the ginger clawed their ear. Jay ran off and sat down crying, but Koi just stalked after them. After a while Jay was thoroughly beat up, but they’d never submit to Koi, that just wasn’t right. A cloud drifted over the sun, stopping it’s relentless heat, and during this short time something inside Jay snapped, their emotions faded to the back of their mind and they darted towards koi, soon it was all over as Koi gave in bleeding hard. Jay was congratulated and cheered on by the tribe, but they felt just awful Koi was going to be doing all of the dirty work for a while now. Luckily at their age they wouldn’t be kicked out for losing a match. But something inside them was proud of winning, and only really cared that they hadn’t lost.
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me