Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Mormont Ponies ▸ HARPG Adoptables by Arkinhallow

Artist Arkinhallow [gallery]
Time spent 19 hours, 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 30
58 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Mormont Ponies ▸ HARPG Adoptables

Postby Arkinhallow » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:05 pm

adoptscompetitions ▴ breeding ▴ register / foal r.register updates

𝙰𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚝 𝚂𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑

On Hiatus - May Update

𝙷𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢
Mormont Ponies are a modern breed originating in England. They are the result of crossbreeding between a handful of European breeds with the intention of creating a stronger crossbreed that could outclass its pony predecessors. The basis of the breed was the Fell Pony, chosen for their hardiness, sure-footedness, endurance and agility. Much of the Mormont Pony's characteristics have been inherited from them, including a similar build. Exmoor Ponies were introduced to improve upon those same attributes, and combined with minor contributions from the Haflinger and Shetland breeds, served to add colour.

Traditional-type Mérens horses of the Pyrenees and Ariégeois mountains, known for their sure-footedness and ability to survive outside year-round, were bred to these crosses to further improve their defense against harsh conditions and to complement their ability to traverse poor terrain. The addition of the Mérens horse also served to improve height and jumping ability, but in order to further increase the modest jumping ability provided by the Mérens and Fell breeds, Holsteiner and Oldenburger stock was added to the bloodlines.

The Mormont Pony Society (MPS) oversaw the creation of the breed in the early 20th century and originally consisted of only a few hobbyist breeders. Within a decade the MPS became nationally recognised and numbers had grown exponentially as the developing breed garnered interest. The MPS now holds a number of shows annually and keeps a record of all registered individuals of the breed.

𝚄𝚜𝚎𝚜
The Mormont Pony is uniquely suited to rough weather and difficult terrain. They have thick winter coats and are able to survive outside year round. These qualities, combined with their strength and agility, make them capable work horses, useful particularly in rural areas where vehicle entry is difficult or impossible. They are extremely useful for farm, draft and pack work, and can comfortably carry large loads for long distances. Their sure-footedness in uncertain terrain makes them good hunting and cross-country horses. It's not uncommon to see a Mormont Pony pulling a child's sled in the winter.

In competition, Mormont Ponies are capable across a range of disciplines. They are most suited to driving, cross-country, endurance, and jumping of all kinds. Their stamina and endurance are their strongest skills, and they are admirable jumpers, although not capable of outclassing their Holsteiner and Olderburger forefathers in this area. They are commonly entered in show and working hunter classes, and have excellent manner and bearing in the show ring. They have also been used for dressage and eventing, and more rarely in western disciplines.

𝙱𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚍
The Mormont Pony retains much of the build of its primary base breed, the Fell Pony. The body is large with a rounded barrel and strong hindquarters. The tail should sit somewhat low. The neck is strong and short. Legs should be muscular with large knees, short cannons and at least moderate feathering. The hooves should be of moderate size and well-rounded. The head is decently sized with a broad forehead and a slight slope down to the muzzle - the profile should be slightly convex. The expression is lively and alert. The muzzle and mouth should be soft and sloping. The eyes should be mild, bright and intelligent, and ears should be small and well-formed.

It's common, and often expected, for the mane and tail of a Mormont Pony is allowed to grow long and kept in its natural state, however for shows and by personal preference of the owner, they may have brushed, braided or shortened manes.

The average height of the Mormont Pony is 13.3 hands, but they can be anywhere between 13 and 14.2 hands high.

𝙲𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜
The breed is primarily seen in black, brown and grey, with bay and chestnut being common also. Flaxen, mealy and pangare horses are very common owing to the Haflinger and Exmoor heritage of the breed. Dark colouring is desireable, and solid-coloured individuals make up most of the breed. Extensive white colouring is discouraged, and ponies should ideally have <50% white, excluding roans. Some competitions may give penalties for horses with excessive white. Tobiano and cream, introduced by the Oldenburger, are permitted, but are looked down on by many breeders who prefer the solid dark colours of some of the more influential founding breeds, the Fell and Mérens horses, so they are quite uncommon. Silver colouring is also permitted and has increased in popularity as silver blacks and browns tend to be quite striking while retaining a dark base. Mushroom is occasionally seen.
Last edited by Arkinhallow on Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:40 am, edited 25 times in total.
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mormont Ponies ▸ HARPG Adoptables ▸ Rules

Postby Arkinhallow » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:06 pm

These rules are subject to change at any time. New or updated rules will be indicated using red text.

If you are having trouble with a community or staff member, please come to me, Arkinhallow, to resolve the issue. If you received a strike or ban and would like to contest it, you can do so after some time has passed (see below). You can contest a strike or ban by PMing me and providing your reasoning as to why it should be repealed.

General Rules wrote:─ As always, CS rules must be followed at all times.
─ Be respectful to staff and community members at all times. Guilt-tripping or being rude or argumentative is not acceptable behaviour.
─ Mini-modding is not allowed. If you see or have an issue, report it to me.
─ Bigotry in any form in a community space is not acceptable.
─ You must have a stable page you can link to in order to adopt. You may share stables with other users.
─ Stables need to be registered within 1 month of adopting your first pony. You can register on the update thread (linked in the main post).
─ Mormont Ponies cannot be sold for real currency. They can be gifted for free or exchanged for:
    - art
    - chicken dollars
    - CS pets
    - other Mormont Ponies or CS-based adopts (provided their rules allow it)
    - breeding slots from Mormont Ponies or other CS-based adopts (provided their rules allow it)
    - any other website currency e.g. DA points, FR treasure, etc.
─ If you are selling a horse, do not update the register until you have received payment. This avoids any problems if the buyer cannot come up with funds or rescinds a trade before you can accept. **edited 14/1/21
─ If you are selling/gifting a horse, both the new and old owners must post on the horse's page confirming the transfer. This confirms that both parties agree to the ownership change. The previous owner needs to post to the register update thread so that the information can be updated in the register. **edited 14/1/21
─ As a closed species, creating your own Mormont Pony is not permitted. Changing the coat design of a pony you own is also not allowed. You are welcome to add items, tack, etc. of your own design.
─ You cannot claim designs that you do not own. Likewise, plagiarising backstories or personalities is not permitted.
─ Mormont Ponies cannot be taken offsite. Websites like weebly or wix are permitted for character storage.
─ Users who are banned from CS are considered banned from Mormont Ponies. Banned users cannot claim their adopts under another account.

𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚜
    - three strikes result in a ban
    - given for minor offenses
    - may be contested after 1 month
    - can still participate in adopts, breeding, customs etc.

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚜
    - permanent removal from the species
    - cannot enter for adopts
    - cannot breed or order customs
    - may be contested after 3 months
    - if the appeal is knocked back after 3 months, or the ban is not contested
    in a timely manner, all horses owned will be repossessed and readopted
𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚜
none.

𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚜
none.
Last edited by Arkinhallow on Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:39 am, edited 17 times in total.
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arkinhallow » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:06 pm

-
Last edited by Arkinhallow on Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arkinhallow » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:07 pm

-
Last edited by Arkinhallow on Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-
Last edited by Arkinhallow on Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mormont Ponies ▸ HARPG Adoptables ▸ Imports

-
Last edited by Arkinhallow on Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mormont Ponies ▸ HARPG Adoptables ▸ wip

Postby Kayara » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:10 pm

markk
I’m Kay, and I’m fascinated with animals. If you can swallow pills, you're cooler than me. When I lurk, it's to chat with my friend or perhaps contribute to the oekaki boards ;]
other: pentecostal/apostolic, she/her|introvert/INFP-T|❤️❤️💖|TH|Art shop|pic credit
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mormont Ponies ▸ HARPG Adoptables ▸ wip

Postby Froot_Loop_Waffle » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:13 pm

Mark!