Re: Lunar New Year Adopts - Ox

Postby lovestruck » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:46 am

username; bluebird.
    name; Aloe
    example; (takes place in my medieval au)
    Determination glinted in the young kalon’s eyes as she pulled the delicate paper over the small metal frame. Lantern-making was not an easy task, but she’d somehow manage to learn. A ripping sound filled her ears for what seemed like the thousandth time that hour. Aloe sighed and dropped her head, groaning to her Mentor, [url=a]A[/url]pollo, “I’ll never get this right!” Apollo placed a paw on her head softly, and sighed, “Yes you will, my apprentice. It takes determination, and patience. We need these lanterns for the full moon festival tonight, where we’ll cast away our sins so that the sun doesn’t leave us. The whole kingdom is depending on you, so keep at it.”
    wip
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lemm » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:16 am

Username; carousel.
Name; Plex
Example; [172/500 words]
Plex sat waiting on the wooden bench, a few feet away from the door. Would they actually show up? He’d been expecting his interviewer, whom had described himself very broadly, to show for their meeting. The results of this meeting, or should he say interview, would determine whether plex could make a living from his favorite thing, animating. Over his lifetime, he’d been the quiet kid in the back of the class doodling in his notebook. His parents were always disappointed with his grades in his childhood, because Plex was never the sharpest knife in the drawer. But this time, they’d be proud as their precious son got a job as an animator for the biggest animation company in Australia. He’d get the job, no doubt about it. On his IPad he had a portfolio of this best animations and gifs, along with his trusty notebook of ideas. And so when the interviewer stepped inside the office building and greeted Plex, he stood with confidence as he walked into the office room.
lemm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soll » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:25 am

Username; Soll
Name;
Example; (100 words minimum, 500 maximum)
⊱ ─────── {.⋅ Image ⋅.} ────── ⊰
Hi I'm Soll! I'm an lgbt artist, figure
skater and dancer! [adult]
Bff ♥ | Ringi ♥ | | | |
⊱ ─────── {.⋅ Image ⋅.} ────── ⊰
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He/Him | Adult | Married
Stars | ©
Art 4 c$|Art 4 Art
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
┄┄┄┄┄┄ Image
Soll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hounder » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:32 pm

username; bear?
name; osborne
example;

"just fake it, i've done it my whole life why can't you?"

ozzy sulked in the dim basement and flopped down on the battered couch, crossing his arms. "do you even know me?" he turned to the other kalon with a smile. "i can barely keep my trap shut for two minutes, how do you expect me to follow in my pop's footsteps for a couple decades without sayin' anything about how i'm lyin'?" ozzy's 'pop' was a wrestler, a good one at that. he'd competed in international championships and traveled around the world to wrestle. throughout ozzy's whole life wrestling had been the focal point, there was always replays on the tv and it was what the conversation at dinner always came back to. but ozzy wasn't a wrestler, couldn't be one if his life depended on it. he always had the wrong predictions and never moved fast enough or with enough strength. ozzy was a camp counselor. ozzy had begun going to camp waspen when he was 10 years old, and never stopped coming back every year until he was 18. a couple months before camp was set to take place on what would be ozzy's ninth year if he was still eligible to attend, he was asked to come and be a 'counselor in training' and eventually become an official counselor. while ozzy thought he had finally found his dream job, his dad thought it was stupid and useless. ozzy was determined to show his dad what he was doing was worth his time. he had countless conversations with him about the effects of the camp and the activities, ozzy did everything he could to win his dad over.

"but why, osborne? why would you wanna be in a forest or a secret building when you could be in the rink! taking soembody down and hearing the sweet sweet sound of the bell!"

"pop you know i'm no good at wrestling, you've been trying to train me since i was a little kid, it's nev-"

"you've got wrestlers blood in ya osborne, you just need to try!"

every conversation went like that, until finally, after 2 years of having weekly, almost daily conversations, ozzy's pop finally let up.
Last edited by hounder on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
hounder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Winnie

Postby whim » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:44 pm

Username; whim /// Name; Winnie /// Example; 473 words ☽

"It's... It's all ruined! You ruined everything, Winnie!" The kalon cried, the place around her a complete wreck. It was supposed to be her birthday tomorrow, and for a big number, too. The group had just finished the preparations for the party the following day, but thanks to an accident with Winnie, the entire place was in ruins. The decorations destroyed, balloons deflated, colors scattered...

"I... I'm sorry-" Winnie started, though was interrupted by the other kalons leaving the building, the door slamming behind them, leaving an ominous echo with Winnie alone in the dark. There was nothing but the moonlight beaming down onto her from the window above. She studied her surroundings, namely the destroyed stereos and teared streamers. "I really messed up this time... What should I do?" She asked herself, almost in tears over the whole situation as she slumped against the hard floor beneath her. "I can't do this to her... She's my best friend." She sighed. She looked around at the setting one last time. Maybe... I can fix this! I hope...

Instead of loathing herself, she took a deep breath. She had to fix this, and tonight. It was a huge task for one kalon, after all, they had taken all day to set up the place. Winnie didn't let that get to her, though, and she dashed through the halls looking for anything that could be used as party decorations. She ended up having to get creative, using paint and paper to imitate streamers, using tiles that reflected as make shift glitter, boxes as tables, and so on.

Midnight had eventually arrived. There was still so much to do... The poor kalon was already exhausted. I can't... "No!" She told her inner voice, shaking her head. "No! This has to be done. I can do it!" Were her words, filling herself with motivation. She could feel sleep starting to tug at her consciousness, but fought it as best as she could. C'mon Winnie... Just a couple more hours! You can do this! For Kiki!

She didn't know how, but when she awoke that morning covered in paint still in the building, everything was finished. "I... I did it!" She said wearily, gazing at all the decorations she had managed to put up in the duration of the night. Winnie had gotten little to no sleep, but it was worth it. It had even looked better than when it had started. As she looked around at the setting before her, she eventually heard paw steps behind her.

"Winnie, what are you-" the kalon started. It appeared to be Kiki, the kalon who's birthday was today. "Oh my gosh... Winnie... Did you do all of this?" Kiki gasped, her expression showing pure disbelief. Her eyes shifted from each scene, glittering with amazement.

"Happy birthday, Kiki!"
whim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meridiem » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:45 pm

xxxxxxxxxxx
Username; Meridiem
Name; Connor
491/500
xxxxxxxxxxx

Connor lives a quiet Kansas farm. He is a very strong headed leader on the farm. He is part of the farmers' strongest yoke. His partner, on the other hand, is a very quiet and introverted ox. Connor always tries to break Connie out of her shell. She does appreciate the gesture but sometimes it is too much for Connie to handle.

One day, Connor trotted over to Connie to see what was the plan for the day.

"Hi, my sweet sweet Connie. How are you doing today?
"Not today Connor."

Connor didn't know what just happened. Usually, Connie kept to herself, but today felt different. He decided he was going to find out what was wrong with his yoke partner. He first went to the chickens to see what was all the clucking about today.

"Hello my lovely chicks, how are we doing? Do you gals know what is wrong with Connie?"
"Oh, you are too sweet Connor! She was just checking her flower garden this morning and when she left it, she was crying. Check there?"

He nodded and kissed them goodbye as he marched over to Connie's flower garden. When he poked his head inside the small fenced in area, he saw a dead patch of flowers. Connor was heart-broken for Connie. He wanted to make her happy so he set off for the store which was a few hours of travel.

Once he arrived he found the biggest, prettiest, and the brightest flower he could to make his yoke mate smile once again. It was the color of angel's tears and smelled like morning dew. Connor nodded at the flower, paid the store owner, and set off to go back to the barn.

The blistering Kansas sun beat down on Connor's back as he headed home. He was exhausted. The journey took more energy than he had expected. He almost fell to the ground due to exhaustion a few times but the only thing that kept him going was the way Connie was going to react to a new flower. So one foot after the other, Connor marched on until the fencing of his farm was in sight.

Connor, tired as ever, planted the flower down in the heat-drenched soil. Now all he had to do was find Connie to surprise her with the new gift. He rushed over to the old oak tree where Connie would relax after a hard days work. He heard her crying as he got closer.

"Hey, sunshine, come here. I have something I want to show you."

Connie shook her head no and whipped her eyes. Connor wouldn't take no for an answer so he swept her off the ground and carried her over to her garden. Connie just hid her eyes from the garden, not knowing what had just been planted there. She looked over and smiled.

"Thank you, Connor."

She hugged him tightly. He had done right by her.
------------------------------------------
Meridiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wriolette enjoyer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:16 am

Username; grell sutcliff ;,
Name; fabian kier
Example;
during a trip to the desert, he had no more food supplies left. the warm climate and the constant sand were too overwhelming for this young adventurer who fought for his life in the desert. he missed the refreshment of water, the aftermath of rain and the taste of his favourite food. but this adventurer did not give up hope for any of those things. during these painful desert days, he did luckily find some water supplies but that did not last him a long amount of time.
but then one day, something unexpected happened.
suddenly, snow appeared in the middle of the desert where he was walking at. he got confused as why there would be snow in a desert. after some walking trough the sand covered with a layer of snow, he has determined that it was all due to climate change.
remembering that ice melts into water, he has scooped up a little bit of the ice and let it melt in his bottle.
after he has found a small city nearby, he was too excited. the taste of food and the refreshment of real water delighted him as he talked to his friends about the experience trough the desert, only to bring out a bit of melted ice in a bottle.
he was determined to find shelter, to find food and rescue by someone, anyone.
he did. life has its ups and downs but we all have determination in certain things.
determination to find something that will help us in need. he resolved the problems he had in the desert, and safely walked back home.
he/him, adult, into genshin impact.

i occasionally pop in time to time to see what's new.
i do not trade my pets.
wriolette enjoyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mackstarr » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:55 am

Username; mackstarr - Name; Wesley // "from the West meadow"
The sun was blazing hot against the prairie grasses today, and Wesley tromped along the barbed wire fence at the edge of a meadow. He watched a pair of bluebirds flit over his head and smiled to himself. He peered over the hillside once he reached a downward turn in the slope and watched his herd of cows as they grazed in the field below him. New calves pranced about on their wobbly legs, chasing after each other. Wesley sat in the swaying golden fronds and observed the creatures for a while, taking a sandwich out of the satchel around his waist. Two long, white ox horns hung from either side of the bag's strap. He used these to urge the cows to move into other pastures since it was less frightening to them than herding dogs. He stood suddenly as he watched a calf stumble away from the group and down a bank. Its mother ran over and Wesley waited for the calf to return, but the mother only stood facing the fence, crying out for it. It must have gotten through.

Wesley ran down the hill, the slope allowing his feet to leave the ground for extended amounts of time and making him feel like he was gliding. He slipped smoothly under the fence and trotted through the cows. They turned their heads lazily to look at him, but seemed unaffected by his presence. He approached the mother cow cautiously and looked at where she had been searching. There was no calf in sight. He crawled beneath the fence, which he noted he needed to make more secure, and the coolness of the tree shade washed over him. The green leaves over his head created a pretty shadow pattern on the soil. He followed the scuffed up dirt for several dozen yards until he reached a curve in the stream. The calf was struggling to stay upright in the moderately paced water, its hazel colored tail swinging frantically. Wesley made to move toward the calf, but it startled and face-planted into the water before regaining its feet after a moment. Wesley stood still and thought. He went downstream and waded across, careful not to move too quickly. He removed the ox horns from his waist and a piece of twine from his bag, wrapping it around them until he could situate them atop his head. He carefully began wading out toward the calf again. It watched him fearfully, but didn't run. Wesley slowly lowered his head and pushed the calf's side with the ox horns. It startled, but moved toward the opposite bank. It was working! It was slow going, but Wesley finally herded the calf back through the trees and into the field, where its concerned mother stood waiting. She hurried her baby away and Wesley smiled, pulling his makeshift horns from his head and dedicating the next hour to reinforcing the fence so no more wandering calves were put in danger.

[ 495 words ]
_________

Hi, I'm Mack!
♥adult♥

♥proud cat-mom♥
toyhouse
art shop // DA
bilbo baggins?

mackstarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Thanks for entering everyone <3

Hms: aello, inferno, , APH Siantia , chunkypeanutbutter, whim

Winner: mackstarr

mackstarr wrote:Image
Username; mackstarr - Name; Wesley // "from the West meadow"
The sun was blazing hot against the prairie grasses today, and Wesley tromped along the barbed wire fence at the edge of a meadow. He watched a pair of bluebirds flit over his head and smiled to himself. He peered over the hillside once he reached a downward turn in the slope and watched his herd of cows as they grazed in the field below him. New calves pranced about on their wobbly legs, chasing after each other. Wesley sat in the swaying golden fronds and observed the creatures for a while, taking a sandwich out of the satchel around his waist. Two long, white ox horns hung from either side of the bag's strap. He used these to urge the cows to move into other pastures since it was less frightening to them than herding dogs. He stood suddenly as he watched a calf stumble away from the group and down a bank. Its mother ran over and Wesley waited for the calf to return, but the mother only stood facing the fence, crying out for it. It must have gotten through.

Wesley ran down the hill, the slope allowing his feet to leave the ground for extended amounts of time and making him feel like he was gliding. He slipped smoothly under the fence and trotted through the cows. They turned their heads lazily to look at him, but seemed unaffected by his presence. He approached the mother cow cautiously and looked at where she had been searching. There was no calf in sight. He crawled beneath the fence, which he noted he needed to make more secure, and the coolness of the tree shade washed over him. The green leaves over his head created a pretty shadow pattern on the soil. He followed the scuffed up dirt for several dozen yards until he reached a curve in the stream. The calf was struggling to stay upright in the moderately paced water, its hazel colored tail swinging frantically. Wesley made to move toward the calf, but it startled and face-planted into the water before regaining its feet after a moment. Wesley stood still and thought. He went downstream and waded across, careful not to move too quickly. He removed the ox horns from his waist and a piece of twine from his bag, wrapping it around them until he could situate them atop his head. He carefully began wading out toward the calf again. It watched him fearfully, but didn't run. Wesley slowly lowered his head and pushed the calf's side with the ox horns. It startled, but moved toward the opposite bank. It was working! It was slow going, but Wesley finally herded the calf back through the trees and into the field, where its concerned mother stood waiting. She hurried her baby away and Wesley smiled, pulling his makeshift horns from his head and dedicating the next hour to reinforcing the fence so no more wandering calves were put in danger.

[ 495 words ]
Medd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mackstarr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:29 pm

I AM LITERALLY YELLING

thank you so much Medd ;u; I love him so much!

_________

Hi, I'm Mack!
♥adult♥

♥proud cat-mom♥
toyhouse
art shop // DA
bilbo baggins?

mackstarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery