Re: Stars #3513

Postby Hush » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:37 pm

Username: Hush
Partner: 0Zero0
Cat Name: Selene
Clan: Clan of Roaring Silence
Prompt:

One as soft and calm as luna’s guiding light,
the other blazing and fierce as Sol's warm embrace.
When the celestial lovers meet so too will the two who best embody them,
and go forth to unite sun and moon as two worlds will become one.

The oracles guidance lead all able bodied cats to the place of convergence as the scent in the air changed. Those who questioned the frankly unbelievable prophecy murmured amongst themselves until all went silent.

Cats who were more familiar with twolegs from kittypet heritage were gracious in sharing glasses made of leaves and setting up a few large leaves stick with sap to twigs and propped up so the shadow could be seen by all those curious.

The ever obedient Selene stayed close to her auntie Lavenderblossom’s side. The queen raised her to take good care of her thick plum colored coat and even carried the kit to avoid the mud, wanting her to look her best for this ever important meeting.

Though as they settled for the event and her aunt was distracted flirting with a tom from the other clan, the orange and black molly caught her eye. Glancing at her caregiver she snuck off to follow her.

Tripping over the root she panicked a bit at getting mud on her coat, sure that she’d be scolded later with how obsessively Lavenderblossom groomed her this morning.

Seeing the other kit play like she was a serious warrior, her worry lessened a bit and she giggled, drawing attention to herself. As she was noticed she shied away a bit. Being taught to always be elegant she calmed herself with a breath before giving a practiced smile. “A-A pleasure to meet you.” She returned the greeting with a nervous one of her own.

Their time together was brief but felt like a lifetime to the reserved kit. It was like StarClan pulled their strings of fate and made them perfect counterparts. Bast helped Selene be less reserved and Selene listened to Bast’s dreams and kept her grounded.

After a while the eclipse was over and their absence was noted so they both returned home, the earful Selene received well worth it.

Selene grew up the image of a pampered princess, the prophecy being fed to her for her entire life. It was to the point she was sick of the word. Until it was fulfilled any danger was forbidden. It was quite the suffocating life that she was ready to be over with.

Even as she obediently went along with getting ready she was unsure of this whole arrangement. Seeking a bit of excitement and control over her own life, she had a few flings over the years but no one could make her feel the way Bast had back then. Marrying someone she’d only met once still didn’t sit right with her though.

As they arrived at the place they met all those years ago a flicker of orange caught her eye just as it had back then. Shaking her head she tried to ignore it and focus on the pleasantries of appeasing the elders. Slowly her true feeling crept in like a strangling vine around her throat. “I need a moment to get some air.” She excused herself before quickly walking off the way she saw Bast go, figuring she was long gone by now. Though as she was slammed into she stumbled back and her jeweled headdress fell to the dirt. With that her already fragile composure slipped a bit and she went to push her away without using her claws.

A piece of her heart broke at her words but instead of letting herself feel that she tried to replace that feeling with a quiet anger to try and protect herself from the harsh words.

“I didn’t ask for this either.”

Her voice was more clear and even than as a kit, growing into her confidence and calm demeanor. As she received the verbal barrage, she remained silent just as she had listening to Bast’s dreams.

Some comments did hit harder than others and she struggled to keep her composure, a scowl slipping across her face before she took a deep breath and reminded herself Bast felt the same way about all this as she did.

As the heavens turned from Bast’s fiery pelt to a hue more close to Selene’s cloud like pelt the thought crossed her mind that they weren’t really that different and she truly admired fierce honestly she was able to express herself with.

She could tell her fury cooled the longer she went on and hoped this was just what she needed, the same way just hearing someone in the same situation as her say the words she herself couldn’t helped her.

Releasing the breath she hadn’t realized she’d been holding, the tension visibly left her and she gave a serene smile.

“It was what I needed to hear. After this we will have time to speak properly without all the pressure on our backs. We’ll explore our dreams together.”

She went willingly with the elders and fixed herself up nicely for her bride, feeling deep in her heart everything would be just fine as long as they were together. Throughout the fight all she could think was how Bast was still the same as the kit she met back then and trusted that once they had time to talk everything would be fine. The prophecy ended with their union so they would be free to live their lives however they wanted and Selene fully intended to follow Bast and support her dreams however she could.

(942 words)
Last edited by Hush on Mon May 27, 2024 6:41 am, edited 8 times in total.
x
x
x
x
x
x

╔══════════════╗
xxImage
* id #256165
* Pantry Puffs
* Art shop
* Toyhouse
╚══════════════╝
xxxxart credit*stamp credit
Hush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:07 pm

Username: Archaeopteryx.
Partner: galaxyy.
Cat Name: Time Where Time Wasn't / "Ain"
Clan: Enurian
Prompt:

Last edited by Archaeopteryx. on Sat May 18, 2024 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:26 pm

Extension has been requested! New end date is now May 20th!
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Sun May 19, 2024 10:54 am

Extension requested! This will be it btw!
New end date is 5/27
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marz-With-A-Z » Sun May 26, 2024 6:20 pm

Username: Marz-With-A-Z
Partner: Arithmedic
Cat Name: Iota
Clan: CotDG
Prompt:
Day 1

It hasn’t rained in days. Rivers and lakes have diminished greatly, and smaller bodies of water like stream and ponds are puddles if not gone entirely. Even creature like lizards and snakes hide away all day in a desperate attempt to regulate their own systems. Many of them have been unsuccessful.

The grass fields a large group of my ‘followers’ lives in are parched to the point of being a fire hazard. I hear them, these cats, they call to me at night and beg for some level of relief. Some of them have perished in the heat, and it’s all been enough to make even me weary of the misery and strife. Everything has its purpose, or so so many say. I usually entertain myself with only the most interesting things, and misery is disgusting easy to find. It does unfortunately mean even my most creative of followers is woefully unmotivated to do more than kittenish pranks, if anything at all.

It’s not me that dries the world of it’s moisture. No, it’s what could perhaps be called a ‘colleague’ of mine. One I’m bitterly dependent on, though I would never tell anyone else this. Without him the Moon has no light. Luckily mortal cats aren’t smart enough to understand things like that and believe my Moon shines with a glory of its own making. And really, it’s looks much better on me anyway.

I know where to find him. The world in between where the mortal living stay and those of higher or more powerful status live is a strange one. Here the grass is too soft and too prickly all at the same time, the sky is an ever shifting array of colors that can’t seem to make up its mind. I much prefer the realm of the mortals and its manipulatable predictability, but he’s here somewhere. I can feel the heat in the air that follows him everywhere, and there’s no better place to seethe and watch the cats you’re suffocating with heat suffer. (Save perhaps their realm itselfs, but then you’d have to suffer in your own punishments.)

I follow the heat. It grows more intense the closer I get and the shine of my fur lets me know I'm on the right track. He’s hunched over the edge of a cliff and staring to the land below. It’s not a place I recognize, but there are mortal cats there. Their proximity to him and ire mean they must be suffering even more than the cats pestering me for aid back in the dry grass fields.

“Is there a particular reason you’ve decided to bake the whole region, or are you simply in one of your moods again?” I kept my voice light, but full of displeasure. He looks at me over his shoulder with a sneer.

“It’s all way above you’re station, i’m afraid,” he turns away from me again, “You should go back to the mortal realm and continue to play your petty little games. Leave me be.”

I let a breath out through my teeth, “There won’t be much of a mortal realm left if you keep this up, you egotistical rat. The waterways are barely enough to sustain a bird, if they’re there at all!” I pace closer, “You need to get priorities straight or-“

He puffs his fur up and turns around to face me, and I try my best not to squint under the full brunt of the heat. “You do not tell me what I ‘need’ to do! No cat would know anything about you at all if it weren’t for me!” His teeth glint in the shifting lights of the evening, “If it were up to me, you’d be gone entirely, but your infernal rock orbits the realm too closely.”

“And then what? We’re not the only greater beings. The others seem content to let me bear the brunt of dealing with you and your ego, but they’d come for you eventually.” The grass shifts under his tail and he whips it back and forth, and I know the threat has reached somewhere in his brain. “Just be reasonable for once-“

A flash of a light, and he’s gone.

“Every single time,” I snarl and shred the grass beneath my paws. Who knows where he’s gone now.

Day 2

It takes me nearly the whole next day to find him, looking down on the mortal realm at what seems to be the same group of mortal cats. Distance is strange here, what seems like miles here could only be a few minutes walk there. Sometimes the opposite in some places.

“You cannot run from me forever, Ypsilon,” I call to him and I stalk my way forward. “This behavior is unsustainable and you know it.”

His face twists into an angry snarl, “Do you ever keep to your own business, Iota? Or do you spend all your days finding more important cats to pester?”

I chose to ignore the attempted insult. “What is your issue with these mortal cats? Surely they’ve gotten whatever message you are attempting to send to them,” I say as I peer through the strange fog at the edge of the realms to try and see who they are. They just seem like cats. At least last time the ones he was so mad at were actively attempting to draw followers away from him. I’ve never even heard of these ones.

“They worship the water, as if it is something to be revered,” he sneers, and I bite my tongue against the growing irritation, “I’ll show them how much power it has. See how it stands up to the full brunt of my sun.”

Doesn’t he have enough cats devoted to him by now? It’s not as if cats worshiping water in some form is new. These ones don’t even seem over zealous about it. He must be grasping at straws to find something to punish with his sun as he’s so want to do. I really don’t get his obsession with these mortal cats he claims are so inferior to us.

“The water is important, it keeps them alive. It keeps everything alive,” I tell him as if speaking to a kit. His tail swats the end of my muzzle as it sweeps across the grass. I felt a brief bit of jealousy over its ability to embody his irritation, my own tail barely long enough to twitch one way or the other. I shove it aside in favor of imagining biting it off and the base to make us even. “If the water is all gone, they won’t be the only cats who’ll die. Even those who devote themselves to you are suffering.”

He turns to look at me from the corner of his eye, “My followers are stronger. They have already felt my true heat and endured it well.”

I narrow my eyes and took a step forward “They can’t endure it forever, they can’t even endure it for a few more days. You need to pull back-“

His hackles rise as he turns to face me fully, “What did I tell you about telling me what to do!” He steps closer again, “ You are nothing compared to me, Iota. You know noth-“

I launched myself at him with a snarl, and suddenly we’re both thrown into the dry heat of the mortal realm as we tumble off the edge of the cliff through the veil. The sky has started to dim, but he’s too busy wrestling me off of him to notice.

“You insolent brat! How dare you put your paws on me!” He screeches and swipes at me with his claws.

“I’m bringing you closer to the misery your causing, don’t you want to see it up close?” I hop backwards away from him. A few mortal cats are just barely visible a ways down the valley, just visible enough to see them turn towards the sky. I can’t hear them, but I can imagine there frantic words to one another.

The temperature drops and the sky darkens further, as if it were turning to night in the middle of the day. Ypsilon turns his face to the sky. The sun is covered by the moon, reduced to a ring of light that doesn’t even hurt to look at.

No! What have you done?! Stop this at once!” He tries to claw me again but his strength fades along with the sunlight. His desperation is clear on his face. He never has dealt well with feeling weak.

I smile at him with a mouth full of sharp teeth, “Or what? You already know what I want. Agree to pull back or I’ll keep you precious sun hidden until every cat abandons you as a deity, until they see you as weak, destroyable, nothing.”

He’s hunkered closer to the ground as he begins to pant, “You- I-,” he churns the earth in his claws. “Alright. Fine, I’ll pull away. I’ll end the drought, just stop this.”

I narrow my eyes at him. “Alright, but if you don’t hold up your end I’ll come after you. “I backed away from him, and the light began to return, as well as the heat.

Ypsilon stood shakily and stepped away further, his ears flat to his head and his fur still stuck up ever which way. “It’ll take a few hours,” he ground out, “but the heat will break by tomorrow morning, you have my word.”

“Either way, I know where to find you.” He glares and slinks away back into the realm between.

I sigh heavily. It’s always so annoying when he gets likes this. He’s bound to sulk about like a kit for days after this one.

Day 4

The day starts with rain. I can hear the desperate thanks from the cats who pray to me at night, and for once I count it as justified. I am the one who fixed it, after all. Unfortunately, the cats devoted to the sun still sing his praise even in the wake of his attempt and turning the world to dust. They thank him for mercy, they even thank him for punishing them in the first place.

I haven’t seen hide nor hair of Ypsilon since are little spat, but he’s bound to show up sooner or later.

What is it with mortal cats and needing to appeal to ‘higher powers’? Maybe if they ignored us all from the start this never would have happened.

I sigh from my perch atop the trees on the hill. Mortal cats are really quite strange. Maybe the ones who walk by the light of the moon can talk some sense into a few more of them, but then again, the last time they tried something of a civil war broke out.

I shook the rain from my fur and hopped from the branches back to the ground. There surely was something more fun to do than watch mortal cats wax poetic about a tyrant.

Maybe once the pond and streams have filled back up I can goad a few into putting those shiny pebbles in weird places again.
ImageImageImage
ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇꜱ
ᴅᴍ ᴍᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏʀ ᴏɴ ᴅɪꜱᴄʀᴏᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴꜱ
ᴅɪꜱᴄʀᴏᴅ:
marz_with_a_z
ᴛᴏʏʜᴏᴜsᴇ
ꜰᴜʀʀʏ ᴘᴀᴡꜱ
ᴀʀᴛꜰɪɢʜᴛ

"ɪꜰ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ
ᴡᴇʟʟ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴡᴏʀꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ɪᴛ ɪꜱ
ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴇɴꜱᴇ, ᴘʀᴇꜱᴇɴᴛʟʏ
ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱᴇɴᴛᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴ ᴍᴀʀᴋꜱ ᴏʀ ᴅᴏᴛ ᴅᴏᴛ ᴅᴏᴛ

ɪꜱ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʀᴀɢᴇᴏᴜꜱ ᴏʀ ᴇꜱᴄᴀᴘɪꜱᴛ
ᴛᴏ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Qᴜᴀʀᴀɴᴛɪɴᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɢɪᴏᴜꜱ?
ɪᴛ ᴍᴀʏ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴄᴏʟᴅ
ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇꜱɪᴅᴇꜱ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ɢᴇᴛ ᴏʟᴅ"

ᴍᴀʀᴢ - ʜᴇ/ᴛʜᴇʏ - ᴄᴏʏᴏᴛᴇ
Marz-With-A-Z

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me